Type keyword(s) to search

In The Dark - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Felix did wipe the prints off the gun before he stashed it. I was hoping he didn't, and they'd show Jess's prints, which are hopefully not on file anywhere, but are definitely not Murphy's. And therefore, Murphy is exonerated. But they definitely showed Felix wiping the gun.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

Has anyone working on this show ever done any research on how trials work? Or seen an episode of Law and Order? How is anything that's happening even allowed? Why are all of these random people just allowed to speculate and drag Murphy because of a bad one night stand? How can the trial just keep going when one of the lawyers just walked away? How can they just keep adding new things? Everyone on this show is an idiot. Except for Pretzel, who we really need more of if the show wants me to stick around this season.

Murphy and Max sleeping together was a horrible idea, but Leslie should have called for a mistrial the second her own sex life was thrown into court proceedings. It sucks that she got cheated on but that doesn't mean she cant do her job, even if she cant be Murphy's lawyer anymore.  

In what universe did Murphy kill that heroin addict guy? Its so frustrating, Murphy is certainly a messy self centered person who makes constantly terrible choices, but so is everyone else, but she's the only person who apparently has to pay for it. Everyone is trying to blame her for everything that has ever gone wrong ever, its ridiculous. What's next? Murphy was responsible for the assassination's of Lincoln and JFK, and she wrote the last season of Game of Thrones! She's a monster who must be stopped!

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6
(edited)

Why are they all still blaming Murphy for ruining their lives? She really didn't do that. She was lazy and defiant, but she isn't the one who started the drug dealing, the money stealing, and she's the one who solved the murder in season 1 and is now taking the penalty so none of the others are held accountable for their roles in all their collective schemes. And they all keep making things worse while she tries to figure out a way out. And why is Darnell so pissed at her? Who the hell does he think he is??

Edited by possibilities
  • Love 8

It cracked me up how Felix and Max were shocked—shocked!—that Leslie threw them out of her house. WTF did they expect? Felix brought mayhem into her life and Max cheated on her. I was surprised Leslie let Max sleep in the same bed.

Poor Pretzel, stuck in a motel room all day. Not that what Murphy is currently up to is a good place for him, but is he getting any exercise? And the poor guy needs to pee and poop.

• Love 9

Tensions escalate when Murphy's plans hit a bump in the road; Josh's vendetta against Murphy grows with a friend's help.

Airs 8/1.

I don't know how much bigger Josh's vendetta can get, given he's obsessed with putting Murphy away for life plus 1,500 years. 

• Applause 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
(edited)

How can Josh's vendetta against Murphy possibly escalate anymore? He's three seconds from building his own soundproof basement and just locking her in there forever. Honestly, everyone on this show is exhausting. Murphy, a self centered self destructive screw up, is the most likable character on the show. Except for Pretzel of course, what a good boy. Poor guy, all alone in a hotel room all day, no one on this show deserves him.

I really wish that Murphy would at least tell Darnell what really happened with his sister, if for no other reason than seeing his face when he realized that Murphy was never the killer. What was even that "you took Chloe's father from her" nonsense? The guy murdered a kid! Everyone is acting like Murphy just ran up and shot him in the face unprovoked. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I really wish that Murphy would at least tell Darnell what really happened with his sister, if for no other reason than seeing his face when he realized that Murphy was never the killer. What was even that "you took Chloe's father from her" nonsense? The guy murdered a kid! Everyone is acting like Murphy just ran up and shot him in the face unprovoked. 

That's the wild part, though. Darnell already knows what happened to his sister and who really killed her! 

He even acknowledged during the trial episode that he knew Murphy didn't kill Nia but she may as well have because everything was her fault. 

• Love 6
On 7/26/2022 at 12:43 PM, PinkRibbons said:

And Max follows his old M.O. to a tee: turning Murphy's friends or lovers against or away from her and then immediately chasing after her himself. Why are we supposed to like this guy again?

Felix is the one I want to smack upside of the head. The boy can't keep his mouth shut for love or money, and a lot of what he says is his opinion rather than a fact. But it's always enough to get Murphy into even more trouble.

• Applause 2
  • Love 4

Goddamit, Murphy. You were doing so well, especially with Leslie and Darnell. MAX IS TRASH AND YOU KNOW IT. Dude, Leslie telling her about him trying to get her back should have had her slam his ass into a wall. I guess when you're convinced you're a garbage person you think you only deserve garbage love interests.

Is this the first episode completely without Felix?

Well Josh, your insane crusade against Murphy got you laid now, it's just the lunatic revenge that keeps on giving. Reasons to live, girls who will sleep with you, someone to take out your fury at being blind out on....

