Type keyword(s) to search

Extra Hot Great

David T. Cole
  • Start Topic

I have to say, what struck me about the TC clips in the canon is how much they sounded like a radio show. A lot of modern shows these days you can't get the acting just through the clips, but those Three's Company clips sound like a radio play. I assume because 1970's TV was closer to radio as a story medium than today's television.

This was so much fun!  I really wanted to submit a few but was at a bachelorette weekend, but some of my themes were already done, so YAY!  Great minds think alike and all that.  :-D  Also, a first, I think I agreed with a lot of these. 

• Love 2

DIRECTOR'S COMMENTARY

Sorry to get so oblique with the "Vehicles (Cool Cars)" and "Harsh but consistent authority figures (Tough Dads)" categories. I was thinking of this tweet I can't seem to find anymore, but it went something like:

"The Original Series - Life in a cool car
The Next Generation - Life with a cool dad
Deep Space Nine - you live at the airport now"

Anyway, thanks for hanging in there with them.

• Love 1

Dammit,  missed the request for suggestions. I actually posed elsewhere the Trek trio of Horta/Vidiian/Borg, though that's too easy (who wouldn't Fuck the Borg - have you seen them?) so probably a better trio is Horta/Vidiian/Salamander form Paris & Janeway of evolved into.

ETA: I totally went a different way with the Star Wars Holiday Special - definitely agree you marry Malla, but Itchy's old AND has already shot his load, so he's my kill and I'll assume Lumpy is of age (who knows what the age of consent is on Kashyyyk?) so we're... getting down.

But love how seriously Dave took his decisions!

Edited by John Potts
  • Love 1

I wanted so much to submit the MSNBC primetime slate for Tara, but couldn't find time to think of groups for everyone else. So glad someone had the same idea (and that Dave had Tara answer it even though it wasn't hers)!

• Love 2

In all seriousness, that discussion of how terrible the Wookies are made me laugh harder than anything else has in probably the past two years. I don't know that there's really a right answer to that question, but listening to  Dave reason it out was amazing. Thank you all for making that happen.

• Love 2

Just because I point out that there is an actual song titled "Kill Fuck Marry" -- written by Sia, no less -- doesn't mean that I think you folks should stop using the KLF.

I'm not mad about most of your choices, but c'mon, Jeff. Gayle also cooks, but even if she doesn't, you always, always marry her. Plus, if you fuck him just right, Tom will make you a non-matrimonial sandwich anyway.

Edited by Corgi-ears

Great episode!  I didn't realize it wasn't a mini until after I'd gotten ready for work, driven to work, and answered 20 emails, at which point I said to myself, "why is this still on?"  But so happy it wasn't a mini because I laughed so hard the entire time.  And I love that @Tara Ariano and I said, "Oh my gawd," at the exact same time (and I suspect the same eyeroll!) during the sex with robots/Rosie from the Jetsons tangent.  

• Love 1

This episode was so much fun! I joined the collective gasp when Sarah chose to kill Lennie Briscoe. I also loved how seriously Dave took his choices and reasoned them out. I clearly do not watch enough TV because I didn't know who many of the characters were. All the amount of time spent talking about Al Swearengen, I finally had to look it up. (SORRY!) It was still so much fun to hear everyone reasoning and sometimes shocked at each other's answers.

I know she's really rich; but, I would have to kill Oprah. After giving James Frey* a public lashing about his dishonesty in his book, which hurt no one, she allowed Jenny McCarthy and all her anti-vax BS on her show without calling her out. She praised her for ignoring the CDC and going with her "mommy instinct" instead. Then she had those idiots with "The Secret" on, giving them full support of their power of thinking/laws of attraction/everything you want and need you can have if you just believe enough junk. It wasn't until a later show when an audience member said due to her support of "The Secret", she had quit conventional cancer treatments did she say that you don't skip medical care for the laws of attraction or whatever that BS is. *Three years later, she did call and apologize to him but too little too late. I'll get off my soap box now.

• Love 2

Previews in general are a pain - they tend to make my computer freeze so they can tell me about a program I didn't want to watch, which is only heightened by having to watch ads for the damn show!

I've just realised that I forgot to include a Firefly question in my next Game Time submission (I can immediately think of one that would fit, too), though Sarah can look forward to other questions set in SPAAACE! Though I did remember to include a couple of, "How will Dave mangle THIS name!?" questions.[/spoilers]

Edited by John Potts

The only good thing about Smash being in the canon is that it's now officially fair game for nonac submissions. Dave will have had to watch every episode of the show by the time we're done with him!

Dave, YOU KILLED PICARD?! YOU MONSTER! Seriously, though I think you made a big mistake fucking Kirk. He clearly has every STD in the universe, some of which are surely no match for our puny human condoms. Also, he seems like the kind of lay who *thinks* he's fantastic, but is actually really selfish because the mere privilege of being exposed to his dong should be enough for you.

• Love 1

I love Broadway and loved Smash, even with its problems. (Someone once commented on Adam's rewatch posts, I believe, that the two stars should have been cast in each other's roles, and I thought that was a brilliant fix.) Additionally, I had just had a baby and a collection of Smash episodes on the DVR , and watched so much Smash while figuring out nursing. Plus, the music is so great! I was getting sad that we weren't hearing any music in the submission, and OF COURSE, Adam played the big number at the end. I should always have faith in Adam!

Ten minutes into the fourth episode of The Defenders I was like, "Why didn't we just start here?" But then not much happened in the fourth or fifth episodes either. How can an eight-episode show be so flabby? How can the actress who plays Electra be so boring? What a turd.