Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E18: Her

Message added by Lady Calypso

Hi everyone! Just a reminder that anything discussed in interviews and articles about future plot points, such as confirmation on future Rebecca's condition, should be taken to the Spoiler and Speculation thread, not in this episode thread. Keep the discussion about what has happened in this episode. Thanks!

• Start Topic

On 4/4/2019 at 5:53 PM, mojoween said:

Kevin, Zoe is super great with her nieces.  You know what is also super great? That she can leave their house, and go on to do whatever she wants to because she does not have the responsibility of childcare.  She TOLD you that.

Exactly.  My sister is a really good aunt to all of her nieces and nephews, including my kids.  But she never wanted children of her own, and never had them.  She's good as an aunt, but shouldn't be a mother because she chooses not to be one.   Being good with kids and having kids of your own is not the same thing at all.

And yes, Zoe was very, very clear about it.  Kevin should have believed her, and respected her decision.

On 4/7/2019 at 1:06 PM, sasha206 said:

It's getting to the point that every time Milo is on the screen with his fake voice (sounds like he drops it down a register and sounds very unnatural to me) I want to punch him.  I will never understand how anyone finds this character endearing.

I thought I was the only one who isn't crazy about him.  I don't want to punch him (!), but I've never thought he was sexy or appealing on any level.

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, DebbieM4 said:

Exactly.  My sister is a really good aunt to all of her nieces and nephews, including my kids.  But she never wanted children of her own, and never had them.  She's good as an aunt, but shouldn't be a mother because she chooses not to be one.   Being good with kids and having kids of your own is not the same thing at all.

And yes, Zoe was very, very clear about it.  Kevin should have believed her, and respected her decision.

I thought I was the only one who isn't crazy about him.  I don't want to punch him (!), but I've never thought he was sexy or appealing on any level.

I thought he was super-awkward on Gilmore Girls.  I was #teamdean all the way!

As for the episode itself:  how far is Philly from Pittsburgh (not that it matters if Rebecca and Miguel move west)? 

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, PRgal said:

As for the episode itself:  how far is Philly from Pittsburgh (not that it matters if Rebecca and Miguel move west)? 

It's approx. 5 hours, probably a little more.  And that's if traffic is okay.  Lots of people fly - I think the flight is under an hour.

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, PRgal said:

I don't think Rebecca and Miguel live in Pittsburgh anymore, they seem to be much closer to Alpine, New Jersey, from various times such as Christmas when they were within a pretty short drive. 

• Love 2
(edited)
On 4/8/2019 at 11:22 AM, Aloeonatable said:

These are actresses who have the time and means to keep their youthful looks. Not everyone ages the same. I'm 70, and to me look every year of it, but others are shocked to learn how old I am. Sometimes it is how you act and dress that ages you. 

I also know non actresses who don't look their age but I didn't mention them because I didn't have pictures to post. I saw a childhood friend's mother on FB yesterday. She is in her late 70s and looks forty something.

Definitely agree its sometimes how you act and dress. They have Rebecca acting and dressing "old". 

Edited by GodsBeloved
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, ShadowFacts said:

I don't think Rebecca and Miguel live in Pittsburgh anymore, they seem to be much closer to Alpine, New Jersey, from various times such as Christmas when they were within a pretty short drive. 

Then again, this show's writers don't seem to have a concept of geography.  HAHAHAHAHA

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
7 minutes ago, PRgal said:

Then again, this show's writers don't seem to have a concept of geography.  HAHAHAHAHA

If only there was a magical place where you could type "how far is it from someplace to someplace else" and get an answer.    /sarcasm.

Edited by bybrandy
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
On 4/5/2019 at 6:18 PM, MrsWitter said:

My SO is the same! Are you from the South? He will be so happy to know of someone else who grew up with “cheese toast.” When I was growing up with my Italian dad, if we put cheese on bread in the toaster oven, it was only mozzarella on crusty bread and there had to be olive oil, basil, oregano, and garlic too. So, you know, just garlic bread. We could do nothing simply. 😂

I'm from the South and we regularly ate and LOVED cheese toast when we were kids and I still regularly eat it for breakfast!

