Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E17: Move a Wall

doLLish
  • Start Topic

Tensions run high between Casey and Herrmann after the firehouse responds to an apartment complex fire; after discovering something extremely suspicious during the call, Kidd and Severide do some investigating and get CPD on the case.

Edited by doLLish

Why did they all start complaining about renewing their CPR certifications? It's your job.

Did Hermann clear it with the chief to have Cindy redesign? Chief was ready to wrap up the meeting when he raised his hand. 

Hermann has been a fuck up lately, with his kid (a few episodes back) and now with Cindy. 

Chicago has some of the most inconsiderate drivers. That black SUV ran a stop sign and went over the hose. Of course, no police to direct traffic. A now the other SUV T-bones the truck.

I don't mind Casey snapping once in a while but he didn't need to act like a dick to Hermann rest of the shift. Where was that "fire" from him at the cops who didn't find the guy with the gun last episode?

Shouldn't Casey already know about the nearest hydrant being blocked in Hermann's report? Did Ritter have to tell him?

Does the chief give Casey and Kelly their props when those two moonlight as detectives?

Nuevavillegas! Klinginpill! Who's selecting the names for this show? I saw pain in Taylor's face trying to pronounce it.

Kidd and Kelly PI. They put Haily to shame (she put in minimal effort). At least she's paying for their drinks (although Stella can get it for free).

Where's Dawson to adopt these kids?

Oh boy! Has the Kelly/Kidd flame been rekindled?

That may have been the slowest attempt to stab a person in TV history!

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 6

Why does Neuvavillegas need 2 homes? Does that and the 2 last names allow him more kids? Confused.

Also, I was confused about Casey being all butt hurt forever. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, rhys said:

Why does Neuvavillegas need 2 homes? Does that and the 2 last names allow him more kids? Confused.

Also, I was confused about Casey being all butt hurt forever. 

It’s been so long I forgot what he was so mad about.

• Love 4

I... do not get what the deal with Cindy was in the end? (Other than the Classic Herrmann "Doesn't Everyone Love My Dumbass "Career" Ideas" Syndrome she's rocking.🙄) Even if she was using the firehouse as a blank canvas to decorate just for the photo shoot, it was f'ing HIDEOUS and INAPPROPRIATE. And then why did she interview everyone for something she never meant to keep?  It was terrible, woman! Your husband broke it to you as gently as possible. 

And why she thought Herrmann either had the authority or capability to actually arrange anything is beyond me. She should have been talking to the Chief herself to negotiate the use of the space and get approval for a photo shoot long before the day of. 

• Love 10

Casey was right about the engine placement.  They lost at least 50-75' of hose line just crossing the street.  It would have been more appropriate park next to the structure (safety permitting) and stretch a supply line back to the hydrant.  Bonus points for upending the idiot in the SUV.  However, chief officers should always live by the maxim "Praise publicly, discipline privately."  At least Hermann apologized.

4 hours ago, rhys said:

Confused.

As am I, a bit.  Where did the secret room exist? You put a hole in the wall and build the room, it juts out into the adjacent room, and is very obvious.

I can already see the case against Nuevavillian collapse when his attorney raises the question of illegal search and seizure with the mail.

4 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Where's Dawson to adopt these kids?

Don't you dare.

As for the second incident, apparently E-51 doesn't carry any water after the first 30 minutes of the episode.  Fire extinguishers indeed.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

Don't you dare.

Forgive me. I momentarily lost control of my damn mind.

She can adopt them during a commercial break on another network.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Why is it that there are no other police officers in town but Intelligence? Surely the CFD has run into the cops in their area before. Intelligence has no drug dealers, murderers, or other cops to investigate? They really have time for this? 

Not that I am not glad that Stella went with her gut, but why not a uniform or detective in their sector? Chicago Med does the same thing. It just chaps my butt. Rant over. Thank you. 

• Love 2

I didn't understand this story either. How was this guy scamming the foster system? He appeared to have just two foster kids. Why were they hidden in a wall? How does that make him more money? 

• Love 2

I was wondering if Casey would find out that Brett had broken up but maybe in this episode its good he didn't because he would have yelled at her and told her it was her fault or something like that with the way Casey was acting. 

I think the only reason Ritter told him was because he wanted to make sure Casey knew the reason why the hose was across the street since Casey was being a butt about it. If Casey did read the report, I would think he would have seen that mentioned. 

Herrmann is an idiot and really does not listen but we all knew that. 

Why did Herrman apologize about not using the blocked hydrant? I don't understand that part at all. 

I liked Boden in this episode though. 

• Love 1

My father in law was a fireman in the seventies in Brownsville and when a car was blocking the hydrant they would break the freaking windows of the car and run the hose through it to put out a fire. That is what Herman should have done. Screw the asshole who parked in front of the pump.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Waterston Fan said:

Why did Herrman apologize about not using the blocked hydrant? I don't understand that part at all. 

