Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Cheezwiz

Selling Sunset

On 11/26/2021 at 11:53 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

I don't know how I feel about this show being Everybody Hates Christine.  It's not fun to watch.  Whatever, not that I've really "enjoyed" this show since the first season anyway.

I don't mind them hating Christine (I don't care for her, either). What I do mind is them having to discuss her in nearly every scene. Seriously, they're feeding this needy attention addict when she should be living on fumes.

The best thing to do when dealing with someone like Christine is you IGNORE them. That would cut her more than dozens of conversations or dramatic confrontations ever would.

Greet her when you see her. Bid her farewell when you're leaving. Between those two actions, give Christine nothing. Be polite when she comes around -- but always on the move or too busy to engage.

Christine would explode into dust, leaving nothing but breast implants and Barbie weave behind.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 2

8 hours ago, GaT said:

Why do people think Christine used a surrogate & faked her pregnancy.

I think it's a combination of how her post-partum was portrayed and a blind item about a reality star using a surrogate but not wanting to say. 

But mostly, I think it's just people saying Christine's story doesn't add up.  She was wearing heels, slinky clothes and seemingly returning to normal activity, according to her, only days after not only giving birth but having a "traumatic C-section."

It was that she said her husband was told "you have to choose your wife or your child" when, in those situations, there's usually a medical team for the mother and a medical team for the child.  The doctors aren't asking the husband/father to prioritize who they "save."

Whatever the truth is about her birth story, there's skepticism about the version she chose to share.

• Like 4

I had an emergency c-section and sooo much doesn't add up. I wasn't allowed to drive for six weeks so how is she doing advanced yoga after a couple of weeks? 

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

This show has just become more crazy. So when you spend $50m on an asset is it only important your agent look hot? Does anyone on this show actually work and know something about real estate other than marble looks pretty? The episode with the fancy balloons, sure you care about the view being blocked but how about if a home is built on the cliff below will your home be structurally affected? IDK, I just don’t buy these people really work in real estate, or else wealthy people in California are stupid enough to only care that their agent looks fuckable and not that they actually add any business acumen to the real estate process. At least on million dollar listing, despite their manufactured drama, you can see some actual work going on.

Don’t get me wrong, I dress nice for work and get my own Botox so I am not saying only ugly agents need apply but this show is so unprofessional overall and makes the women look bad. Like “tee hee, please buy a house, pretty please” while batting eyelashes kind of BS. 

The lips on Christine are crazy. She is probably going to regret stretching her skin so much.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

The show lists the commissions. Is that what the agent gets if the house sells or is that divided up between the brokerage and the agent? Wasn't sure what that figure represented.

Los Angeles real estate is iconic, but seeing those homes perched so precariously on those hills freaks me out. Especially since the town is known for earthquakes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eXiled said:

Los Angeles real estate is iconic, but seeing those homes perched so precariously on those hills freaks me out. Especially since the town is known for earthquakes.

Yes, THIS. All of those house locations look so fragile given the potential for earthquakes, wildfires & mudslides. As lovely as some of the views are, I'd be shopping for something on flat land thanks very much.

11 hours ago, eXiled said:

The best thing to do when dealing with someone like Christine is you IGNORE them. That would cut her more than dozens of conversations or dramatic confrontations ever would.

Greet her when you see her. Bid her farewell when you're leaving. Between those two actions, give Christine nothing. Be polite when she comes around -- but always on the move or too busy to engage.

Christine would explode into dust, leaving nothing but breast implants and Barbie weave behind.

Co-signing everything in THIS post as well! I wish more people understood that the best way to drive a narcissist absolutely crazy is to just politely ignore them and refuse to engage. I notice that Christine pulled one of the favorite techniques from the narcissist playbook: she was whining to her husband and Brett (or Jason?) "Everyone's being so MEAN to me!" Uh, no. People just compared notes and finally decided to call you on your bullshit. Narcissists always play the victim when they're confronted with their misdeeds. (See also, Jen Shah for those who watch Real Housewives of Salt Lake).

Someone up thread mentioned that Vanessa reminded them of someone else famous only someone who had a different hair color. She reminded me of someone too, but I wasn't sure who - I'm thinking it might be Tanya Roberts (RIP). Vanessa has beautiful eyes, , and that's who came to mind for me. The jury's still out Vanessa her for me, but so far I cautiously like her.

The more I look at Emma, the more she resembles a long-lost sibling of Paris Hilton. Someone in one of the articles commented that she's the type of person who could look anywhere from 19 to 39, and I think that's totally accurate.

Maya continues to remind me of a darker haired, dark eyed Gwyneth Paltrow - it's quite an uncanny resemblance.

• Like 1