Type keyword(s) to search

Extra Hot Great

David T. Cole
  • Start Topic

Very funny, guys. Except, I mean, some of us are not getting any younger and have a strong family history of stroke and dementia and frequently worry that something has gone horribly wrong with our brain.

Nah, kidding, I figured out pretty quickly that you were playing with us. Nice one.

There were two The Wires, which I was totally ok with though they made me teary sitting at my computer.

Even though the NewsRadio episode didn't make it into the canon, it did finally get me to move it to the top of my queue. Now I just have to return the disc of Homeland I have. It may take a while...

I'm not usually a week late, but I wanted to actually finish House of Cards before listening. I'm not a spoiler-phobe, but I actually think it really suffers if you know what's happening, which implies to me that the story's not really strong enough to carry it. I consider it the Sixth Sense rule.

I also started reading Y The Last Man and that really feels like an AMC project waiting to happen.

The rights to that expire in the next few months, so if the current holders don't start production on a movie, BKV and Guerra get it back and could sell it as a TV series.

I just finished reading Libba Bray's The Diviners which is a YA book that takes place in 1920's New York and a group of older teens that have started to develop supernatural powers and are tracking down a ritualistic killer who has come back from the dead. It could be a sort of Buffy meets a better Jazz Age version of Heroes.

Previously.TV’s Official Amazing Race commentator John Ramos returns to discuss the premiere of the show’s latest all-star season, although, as usual, your *star* mileage may vary. (Also your your *all* mileage.) We go around the dial to discuss Downton Abbey, American Idol, Heroes Reborn, and Looking, and share a couple of our Tiny Triumphs. Dave submits S01E02 of Look Around You to The Canon (and thus exposes John and Sarah to it for the very first time). Then we name the week’s winner and loser and battle it out in Game Time. Get to the Pit Stop and enjoy!

• Love 1

How do I listen to the original Extra Hot Great? I'm guessing it was deleted because they wanted to just have this Mark II, but sometimes things are referenced to it, sometimes I feel like the EHG panelists assume everyone is a returning fan from back then, and I just really love listening to EHG and want more full episodes to sink my teeth into! Pop Culture Happy Hour was what I was obsessed with for the past summer and first semester of my sophomore year and now am into EHG because I finished all the PCHH's. But now I finished all the EHGs!

It's not a Mark I vs II at all. It's just a PITA it put back up. Podcasting host plans are priced for as-you-go-along predictable additions. Last I checked to put the backlog up on the service would be +$500 and that was before we finished Mark I's full run.

I don't want to put them on BitTorrent as you can't really put the genie back in the bottle after that.

Sometimes I throw a specific request on Dropbox for someone to download but that's not really practical for the whole run.

I have it mirrored on my office computer, which can handle getting it to a few people once in a while but not to a deluge, so I'd rather not post it publicly. Since this forum doesn't seem to have private messaging, shoot me an email to get the link: my name at gmail.

(Dave, I'm assuming this is okay?)

Actually, I'll just put it here; no need to email me. It's not going to be super-reliable and please don't hit it too hard – it's just the machine that sits on my desk. (On a university internet connection, though, not some crappy home upload line.) If it gets too much traffic I'll take it down. Subject to void without warning, etc etc.

You can:

Wow, I did not know about those fees, that's whack. Thank you so much Dougal! Much appreciated! My brain can't even wrap around the content I have now, I am so pumped! And thank you too Dave, I will def look at that lexicon and ask you guys if needed, that's very helpful! This has been successful!

I think teenaged me would have enjoyed Pretty Little Liars. The show's got its problems, but unlike the teen shows I was watching at the time, it doesn't pit the girls against each other in contrived love triangle situations. It's one of the best shows about female friendship on the air. Plus it doesn't treat its lesbian (main!) character as a token; her relationships are given the same respect as anyone else's on the show (actually, her current relationship is one of the more stable ones).

Teenaged me also would have enjoyed the first season of Glee, maybe the second. But in this alternate reality, the show would have been cancelled after that, because bleh.

I think I would have just sent a whole bunch of Doctor Who merchandise back to my teenaged self, to show him that this show he loved, who's fans got looked down upon and mocked by Trekkies, would triumph and become if not the most popular thing in the world, at least well known.

It's not currently airing, so it's a bit of a cheat, but I would send my teen self Freaks and Geeks. I think it would have helped to know that everyone feels really awkward as a teen, and that the cool people have problems too, and the geeks aren't always great to each other.

(edited)

Ben and Leslie on Parks and Rec. Hell, all the weddings on that show have been great (including Ron's quickie marriage to Diane). They all really fit the characters and they were just awesome. 

Edited by Michele
  • Love 3
(edited)

LA’s Death Storm 2K14 has claimed its first victim: The EHG Mixer power supply. Unfortunately this means we must cancel this week.

BUT let's turn these lemons into lemonade and take this time to call for NONAC submissions!

What's the NONAC you ask?

The NONAC is the evil goateed relative of the Canon. The NONAC is for super terrible episodes of otherwise great TV series. Our first NONAC was Battlestar Galactica's "Black Market" where Apollo is suddenly in love with a prostitute and Bill Duke is there for some reason.

The technical submission guidelines are the same for the Canon: 
http://previously.tv/extra-hot-great/extra-hot-great-information-experience/#guidelines-canon

Think about it and submit those NONAC candidates!

Listen to the BSG Nonac:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1981816/EHG/ehgm-0041-nonac-bsg.mp3

Edited by David T. Cole
Added Nonac Mini