• Fire 1
  • Love 6

I'm surprised Josh doesn't have a wall o' crazy, given how obsessed he is with putting Murphy away. The amount of material he has is absurd, and I'm sure at least 90 percent of it he took from the CPD and shouldn't be holding on to it.

I'm glad we saw Murphy feeding Pretzel, but the dog needs some exercise!

So Paula got it. I loved the little snippet of "(Just Dropped In) to See What Condition I Was In." That was back when Kenny Rogers dabbled in psychedelia.

It was a relief for a change that Murphy didn't barge in somewhere just because she thought she had the better plan. She actually stayed put when Darnell went up to get Lesley.

Murphy and Max have a long overdue conversation; Darnell's paranoia turns into fear when everything starts crumbling.

Airs 8/8.

• Love 4

Josh somehow managed to successfully find a woman who thinks his obsession with sending his ex to jail is charming and not creepy, I guess because she is also dead set on blaming Murphy for everything that has ever gone wrong. I wouldn't be surprised to find a giant murder board on his wall where he tries to prove that Murphy was also behind him going blind somehow. 

Oh Murphy, you were doing so well, being somewhat mature with Leslie, listening to Darnell when he said to wait for him, feeding goodest boi Pretzel, but then she had to mess it all up going back to Max. Especially after Leslie told her about how Max begged her to give him another chance, I know that Murphy uses sex to deal with her issues, but ugh. 

Frustration aside, this was the best episode of the season. The plot moved forward, people mostly didn't act like idiots, Pretzel got much needed screen time, and Paula got hers right in the head. 

• Love 5

I rolled my eyes throughout this episode. I half-expected Max's car to explode when he went out to get the ring, and I'm kind of disappointed it didn't. I'm so tired of all of these people.

I was hoping Mr. Big would be Felix or something like that, not Trey. Zzzz.

Murphy and Darnell come face to face with the source of their problems and Max and Gene get pulled into the mess; as his condition worsens, Josh's bad blood with Murphy gets the best of him.

Airs 8/15. When it comes to Josh, I have a feeling whoever writes these previews doesn't watch the show, LOL.

Edited by dubbel zout
belated typo fix
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I rolled my eyes throughout this episode. I half-expected Max's car to explode when he went out to get the ring, and I'm kind of disappointed it didn't. I'm so tired of all of these people.

God, I wish. This was such a long, boring episode, Max and Murphy are both toxic and they're even more toxic together, I hate that Murphy thinks that she has to keep crawling back to that jackass. 

This season has had some nice musical moments at least. Its the only positive thing I really have to say about this one. It didn't even really piss me off, I was just mind numbingly bored. 

• Love 2

Josh's persistence to bring Murphy down motivates everyone to pull a plan together; Murphy asks Felix for a favor, and Darnell learns some intriguing information bout the team behind Bolt.

Airs 7/22. N.B.: The NYC affiliate is airing this episode on Saturday, August 27, at 7 p.m. I think there's a baseball game or something on Monday that the local CW affiliate is showing.

I was afraid she was going to tell him she killed Nia, just to get him to help with the case, and he was going to have it recorded or something, and use it as a way to get a conviction against her.

When that didn't work, it looked like he was intent on raping her.

His ego is bruised and that's what he really cares about, nothing else. 

The thing is, it's true that she liked him for real. She actually chose him over Max at one point, didn't she? 

• Love 6

Something found in Lesley's house doesn't make it Murphy's, Josh. Especially when you and whatsherface get your fingerprints all over it. I really hope the new chief throws the book at him. 

Three more episodes of this dreck.

• Love 5

Josh is just deranged, I was extremely worried about where things were going between him and Murphy by the end, its clear that he doesn't care about any crimes that Murphy was involved in, he's just mad that his ego was bruised. What a massive creep. I hope he ends the show in jail, maybe with the bartender chick as well if she keeps helping him on his illegal anti-Murphy crusade. 

The lack of Pretzel makes me sad. 

• Fire 1
  • Love 5

This last one was a decent episode, but there's still heavy foreshadowing that Max won't make it out alive. And speaking of not making it out alive, RIP Darnell. You did look good in that tux.

I guess I like the episodes that don't have Josh, and Felix is either elsewhere or has a love interest who's not trying to use him to screw Murphy over. I'm really tired of those episodes where people are trying to make Murphy pay for crimes she didn't commit. And why has it never occurred to Gene to wonder why Murphy's best friend and room mate has gone AWOL? It's been so long now I can't remember if Jess faked her own death or not, but if not....why do they assume the blind chick killed Nia when there were several sighted people who had equal opportunity that night?

• Love 6
3 hours ago, NeenerNeener said:

I'm really tired of those episodes where people are trying to make Murphy pay for crimes she didn't commit.

She doesn't help herself by not saying who actually killed Nia. I know she wants to protect Jess, but is that more important than proving her innocence?

