Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E13: Kelly's Story LIVE CHAT

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

This is a LIVE CHAT thread.  No spoilers or outside reports.  Let's watch the show and snark!

• Start Topic

This is the scene from the previews, with Dr. Now pulling her.     Cardiac arrest !!!    Did they try putting the front seats further up too?   I don't blame her for panicking, but she's making it worse.    This is super scary.   I'm hoping he keeps her in the hospital to lose at least 100 lbs., and her friend should go get her clothes from her home, and Kelly should stay in Houston.  

Dr. Now is a freaking saint, and so are those police officers, and firemen, and the helpers at the hospital.      Tell me that Dr. Now doing the narration isn't a hint.    I'm scared now.    

• Love 4
Just now, DC Gal in VA said:

Wait a minute, did Dr. Now say that an ambulance won't transport her because she's over 700 pounds!? What about James K, Sean, and others?

Those were scheduled ambulances specially equipped for heavy people. They just called 911 so they got a “regular” ambulance

• Useful 4
  • Love 3

Why was the ER staff not out in the parking lot helping her into the ER? I worked in an ER as a nurse and we had a patient that had hit a deer with his car one time. The deer was on his lap. We had to go out there and get the deer out and the patient.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Hellga said:

I hope her giving up and just being a blob is due to her being tired/ill and not her showing her true colors!

She's overwhelmed and shutting down to deal.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Miracle Maxie said:

Add the Poshmark commercials to the list, please. All commercials are annoying but these are just beyond. 

I got 2 really nice vegan purses from Poshmark the other week. The discount was great. Of course, now they send me an email every day...

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Snarkastikate said:

That supremely humiliating experience would make me not want to ever eat again I think.  Or maybe send me running to the food for comfort.  

I think the woman Lupe who broke the public toilet and got stuck in bathroom from a couple of seasons ago was far more  humiliating... Kelly had a panic attack after getting stuck ,too bad they couldn't sedate it may have helped get her out faster.

Edited by AVM
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Is that a bottle of soda on the tray in front of her?

The logo reminded me of Ocean SPray though I don't know if they sell this bottle size/shape...  Maybe it's a juice?  Depending on what her diet is right now, she may be just doing liquids, otherwise she should not be drinking juice anymore than soda...  Dr. Now did not comment on it, so it must have been OK.

Edited by Hellga

I hope her giving up and just being a blob is due to her being tired/ill and not her showing her true colors!

I snark on here but losing weight is such a vicious cycle. The heavier you are the more tired you are so you move less. And when you are tired you tend to eat more (I found that out working late nights) to keep yourself awake. So I can see how some of these people get in a rut. But most of us in the real world don't have the luxury to sit around and eat all day because we have jobs or kids or other obligations.

• Love 6

Oh gosh, this woman is really very ill. Serious heart disease. Scary.

I agree, I think she was traumatized and probably almost in shock by the time they got her out of that cab. Dr. Now was truly afraid she'd have a cardiac arrest then and there from the stress.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

The logo reminded me of Ocean SPray though I don't know if they sell this bottle size/shape...  Maybe it's a juice?  Depending on what her diet is right now, she may be just doing liquids, otherwise she should not be drinking juice anymore than soda...  Dr. Now did not comment on it, so it must have been OK.

Prob crystal light in water

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, AVM said:

I think the one who broke the public toilet and got stuck in bathroom from a couple of seasons ago was was more so, humiliating... Kelly had a panic attack after getting stuck ,too bad they couldn't sedate it may have helped get her out faster.

I wonder if sedation medication is too risky with someone whose heart and breathing is already so compromised. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Hellga said:

The logo reminded me of Ocean SPray though I don't know if they sell this bottle size/shape...  Maybe it's a juice?  Depending on what her diet is right now, she may be just doing liquids, otherwise she should not be drinking juice anymore than soda...

Watching her shake it makes me think it is bottled water that she added those special no calorie flavourings to.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 3
Just now, Hellga said:

The logo reminded me of Ocean SPray though I don't know if they sell this bottle size/shape...  Maybe it's a juice?  Depending on what her diet is right now, she may be just doing liquids, otherwise she should not be drinking juice anymore than soda...

Didn't Dr Now say she was diabetic?  No fruit juice for her - unless the physical stress made her go low. Your sugars can go all over the place when stuff like that happens.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Jeeves said:

Oh gosh, this woman is really very ill. Serious heart disease. Scary.

I agree, I think she was traumatized and probably almost in shock by the time they got her out of that cab. Dr. Now was truly afraid she'd have a cardiac arrest then and there from the stress.

But the producer and the cameraman were eager for it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

She's withdrawing from life, and I'm worried for her.    Going to rehab, she needs it, but I'm still worried for her.

The officer was relaying the priority of the call.   1 priority is very dangerous, 2 is urgent. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 6

I think when you get to a certain size and just don't want to move, one thing leads to another and your self-loathing gets so bad and your quality of life just deteriorates to where eating becomes a hobby and all you look forward to doing.

• Love 8

She needs to move! Movement is life!  

It's painful to move my wrist now, and I have to focus on using appropriate muscles, not just completing the movement - how I make the fist is what counts, not the fact that I can make it - but if I don't do it, I will not improve.  

At least, she is losing well.  Over 120 pounds in less than a month!  I hope she doesn't start ordering fast food once out on her own!

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Dianaofthehunt said:

THAT was a frightening scene. I was afraid she’d have a cardiac event. Don’t the seats come out of those vehicles?

They do, but they usually have to be pushed or pulled forward to loosen them. That would have injured her further, if anyone was strong enough to push against that much person.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1