Type keyword(s) to search

Selling Sunset - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 11/26/2021 at 11:53 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

I don't know how I feel about this show being Everybody Hates Christine.  It's not fun to watch.  Whatever, not that I've really "enjoyed" this show since the first season anyway.

I don't mind them hating Christine (I don't care for her, either). What I do mind is them having to discuss her in nearly every scene. Seriously, they're feeding this needy attention addict when she should be living on fumes.

The best thing to do when dealing with someone like Christine is you IGNORE them. That would cut her more than dozens of conversations or dramatic confrontations ever would.

Greet her when you see her. Bid her farewell when you're leaving. Between those two actions, give Christine nothing. Be polite when she comes around -- but always on the move or too busy to engage.

Christine would explode into dust, leaving nothing but breast implants and Barbie weave behind.

• LOL 4
  • Love 11
8 hours ago, GaT said:

Why do people think Christine used a surrogate & faked her pregnancy.

I think it's a combination of how her post-partum was portrayed and a blind item about a reality star using a surrogate but not wanting to say. 

But mostly, I think it's just people saying Christine's story doesn't add up.  She was wearing heels, slinky clothes and seemingly returning to normal activity, according to her, only days after not only giving birth but having a "traumatic C-section."

It was that she said her husband was told "you have to choose your wife or your child" when, in those situations, there's usually a medical team for the mother and a medical team for the child.  The doctors aren't asking the husband/father to prioritize who they "save."

Whatever the truth is about her birth story, there's skepticism about the version she chose to share.

• Useful 3
  • Love 13

This show has just become more crazy. So when you spend $50m on an asset is it only important your agent look hot? Does anyone on this show actually work and know something about real estate other than marble looks pretty? The episode with the fancy balloons, sure you care about the view being blocked but how about if a home is built on the cliff below will your home be structurally affected? IDK, I just don’t buy these people really work in real estate, or else wealthy people in California are stupid enough to only care that their agent looks fuckable and not that they actually add any business acumen to the real estate process. At least on million dollar listing, despite their manufactured drama, you can see some actual work going on.

Don’t get me wrong, I dress nice for work and get my own Botox so I am not saying only ugly agents need apply but this show is so unprofessional overall and makes the women look bad. Like “tee hee, please buy a house, pretty please” while batting eyelashes kind of BS. 

The lips on Christine are crazy. She is probably going to regret stretching her skin so much.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, eXiled said:

Los Angeles real estate is iconic, but seeing those homes perched so precariously on those hills freaks me out. Especially since the town is known for earthquakes.

Yes, THIS. All of those house locations look so fragile given the potential for earthquakes, wildfires & mudslides. As lovely as some of the views are, I'd be shopping for something on flat land thanks very much.

11 hours ago, eXiled said:

The best thing to do when dealing with someone like Christine is you IGNORE them. That would cut her more than dozens of conversations or dramatic confrontations ever would.

Greet her when you see her. Bid her farewell when you're leaving. Between those two actions, give Christine nothing. Be polite when she comes around -- but always on the move or too busy to engage.

Christine would explode into dust, leaving nothing but breast implants and Barbie weave behind.

Co-signing everything in THIS post as well! I wish more people understood that the best way to drive a narcissist absolutely crazy is to just politely ignore them and refuse to engage. I notice that Christine pulled one of the favorite techniques from the narcissist playbook: she was whining to her husband and Brett (or Jason?) "Everyone's being so MEAN to me!" Uh, no. People just compared notes and finally decided to call you on your bullshit. Narcissists always play the victim when they're confronted with their misdeeds. (See also, Jen Shah for those who watch Real Housewives of Salt Lake).

Someone up thread mentioned that Vanessa reminded them of someone else famous only someone who had a different hair color. She reminded me of someone too, but I wasn't sure who - I'm thinking it might be Tanya Roberts (RIP). Vanessa has beautiful eyes, , and that's who came to mind for me. The jury's still out Vanessa her for me, but so far I cautiously like her.

The more I look at Emma, the more she resembles a long-lost sibling of Paris Hilton. Someone in one of the articles commented that she's the type of person who could look anywhere from 19 to 39, and I think that's totally accurate.

