Type keyword(s) to search

Extra Hot Great

David T. Cole
  • Start Topic

I was thinking you were doing actual monumental figures of television. My line of thought was; Lucille Ball, Norman Lear, Edward R. Murrow, maybe Philo Farnsworth as the Crazy Horse monument since he INVENTED television...but honestly I can't argue with having Bea Arthur or Jerry Orbach memorialized in stone.

I'd like a documentary on why Las Vegas attracts so many serial killers (at least in the CSI-verse). I don't think there was a season without at least one (though the same could probably be said of other crime procedurals, too).

• Love 1

All animated foursome:

Mickey Mouse, Fred Flintstone, Homer Simpson and Turonga Leela.

It would give a sweep of Animated TV from pretty much its start right up to (near) the present day and includes only one white male! 

Speaking of serial killers, we might need a documentary on Dexter Morgan, vigilante serial killer of killers. When for some reason Miami's harbor is dredged and a bunch of plastic bags of people parts/bones turn up, and DNA testing matches them to wanted murderers, you've got a mystery to investigate.

• Love 2

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but... I wholeheartedly agree with Dave on a Canon submission. By Season 6 of The Office, I wanted Pam and Jim to get their snooty, condescending asses right out of Scranton and off my television screen forever (which is a nicer way of saying I wished they would straight-up die in a fire). They were THE WORST and I hated their schmoopy wedding and dumb pregnancy. My hatred for Jim and Pam was especially sad for me because I so cherished Seasons 2-5 of that show (i.e., up to and until Jim and Pam got together and turned into a-holes). But at least I know at least one other misanthrope (hi Dave) sees things the way I do!

I agree with Tara. Retta would be my first choice, followed by Yvette Nicole Brown and maybe Leslie Jones. I think Retta has the best combo of live-tweeting ability, knowledge about the shows she watches, and snark.

On 8/3/2017 at 0:53 PM, eteffi said:

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but... I wholeheartedly agree with Dave on a Canon submission. By Season 6 of The Office, I wanted Pam and Jim to get their snooty, condescending asses right out of Scranton and off my television screen forever (which is a nicer way of saying I wished they would straight-up die in a fire). They were THE WORST and I hated their schmoopy wedding and dumb pregnancy. My hatred for Jim and Pam was especially sad for me because I so cherished Seasons 2-5 of that show (i.e., up to and until Jim and Pam got together and turned into a-holes). But at least I know at least one other misanthrope (hi Dave) sees things the way I do!

Make that a party of three!  I friggin' loved the earlier seasons of The Office,  but this episode marks the point where I started hating it.  

There's a line in the REM song Man on the Moon 'Moses went walking with a staff of wood' which, post reading Brave New World in high school, I mis-heard as 'Moses went walking with Mustapha Mond'. I may have written a somewhat cringey letter to Michael Stipe about how clever the line, which was clearly a request for praise for getting the reference. I may have also included a mix tape. Still, it's only reason I can still name one of the characters of BNW.

Edited by helent

Rock 30. On the eve of entering their fourth decade, a group of Cleveland professionals quit their day jobs and re-form the band they started in high school. Starring Brian Austin Green, James Van Der Beek, and a bunch of other people who are actually in their 40s.

Black Orphan. Antoine didn't just lose his parents in the accident, he also gained some amazing superpowers. Now he fights crime on the streets of Keystone City, in the latest installment of the careening out of control Berlantiverse. Rupert Everett costars as Fagin, the hero's flamboyant arch-nemesis.

Men Mad. Situation comedy in which a group of recently divorced Men's Rights Activists are forced by circumstances to share a home (which they optimistically refer to as "The Compound"). Stephanie Allynne and Tig Notaro costar as the married couple who live next door.

(I was going to do one for Anatomy Greys, about a group of aliens who live and love in Roswell, New Mexico while learning to perform probes on humans. . . but I think that might be the plot of an actual show on TBS?)

4 hours ago, Monty said:

Smart Get, a show in which contestants shop at a flea market and are then told that they made really good purchases.

That show exists - it's called Bargain Hunt. Which gives the possible show:

Hunt Bargain. With an investment of just $50, what is the "best" creature you can bring down? Bonus points if it's human, triple points if it's Arnie!

Buddie's Bosom, A teenaged boy wakes up to find he's been transformed into 80's era Donna Dixon and must try to navigate life as a gorgeous blonde.

Notice Burn: A'la Billy on the Street-- Burn Gorman travels the streets of New York City trying to find everyday pedestrians who recognize him, and name one thing they've seen him in, if they do-- they get a dollar.

I watched Wet Hot American Summer over the weekend, and my reactions were two. 1) If Netflix hadn't been constantly prompting me to continue, I would have forgotten I was watching it, and possibly forgotten that this version had ever even existed. 2) It made me genuinely sad to see so many people I like waste their time on something so uninspired (but I don't know, maybe my medication is just off).

20 minutes ago, OoogleEyes said:

Just the clips. I'm listening through my phone via the PTV website 

WEIRD! Ok, thanks, I'm going to re-encode everything with fresh clips.

Unless you've already finished re-encoding/uploading, it must be phone-based. I'm getting only low-level glitch noises for the clips when listening on my iPhone through Overcast, but the full clips are coming through when I listen on my computer.

Throne of Games Actors Rich Sommer and Wil Wheaton pile all of their collective board games into an Iron Throne shaped jenga structure. Geek celebs would work in teams each week to see who wins the Throne of Games! Hosted by The Rock and never Chris Hardwick.

Recreation and Parks each episode teams compete in an Amazing Race style challenge but involving the US's National Parks. 

High Clone a miniseries re-imagining of the movie Multiplicity but with Doug Benson. 

I tried re-downloading through Overcast and the Three's Company clips still sound like low-level electronic garble on my iPhone. Same when I listen on the site through my phone or with an Android tablet.

FWIW, when I listen on my laptop, the clips seem to be in very wide stereo, like I have one speaker five feet to my left and another five feet to my right, completely unlike the rest of the show.

5 hours ago, David T. Cole said:

The whole segment or the clips? Sounds fine to me but others are reporting this too. How are you listening (which app)? Thanks!

Just the clips. Using PocketCasts on Android 

edit: re-downloading. will report back in a moment o7 

Edited by PatternRec
because Dave messed up the podcast and we have to troubleshoot :P

Aw, what a great canon pitch! I remember reading the memorial on Fametracker when John Ritter passed away, it cited this episode which I hadn't seen before, and it linked to a brief part of the sequence of him dancing, which was so remarkably joyful on top of being so, so funny. It's great to be reminded of it again, and I'm so glad it was deemed canon-worthy.

My Blinds name is Calvin Kelly. I hope I get to be a dancer.

Edited by swimmyfish