Forums forums
PRIMETIMER

Door County Cherry

Miss Scarlet and The Duke Anticipation

Ordered by A&E International

Created by Grantchester and The Mallorca Files writer Rachael New, who also showruns, the six-episode series stars Phillips as Eliza Scarlet. When Eliza’s father dies, he leaves her penniless in a time where marriage is her only option for financial security. But the headstrong Eliza is determined to find another way. Luckily, she has an ace up her bonnet – her father’s business – a private detective agency. Eliza knows all the tricks of the trade but as a genteel 19th century lady she’s never been allowed to put them into practice. To operate in this man’s world, she needs a partner. Step forward Detective Inspector William Wellington of Scotland Yard, who is also known as “The Duke;” drinker, gambler and womaniser. Eliza and The Duke strike up a mismatched, fiery relationship that will crackle and smoulder with sexual tension as they team up to solve crime in the murkiest depths of 1880’s London.

It seems that this show is currently airing in Europe. Does anyone know when it will begin to air on PBS Masterpiece in the U.S.?

On 4/4/2019 at 10:21 PM, ouinason said:

19th century Remington Steele!!!!  I'm there!

I've watched the pilot and I'd say Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries is the better point of reference.

I've never heard of this show, but the thread just caught my eye & it sounds interesting. I think I'll give it a try.

• Love 3

On 11/17/2021 at 3:41 PM, GaT said:

I've never heard of this show, but the thread just caught my eye & it sounds interesting. I think I'll give it a try.

It is fun! Welcome.

• Love 2
  • Applause 1