Type keyword(s) to search

S38.E07: There’s Always a Twist

Lamb18
  • Start Topic

I like Rick and am not mad he’s back.  I really like Chris and would like him back.

But for cod’s sack these people were VOTED OUT.  Can they just be gone already?  I mean I can’t miss you if you don’t GO.  Thank goodness two of them bailed.

Never having to go to Tribal is how we get people like Julie who apparently, six votes in, has no fucking idea how voting works.

• LOL 1
  • Love 22

Well Joe couldn't had played that any worse post challenge.

But maybe he didn't care because he can take his chances on EOE?

Surprised Wentworth got through that without burning her idol.

EOE is giant pile of Meh.  

Edited by vb68
  • Love 13

Wow—I wasn’t expecting it to be Rick!!  Yay for him!!  I also wasn’t expecting that the other five were going to be given another chance—I figured that if they continued Extinction Island, it would be with the people who were eliminated from here on out.

While I wasn’t surprised that Keith decided to end his game, I was surprised that Wendy decided to drop out since she seemed so gung-ho about continuing to play.

So Julie thinks it’s wrong to send someone back to EOE right after they came back from there, and they’re “brutal”?  Honey…this is Survivor.  You’re here to do what you can to get as far as you can in the game.  If you feel someone’s a threat, you don’t care if they spent time at EOE and just came back.  You send them back there as quickly as possible.

Not sure how I feel about a challenge like this on a very windy day.  I mean, part of winning was due to being able to stay balanced on the beam while holding the pole, but you could be doing everything perfectly and lose out to the wind.  Still, kudos to Julie for winning—the minute I heard what the challenge was, I expected Joe to win.

For a moment there, I thought Victoria overplayed her hand by telling Joe that when they talked about taking out a threat in the game, they weren’t just talking about physical threats but strategic ones as well.  Although Kelley made the right call in not playing her idol tonight, she could’ve decided not to take the chance based on that statement.  Although I will say that I found it interesting that after saying they wanted to take out Rick, Kelley, Lauren and Wardog voted for David instead.

• Love 8

Now Joe gets sent to EoI.  Meh.

Sooo, everybody goes back to Extinction, and gets on the jury?  wtf?

Nice job Keith!

You screwed Chris and then you bailed like a spoiled brat, with fellow brat Wendy.

I'm loving suburban Julie.  Unknown fan.

I would have taken out WW, let Joe fish for awhile.  You have time and numbers.  Warthog or Devins are easy alternates if he gets immunity.

The whole EoI just screws the dynamics of the game.  Voted off should be voted off.

• Love 12

I’m not liking this continuous EOE twist. When some one is voted out it’s like no, not really they could come back. Then these voted off people get to be on the jury too. So at the end are there going to be a lot of people on the jury?  I rolled my eyes so hard I got a headache when Jeff announced the losers of the first challenge were still in the game. Come on! 

• Love 8
Just now, vb68 said:

Well Joe couldn't had played that any worse post challenge.

But maybe he didn't care because he can take his chances on EOE?

Surprised Wentworth got through that without burning her idol. 

EOE is giant pile oh Meh.  

I was stunned that an idol didn't come out.  I think Joe knew his time was up.  Kama made it clear day 1 how they felt about him and Aubry.  It's too bad the rest of the misfts split their votes.  I was happy to see Rick, but not sure he's got room to talk since he did get voted out once and was a target tonight (and was gifted an idol so the EOE isn't a total bust).  

1 minute ago, Rachel RSL said:

UGH! Screw this ridiculous season! It’s the freaking merge and we haven’t gotten rid of anybody. Whoever came up with the concept of Extinction Island should be publicly flogged. If Probst tells us at the reunion that his “people on the street” keep telling him what a great season it was, I hope somebody punches him in the throat.

All the comp wins and strategy just seem kind of pointless now. How are we supposed to be invested in anything that happens when we know that nobody is going anywhere? And Reem, Chris and Aubrey are on the jury? But not back in the actual game? Did Keith and Wendy choose not to be on the jury? WTF? I’m so confused.