Then there's this:

3 hours ago, NeenerNeener said:

And why has it never occurred to Gene to wonder why Murphy's best friend and room mate has gone AWOL? It's been so long now I can't remember if Jess faked her own death or not, but if not....why do they assume the blind chick killed Nia when there were several sighted people who had equal opportunity that night?

It's kind of hilarious Murphy was charged in the first place. Being blind should have caused reasonable doubt up the wazoo.

• Love 9

Of course Peter Outerbridge is the bad guy. Does he ever play a good one? Hee.

LOL at Felix blackmailing his grandmother. It's nice to see his spine isn't completely missing.

This was kind of a fun episode, I'm shocked to write. There was a certain Ocean's Eleven vibe that worked for me. The jaunty music helped a lot.

Max, how about a backyard big enough for a lemon tree and Pretzel? 

Max and Murphy make plans for the future, and everything seems to be going according to plan at the fundraiser with Murphy and Darnell posing as the unhappy couple; Josh concocts his own plan and inserts himself in the middle of everything.

Airs 8/29.

• Love 1

This was a shockingly decent episode, probably because we had a fun heist instead of batshit crazy Josh and everyone blaming Murphy for every single thing that has ever gone wrong. Felix even got to contribute in a meaningful way. Plus, Pretzel sighting! 

Max seems like he's been a dead man walking since he and Murphy got engaged. RIP Darnell. You looked good in a suit. 

I'll give the show this, they do pick good music. Too bad they rarely give us good writing. 

• Love 3

Not surprised, not particularly sorry. This show has convinced itself that Murphy is an anti-hero and I guess this is supposed to be her poetic punishment? Max was never a good choice for any woman. The man had mommy issues, screwed whoever gave him the best living accommodations, and had no problem conveniently forgetting that he used to launder drug money and was the source of a ton of Murphy's troubles.

I wish this show had even the slightest amount of legal reality, because Josh should be picked up that night on charges of aiding and abetting a homicide (Max) and an attempted homicide (Murphy), not to mention interfering in a police investigation, reckless endangerment, and geez, the list goes on.

I'm pretty sure that if someone dies during the commission of a crime and you were the intentional impetus (by say, telling someone the girl he's with is going to ruin him, thereby leading said guy to attack her and shoot at her, causing a death), you get a piece of the blame. He called McKay on his own phone, they should be able to trace the fateful (recorded on camera!) call immediately.

Also, idiot cops, how did you not have one officer on site with the gang?

• Applause 1
  • Love 5

It was still painful, though. That's the magic of tv/movies/media.

I thought Trey was going to shoot Josh. He's pounding on the door screaming about how he's the police. Did he really expect them to just let him in? without any consequences? But Trey was already gone, to meet Darnell, so Josh got away with that stupidity.

• Love 4

I wish the bullet that got Max has somehow flown its way to Josh's apartment and gotten him, too. His vendetta against Murphy is so much greater than getting a big drug dealer off the streets? UGH. I'm not sure what the show wants us to feel about Josh, to be honest. 

At any rate, next week he's Misery-ed by Murphy et al. For a series finale, that seems very unsatisfying, but who knows. Maybe the show will finally pull a rabbit out of the hat and make an ounce of sense.

Speaking of Max, we knew it was coming so I'm not upset. Besides, as has been mentioned, he's as terrible as the next person on this show. Gene might be the only decent one in the bunch. At least he tries to do the right thing for the right reasons.

• Love 5

Did Gene realize exactly how corrupt Dean was? Not trying to get argumentative, just trying to remember how bad Gene was. I do remember he went along with it, but also, Dean was the senior partner. There was a definite power imbalance there.

At any rate, I feel like Gene has tried since then to clean up the CPD and do right. He's certainly given Josh way too much freedom, but that's a plot point.

• Love 3

In any just and sane universe, Josh would get his ass thrown in jail for this. Reckless endangerment, interfering with a police investigation, corruption, probably a few other things, the guy has to be stopped. Its honestly a bit sad, he went from a nice, put together, successful guy who was dealing with his impending blindness pretty healthily, to this deranged crazy eyed ghoul hiding in his darkened room complete with murder board, obsessing over how to hurt his ex girlfriend, having clearly gone off the deep end. I don't feel bad for him at all, I desperately need him to face the music by the end of the season.

I knew it was coming, but it was sad to see Max die. Max wasn't exactly a good guy and he and Murphy were clearly toxic together, but he didn't deserve to die due to the machinations of Josh, and I feel bad for Murphy. All she wanted to do was get justice for her murdered friend, and its spiraled into this huge traumatizing ordeal, now culminating in the man she loves getting killed. 

I am so glad that next week is the season finale. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7