Type keyword(s) to search

Hollywood Medium - General Discussion

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Anyone else following the Hollywood Medium (Tyler Henry)? 

I like him and I believe in him and a few other (but not many) people with psychic abilities. 

Love this show.  Actually saw him live - It was interesting.  I am surprised there isn't a forum.  I swear there used to be.

3 minutes ago, Kroliosis said:

Love this show.  Actually saw him live - It was interesting.  I am surprised there isn't a forum.  I swear there used to be.

There used to be a forum for him before PT reorganized. But I would love to find out about your experience seeing him live. I didn't know he did readings for regular awesome folks like us!  😁

Just now, chenoa333 said:

There used to be a forum for him before PT reorganized. But I would love to find out about your experience seeing him live. I didn't know he did readings for regular awesome folks like us!  😁

I am an awful judge of groups of people, but I would say there were 250.  He was on stage & started off with "life lessons" from the dead & his experiences and stories.  Ya know, tell your loved ones how you feel while here, that kind of stuff.  It was nice.   Then he did readings.  He would point to an area of an audience and say things about a departed relative.  Then people would come up to stage if they had a loved one that fit the category.  It seemed kind of general, but the people who stood up seemed to get a lot of peace from what he said.   I think he read about 5 people.  He seems really genuine and sweet.  Then it was a Q & A from the audience. Maybe an hour each part, so 3 total.  It was cool, probably wouldn't go again.  

• Useful 1

I like how Tyler tries to break potentially embarrassing news to his clients in the most respectful way.  He seems like a truly gentle and caring person.  After high school he was in training to become a hospice nurse.  He would've been great at that given his calming personality.  He comes across that way to me on TV.   He's probably a very reassuring person to talk to face to face.

It must be tough to have this kind of gift with all of the skeptics out there.  It would take some thick skin to tune them all out and focus on what you feel you are called to do. 

Thanks for sharing your story, Kroliosis.  That's cool that you got to see him.  I would guess that most people who have lost a friend or relative probably have some amount of guilt if they felt like they didn't say or do enough while the person was still here, so I can see where any words of comfort to a grieving person would help them tremendously.   My biggest take-away from his TV shows is that most of the stuff that we think is so important here on earth ends up being so insignificant when we die.  It makes me try to focus on the important stuff and not get got up in the daily drama at work, and to not put a lot of emphasis on material things.  It's interesting that some of Tyler's clients have so much guilt about things said and done, but when a loved one comes through, they're not concerned with those things at all!  The dead are telling us to let the nonsense go!  At least that's my take on it.  YMMV!

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, Kroliosis said:

I am an awful judge of groups of people, but I would say there were 250.  He was on stage & started off with "life lessons" from the dead & his experiences and stories.  Ya know, tell your loved ones how you feel while here, that kind of stuff.  It was nice.   Then he did readings.  He would point to an area of an audience and say things about a departed relative.  Then people would come up to stage if they had a loved one that fit the category.  It seemed kind of general, but the people who stood up seemed to get a lot of peace from what he said.   I think he read about 5 people.  He seems really genuine and sweet.  Then it was a Q & A from the audience. Maybe an hour each part, so 3 total.  It was cool, probably wouldn't go again.  

I wouldn't pay to go to a public venue for a reading, but I still have Tyler on my very short list of psychics I trust. I don't like the q&a sessions either. For me it's a waste of time that could be used to read more people at the venue. But thanks for sharing your experience. Did you see him in L.A.?

4 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

t's interesting that some of Tyler's clients have so much guilt about things said and done, but when a loved one comes through, they're not concerned with those things at all!  The dead are telling us to let the nonsense go!  At least that's my take on it.  YMMV!

I agree. So much trivial, petty nonsense here in our lives. 

So I guess I'm gonna have to be the one to call bullshit on YET ANOTHER 'psychic' fraud.

He grew up about 4 hours from Hollywood and surely had access to a tv/radio/the internet yet he claims to not recognize ANY of the celebrities he reads.

FUCK.

YOU.

This twerp is a fraud and E! is doing a huge disservice to humanity by giving him such a huge platform.

On 4/2/2019 at 10:23 PM, KillingAdam said:

So I guess I'm gonna have to be the one to call bullshit on YET ANOTHER 'psychic' fraud.

He grew up about 4 hours from Hollywood and surely had access to a tv/radio/the internet yet he claims to not recognize ANY of the celebrities he reads.

FUCK.

YOU.

This twerp is a fraud and E! is doing a huge disservice to humanity by giving him such a huge platform.

You're definitely not the first person to call bullshit on this psychic medium (or any of the others.) 