• Love 2
On 4/7/2019 at 2:32 PM, debraran said:

This article touches on some of the not so good things they do on the show. Randall's infinite finances are mentioned although they are finally talking about that now.

https://screenrant.com/this-is-us-things-wrong-fans-ignore/

The only quibbles I have with this list is that while I have HATED this entire election storyline, everyone starts somewhere with politics, and usually, a city or county council is a good place to start, even if you've never had interest or background in politics. I mean, it's not like he ran for president with no previous political experience...

And as far as Kevin's career trajectory, I don't think its that unusual.  Tom Hanks started on Bosom Buddies. We saw Kevin do some work on a play and [despite running out to help Randall on opening night], I think he was supposed to have been really good, impressing his co-stars, director etc.  And then an award worthy role in a Ron Howard film.  I can buy that.

• Love 8

Its kind of weird to me that, in all the talk about moving for Randall's new job, no one really talks about how the girls feel about it. Yeah kids move all the time and I am sure they'll be fine, but it really does suck when your a kid, and you have to move to a new school and leave all your friends, your house, etc. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Its kind of weird to me that, in all the talk about moving for Randall's new job, no one really talks about how the girls feel about it. Yeah kids move all the time and I am sure they'll be fine, but it really does suck when your a kid, and you have to move to a new school and leave all your friends, your house, etc. 

It would be weird if it were normal people.  But, Jack foisted an adopted child on Rebecca and we didn't see any conversation about that.  Randall announced to Rebecca that he was going to run for office in another state.  Didn't ask her what she thought about that.  

There either was a conversation that they didn't bother showing us. Or, there wasn't because Pearsons.

• Love 4

Re Nicky, I think it's possible that he may not be "with" Rebecca at all. Besides the kids and if Miguel is dead Nicky would be the one last connection to the Jack she never knew. He would be able to tell her about how close they were as brothers and all the things he did to protect him and their mon from their abusive dad. And she in turn could fill in the blanks about the Jack he didn't get to know better.

Does this all belong in the speculation thread? I'll move it if so.

• Love 3

I don't understand why people think Rebecca is "with" Nicky.  He's just sitting in a chair watching over her so she's not alone.  Why he is there....seems like he ended up back in touch with Kevin and family and found his place in the family.  The speculation about Nicky being "with" her feels to me like all the many paragraphs that were written about how Miguel must have stolen his best friend's wife.

• Love 14
6 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Its kind of weird to me that, in all the talk about moving for Randall's new job,

Well, it did happen in the last moments of the season.  I'm sure the girls will have feelings about it when the next season opens.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, izabella said:

I don't understand why people think Rebecca is "with" Nicky.  He's just sitting in a chair watching over her so she's not alone.  Why he is there....seems like he ended up back in touch with Kevin and family and found his place in the family.  The speculation about Nicky being "with" her feels to me like all the many paragraphs that were written about how Miguel must have stolen his best friend's wife.

I agree, I try not to think of the show as a "soap" I feel Million Little Things crossed that line but I want to think of TIU more of a drama and not hook everyone up that acts in the show. ; )

They are going to show more of how Miguel and Rebecca get together after FB message but I hope they do it with dignity and not try to spare feelings of Jack fans by making their marriage a "less special"affair. She did say she loved him, you can love more than one person and I think Miguel was probably good for her later in life. I hope you see that he brought out more of who she is and they had fun, traveled, did things for just them and not the family.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, izabella said:

I don't understand why people think Rebecca is "with" Nicky.  He's just sitting in a chair watching over her so she's not alone.  Why he is there....seems like he ended up back in touch with Kevin and family and found his place in the family.  

I agree. 

When Randall called Toby, he said "She'd want you there". I believe Randall was talking about Rebecca wanting Toby there. It's not far fetched that Rebecca would want Nicky there as well. 

• Love 3
On 4/8/2019 at 7:54 PM, PRgal said:

Milo came across much better as an adult on Gilmore Girls "A Year in the Life." The Dean character went bad when he was trying to get back together with Rory as a married man, and dismissing his relationship with his wife.

I don't love his portrayal of Jack, but it seems like bad writing is to blame for his behavior while Rebecca was in the hospital. The Jack character was written to be over the top about how he and the kids can't function without her. I could understand him having difficulty with answering their questions and parenting if he was worried because she was in a coma or in ICU after a risky surgery, or Kate got her first period the night Rebecca's in the hospital and that's an awkward thing to handle for a dad - but come on. He could have handled dinnertime. (I agree with poster who said it was like he'd had 3 kids dumped on him out of the blue and he'd never had to think about children eating dinner before.)