Maya continues to remind me of a darker haired, dark eyed Gwyneth Paltrow - it's quite an uncanny resemblance.

• Like 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Cheezwiz said:

Co-signing everything in THIS post as well! I wish more people understood that the best way to drive a narcissist absolutely crazy is to just politely ignore them and refuse to engage. I notice that Christine pulled one of the favorite techniques from the narcissist playbook: she was whining to her husband and Brett (or Jason?) "Everyone's being so MEAN to me!" Uh, no. People just compared notes and finally decided to call you on your bullshit. Narcissists always play the victim when they're confronted with their misdeeds. (See also, Jen Shah for those who watch Real Housewives of Salt Lake).

You can also put Meghan Markle also as a classic narc.

Great channel about narcs:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5zIX8qBAl2CUIyF9AeTjaA/videos 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Cheezwiz said:

I wish more people understood that the best way to drive a narcissist absolutely crazy is to just politely ignore them and refuse to engage.

I think they would if they weren't on a reality show and likely being asked to talk about her in their talking heads and having every single mention of her included in the show because the show decided she was the story this season. 

3 hours ago, Cheezwiz said:

Someone up thread mentioned that Vanessa reminded them of someone else famous only someone who had a different hair color. She reminded me of someone too, but I wasn't sure who

She gives me Liz Hurley vibes.

• Love 5

Liz Hurley that's a good one.  I was thinking Ana de Armas but that's way better.  Also Kylie Minogue?

The thing is some of these women just all get the same work.  I agree that Heather and Emma look a lot alike.  The Bald twins love Barbie dolls.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

Finally finished the 4th season.  Looking forward to the next season where it will hopefully be less of the Christine show.  I wonder if they will go into the power dynamics within Chrishell's and Jason's relationship considering he is technically her boss.  Though maybe there is less of a power imbalance since Chrishell is such a large part of the show (and I'm not sure the show would have been as successful without her).

Davina 100% had training from either an acting coach or some sort of personal brand coach.  At first, I thought the time away from the brokerage and show may have helped her ease up a bit.  But then as the episodes progressed, I realized that she was clearly and consciously trying to present herself in a specific light.  And she totally needs to find a new stylist.

• Love 8

Finished season 4 yesterday. I would have wanted a bit more real estate and a little less we hate Christine. A lot of times it seems Christine is just playing a character. I don't find anything authentic about her. She comes up with stories and lies about her cast mates because why? Does she think it makes the show more interesting? And then when she gets called on it, she goes into victim mode. I think it was more fun for her last season when she had her side kick Davina, but I think Davina took a lot of backlash she received to heart and decided to be a better person. I also hate that these ladies (and Brett and Jason) hug every time they see each other. That makes me think that nobody actually works in the office and they only see each other when filming. Which is probably true. And if that's true, do any of them actually sell any homes?

Edited to add: Mary's make-up at the finale party was awful. Her face looked yellow in certain lights.

Edited by MaggieG
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, MaggieG said:

these ladies (and Brett and Jason) hug every time they see each other. That makes me think that nobody actually works in the office and they only see each other when filming. Which is probably true. And if that's true, do any of them actually sell any homes?

Good point.  I'm not a realtor, but the ones I know are rarely in their offices, let alone all together, at desks like that.  Plus, who could get anything done with all that chatter?

Christine is a classic narcissist.  She alluded to her bad childhood, which likely caused her to come up with lies & stories, starting with her own appearance.  She looks like a cartoon character.  The fact that she couldn't even own up to her lie to Davina, that she "swore" Davina knew she was engaged, when Davina herself reminded her they didn't even know each other then, speaks volumes.

Chrishell & Jason might be a good match, but I'm sorry, yes, he's her boss.  Conflict of interest much?  In no other business could I see all the other employees, who are always fighting for deals, that would be happy about this.  

Jason & Brett are those 2 guys who, in junior high school, were out-heighted by the other guys, who all the girls liked as friends.  So they built their own high school fantasy camp, surrounding themselves with girls who still dress like they stepped out of pom pom practice.  Christine even made the "We wear pink on Wednesdays" joke.