Some folks, like me, believe the bible is b.s. too. I don't have proof that psychics or the bible are or aren't true. The only thing I DO know for certain, is that NOBODY knows what happens to us when we die. 

26 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

You're definitely not the first person to call bullshit on this psychic medium (or any of the others.) 

Some folks, like me, believe the bible is b.s. too. I don't have proof that psychics or the bible are or aren't true. The only thing I DO know for certain, is that NOBODY knows what happens to us when we die. 

Actually a LOT of people know what happens to us when we die. Your corpse goes to a medical examiner or a funeral home and may or may not be given an autopsy to determine cause of death. At a funeral home depending on if it's gonna be an open viewing, the mortician will pretty up the corpse (unless you are Emmit Tills mom), you get dressed up and shoved into an overpriced coffin, and a bunch of people get to sit around and talk in painful whispers about you for a few hours. Then you either get shoved into an oven and burned until you are a pile of ashes and bits of bone or get dumped into the ground where your body rots away leaving behind a skeleton. Unless of course you get 'buried' in New Orleans in which case you get entombed above ground, because New Orleans is below sea level.

• LOL 3
On 3/29/2019 at 4:37 PM, chenoa333 said:

I wouldn't pay to go to a public venue for a reading, but I still have Tyler on my very short list of psychics I trust. I don't like the q&a sessions either. For me it's a waste of time that could be used to read more people at the venue. But thanks for sharing your experience. Did you see him in L.A.?

Outside of Cleveland, OH.  And I guess he is coming back soon.  He seems to be doing a nationwide tour.

On 4/16/2019 at 8:48 AM, Kroliosis said:

Outside of Cleveland, OH.  And I guess he is coming back soon.  He seems to be doing a nationwide tour.

I know your post is from 2019 but I just now saw it! Where outside of Cleveland OH did you go to see him? I grew up in Aurora OH. Lived there for 31 years.

Is Hollywood Medium still on the E! network? It seems like it hasn't been on for really long time.

• Love 1
On 2/21/2022 at 9:07 PM, chenoa333 said:

I know your post is from 2019 but I just now saw it! Where outside of Cleveland OH did you go to see him? I grew up in Aurora OH. Lived there for 31 years.

Is Hollywood Medium still on the E! network? It seems like it hasn't been on for really long time.

Yes - I saw him at Northfield Park (not sure that is the name??). It looks like he is doing promotions and that there may be a new show with him coming to Hulu or Netflix. 

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, Kroliosis said:

Yes - I saw him at Northfield Park (not sure that is the name??). It looks like he is doing promotions and that there may be a new show with him coming to Hulu or Netflix. 

Yes he does have a new show premiering tonight on Netflix.. I don't get Netflix so I won't be able to watch.

• Love 1
On 3/13/2022 at 6:59 AM, blondiek237 said:

So excited got tickets to see him in May

Please report back! How much were tickets? And do you live on the West coast? Or?

I'm in California and would love to see him in person. Although I'm not crazy about large venues. Too many people and less chance you'll get a reading.

18 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Please report back! How much were tickets? And do you live on the West coast? Or?

I'm in California and would love to see him in person. Although I'm not crazy about large venues. Too many people and less chance you'll get a reading.

I’m in Massachusetts. The show is May 6th and tickets were $90 but there were cheaper tickets.  This theatre is not huge and I made sure we had decent seats.  I am so looking forward to it.

• Love 1
On 3/12/2022 at 12:54 PM, chenoa333 said:

Yes he does have a new show premiering tonight on Netflix.. I don't get Netflix so I won't be able to watch.

I'm really late to this party, so I just caught up with his latest episodes on Netflix.   We just have a few days left on Netflix, so I had to speed watch the season!  I was mostly interested in the story about his mom's childhood, so I pretty much fast forwarded through most of the readings (with the exception of a few) just to get the details on her.    She had a really sad upbringing.   :( 

Also, you can see the toll that being a Medium is taking on Tyler.  He's had some recent health issues (lung collapsed), but he also talks about how he feels so tired and older than his age, given the images and things he sees.  He reminds of the late Edgar Cayce ("The Sleeping Prophet"), in the sense of how that took a toll on him too.  Tyler said that it's his life mission to help people, so I hope that he will take care of himself first.  He's such a nice young man.  I hate for him to wear himself out.   The Medium that read him said that he needs to really pay attention to his lung issues.  

• Love 2

I did get to binge watch this new season on Netflix.  What a fascinating family history. I'm so glad Netflix and Tyler took a thoughtful turn to include more of Tyler's personal life. Very intriguing.

However, I love his psychic readings more than anything. He's very gifted. And a kind, humble soul.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1