The kids being unable to sleep/having bad dreams is somewhat believable, especially given Randall's closeness to his mother and tendency toward anxiety. But Jack taking the kids to the hospital because they all miss Rebecca so much, and pleading with the nurse to let the 4 of them see her was really bad parenting. The message is: "this family is entitled to get what we want; rules don't apply to the Pearsons."

Now, I understand kids can get upset about not being around mom for a night or two. I know a kid who was crying and saying he missed his mom when she was gone for most of a night. But that kid was 6. The Pearson kids were tweens when this happened. Give me a break.

• Love 6

Looking back at the episode:  If Rebecca was to make lasagna, then I assume they would have had pasta sauce and ground beef?  Or was she on her way to (or home from) the supermarket?  If they had the stuff at home, Jack could have made sloppy joes.

9 minutes ago, PRgal said:

Looking back at the episode:  If Rebecca was to make lasagna, then I assume they would have had pasta sauce and ground beef?  Or was she on her way to (or home from) the supermarket?  If they had the stuff at home, Jack could have made sloppy joes.

She was definitely on her way back from the store.  Hence the peach debacle.

• Love 2
On 4/9/2019 at 8:32 PM, izabella said:

I didn't assume that Nicky and Rebecca were a couple, but I saw it as a possibility.  The big reveal, to me, was that Nicky had come back into their lives.

So the way I see it is that he & Rebecca simply may have become close, with the starting point being their shared love of Jack and desire to have the other fill in missing pieces about his life.  Maybe that led to a romantic relationship, maybe they just became good friends.  Or maybe Nicky simply became close to Kevin, possibly was living there, and so was in Rebecca's room at that moment to keep an eye on her since Kevin had to go out.

So many possibilities!  I actually thought this episode was kind of a mess, jumping all over the place, with several eye-roll-inducing moments.  But I liked that we saw Nicky there at the very end because that surprised me.   And surprising me used to be what this show did best.  It will be interesting to see how the Nicky aspect actually plays out.   🙂

• Love 3
5 hours ago, DebbieM4 said:

I didn't assume that Nicky and Rebecca were a couple, but I saw it as a possibility.  The big reveal, to me, was that Nicky had come back into their lives.

So the way I see it is that he & Rebecca simply may have become close, with the starting point being their shared love of Jack and desire to have the other fill in missing pieces about his life.  Maybe that led to a romantic relationship, maybe they just became good friends.  Or maybe Nicky simply became close to Kevin, possibly was living there, and so was in Rebecca's room at that moment to keep an eye on her since Kevin had to go out.

So many possibilities!  I actually thought this episode was kind of a mess, jumping all over the place, with several eye-roll-inducing moments.  But I liked that we saw Nicky there at the very end because that surprised me.   And surprising me used to be what this show did best.  It will be interesting to see how the Nicky aspect actually plays out.   🙂

I agree with your idea of just being friends and maybe living with Kevin. I'm sure he sobered up about the same time (maybe in part with him?) and might have lived with him for a while. When Kevin finally made it, (he had what looked like awards in the hall going to Rebecca's room) he might have bought him a better home. Either way, I loved them together and am so glad they worked out a contract.  Randall and Beth were never in danger to me, even after the VM because they both kept saying so off air, and the baby also. When you know it's going to be okay, the drama lessens. That is why showing us the end is deflating in you know certain things but just not how. I'm okay with that but the only one I cared about I know the most about. Kevin makes it, he is a dad with a cute "kevin-like" son and Nicky got a second albeit late chance on life.  We know Rebecca dies the same as Jack, but again, it's just how.  Does her illness really matter anymore than what appliance killed Jack? Does it really matter who Kevin was with or if he adopted. I'll enjoy the ride but will never be in love with future shots.

Edited by debraran
  • Love 2

I feel like the flashback scenes with the car accident would have been better if they'd added another age group for the Big Three of around five years old.  The tween actors just felt too big for that storyline and Jack being overwhelmed felt odd.  However if the kids were younger it would have been more believable.  Plus going forward the Tween actors feel like they're now almost the same ages as the teen ones.  Moving forward having another age to use for storylines could help.  I hope they're not going to continue pretending the tween actors are like eight years old since they've obviously grown up since the show began.

