Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
David T. Cole

Extra Hot Great

Wait, is it sad-sackiness?

Did i already guess that? I've honestly listened to the last 3 episodes twice now how is this one sooo harrrrddddddddddd

Edit:
Or, continue to wait, is it "get a tune-up?"

Edited by David Thomas

I'll jump in with no to that guess.  If it helps your re-listening, the recent PTDP was not used in any of the Game Time segments.  I'm also pretty sure without double checking that the same person has said it all 3 times. 

(I hope it's kosher to give hints at this point.)

I feel like Top Chef is one of those shows that uses the most generic possible stock music and thus would be too hard to guess?

On the other hand, despite having the show on DVD, I only got The Lone Gunmen's theme right because I remembered it as hilariously pro-American for a show where the three lead characters were all played by Canadians, so.

I'd have figured "Zombie" would've been a better Cranberries song to lip sync to. A lot more chances to vamp (which, let's face it, is the whole point!)

If it were me, I'd combine lip syncing with some epic air guitar, and go with BTO's "Takin' Care Of Business". And for the big production number, I'd go with "Thriller", complete with zombie dancers.

• Like 2

I was really hoping that Dave would pick the Cobra song from that G.I. episode he made somebody watch, but the Shatner selection is probably the only song that's better.

• Like 1

Just for the record: that version of "I Am What I Am" was from "Queer as Folk UK", but the song itself is originally from the awesome Broadway musical "La Cage Aux Folles".

I'm really disturbed how quickly I recognized the Shatner version of "It Was a Very Good Year."

1. The TV Hunger Games start soon. What character do you field?
  2. Which TV character has the sexiest elbows?
  3. Which TV character you'd most like to see eat fresh dog poop off the sidewalk ala Divine in Pink Flamingoes
  4. What’s the one number that feels the wrongiest as a channel.
  5. Which TV Character would benefit most from ONLY being able to say "I'd like to go to the county fair!”
  6. Which TV character would you’d want Hannibal to cook and serve you and what’s the recipe called?
  • Like 1

I am shocked - SHOCKED, I tell you! - that Tara had never heard 'I Am What I Am' until now. I know you have gay friends, girl.

Don't Stop Me Now is as perfect a lip sync choice as it is a terrible karaoke choice. It would be so much fun.

Edited by helent
  • Like 1

Jessica Williams publicly rejected the DS hosting gig about 2 months ago, saying she was "extremely under-qualified". There was actually a mini-controversy about it when someone from the Billfold accused Williams of having symptoms of Imposter Syndrome in an article (http://thebillfold.com/2015/02/on-the-daily-shows-jessica-williams-the-latest-high-profile-victim-of-impostor-syndrome/) and that calling herself underqualified was nonsense. There was heavy blowback from Williams and much of Twitter, and an apology was immediately added to the end of the article.

• Like 2

Is it "Rags to Riches"?

Ooh DANG. I saw that guess and thought "we'll it's clearly that, game over."

So then is it Daddy's Boy?

Feel like I've heard that phrase a few times.

Jessica Williams publicly rejected the DS hosting gig about 2 months ago, saying she was "extremely under-qualified".

I know; I still think she would have been a better choice than Noah.

• Like 3

Bit harsh on the Corden "Late Late Show". I've been enjoying it, and I thought I'd been reading that CBS was pleased with the numbers? Some of that is spin about social media/Youtube hits, but it's not DOA or anything.

Sarah PLEASE somehow make your I am not a crackpot Center Stage the TV show happen! Use your TV magic. I know you've got the shinning!

• Like 1

You guys are literally the first people to be anything less than sploogetastic on the Daredevil series.  Of course, since Dave didn't like the graphic novels but thinks that the TV series is a faithful rendition of the graphic novels, I can project that I would, in fact, like it as much as the rest of the known universe does.

Hot damn, it's almost wrong how much I enjoy those Face Off recaps, considering that I don't watch the show. Of course, perhaps that helps. But sheesh, those recaps are fun (and adorable).

• Like 4

WHEEEE-YOOOO WHEEEE-YOOOO WHEEEE-YOOOO

Will Holston: Academy Awards Cop

Al Gore isn't an Academy Award winner. Davis Guggenheim, the director of An Inconvenient Truth, is.

Unrelated, just hearing those Kimm Schmidt clips again filled me with joy.

• Like 3

Is the phrase that doesn't pay "Let's just wing it!"?

Also: I really thought whomever got the Talk Show audio round wouldn't keep guessing "The [Name] Show" because--really?! Yet again, Ariano surprises.

• Like 1

Dry Hump(/ing) was in at least two episodes so if it isn't TPTDP it's just really on the brain. :-o

Also:

Damnit?

Okey-dokey?

So gratuitous?

I'm happy to report?

Noses of Noseteros?

WOOOOOO.

I was listening to this episode for a second time, heard the slight pause after Tara dropped that phrase and thought "wait, it can't be that... BUT IT MUST"

I also thought last episode "hmmm... is it dry-humping? No, it can't be."

This is really way too satisfying hahahaha.

Like honestly, how did that get to a 4th episode without anyone noticing before????

• Like 1