I didn't watch it closely enough to tell, but I figure that, although the cars blocked easy access to the hydrant, it was still usable if they did a bit of work to hook up.  That would have mitigated the hose stretch across the road.  Not worth a rewatch to me.

Edited by Dowel Jones

I saw the car window smashing, hose through the window space thing  in Manhattan in the 1980’s. It was to some fancy sports car. I was a teen and delighted at an asshole Parker getting such instant karma.

Edited by NYCFree
  • LOL 1
15 hours ago, Reality police said:

Why is it that there are no other police officers in town but Intelligence? Surely the CFD has run into the cops in their area before. Intelligence has no drug dealers, murderers, or other cops to investigate? They really have time for this? 

Not that I am not glad that Stella went with her gut, but why not a uniform or detective in their sector? Chicago Med does the same thing. It just chaps my butt. Rant over. Thank you. 

But Intelligence are the only competent cops in Chicago.

I guess they thought Fire viewers might be missing seeing St Gabby so they bought over sanctimonious sally from PD to try and fill the void.

She is annoying enough of PD, I didn't need to see her on Fire. 

The Interior Design story was beyond stupid....I think it actually was stupider than the hamster storyline & I did not think that was possible.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Guildford said:

The Interior Design story was beyond stupid....I think it actually was stupider than the hamster storyline & I did not think that was possible.

↑↑ THIS ↑↑

• Love 7

Aren’t there any fire houses in or near the Loop? 51 is on the other side of town and yet they’re always called to fires/accidents on Michigan or Wacker. From the cityscape scenes when they’re standing outside the fire house, it Would take them 20+ minutes to get downtown! I mean, it’s fun to see familiar streets and all, but could they maybe find a fire somewhere closer?

• Love 2

There probably are other firehouses, but the show has made it pretty clear that just as Intelligence are the only competent cops, 51 is the only good firehouse.  Everyone else in the CFD is a slacker or a crook, or both.

It was weird to see Herrmann being the rational one - usually they bring Cindy in to be the voice of reason to Herrmann's insanity.  Herrmann totally deserves to be in the doghouse though - he should have handled the whole situation better.

There's an evil part of me that wants to see Kidd try to adopt the kids, and then we can have a repeat of the Dawson/Casey storyline with Kidd/Severide.  I almost wouldn't put it past this show at this point.

• Love 1

What was the point of starting the show with Brett being woken up by Cruz and Otis where they went over their social schedule. None of them did anything this episode.

On 3/28/2019 at 12:53 PM, iMonrey said:

I didn't understand this story either. How was this guy scamming the foster system? He appeared to have just two foster kids. Why were they hidden in a wall? How does that make him more money? 

Ok i was wondering about this scam. How is it something you can get away with for years, to the point where you can have 2 hidden room wall houses. Don't the kids eventually get old enough where they age out and tell someone.

On March 28, 2019 at 2:42 AM, CoyoteBlue said:

I... do not get what the deal with Cindy was in the end? (Other than the Classic Herrmann "Doesn't Everyone Love My Dumbass "Career" Ideas" Syndrome she's rocking.🙄) Even if she was using the firehouse as a blank canvas to decorate just for the photo shoot, it was f'ing HIDEOUS and INAPPROPRIATE. And then why did she interview everyone for something she never meant to keep?  It was terrible, woman! Your husband broke it to you as gently as possible.

I didn't get that either. She's been portrayed over the years as a pretty in-touch firehouse mom, she'd know better than draping the place in gauze and curios. And yeah, if it were just for the article, there was no point in asking for everybody's input and then the big secretive reveal.

Usually I enjoy it when she gets involved, but this storyline didn't paint anyone in a pleasant light.

Edited by Emma9
  • Love 5
On 3/28/2019 at 2:42 AM, CoyoteBlue said:

And why she thought Herrmann either had the authority or capability to actually arrange anything is beyond me. She should have been talking to the Chief herself to negotiate the use of the space and get approval for a photo shoot long before the day of. 

Well put.  Thought that this was one of their dumbest episodes ever!!

• Love 3
On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 11:42 PM, CoyoteBlue said:

And even if was intended to be temporary, it will be forever immortalized in the magazine/online/on the walls of all the other Chicago firehouses.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 3/28/2019 at 12:53 PM, iMonrey said:

Plus, I don't really understand how you can build secret rooms in a small apartment. And social services does come visit; where would the guy claim the kids we're? Did they have an actual real bedroom as well?

As for Cindy, when she first brought up the redecorating idea, I thought she meant a new coat of paint and a few throw pillows, not changing the furniture. Even if it was only rented, who was paying for all that? And yes, why ask for everyone's input if it was only temporary? SO stupid!!

• Love 1