• Love 10
21 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

Chrishell & Jason might be a good match, but I'm sorry, yes, he's her boss.  Conflict of interest much?  In no other business could I see all the other employees, who are always fighting for deals, that would be happy about this.  

I don't think the rest of the team here will be happy about Chrishell/Jason.  There's always been complaints about Jason's favoritism towards Mary and giving her more leads, etc.  While Jason and Mary are no longer together, they did date for a long time and share custody of their dogs.  Consciously or not, that has to be a factor for why Jason may feed more leads Mary's way. (Plus, it sounds like Romain is getting work through Jason?  Wasn't he like a baker earlier?)

Wouldn't it be funny if Jason started giving Chrishell some leads and other perks he would typically give to Mary?  Now that would be a fun plot line.

Edited by zenithwit
  • Love 9

Is there a reliable database that shows the names of agents who sold a property?

I'm beginning to think that only a few of these "realtors" are real, or perhaps they are only part-time in order to be on the show.

I can see Mary, Davina and others offscreen being fulltime. Amanza may be an as-needed designer and stager (independent contractor). But Christine, Crishelle, the one who "owns lots of companies," and Heather seem like reality TV characters. They don't strike me as realtors who are pounding the pavements every day. I think Crishelle and Heather are quite new to the business, yet they both glommed onto TV personalities.

Edited by pasdetrois
1 hour ago, pasdetrois said:

Is there a reliable database that shows the names of agents who sold a property?

I'm beginning to think that only a few of these "realtors" are real, or perhaps they are only part-time in order to be on the show.

I can see Mary and Davina being fulltime, with Amanza as a part-time designer and stager, but Christine, Crishelle, the one who "owns lots of companies," and Heather seem like reality TV characters. They don't strike me as realtors who are pounding the pavements every day. I think Chrishelle and Heather are quite new to the business, yet they both glommed onto TV personalities.

Sadly, “realtor” is one of those job titles you can proclaim with very little bona fides. Not a lot of formal education required, possibly make your own hours, and the commission-based approach means there’s very little to dissuade someone from becoming an “agent” or for the industry itself to push back and make it harder to get your license. Don’t get me wrong, to be a GREAT agent you need to work your butt off, know your stuff, network constantly, and really be there for your clients. It’s just a shame a lot of markets are flooded with directionless wannabes who want to seem important and successful but don’t want to put in the work. It’s often very difficult to know if a junior agent with less than five years of experience is any good or just bored with life and trying something out until a better opportunity comes along. 

Case in point, I found an agent online and set up a meeting in her office to discuss what I was looking for. First appointment she cancelled for work reasons. Second meeting she cancelled because “an open house just came on the market she needed to look at.” About an hour later I saw her posting on Instagram from a stand up paddle board. The next day I asked my friends for agents, got one with 20 years of experience in the market. She knew everything about the codes, zoning laws, inspections, appraisals, negotiations (I live in Austin which is a crazy market). For someone with anxiety who gets stressed out about stuff, especially something foreign to me, I never worried and the whole experience was seamless and easy. But you can’t get suckered in by the flash and ritz of the real estate world. 

(As for the other “agent”, she married a rich guy and moved to Dallas. She still considers herself a realtor though based on IG she mostly just occasionally posts generic listings and maybe once a year helps a friend buy/sell their house). 

• Love 2

Re:  Whether these agents are truly agents or spend more time in the glam chair.

I watched the Million Dollar Listing shows, which show a lot more of the actual real estate, and the agents who do close actual deals.  

The agents on MDLA and MDNY might not always get along, but they do seem to have a healthy professional respect for each other.  Some have formed friendships, but those friendships were based on their professional relationships.  

One of the agents was recently asked what they thought about the agents on Selling Sunset, and he gave a shrug and an eyeroll.  'Nuff said.

Someone who has a real estate license has access to the MLS database, where they can look up real estate transactions by agent.  I'd love to see that.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1

My neighbor is a top-selling agent of long standing, and she works her ass off 7 days a week.

