Type keyword(s) to search

Lords Of The Castle: Show Creators Past and Present

(edited)

Just when I thought this show or Hacklowe couldn't piss me off more we get this from the awesome Matt Mitovich.

If you're stepping down from being show runner/EP then stup the fuck down. He'll always be the show creater and an EP credit. With the syndication deal he and P.A. Terri will have made some "screw you" money. Not Jerry Sienfeld "F you" money, but insane by most standards. Also true with talent. I can't keep track of how many celebrities who didn't even finish college pontificating about some bullshit (see: Jenny McCarthy). But that's a talk for another day.

You know what it is that's really ticking me off? AWH doesn't deserve to keep his job. And you can take all that PR bullshit with a grain of salt. Remember ABC is the network that brought you the absolute galling promo pics (of all their shows), that dickweed John Lopes with his deranged tweets, and that guy that still can't get a Fillion/Stana joint interview. Really?

Hack has been fucking around with us for too damn long. And it wasn't just this season. Do I have to go through the mid season cluster fuck of season 5 &6? And let's not even talk about season 4 when called himself "heart, not Hart". Excuse me while I throw up.

If you're going to mix it up, then mix it up. Now the new show runner is still going to be given direction/the all new super bad super horrible, super non organic Big Bad so they can run the show into the ground for the last season while the fans berate his (Amann's) ass & leave the Hack to just sit back and collect a paycheck.

What.an.asshole.

Edited by Elysium1973

Yea, this whole thing seems kind of weird to me.

I would be annoyed if I got promoted, but then had the person I was replacing stick around and tell people he was still very involved.  If it's just that Amann is doing more of the day-to-day, why make a big announcement?  Doesn't showrunner mean the person in charge or with the final worrd on things (aside from the network, anyway). So how's he in charge in Marlowe is still implementing his vision?

But to be somewhat fair....those quotes from Marlowe are from an interview he gave right after the finale (so BEFORE the announcement about Amann.  Until we get a new interview (from either Marlowe or Amann), it's hard to really judge.  

I don't actually think we need any major change with the show, just some minor tweaks would work.

(edited)

Could there be a romance brewing? Heh.

Or may be he's gone over to personally reassure her that the premiere isn't going to be full of crazy shit for Beckett like the finale was. It seemed clear she didn't have a clue what was going to happen next and you need to keep your lead actress reassured and happy.  

Then again since there's been no real change in showrunner duties, may be he's gone to break the news that Marlowe's not finished his hatchet job on Beckett and there's a secret baby she gave up for adoption during her hectic college years about to appear.

Edited by verdana
Could there be a romance brewing? Heh.

Never rule out the crazy imaginations amongst the crazies. ;)

I'm afraid the best reason to be in Firenze is not even to be with Stana, but to eat gelato at that shop! Heh.

Hmm...gelato... but seriously, I'm not inclined to think Amann being over there has anything to do with Stana.  In this day and age of phone/email/video conferencing etc., would it really be necessary for Amann to fly to Italy to discuss something with Stana?  Even if he wanted to have a face to face discussion, she'll be back in L.A. soon enough for photoshoots anyway.  Is there anything so urgent?  I wouldn't think giving an actor an overview of what's coming up for her character to be so terribly urgent.  Castle isn't the kind of artistic endeavour where you have to be prepped and prepared a lot in advance.  I think the actors are quite capable of diving straight in by this point, no matter what craziness the writers throw at them.  And I think people imagine actors to have more influence/concern when they think they have a lot of input into storylines.  If it were a serious discussion about contracts and $$, I think it would involve her lawyers and agent and the studio, and not the showrunner (in name only?).   But who knows?  Maybe ABC has a lot of $ to burn on overseas trips for its employees. 

I do wonder if AM ever bothered to meet with the secondary cast ahead of the season, because what is there really to say when he gives them close to nothing to do?  I would avoid meeting with Tamala if I were him! ;)  But he could give her the good news that she'll continue to be part of the regular cast and get good pay for doing very little. ;)  In reality, I think the actors are all experienced professionals and understood what is/is not expected of them from the writing of the show by now.

(edited)

I'm certain the secondary cast aren't exactly waiting around with baited breath to see what they'll be up to next season.  They know the score by now - to support Caskett and give dry case exposition - that seems to be about the sum total of it. Pity.

Espo is the guy who says "Yo Beckett!" and makes fun out of Castle (actually everyone does that), Lanie of course has her lividity line to spout, Alexis is unloved and unwanted by the writers who don't know what to do with her, she's the one that's been hurt the most over the last few seasons. Martha is the Caskett random advice giver (most of it not good) which is designed to get a funny punchline out of Nathan. Gates is marooned between liking Castle one minute and hating on him the next depending upon the plot, we never see her family life and her sister's appearance was a bit of damp squib.

Ryan has fared better and actually had a decent story arc. A romance that felt generally grown up and was not full of stupid angst, a sweet heartfelt proposal, a joyful wedding and a child without having his character messed with to get there. Yet Seamus is probably as bored as the rest of them, we've heard heard precious little about his family life with Sarah Grace since she's been born. Apparently she doesn't impact on his job or life at all. 

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

I have been blasted by the self anointed Castle Fan Gods for disagreeing that what TPW and AH are delivering is not brilliant, but a load of Rinsed, Re-cycled, Crap from when Alexi was not allowed to pursue the breakup or other ideas under Marlowe.  Found it interesting the timing of his leaving, after S 4 to go to Following to kill it after two seasons, and even stranger he has a Twin Brother who is the Show Runner for Fargo and is one of the top thought of in Tinsel Town.  I strongly think the show will not survive 12 weeks off with Trust Me, we know what we are doing this year and look for numbers to drop below 1 for the first time.  I don't have the answer, thus I am not in Hollywood, but I do know that when you get more negative feedback than positive, you probably should adjust your thinking.  Unfortunately I don't think Winters has a backbone or there would not have been a need for AH to even be brought in, if Following had been renewed, and now how I wish it had, we would not be stuck with this "Resetting Process"  to make us all fall in love with the show.

NEWS FLASH HAWLEY,  You left for 3 years we didn't, want to save some money, just bring out S 4 DVD and use them as bottle episodes and Slaughter, wasn't one time enough even if he is friends with NF, I think AB is a first class mess, as politely as I could put it.

OK Wendy,  Thanks sitting in an airport, flight delayed, pissed off people, and our show going to hell, appreciate the opportunity to rant

• Love 1

moved from ratings

Regarding their quotes: They have failed miserably on all fronts.

And even if it did work that way, why would viewers be willing to invest in that fresh new relationship and not expect it to be snatched away?

• Love 2