Type keyword(s) to search

Extra Hot Great

David T. Cole
  • Start Topic

So Trixie has said in interviews that her make-up is based on how vintage Barbie dolls were painted. They had to paint the features really large and exaggerated so kids could actually see the faces on these little tiny doll heads. I really like Trixie's make-up because it signals to you right off the bat that this is a queen who doesn't take herself too seriously. But I get that it it's not for everyone.

Is there any control over what ads Panoply puts on your pods? I’m not complaining about their existence, do what you need to do. But, as somebody who’s nearly as much a pinko as Tara, it is pretty damn disconcerting to suddenly be hearing ad copy for Exxon/Mobil, of all places.

Is there any control over what ads Panoply puts on your pods? I’m not complaining about their existence, do what you need to do. But, as somebody who’s nearly as much a pinko as Tara, it is pretty damn disconcerting to suddenly be hearing ad copy for Exxon/Mobil, of all places.

Good question! I had wondered the same thing and then forgot about it. I haven't forgotten Exxon's reckless, criminal actions though!

I was happy to see TTaKS covered, but was nervous about how it would be recieved. A lot of UNHhhh fans have been savage about it, but I think the format will grow on people. 

On 11/15/2017 at 8:17 AM, YoSaffBridge said:

Why is it so damn funny to me when Katya quickly mutters "Don't touch me" at Trixie? I just love it. I would watch these girls do anything.

I love it especially because Katya is the one who touches Trixie most of the time, and will even say, "don't touch me" after SHE touches T and then will touch her again. Hilarious. 

I was so excited to hear Tara discuss 'Rosehaven' - it's amazing. As an Australian, Celia Pacquola is a national treasure. Daniel and Emma's friendship is definitely platonic (4 episodes into season 2 and not even a whiff of this changing).

On 11/22/2017 at 6:21 PM, dusang said:

What is that photo?

That's the Horta (AKA "puke pile") from the original "Star Trek" series. Dave married it.

It may look like a pile of puke but it's a very good parent. So of the three it's probably the best as she would take primary responsibility for the kids, killing all those who get in her way.

"He seems tidy" is as good a reason to marry someone as any. Or that they look like John Denver. John Denver forever!

I am shocked that Kelly Taylor wound up being Tara's "Marry." Waking up next to cat butt mouth and baby voice every day? I'd rather listen to Joey Potter sing "On My Own" every day for the next 50 years.

What's with all the people submitting kids as options? No one wants to participate in that thought experiment.

Kim Reed, when you're done with Miss Beadle's biography, please let us know if it was worth the read!

I'd also be interested in Dave's two minute recaps.  I never even heard of the show until Dave started referencing it on the podcast but I read the episode synopses on Wikipedia and some of those descriptions just have me scratching my head.  

"Hobo turns health inspector when botulism is discovered at a campground." -- how does that even work?

1 hour ago, txhorns79 said:

Tara, I have to ask.  I've heard you discuss your Canadian upbringing on various podcasts, so how is it that your parents ended up in Pakistan? 

My dad is a university registrar and my mom works in HR; they both got recruited to work at the Aga Khan University in Karachi.

My dad is a university registrar and my mom works in HR; they both got recruited to work at the Aga Khan University in Karachi.

That's amazing!  Talk about a culture shock from living in Saskatchewan.  

I love Rosa a lot, but my favorite is when Stephanie Beatriz breaks. She doesn't do it a lot, and she's really good about keeping it hidden, (although it does seem like- maybe because it is so rare - the directors almost go out of their way to make sure to keep it in the shot?).

So, in honor of her restrained breaking, I'd have her replace Jimmy Fallon on SNL. And not just in the skits where he broke, because I think her dancing background would play really well in the Barry Gibbs talk show, and I'd love to see the level on anger she'd bring to Fallon's non-speaking role in the "Wish it Was Christmas Today" sketch.

America's Next Top Model, cycle 4, episode 7, 'The Girl Who Sends Tyra Over the Edge'

aka the episode when Tyra yells at Tiffany

aka the best reality-show meltdown of all time.

Cast: RuPaul as Tyra, Shangela as Tiffany, Courtney Act as Rebecca Epley (the contestant who was eliminated at the same time as Tiffany and had to stand there while Tyra went batshit crazy), Michelle Visage as Janice Dickinson, Ross Matthews as Noted Fashion Photographer Nigel Barker.

'I WAS ROOTING FOR YOU! WE WERE ALL ROOTING FOR YOU!'

I'd go for Lost's "Through the Looking Glass" the first flash-forward. A drunken Chris Hardwick narrates-- with Nick Kroll as Jack, Aurbrey Plaza as Kate, Owen Wilson as Sawyer, Kumail Nanjiani as Sayed and David Cross as John Locke.