Don't forget Probst loved Caramoan.  I'm wondering if this is why Lynn Spielman got fired from casting.  

Here's an idea-since they're all about returning players and letting people back in, let's bring back the DvsG cast.  I miss that season more and more every week.  It's not even the twist for me, but the cast this season is just bad.

• Love 7

Well, Joe is appropriating Aubry's theme of the Phoenix. 

The chickens should win Sole Survivor.

I was really cheering for Kelley the last time she played because she played with such joy, but now I don't see that joy, I just see a lot of sourness.

Jeff certainly was the Edge of Extinction's bad luck charm. Whenever he said someone's name during the EOE return challenge, they would drop their ball.

Keith and Wendy's departure music reminded me of Lord of the Rings when someone goes off in a boat to the afterlife.

P.S. Run, chickens, run!

• LOL 5
  • Love 16

So does Rick's idol count as one idol?  Or is it a super duper power idol that can save whoever he wants, whenever he wants (seriously, this show just seems to make up the rules as it goes along anymore).

That was a pretty undramatic mast raise at EOE.  I figured the first quits would be given more fanfare.  It really sucks that Wendy and Keith missed out on the jury by a few days.  I wonder if they knew? 

Why can’t one of those huge gusts of wind take a challenge projectile and launch it right at Probst’s big mouth?

As the tribes walked in and everyone saw Wendy was gone, Jeff said “Wardog, that was like a celebration.”  Probst and I have different definitions of celebration apparently.

That EOE return challenge was a nail biter.  I don’t know what I enjoyed more, that or the look of dread on the current castaways faces.

I like everyone on EOE more than those left in the game, so I’m glad they all got a second chance (Reem included).  I’d rather focus on them every week than those still in the game (yeah, this cast has me uninspired). 

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 16
1 minute ago, Straycat80 said:

I’m not liking this continuous EOE twist. When some one is voted out it’s like no, not really they could come back.

Can you imagine if Reem wins the next EOE challenge and re-enters the game right at the end?  That would be something.

• Love 6

This is going to be a long season if everyone can come back. This is episode 7 and there are at least 6 people that I don’t know their names and is it Devin or Rick - it’s not making it any easier when several people have more than name.

• Love 16
8 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

UGH! Screw this ridiculous season! It’s the freaking merge and we haven’t gotten rid of anybody. Whoever came up with the concept of Extinction Island should be publicly flogged. If Probst tells us at the reunion that his “people on the street” keep telling him what a great season it was, I hope somebody punches him in the throat.

All the comp wins and strategy just seem kind of pointless now. How are we supposed to be invested in anything that happens when we know that nobody is going anywhere? And Reem, Chris and Aubrey are on the jury? But not back in the actual game? Did Keith and Wendy choose not to be on the jury? WTF? I’m so confused.

Liked 1000  🙂

• Love 2

I'm not usually a "yeah! jury! you have to earn it!" person, but seeing pre-merge boots come in as the "jury" really annoyed me. So, they were voted out pre-merge, and yet they have the chance to sit in on tribal dynamics and get insight into the players still playing? How is that fair? At least Redemption Island was just a glorified Gladiator arena.

Edge of Extinction should not be failing upwards, and yet, I feel like that's exactly what it is.

• Love 16
6 minutes ago, Caseysgirl said:

his is episode 7 and there are at least 6 people that I don’t know their names and is it Devin or Rick - it’s not making it any easier when several people have more than name.

The show is making that complicated. They can't make up their their mind.  He's labeled as "Rick", but Probst has taken to calling him Devins. I heard some other players finally going with that this episode, but almost everyone else calls him Rick. 

I really do think Joe kinda chose to give up and just take his chances on the Extinction challenge. He's better than even money to win it.

Edited by vb68
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
11 minutes ago, wallflower75 said:

So Julie thinks it’s wrong to send someone back to EOE right after they came back from there, and they’re “brutal”?  Honey…this is Survivor. 