"I'm a realtor" is the same thing as "I'm a videographer" (anyone who buys a camera) or 'I'm an influencer" (anyone with an Instagram account).

Now I'm convinced that the ones I named have their licenses (for legal reasons) but just dabble.

I forgot to add the one who flies back and forth to Miami. She may be a "real" agent of long-time standing who works part-time, including for commercial projects and other stuff we won't see.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 2
33 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:

Re:  Whether these agents are truly agents or spend more time in the glam chair.

I watched the Million Dollar Listing shows, which show a lot more of the actual real estate, and the agents who do close actual deals.  

The agents on MDLA and MDNY might not always get along, but they do seem to have a healthy professional respect for each other.  Some have formed friendships, but those friendships were based on their professional relationships.  

One of the agents was recently asked what they thought about the agents on Selling Sunset, and he gave a shrug and an eyeroll.  'Nuff said.

Someone who has a real estate license has access to the MLS database, where they can look up real estate transactions by agent.  I'd love to see that.

It’s funny you bring up MDLA, because that show is also on right now and those message boards are debating some of the “deals” on the show. People are looking up properties from the show and they’re either still listed or sold for a different price than what’s quoted or listed by an agency that the cast don’t work for. So who knows how “real” any of these people are. 

It actually makes more sense if they’re all mostly just celebrities at this point. Real estate is Southern California was insane while these shows were filming so the fact that they can’t show more stories about buying and selling properties tells you a lot. If they were all really agents they’d be raking in commissions and getting insane offers. 

• Love 3

Same thing with the realtor on Selling the Big Easy. A Primetimer poster simply looked at Zillow and such to uncover the fact that the homes didn't sell when it was claimed, or didn't sell at all. In some cases the buyers had already purchased their homes, but pretended to be shopping and toured the home they had already purchased.

• Useful 6
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

I can see Mary, Davina and others offscreen being fulltime. Amanza may be an as-needed designer and stager (independent contractor). But Christine, Crishelle, the one who "owns lots of companies," and Heather seem like reality TV characters. They don't strike me as realtors who are pounding the pavements every day. I think Crishelle and Heather are quite new to the business, yet they both glommed onto TV personalities.

For some reason, I got mildly obsessed with the show this season and found out more than I knew before.

From what I understand, a lot of actors go into real estate when in between jobs if they need income because it's one profession where they can set their own schedules. It seems like the Oppenheim Group is a mix of part-time or former performers and those for whom real estate is it.

Full Timers/Lifers:

Mary did real estate after college.  She left it when she got married and did something else but came back to it after her divorce. She has been in real estate longer than Jason. 

Maya is largely based in Miami but will come back to CA. I don't know if it's just for the show but I do think she does real estate in Miami.  At the very least, she uses her Instagram to give real estate tips so she wants that to be part of her brand.

In Season 1, I think we learned Davinia was a broker as well but wasn't sure if she wanted to open her own brokerage.  I think she probably is more developments-focused than residential. 

The Rest

Chrishell has been pretty open that this is fall back income for her.  She'd fall into the category of an actor getting a real estate license when there were no acting jobs.   She only worked in soaps and there were so few left compared to when she started.  She was in her later 30s.  It makes sense she was thinking about "what next."  It's pure luck that her choice put her on a successful TV show.

Ultimately, she's an entertainer and acting gigs or even things like Dancing With The Stars are probably going to take precedence for her.  She probably could make more per diem as an influencer than real estate given the success of the show. Although looking at her Instagram, it doesn't look like she does as much paid promo as others.

FWIW, there was an insider on Reddit (grain of salt and all) who said that she actually was in the office quite a bit last year and she has been seen at non-filmed open houses.  So it at least sounds like she does real estate even when the show isn't filming.

Emma was a part of the Oppenheim Group even before the show made it to the air. So was Heather.   She is probably doing more now with her husband but she's listed on the website of the new Oppenheim Group Newport Beach location's website because that's close to where she lives. If this were just for the "show," I don't know if she'd be on that website.

Vanessa is too new and it's hard to know who she is but I suspect she's probably like Chrishell.  She's ultimately an actress but plans to do this as a fallback career.