• Love 6

Okay... I'm only on page 4 of this thread, but, please... for the love of all that's good and holy, do not let Sophie be Kevin's mother or let them get back together!   She has been through way too much with Kevin.  Please let her have enough self-respect to just say NO.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, WasabiGreenPeas said:

Okay... I'm only on page 4 of this thread, but, please... for the love of all that's good and holy, do not let Sophie be Kevin's mother or let them get back together!   She has been through way too much with Kevin.  Please let her have enough self-respect to just say NO.  

Unless Sophie has frozen eggs or used a donor, I'm not sure about that likelihood.  I know that spontaneous pregnancy can happen in one's late 30s, going on to 40s, but it's less likely than, say, a 32 year old.   And yes on the no part. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, PRgal said:

Unless Sophie has frozen eggs or used a donor, I'm not sure about that likelihood.  I know that spontaneous pregnancy can happen in one's late 30s, going on to 40s, but it's less likely than, say, a 32 year old.   And yes on the no part. 

But this is TV and not real life.  So, likelihood doesn't play the same role.

• Love 3
On 4/5/2019 at 4:45 PM, Libby96 said:

I am glad that Zoe and Kevin have the strength to call it quits .  

IMO, though, the problem unique to this relationship is that they are both related to the same family; they will still have to see one another at family functions, and hopefully they won't make things awkward for Randall, Beth and the girls. It's not like most breakups, where you part ways and never see one another again.

On 4/6/2019 at 11:33 AM, smartymarty said:

The writers apparently don't know that a few years ago, Pennsylvania Ballet (based in Philly) opened a dance school to train future dancers for its company. The students that Beth wants go there. It would have been better for Beth to get a job teaching at that school, except that of course she can't because she's been out of dance for so long.

I don't know a thing about professional dance, but it seemed rather obvious to me that Beth can't just "open a studio" because she's suddenly decided it's her life's dream that she can't put off for another minute. I mean, just because she trained as a child/teen doesn't mean she's certified in whatever necessary ways (I'm not sure how the studio where she worked this season even took her...if someone signs up for classes, wouldn't you have to tell them how the instructor is qualified?) I presume that telling the students the instructor took lessons twenty years ago wouldn't really cut it.

• Love 3
On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 9:25 PM, SnarkySheep said:

I don't know a thing about professional dance, but it seemed rather obvious to me that Beth can't just "open a studio" because she's suddenly decided it's her life's dream that she can't put off for another minute. I mean, just because she trained as a child/teen doesn't mean she's certified in whatever necessary ways (I'm not sure how the studio where she worked this season even took her...if someone signs up for classes, wouldn't you have to tell them how the instructor is qualified?) I presume that telling the students the instructor took lessons twenty years ago wouldn't really cut it.

I think Beth can be qualified to teach dance the same way that Kate can graduate from a community college after one semester and now be qualified to teach music.  Or when Kate, who hadn't sung publicly in almost 2 decades, decided she was professional singer and was going out on auditions and getting bent out of shape when she wasn't hired on the spot.

This is a pretty common problem on TV: characters want exciting careers and the showrunners think it would bore the audience to see the time and effort involved in getting there.  The show Parenthood was famous for that.  Lauren Graham's character, Sarah, started out as a waitress who had dropped out of college decades earlier and drifted from low paying job to low paying job.  Her brother helped her get an office job at the athletic shoe manufacturer where he worked.  About 2 weeks later, she was a genius at shoe design, practically ready to step in and run the company.  She later got a job as an assistant to a professional photographer; a guy with extensive training and years of experience.  Minutes later, she discovered her amazing natural talent for photography and was getting lavish praise, winning awards and actually competing with her boss for lucrative job opportunities. And beating him out at it.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 7
28 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

I think Beth can be qualified to teach dance the same way that Kate can graduate from a community college after one semester and now be qualified to teach music.  Or when Kate, who hadn't sung publicly in almost 2 decades, decided she was professional singer and was going out on auditions and getting bent out of shape when she wasn't hired on the spot.

This is a pretty common problem on TV: characters want exciting careers and the showrunners think it would bore the audience to see the time and effort involved in getting there.  The show Parenthood was famous for that.  Lauren Graham's character, Sarah, started out as a waitress who had dropped out of college decades earlier and drifted from low paying job to low paying job.  Her brother helped her get an office job at the athletic shoe manufacturer where he worked.  About 2 weeks later, she was a genius at shoe design, practically ready to step in and run the company.  She later got a job as an assistant to a professional photographer; a guy with extensive training and years of experience.  Minutes later, she discovered her amazing natural talent for photography and was getting lavish praise, winning awards and actually competing with her boss for lucrative job opportunities. And beating him out at it.