I think she may be posturing for tonight's vote while saving an easy target for later.

• Love 6
Just now, PaperTree said:

I think she may be posturing for tonight's vote while saving an easy target for later.

Definitely. Just like I don't believe that Victoria thins it would be "evil" to do that either. lol

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

All the comp wins and strategy just seem kind of pointless now. How are we supposed to be invested in anything that happens when we know that nobody is going anywhere? And Reem, Chris and Aubrey are on the jury? But not back in the actual game? Did Keith and Wendy choose not to be on the jury? And if they’re on the jury, why do they still have to live on EI? WTF? I’m so confused.

Jeff said Chris Aubry and Reem chose to stay on EOE and fight for another shot. Meaning Keith and Wendy are officially out 

• Love 2

So far I like this season OK, but there isn't anyone I'm super cheering for or super against, except maybe Wardog Peacekitty. I suppose I like David the best. I think if Lauren wasn't attached to Kelley I'd like her pretty well. 

• Love 4

My impression is that they are calling Extinction Tribe the jury, but in reality, they are still in the game. At some point the “jury” will compete to get back in. Returning player will know all the dirty secrets and will be able to re-enter as a full player. 

• Love 13

I realized that somewhere tonight Fishbach was screaming at his TV and asking why he couldn't play with the people who wanted to vote the Golden Boy out-and followed through.

Something about Joe, what little we saw of him, felt off this season.  I don't think he was enjoying himself as much.

• Love 18

Now I regret complaining that we hadn't seen some of these people. Ron and Victoria are smug and unpleasant. Hope their plans implode and they get voted out before the former hapless loser team. 

There's an Eric?

I like the woman who won immunity (Julie or Julia?) however voting out Rick again isn't evil.  Does she not realize that someone has to go every week?

I cannot believe they are still sending bootees to EoE island. So no one really leaves the game until they do so voluntarily?  Is this show going to last through summer?  Will we ever be done with Reem?

• LOL 4
  • Love 12
Just now, LadyChatts said:

I realized that somewhere tonight Fishbach was screaming at his TV and asking why he couldn't play with the people who wanted to vote the Golden Boy out-and followed through.

Something about Joe, what little we saw of him, felt off this season.  I don't think he was enjoying himself as much.

Completely agree.  I think once Aubry left he almost seemed resigned to leaving and I think that just ruined any enjoyment he had.  For awhile, pre-merge, he seemed like the Joe of old, but the last several episodes it was like Joe-lite.  I kind of enjoyed his little comment as he left - it seemed as though he had a chip on his shoulder.  I liked it. 

• Love 3

What I find humorous about the Kama 6 and thinking they're good at the game, is that they've had luck on their side from the beginning.  They had Joe, which let them win, they remained intact thanks to one of the weirdest tribe swaps ever, and now they are at the merge (almost) intact.  Without Joe it probably would have been a little more even.  And it's not like Joe was totally blindsided tonight.  He openly said he knew where he stood.  

I hope the others band together and take the Kama's down a few pegs.  I don't know who I want out more from that group.  I think I might actually be rooting for Wardog, Wentworth, and Lauren after tonight!

• Love 13

I've been a Reem hater since day one when she was ordering people to drink water, but I suddenly realized I was rooting for her to win the challenge tonight.  Her crazy, cartoon-villain, feisty self has somehow won me over.

Not so with Joe.  He was smug and over-confident that he had nothing to worry about before tribal, and he walked off, smug and over-confident about getting back in.

• Love 8

This community can be strange sometimes. It seems all through the pre-merge people were complaining that nobody is voting out the returness. Now two weeks in a row the Kama tribe has voted two returnees and people are complaining about that and hoping the Kamas get voted out. lol

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

So tonight I learned that an Eric and a Ron are on Survivor this season. I actually rewound at one point to confirm that Ron was in fact wearing a tie. 

