Type keyword(s) to search

Extra Hot Great

David T. Cole
  • Start Topic

LET THIS SERVE as my official apology to @John Ramos for my ENTIRELY INCORRECT correction of him about Dear White People. Of COURSE it's not set at a historically black college or else THERE WOULD BE NO SHOW. I must have momentarily jumbled it with A Different World and I am shamed. (I realized this mistake on Saturday night and have been waiting for this thread to be generated ever since.)

Next time we play 12 Questions I'm going to change it a bit so that everyone play each round, asking questions in turn. The people who starts the questions changes each time. That'll probably mean a change to the number of questions involved.

It's hard to resist my nerdlinger impulse to "ehrm, ackchyually" whether The Flash counts as a remake, a revival, or a third thing having to do with franchises and spinoffs. So I'll concentrate instead on this thing where Grant Show and Grant Gustin roll around together in a grave. It sounds like a worthy project and I hope someone manages to make it happen.

Ok, I super want Sarah to recap her sobbings and feelings of Call the Midwife.  Tweet it, whatever.  There are definitely characters here who deserve to eat shit tons of bees.  (MEN)  Sarah, random suggestion:  The DVDs are better than the Netflix version.  Netflix is edited slightly.  It doesn't change the course of the episodes, but some sweet stuff is left out.  Chummy forever!

11 hours ago, Stowaway said:

It's hard to resist my nerdlinger impulse to "ehrm, ackchyually"

I'm not going to resist... Jack Lord (Steve Mcgarret) DID appear on the rebooted Hawaii Five-O, despite being dead for nearly two decades (it would still be a remake as he wasn't playing McGarret). Link

I'm also really pleased that I managed to get one (for 2 points, as well!) that the players (Sarah, in this case) can't get at all. (That happens about once a year - though it helps if it's set in SPAACE!)

I loved Foyle's War and watched it so much my family literally cheered the day it went off Netflix.  Then I subjected them to Land Girls and Bomb Girls as revenge.

It's a few weeks old news now but Hulu is now streaming the entire ER series.  POP airs it but they do a weird cycle of a block of seasons over and over and then a new block.  I swear they skipped Season 7 the first time around.  I gave up on them.

On 2/2/2018 at 10:23 AM, Flamingo said:

I loved Foyle's War and watched it so much my family literally cheered the day it went off Netflix.  Then I subjected them to Land Girls and Bomb Girls as revenge.

It's a few weeks old news now but Hulu is now streaming the entire ER series.  POP airs it but they do a weird cycle of a block of seasons over and over and then a new block.  I swear they skipped Season 7 the first time around.  I gave up on them.

They absolutely stopped when Carol left the show the first time around. I was so mad. But then I picked it back up when they came back around to that point and watched through the end, three episodes a day. And like the day before I watched the finale, it showed up on Hulu. Sigh.

I haven't seen much of Altered Carbon yet, but I thought Joel Kinnaman was the best part of The Killing, though that may be just because Linden was such a sad-sack drip in her one ugly gargantuan sweater. Dave's right about his movie career, though. Woof.

22 hours ago, TimeyWimey52 said:

I was completely indifferent to AP Bio. Meh. Didn't laugh, didn't hate it. Probably won't watch...I tried the first 2 eps, unless someone wants to tell me it gets a lot better in the next 2? 

Not markedly so.

On 2/7/2018 at 8:41 PM, Jesse said:

Yeah, same -- I teared up just hearing about it!

On 2/7/2018 at 4:15 PM, Violet Penner said:

Well I think this is the first time I ever cried during EHG!  RIP Mr. Hooper.

Seriously, I'm at work trying to hide from my coworkers the fact I'm crying.  

I was listening to this while taking a walk at lunch and had to sit down at a bus stop to compose myself.  

This episode aired when I was four so this was the first death I ever had to deal with.  It hit me hard and really had an impact on me.  So much so, when my grandfather died a year later, my mom used the conversations we had after Mr. Hooper's death to walk me through the emotions of dealing with Pawpaw's death.  

On 2/7/2018 at 1:15 PM, Violet Penner said:

Well I think this is the first time I ever cried during EHG!  RIP Mr. Hooper.

I've cried from laughing, but this was a whole other thing. I agree with Tara, I'm glad they didn't use any euphemisms, they just said "died." I was also glad they didn't try to say anything like "he's gone to a better place" or some other vaguely religious reference to an afterlife.

Dave's Squarespace voice sounds remarkably like his Gordon Lightfoot voice.

I recently did a full rewatch of Breaking Bad. Not only did Walter demonstrate occasional interest in sex, but on at least one occasion, it was hinted that his attitude toward spousal consent was . . . troubling.   ::shudder::   WW's a strong K for me.  

I was very much Team Bunting during that Nonac vote. I can watch entire episodes of sitcoms I actually like without laughing once (see: The Good Place), but just hearing clips from Arrested Development's worst episode made me laugh several times.