LOL, you forgot when Sarah decided she wanted to write a play...the moment it was done, her dad remembered he had an old Army buddy who was a director, and of course the guy immediately loved her work and set up a live performance (which was packed, naturally). After the show, we never again heard a single reference to Sarah's writing.

At least the one good reality check This is Us had was NOT having Kate immediately hired for that high school chorus teaching job that Madison had referred her to. There is no way on earth that any school would hire her on the sole basis that she "really likes to sing" and "totally gets what teens are going through." I really loved that scene, with the principal acting kind of incredulous that Kate would even bother trying without a degree - and of course, Kate acting kind of incredulous that silly things like degrees should keep a Pearson from what they want.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 4/5/2019 at 10:42 AM, valandsend said:

As the end of the episode, we saw Kate and Toby bringing 12-weeks-premature Jack home. I thought someone said he was born only two weeks earlier. Is an infant that's still 10 weeks shy of a full-term birth weight and development able to leave the hospital so early?

NO! And thank you for finally asking (8 pages into the thread!)

I don't actually watch this show, but my mother and sister do religiously. Over Easter, they were telling me about how this 28-weeker went home at two weeks old once he came off the ventilator. Then today at work (I work in a NICU) one of the moms was telling me about how her aunt wanted to know what was "wrong with" her 28-weeker that is still in hospital at 5 weeks old and still on CPAP, when the kid on This is Us went home at 2 weeks old.

It is so ridiculous. If they were going to pull something like this where they just want a short and uneventful NICU stay, they should have made the kid a 34-weeker or something. Prems all are on CPAP until a *minimum* gestational age of 32 weeks, and are on caffeine to prevent/treat apnea of prematurity (we use caffeine to stimulate the brain to remember to breathe) until 33-34 weeks typically. They will be in hospital during this time, though they may be transferred to a less intensive level of care. A child is not discharged home if they are having apneas. And this is assuming they have a completely smooth course with no setbacks/scares (which only rarely happens). A 28-weeker would typically be in hospital until around their due date, possibly a couple of weeks earlier if they were doing really well with feeding, and possibly much much later if they have complications such as surgical NEC or really bad lungs.

Thanks for reading! Apologies if I misunderstood what happened on the show as I received it second-hand, but there is no way a 28-weeker will go home at two weeks of age in real life.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I have mentioned that my oldest was born at 26 weeks plus 5 days, and he was in the NICU for 10 weeks.  He also has moderate to severe physical and developmental limitations, but I doubt the show will go there.  Why I love Speechless.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Crs97 said:

I have mentioned that my oldest was born at 26 weeks plus 5 days, and he was in the NICU for 10 weeks.  He also has moderate to severe physical and developmental limitations, but I doubt the show will go there.  Why I love Speechless.

I was in the NICU until like ~3 weeks before my due date - I was born at 25 weeks plus 3 or 4 days. I was only discharged that early because I managed to get up to 4 lbs before they expected me to

On 4/9/2019 at 5:32 PM, izabella said:

Maybe Nicky is there in the capacity of a hospice worker. He was, after all, a medic in Vietnam. Maybe he chose to get involved with hospice, kind of like atoning for his mistake in Vietnam. As for Miguel, he probably passed away.

I have finally caught up and have read a few pages but not all 10!

My take---I loved it. I loved Beth and Randall reconciling and working together. I just love them as a couple. Are they perfect, no but they are a great couple. And I loved Deja's speech. 

I loved Kevin with Tess. It reminded me of the painting episode (season 1?) that was wonderful with him and the kids. 

I wish Kevin and Zoe could find a solution because I've grown to like them, but glad she clarified things for him. 

Little Kevin flirting with the nurse and Jack's reaction was hilarious. 

• Love 2
On 4/3/2019 at 1:53 AM, JKL845 said:

I too had read that Randall picked Tess up in Newark, so Kevin's house must be on the east coast. If the chalk and game are for Rebecca, she must not be near death. Seems more like they are trying to get her hand strength back. Most likely from a stroke. Zoe seems older to me than Kevin (and Sophie) so if Zoe can have a child that age so can Sophie. Could just be that Zoe comes across as more mature. I would rather Zoe knows herself well enough by now and doesn't change her mind about kids for Kevin. I think they handled that relationship well this season. Also, that boy could be Kevin's youngest child and a lot of women have babies in their 40's.