I'm easily bored and like surprises so I'm totally happy with EOE. I'm assuming it's a one-season-only event. I like the way it keeps throwing everyone including the viewers off balance.

Personally, I was surprised they all wanted to go back to Purgatory, then surprised again when Wendy and Keith raised the mast but Reem didn't. She's been there now for literally weeks. 

I imagine they had very mixed feelings on seeing Joe. He'll probably be good for morale, but then they have to fight him to get back in. Good luck with that. (If it's a Best Hair contest, they won't have a chance against him.) 

• LOL 4
  • Love 10

It helps when I like the newbies lol  The Kama tribe I do not.  I'm all for them voting out returning players, as other seasons failed to do and got star struck.  At the same time, I don't know what Kama is so confident about because this game was handed to them on a silver platter in the beginning.  It would have been moronic to keep Joe BUT why not try and blindside someone else?  Obviously Kama 6 is going to have an unpleasant surprise when Wentworth and Lauren do a double idol play and save themselves (and hopefully send one of them packing).  Again, I was shocked that Wentworth didn't play her idol tonight, but with Joe gone, I'm guessing it won't be long.  Does Kama 6 just think they'll stay strong until the end, and band together to get Joe out?  I think his immunity record speaks for itself, and if he does come back, he may be very tough to get rid of a second time.  

I think I missed this, but why did they split the votes for David and Rick?  Kelley and Lauren knew that they have 2 idols, so the odds of David and Rick having them are pretty slim.  I'm also curious who David and Rick voted for tonight, because David seemed surprised to see Joe's name.  Did Julie tell Rick she wasn't telling him but that it just wasn't him?  Again, not sure that's a way to gain trust.  He goes with people who want him out, or risk people who won't tell him what they're planning.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, LadyChatts said:

It helps when I like the newbies lol  The Kama tribe I do not.  I'm all for them voting out returning players, as other seasons failed to do and got star struck.  At the same time, I don't know what Kama is so confident about because this game was handed to them on a silver platter in the beginning.  It would have been moronic to keep Joe BUT why not try and blindside someone else?  Obviously Kama 6 is going to have an unpleasant surprise when Wentworth and Lauren do a double idol play and save themselves (and hopefully send one of them packing).  Again, I was shocked that Wentworth didn't play her idol tonight, but with Joe gone, I'm guessing it won't be long.  

I think I missed this, but why did they split the votes for David and Rick?  Kelley and Lauren knew that they have 2 idols, so the odds of David and Rick having them are pretty slim.  I'm also curious who David and Rick voted for tonight, because David seemed surprised to see Joe's name.  Did Julie tell Rick she wasn't telling him but that it just wasn't him?  Again, not sure that's a way to gain trust.  He goes with people who want him out, or risk people who won't tell him what they're planning.  

David & Devins voted for Kelley. Lauren, Wardog & Kelley voted for Devins. Joe & Auroa voted for David. The Kama 6 voted for Joe.

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

It helps when I like the newbies lol  The Kama tribe I do not.  I'm all for them voting out returning players, as other seasons failed to do and got star struck.  At the same time, I don't know what Kama is so confident about because this game was handed to them on a silver platter in the beginning.  It would have been moronic to keep Joe BUT why not try and blindside someone else?  Obviously Kama 6 is going to have an unpleasant surprise when Wentworth and Lauren do a double idol play and save themselves (and hopefully send one of them packing).  Again, I was shocked that Wentworth didn't play her idol tonight, but with Joe gone, I'm guessing it won't be long.  

I like very few of the newbies this time out (and Chris is on Extinction).  So, that pretty much leaves me with Rick and Lauren as the only newbies I like still in the game.

1 minute ago, EllipticalAddicted said:

Merge already?

Cast members whose names I know at this point (last season I knew every name by episode 2...and that was without cheating and looking online):

Joe

Kelly

Aubrey

Wardog - lose the hat, it makes you look stupid.

He doesn’t need the hat to look stupid...