Non-Realtors

Amanza got her license but didn't like it so she's focusing on design and staging.  She just opened a design store.

Christine used to do real estate but apparently hasn't done anything since she met and married her husband. 

Romain was a pastry chef but is now a contractor/project coordinator according to Mary.

6 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

They're also friends with the Oppenheim brothers.  So they do know Jason and Brett.

6 hours ago, Stan39 said:

For someone with anxiety who gets stressed out about stuff, especially something foreign to me, I never worried and the whole experience was seamless and easy. But you can’t get suckered in by the flash and ritz of the real estate world. 

I wish they showed more of this.  I was listening to Jason on a podcast talk about his career, his initial struggles and what he thinks ultimately made him successful and he says he thinks it's because he offered qualities similar to what your realtor did.

A Primetimer poster simply looked at Zillow and such to uncover the fact that the homes didn't sell when it was claimed, or didn't sell at all.

Yeah.  I always take the actual deals with a grain of salt on all these shows.  A lot of buyers probably don't want to be on TV or have it advertised how much they spent.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Yeah.  I always take the actual deals with a grain of salt on all these shows.  A lot of buyers probably don't want to be on TV or have it advertised how much they spent.

Or where they live!  They show the neighbourhood, the street name, sometimes the house number, the cost, everything.

• Love 2

I'm up to episode 9 but I'm posting before I lose my thoughts.

How does Davina still believe Christine? I don't get it.

On 12/1/2021 at 6:20 AM, MaggieG said:

I also hate that these ladies (and Brett and Jason) hug every time they see each other. That makes me think that nobody actually works in the office and they only see each other when filming.

This drives me crazy, why do they always hug? 

On 12/2/2021 at 6:52 AM, Stan39 said:

Sadly, “realtor” is one of those job titles you can proclaim with very little bona fides.

In L.A. "realtor" seems to be the standard career for all the pretty women who went to California to be actresses, but either never got enough jobs or whose career died off. Kendra Wilkinson (from The Girls Next door) recently got her real estate license,

I was interested in who Amanza's husband was & I found this story https://people.com/home/selling-sunsets-amanza-smith-awarded-full-custody-of-her-2-kids-as-ex-husband-remains-missing/. To me, it sounds like this guy got himself mixed up with some loan sharks & owes big money, so he got out of town.

If these women sell just one house a year, they make more than most Americans.

Oh God, Christine is telling the mindset coach (whatever that is) what a bad childhood she had. Is this the new story?

• Love 2

OK, I'm finished with the season. I agree with other people, they need to cut back on Christine. Whether it's her, or people talking about her, I've had enough, & she's not working, so there's no reason to hear from her.

I think there will be a spinoff show of the Orange County office, all the realtors are clearly younger than the ones in this show, & they don't have the whole constant glam thing going on, so it will be definitely different.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, GaT said:

I think there will be a spinoff show of the Orange County office, all the realtors are clearly younger than the ones in this show, & they don't have the whole constant glam thing going on, so it will be definitely different.

Yea, they clearly want a spin-off and probably already have one. It could be interesting to see a co-ed group; there seemed to be a few men when they showed the OC relators. Although, the OG in LA probably has male relators too but they just aren't in this show.

I realized a lot of this is likely fake but if there's any truth in it then Christine must have some sort of personality disorder. I don't believe anything she says ever. For her sake, I hope she's just playing a character. And for all their sakes really because if they actually have to work with her and this is her real personality, then I feel very bad for them.

Mindset Coach is the dumbest fucking thing I've ever head. That sounds like an even bigger scam than Life Coach. 

Tarek seemed like such a poser at the dog party. It was really embarrassing to watch. He was better in all his other appearances though so I'm not sure about him. To me, Heather comes off as the most genuine and decent of everyone so for her sake I hope Tarek is a good guy.

This season was pretty boring and so much of it is just so cringe to me that like I have to look away while it's happening because I'm so embarrassed. That being said, I will still be watching the next season lol.