Zoe is definitely not older than Zoe. She's Beth's younger cousin. Beth is the same age as Randall and Randall is of course the same age as Kevin. 

A stroke is something not many mention,  most keep bringing up dementia even when early on Mandy said No (then was told not to comment) A stroke would explain memory, not being able to move certain parts of her body and showing her hands trying to close on the blanket.

Time will tell, but after working with and seeing signs of a lot of medical conditions, it really doesn't matter, she is loved, well taken care of and hopefully this is far off. ; )

• Love 1

I don’t know if anyone will read this since I’m watching a year later but questions - was that Kevin’s house at the end and Rebecca (and presumably Nicky) are living with him?  Are they in Philly?  Pittsburgh?  At first I thought Philly because Randall’s fam was all there but maybe not.  Or are they in California???

Mandy looked kinda scary as an old lady.  Would she be in her 80’s at that point?  It didn’t even cross my mind she and Nicky might be together.  I wonder if Miguel was just out with Kevin or if he passed.

I liked the Kevin and Zoe breakup.  They just want different things, and they handled it like grown adults.  Kevin does always get the short end of the stick imo.  He’s my fave.

It made sense for Randall and crew to move to Philly.  I’m not mad at that.

My daughter was two months premature.  One month NICU stay.  We had NO family, in fact no help at all which two years later I’m still salty about.  In fact, my parents have only seen their granddaughter once in person.  So even though it might be overbearing having your mom hovering around, believe me it’s a blessing.  I thought Rebecca was adorable taking notes and asking Siri how to spell.  

Edited by mostlylurking

IIRC, 

Spoiler

Kevin built his dad’s dream house up the hill from their old cabin.  I assume Nicky lives in the cabin and Rebecca in the main house with Kevin and his family.

ETA-Thanks, Babalu, and sorry if I spoiled anything for anyone.  I wasn’t paying attention to the specific episode we were discussing and didn’t realize I was getting ahead of the show.

Edited by Crs97
  • Love 2

@mostlylurking - some of your questions were answered in Season 4 and others will presumably be answered in Seasons 5 and 6. I don’t know if you mind being spoiled or not, but @Crs97 (and anyone else commenting) - you may want to put your post in spoiler tags for others who are watching late.

• Love 1
On 4/2/2019 at 10:30 PM, Amethyst said:

I wonder if Nicky reminds Rebecca of Jack, and that's why they're together in the future, assuming that's the case.  If so, poor Miguel.

I can't get my head around Nicky being with anyone, let alone Rebecca.   Nicky is Aqualung.  Nicky is ... gross. 

But apparently Nicky is also part Vulcan because he ages at a slower rate than humans.   Nicky looked older than Rebecca when they first met -- fast-forward, Nicky looks the same but Rebecca has become the Crypt Keeper.

I was very sorry to see that Beth didn't dump Randall's entitled ass.   Also sorry that Beth and all of Randall's girls had to completely ditch their lives and recalibrate their school, friendships, ENTIRE LIVES, to accommodate King Randall's Reality.   Sucks that the show made Randall right, that it allowed him to poison Beth's mind and make her believe the spin that she was just "teaching bored housewives how to twirl."   Also sucks that Deja has been so rapidly Randallized.    I think I actually dislike Randall more than Toby now (that's saying a lot).

Kate, still a spoiled rotten daddy's girl.   It's not so much that Kate feels cramped by her mom (who doesn't?), it's the way she handles it.  The way she  blurts out such hateful things when a deep breath and a little maturity could get the job done just as easily but without the ugliness.   Kate uses "sorry" like it's a license to be as bitchy as she pleases because it can always be fixed afterwards by just uttering the magic word.  I hate Kate.

Also don't like what Rebecca and Miguel have come to symbolize -- those grandparents who apparently have no independent interests or lives of their own so they make themselves ancillaries to their kids, selling their homes, saying goodbye to their friends and the towns and neighborhoods they've lived in for decades and moving into some condo in a state they never imagined living in, just because their kids live there.    I'm seeing it more and more as I get older.   I'll never understand it. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 1