Type keyword(s) to search

Extra Hot Great

David T. Cole
  • Start Topic

42 minutes ago, Sheena said:

Not that it matters to anyone but me who is still sad years later that it's gone and needs a new hobby, but Morena Baccarin's Stargate character was pronounced "Aah-dree-aah the Orr-ih-sigh."

Part of the joy of hearing one's Games on EHG is hearing how Dave will mangle the names!

18 hours ago, Fukui San said:

If you can't find women and minorities funnier and more relevant than Colin Fucking Quinn you aren't looking that hard.

Amen!

Regarding game time, I actually watch Doctor Who pretty regularly and I still wouldn't have gotten Arthur Winters.

Also, I was really surprised/slightly disappointed that no one said "boner" as their outro line. I can't be the only one who thought that was coming (hehe), right?

1 hour ago, April Bloodgate said:

Regarding game time, I actually watch Doctor Who pretty regularly and I still wouldn't have gotten Arthur Winters.

Hell, I wouldn't have got that one and I wrote the quiz! He was only in one episode before being unceremoniously killed. (Amazingly, Sarah correctly guessed it).

Oh man, I LOVE that Pointer Sisters counting song from the end of Game Time! Such great 1970s grooviness, and I'll always love the sweet animation. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUL4T8WcFdA
I can't figure out how Dave and Tara and I have all seen it and Sarah hasn't (or doesn't remember). Maybe Sarah was just a kid who didn't watch Sesame Street regularly, or maybe they only showed this bit in Canada? . . . I'm sure there's another explanation.

28 minutes ago, tita said:

I can't figure out how Dave and Tara and I have all seen it and Sarah hasn't (or doesn't remember). Maybe Sarah was just a kid who didn't watch Sesame Street regularly, or maybe they only showed this bit in Canada? . . . I'm sure there's another explanation.

She said The Electric Company, so I imagine she has seen it but just didn't place it in the right title of the franchise. (Sarah's TV watching was very limited during her childhood.)

3 hours ago, Tara Ariano said:

She said The Electric Company, so I imagine she has seen it but just didn't place it in the right title of the franchise. (Sarah's TV watching was very limited during her childhood.)

She grew up in a hippie commune.

On September 5, 2018 at 12:54 PM, tita said:

Oh, I missed the TEC reference! Gotcha.

Argh, I'd been planning to submit that Gilmore Girls episode for the Nonac myself! I'm so disappointed by the outcome-- that episode is a true stinker! Is there an appellate court I can bring the case to?

@J0nas3 I didn't have that problem.

@deangirl I don't remember meta information about the quiz maker being used this way before! For me it was when Jared Padalecki, who's only ever played two roles, managed to show up twice in one quiz.

@J0nas3 I didn't have that problem.

@deangirl I don't remember meta information about the quiz maker being used this way before! For me it was when Jared Padalecki, who's only ever played two roles, managed to show up twice in one quiz.

Jared's voice has changed so much though between Gilmore Girls and Supernatural. I'll endeavor to be less obvious next time :D

Whenever Merrin Dungey is on Brooklyn 99 as Terry's wife, I really there to be a scene where he says "Terry loves yogurt" and she replies with "Francie doesn't like coffee ice cream".

Excellent!! I'll be thinking it too from now on!

Thank you for the Canon submission! I'm going to be busting out my Alias DVDs when I get home. And I, too, cannot see coffee ice cream without thinking of that scene with fake Francie.

ETA: Also I really miss my "Who's Your Spy Daddy?" shirt and I wish I hadn't gotten rid of it, even though it wouldn't fit me now.

Edited by Kerfuffler

Thank you for that canon submission, Adam Grosswirth. It brought back how much I loved Alias back in the day - it was a deep, deep love that I haven't felt for a TV show since. And what a cast it had! And @Tara Ariano, your recap of the Beard episode is among the funniest recaps I have ever read. You started with this and it just got better from there:

Jack has been fitted with an AWESOME fake beard. It's Beardwiser, King of Beards. Seriously, it is so deliciously big and bushy you could lose a beetle in there and never find it -- never even know it was there. No, a Volkswagen Beetle. And its driver. And the salesman from the VW dealership. You could cut a swatch from this beard, irradiate it, and in forty-eight hours, you'd have grown yourself the fourth member of ZZ Top. This show has had some very talented performers in its supporting cast over the course of its first season and a half, but this beard is my favourite so far. This beard deserves its own Emmy clip. And then, when it gets nominated for an Emmy, the beard should get to ride to the Emmys in a stretch limo with a hot tub in the back, and with Charlize Theron as its date. Best. Beard. EVER.

If anyone hasn't read this masterpiece, go here right now and do it!

2 hours ago, Monty said:

If The Rock has time to star in Ballers (assuming that's a real show and not just Showtime trying to gaslight everyone), surely he could be Magnum PI instead.

lol I always forget he CURRENTLY has a TV show. Great point!

1 hour ago, deangirl said:

That Game Time proves something: they should give up on the notion of spin-offs. I mean for one Frasier, there are hundreds duds.

Yes, but on that basis they should give up on producing TV shows at all. For every successful show, there are dozens of unsuccessful ones. And there are plenty of successful franchises - CSI, Law & Order, NCIS, Flash, Star Trek, to name a few, and having a built in audience will help garner an audience (at least initially).

On 9/26/2018 at 11:56 AM, Fukui San said:

I’ll take this opportunity to put forth my idea of John Cho as Magnum again. 

I love this idea, as I think he can do anything. I pulled up his IMDB to see if he'd done any similar roles and discovered that he's 46. The man looks damn good! I would have guessed 38.

Finding out who Todd plays on YTW put the rest of the podcast into a whole new light for me. :)

I loved both Dave Giuntoli and James Roday thanks to Grimm and Psych respectively, yet I have no desire to watch this. None at all. I even resent it for possibly delaying a future psych movie.

Also, about Gad Elmaleh, my thinking was : what an accomplishment to do it in a foreign language, but it wasn't as "good" as his French stuff. And now that Dave pointed out how he clearly stole Seinfeld's "did you ever notice" schtick that's all I can see now.