Type keyword(s) to search

Charmed in Daytime TV Soap Opera Format?

Asanta

What if Charmed would have been a daytime soap oprea? With drama and comedy.Do you think it would have been successful? In your opinion how many years would it have lasted and what storylines could have been done?

Edited by Asanta

I keep thinking of Passions, that was a soap opera with fantasy and supernatural themes and had a witch in it. That is the show that comes to mind that would be the best to compare to how Charmed could be like, or just how it would perform. 

5 hours ago, nightwing877 said:

I keep thinking of Passions, that was a soap opera with fantasy and supernatural themes and had a witch in it. That is the show that comes to mind that would be the best to compare to how Charmed could be like, or just how it would perform. 

Passions was exceptionally silly, campy and more a satire of the soap genre than an actual soap itself. I think Charmed would have been more like Port Charles. There still would be a strong focus on the Haliwell family and its legacy, the sister's dynamic, but there would be more focus on other witch/warlock families as well. In that sense, I think the show would focus more on how these families have battled and partnered with each other for centuries to protect the world.

(edited)
On 3/31/2019 at 2:32 AM, 4evaQuez said:

Passions was exceptionally silly, campy and more a satire of the soap genre than an actual soap itself. I think Charmed would have been more like Port Charles. There still would be a strong focus on the Haliwell family and its legacy, the sister's dynamic, but there would be more focus on other witch/warlock families as well. In that sense, I think the show would focus more on how these families have battled and partnered with each other for centuries to protect the world.

Yeah but even Charmed got pretty silly and campy as it progressed. I've never seen Port Charles, but I do like that set-up. A more grounded series with less supernatural themes and fewer demons if at all and more on warlocks and witches would be cool. Yeah, I can see that happening. 

Yeah, I think it wouldn't be on just three sisters but a family of witches, so maybe it is about all the Halliwell women. Although for a soap opera, Yeah I don't think it would be focused on just the Halliwell's. Could see it being centered on a feud between two sides, maybe the battle being the charmed ones and the evil charmed ones. I'm sure being a soap opera we'd learn more about Victor's mortal family, and so we'd have to have some non-magicals, but I'm sure Andy and Darryl would cover that side. 

I just haven't seen too many soap opera's that have magic or fantasy themes woven into the show.

Edited by nightwing877

Dark Shadows essentially predates them all.  It debuted in 1966 (originally it was supposed to be a regular soap and somehow supernatural themes were added and it became an enormous hit) and had it all:  witches werewolves, curses, Time travel, and a vampire named Barnabas Collins.  

• Love 1