Type keyword(s) to search

Katy Keene: Anticipation

This is the musical dramedy spinoff for Riverdale. 

Logline: A Riverdale spinoff, KATY KEENE follows the lives and loves of four iconic Archie Comics characters — including fashion legend-to-be Katy Keene — as they chase their twenty-something dreams in New York City. This musical dramedy chronicles the origins and struggles of four aspiring artists trying to make it on Broadway, on the runway and in the recording studio.

Some of its stars include Riverdale's Ashleigh Murray, and Lucy Hale.

Zane Holtz got announced as a character. I kind of had a thing for him as the hot older brother in The Perks of Being A Wallflower so yay for him for landing a steady gig?

I really hope they don't force these characters to deal with dark shit. We get enough of that on Riverdale and Sabrina the Dark Lord.

• Love 1

I have never gotten past the first season of Riverdale, I may do in the future. Sabrina I was able to deal with going dark, she is a Witch and all, but Archie and the Gang not so much, but then I stopped really reading Archie in the late 80's and apparently the comics got darker also.

Katy Keene was awesome when I was younger, I got so excited to see this was going to be a thing, I am glad to read here it is not going dark. So much potential for this show in the current times of Fashion, and everything wrapped around being stylish, cannot wait!

• Love 1

I'm also excited for this. The CW has really cut down on the "regular teen" dramas in the vein of Dawson's Creek, One Tree Hill, etc. Everyone now is a superhero or a demon hunter or a vampire or hunting vampires. I miss shows where it was brothers fighting about basketball or regular love triangles between three teenagers and not a teenager and a teacher and gargoyle king or something. Looking forward to this show, especially with the fashion and music angles!

• Love 1