Type keyword(s) to search

Extra Hot Great

David T. Cole
  • Start Topic

I love that Designing Women is now in the canon; I could think of several more eps that would be worthy as well.  Just the other day I had to kill a spider, and my mind said "The MAN should have to kill the bugs."!

But then, I'm a DW freak and it torques me no end that every time I turn on the TV there is Golden Girls, sometimes on two or more channels, while DW gets no love at all.

• Love 1

The Designing Women talk was such a great trip down memory lane! I grew up in Poplar Bluff, Missouri, so my sister (who went to high school with Linda Bloodworth-Thomasson) and I watched the show religiously. Fun fact: Charlene's wacky stories were often peppered with the names of actual Poplar Bluffians. 

Edited by Portia
  • Love 1

Re: Will Dave Hate This?

Dave is on record as anti-reality show, so I feel like even putting in that type of show, even with an ancient Rome-premise, is a given. 

As Tara was describing the show, however, I was secretly hoping it was a faux reality show, a la "Kroll Show," because this basically sounds like "Roman Gigolo House."

Too many classic British sitcoms to mention. Are You Being Served?, Keeping Up Appearances, Yes Minister, To The Manor Born, and so forth. In fact, a season of As Time Goes By dealt with how one character's biography got bought by American television, and how Lionel (the author) had to watch the stupid US people mangle it.

There's a Korean drama I have been obsessed with lately called School 2015: Who Are You about teenage identical twins that grew up separately and one is rich the other lives in an orphanage and one goes missing and the other gets amnesia and takes over the life of the other. It's completely insane but I would love to see it here. It's like a cross between Pretty Little Liars, Gossip Girl, and Twin Peaks.

As a Trekkie, I wish I could see Star Trek Discovery, but I don't get Netflix. Sure I'll catch it eventually, though I'm slightly annoyed at already (before this Podcast) being spoiled on the SHOCKING EVENT that happens in the Pilot. I was also wondering why the Klingons looked different (again).

That was a super hard game time, but I was so pleased with the couple I got that the players didn't.

love The Good Place, too!  I'm glad you all watched past episode 4, or at all depending who you are.  I initially binged it during the election, so got way past ep 4 initially.  Having binged it I never had the issues others had that made them stop watching before then.  I never noticed, or it didn't have the same impact in binge format, the issues others had.  (Not that I need to agree with my friends all the time, especially about TV).  I kept thinking "but it's so good".   Maybe more people will watch it all now, too.  I still have no friends AWK that watch.  #fwp

Thank you guys for getting me to watch The Good Place, it's amazing and I couldn't be happier that it's finally on Netflix!

Side note, not to be a jerk but Bones' first name is Temperance or Joy, not Constance.

3 hours ago, Fukui San said:

I'm a bit confused. Were you talking of The Good Place past episode 2 of season 2?  Just wanted to see if you were talking about stuff happening past where I've seen with your magical screener powers.

We didn't end up getting into that many specifics about episodes 3 and 4, but better safe.

4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Great episode! Are you making a move back to Tuesdays or was this a one-off?

One-off.

Just a quick note, but the alphabetical list for "Bones" Brennan, "McDreamy" Shepard, and McNulty was wrong. "Bones" first name is Temperance, not Constance. Her dad on the show calls her "Tempy" all the time, so John was correct in his original listing. It is Derek Shepard, Jimmy McNulty, and then Temperance (not Constance) Brennan.

This is the Tara I most admire: sharp, righteous, and animated by a bit of outrage. She isn't caulking on internet snark. She's dismantling structures.

Btw, I vote for a mini podcast covering three new shows over three separate New Show Fact Sheet pieces/ Quicker and more fun for me to consume.

• Love 1

Assuming you want the case solved, Mars Investigations are a good choice (I would have gone with the title picture character, Gil Grissom - well, presumably Brass would be investigating, Gil would be providing the vital sciency answers).

If I was the murderer, I'd want an incompetent cop - my choice would be Chief Wiggum. Like Inspector Gadget, by himself he wouldn't have a clue about solving anything, you'd just have to hope he doesn't drag along his more competent sidekick with him (Penny or Lisa) who might actually crack the case.

The orville's 3rd episode was really good. It seems to be finding it's footing week by week. It also helps to understand that's it's a earnest homage to star trek and not a galaxy quest type comedy.

Also Dave is by far the hardest but to crack with the canon. Damn. I think he's only given a positive review to the designing women episode in the past two months. His vote doesn't even seem to matter anymore.