• LOL 6
  • Love 9

Ron has the worst poker face ever. He's like Mr. Facial Over-Reactions. But at least I might remember his name now? I still had several "Wait. There's a _____ ?" moments tonight.

I felt bad that it seemed that Wendy could have won her way back if it wasn't that particular challenge. She was really battling her tics to keep that ball on the track and thereby had a much more difficult time with that than others. Kinda sucked. I'm not surprised Keith bailed, but was a little surprised about Wendy, maybe she just realized the game's stress factors weren't worth it.

I can't believe we STILL have to deal with Reem. WTF. It should have started over from Joe on. Letting people that were voted out just keep on keeping on? Not cool. Also the person voted out first is on the Jury now? What in the fuckity fuck is up with that?? This season is on my nerves.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 21
51 minutes ago, wallflower75 said:

I was surprised that Wendy decided to drop out since she seemed so gung-ho about continuing to play.

Maybe the two leavers decided that they were missing the vacation of a lifetime on someone else's dime and it was time to party.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 10

My favorite newbies this season are Victoria and Lauren.  I enjoy the Warthog for what he is I find him entertaining but delusional.  I am starting to like Julie a lot after tonight. After that none of the other newbies really stand out to me.  Rick is ok I guess. Ron is annoying.  I wish we heard more from Aurora but poor woman seems to be getting Chelsea-d this season.

Oh and I love Reem. She is the only thing that is keeping me entertained when we visit extinction island.

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, LanceM said:

I wish we heard more from Aurora but poor woman seems to be getting Chelsea-d this season.

Aurora seemed to be Joe's only newbie ally, so she's probably off to EoI soon.

3 minutes ago, enoughcats said:

Maybe the two leavers decided that they were missing the vacation of a lifetime on someone else's dime and it was time to party.  

Yup. Why torture yourself when you don’t think  you have a chance when you could be eating well and sleeping better. Keith has not performed well in any challenge and had no shot of winning his way back in.  Wendy is kind of not into the game. She is too laid back for the game and decided to take off. 

So are the people who are voted out who don’t go to EoE, if anyone doesn’t go, still on the Jury or is it only EoE people? Because this jury is going to be huge. 

Joe is awfully cocky going to EoE. He is a good competitor but he did just lose a challenge. Then again, they were stupid to vote him out right now. They voted out their main food source when they know he can play his way back in. He is not gone from the game. 

The sucky tribe showed why they sucked. Not one of them threw a vote on a Kama person. Stupid. 

I don’t like this season. I am more interested in the EoE folks then I am about the people in the main game. So freaking useless.

• Love 5

From what little we saw of Aurora, I liked her, especially since I wasn't expecting to pre-show.  If she banded together with OldManu, they would be 6/6 with Kama.  However, not exactly sure that David and Rick will want to work with their former tribe members after they voted for them tonight.  At the same time, they'd be crazy to go with Kama 6 because that group doesn't seem like it's breaking up.  Next week will probably be telling as to how the rest of the merge is gonna go.

Victoria isn't my favorite but something about her I find intriguing.  I don't like her, but don't outright dislike her either.  I can't quite figure her out.  Is she really that good at this game?  Is she just lucky?  She sometimes seems flighty to me and not observant, but I can't tell if it's an act or what.  I do think she's a dark horse to win.  I'm surprised we didn't see more of Eric/Gavin tonight other than 'yeah we made the merge' and 'still Kama strong, right?'  I don't like Ron, but other than that, I don't know much about the Kama newbies.  Or even Lauren.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

So everybody else voted Joe, with old Manu eating their own.  Brilliant!

I've never been rooting so hard for the Adam Klein honorary "90% of Survivor winners are in the majority at the first vote at the merge" statistic to be wrong.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Victoria isn't my favorite but something about her I find intriguing. 

The way she led Aubry down the path to EoI with an extra vote and an idol in her bag was very intriguing 🙂  

• LOL 1
  • Love 6