Type keyword(s) to search

Extra Hot Great

David T. Cole
  • Start Topic

(edited)

I was so surprised to hear Tara say she doesn't think Jake and Amy on B99 have good chemistry. I love them together. And their proposal scene in episode 4 of this season really sold it for me. Of course, YMMV.  

Edited by April Bloodgate

Tara wasn't totally wrong when she guessed Happy Endings when it was Brooklyn 99 during my game, because Damon Wayans is in the scene with Adam Samberg and Joe Lo Truglio.

27 minutes ago, deangirl said:

Tara wasn't totally wrong when she guessed Happy Endings when it was Brooklyn 99 during my game, because Damon Wayans is in the scene with Adam Samberg and Joe Lo Truglio.

That's funny, because Happy Endings was my guess too, but not for Damon Wayans Jr. I thought I heard Adam Pally in there.

I was so surprised to hear Tara say she doesn't think Jake and Amy on B99 have good chemistry. I love them together. And their proposal scene in episode 4 of this season really sold it for me. Of course, YMMV.  

I agree with you, I love them together, they are not "sizzling" but they are so sweet to each other. The proposal was perfection and I liked that they never broke up once they got together.

3 hours ago, deangirl said:

That's funny, because Happy Endings was my guess too, but not for Damon Wayans Jr. I thought I heard Adam Pally in there.

here's the passage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUVsDOQmC5c

(edited)

Great Canon submission. I needed something relaxing after tonight's The Americans, so just watched Kimmy Does A Puzzle. When Dionne Warwick is stuck in  her dress, she says she was trying to do a quick change 'like at a Katheryn Perry concert' - I can't explain why but that is so good.

Edited by helent
On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 12:34 PM, April Bloodgate said:

As time goes on, I've realized how pointless it is to say a couple have no onscreen chemistry. I don't told like to say it as a statement. It's subjective just like anything else. With Jake and Amy, I do love them together. They get each other. Have fun with one another. They balance each other out. Count me out of the no chemistry pool. I also felt nothing for Rosa and Gina Rodriguez.

Thank you for making me not think i was crazy watching Patrick Melrose. I googled ‘Cumberbatch eats the scenery in PM’ and all that came up was tour de force performance blah blah . I could not disagree more with those assessments. It was over the top as far as I’m concerned and i hated it

So glad to hear someone else mourning the cancellation of The Mick and most likely Champions. I also like LA to Vegas. I love B99 but its cancellation/resurrection definitely sucked up all the oxygen the week of the upfronts.

I think Cagney & Lacey really set the tone for bathroom conversations - they had one every episode, IIRC.  The UK's Scott & Bailey held similar meetings as an homage to the series that it could be said to be a modern update of.

• Love 1

I'm always pleased to hear the ads, because I want ya to getcha coinz so you can keep making podcasts forever. But Miller Light did take me by surprise. You haven't even had a Casper Mattress phase yet!

• Love 1

Wow, so impressed you guys know Diablo Cody and got her on the show! And she was a great guest too.

I feel a kinship with Tara in this episode, as I, too, am the person that worries about things like who's going to clean up the broken glass.

Diablo Cody! Nice pull. But the real gag of the episode was how engaged Dave was with the Bachelorette discussion. . . has he secretly been a citizen of Bachelor Nation this whole time?

• Love 1

It was a little awkward to hear Dave refer pejoratively to Succession (Suc-sesh-in!) as more of a "Showtime Show" in front of Diablo Cody, who created the United States of Tara...for Showtime.

I'm very happy that Dave included a Satan clip from Supernatural! I must admit that my favorite would have been Crowley, the KIng of Hell though (RIP). " No one has been tortured with the torture that I will be torturing you with" Still one of my favorite quote.

(edited)
6 hours ago, deangirl said:

I'm very happy that Dave included a Satan clip from Supernatural! I must admit that my favorite would have been Crowley, the KIng of Hell though (RIP). " No one has been tortured with the torture that I will be torturing you with" Still one of my favorite quote.

One of my favorite Crowley moments! (So many to choose!)
tenor.gif?itemid=5054872

Edited by simmerdonna
correcting link
19 hours ago, Fukui San said:

Point of order! Does a show title only have to have three syllables to be eligible for the "By Mennon" index, or does it also have to rhyme?

Just the same scansion. The Good Wife, yes; The Expanse, no.

• Love 2

Fun fact: Alex Michel graduated from my high school (which at the time had probably 200 people in each class); I think he graduated a few years ahead of my sister or maybe one of my cousins. My sister is 5 years older than I am, so I definitely didn’t know him. I’m not sure my sister did either, but our school was small enough that I think she had friends who were friends with him. I’ve not watched a single episode of the Bachelor, so I know nothing about him, but I think there was a lot of eye-rolled OF COURSE when the show was on.

Dave: "That would be "Gossip Girl'."

Me, on my bike, outloud: "WOW!"

You learn something new everyday: In 40+ years on earth I don't think I have ever heard 'dour' spoken before, and until today would have rhymed it with 'sour' or 'power.'

• Love 1

Dave’s Gossip Girls guess goes down as one of the best/worst ways I’ve had to explain to my co-workers that I’m listening to a podcast in my tiny Bluetooth earbud and that’s why I yelled “NO WAY” and laughed like a loon in my office. 

Hat tip good sir!

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Cekrypton1 said:

You learn something new everyday: In 40+ years on earth I don't think I have ever heard 'dour' spoken before, and until today would have rhymed it with 'sour' or 'power.'

I've always heard it rhyming with "sour" too. 

On 6/14/2018 at 1:40 AM, Sarah D. Bunting said:

I think either is okay.

I was very happy to hear you pronounce it as 'dooer', @Sarah D. Bunting. That's the way I was taught to pronounce it, but more and more these days I hear people saying 'dower', probably because it looks like 'sour'. (BTW, the 'dooer' pronunciation is really fun to say with a Scottish accent!)

• Love 2

Surely the speed with which Hardwick was canceled suggests there have been powerful people wanting to cancel him for a while? I never had strong feelings about him either way, but I somehow find myself pleased this has happened to him, so I guess I must not have ever forgiven him for having chemistry with Jenny McCarthy.

7 hours ago, Stowaway said:

Surely the speed with which Hardwick was canceled suggests there have been powerful people wanting to cancel him for a while? 

There were several people who had previously worked with him who tweeted that they weren't surprised when they read Chloe's story.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, April Bloodgate said:

There were several people who had previously worked with him who tweeted that they weren't surprised when they read Chloe's story.

Yeah, that's exactly what I was wondering. I heard stories about Kevin Spacey being a predatory chickenhawk starting the first day I heard the name Kevin Spacey. I've never heard any rumors about Chris Hardwick, and I didn't know if that's because there weren't any, or because I just hadn't heard them. I'm pretty good at avoiding the parts of the internet where abusers are defended and women are reviled for calling them out, but I've found people in unexpected places defending Chris Hardwick. Why? because he panders to nerds he must be a great guy? Gross.