• Love 6
59 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

All of the songs are listed here, 

https://www.tunefind.com/show/selling-sunset/season-4

For the most part, it's music I've heard nowhere before.  So when it's music you have never and will never hear anywhere apart from Selling Sunset, it does feel like music created for the show even if that's not the expressed agreement.

I agree.  Based on the article, much of it is created mainly to be licensed to Selling Sunset or a similar show.  
I’ve never heard any of it elsewhere either, or anything very close really, but it’s not even close to a sound I would ever seek out  🤢

• Love 1

I’m just on episode 4 and it’s alright. Something to watch.

I wish they would calm down with the music they blast whenever Emma shows up tho lol.

So Jason and Chrishelle were apparently secretly dating during this season?

Edited by Marley

Ugh Davina is back. She’s so awkward and rude and not fun to watch. She never shuts up either.

Can ppl stop going on about Christine looking good after having the baby. Like enough is enough. Calm down. Also she admittedly was going to get lip if she gained too much weight so it’s really not that shocking and amazing she’s back in good shape.

I don’t mind Heather this season. She seems nice this season. Tarek seems not bad either. He was always pretty good on his other show or at least from what I remember.

Christine’s birth story seems like a lie. Maybe that’s rude but all she does is lie. I had a friend like her years ago and once I cut her off and out of my life I felt so much happier and free.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yea, they clearly want a spin-off and probably already have one. It could be interesting to see a co-ed group; there seemed to be a few men when they showed the OC relators. Although, the OG in LA probably has male relators too but they just aren't in this show.

They announced a Newport Beach spinoff a month ago.  It will be called Selling The O.C. From articles, it sounds like the cast will likely be co-ed to differentiate it from Selling Sunset and Selling Tampa but I don't know if the cast list has been officially released.

But yeah, if you look on the Oppenheim Group website, there are men at the LA office.

On 12/1/2021 at 2:21 AM, zenithwit said:

I wonder if they will go into the power dynamics within Chrishell's and Jason's relationship considering he is technically her boss.  Though maybe there is less of a power imbalance since Chrishell is such a large part of the show (and I'm not sure the show would have been as successful without her).

This season, they had two of the women (I think it was Davinia and Maya) say something about Chrishell being the "new favorite" so I think that's the angle they'll take as opposed to power imbalance.

But I do think, because of the show, the power imbalance is somewhat leveled. She could likely move to another broker with little effort. All of the women on the show, with the exception of maybe Mary (now V.P. of the Oppenheim Group) and Davinia (who has a director of new developments title) are likely independent contractors since that's usually how commission-based real estate agents work.  Technically, Jason would get to decide who he will be a broker for but I wonder if that has been impacted by the show. Let's say one of the women decides they're just not going to do real estate any longer--does he have the right to remove them from the brokerage? 

As a long time soap fan, totally for the story.  In the real world?  I'd recommend against.

• Love 1
On 12/4/2021 at 10:52 PM, Marley said:

So Jason and Chrishelle were apparently secretly dating during this season?

I guess that is how the listing agent mistakenly put Jason's name as the broker, lol.  Also, when she mentioned she was going to put a bid on the house he said, "Well I guess we will do whatever it takes to get you that house," or something close to it.  Isn't it unfair advantage to sleep with the boss?

Romain is here for the cameras. 

I think it is strange that all the agents sit in a communal office, their laptops open, silently (shopping?) looking on line, little to no phone calls, then the flurry of activity when they all start talking to each other. 

We don't see the genius marketing that goes in to putting a house on the market in a town where there are tons of homes over the 3 million dollar price, they all just happen to have a buyer in mind, next thing we hear is the house is in escrow.  

Also, why do they have to dress like call girls when they are at work? The camera shows them all strutting in to the office in sky high heels, do we know how far away they park because my feet would be screaming if I had to wear those heels and walk any sort of distance.  None of them look comfortable in what they are wearing on a daily basis, maybe that is why they might be bitchy, feet hurting, tugging on clothing, pulling it up or down.

What does the office personal really look like when the cameras are not there?

The blonde that had a baby by c-section and took 20 minutes to heal, something is just not right, did anyone feel the baby kick? Did she have a surrogate hidden in a closet under the stairs?  The hair extensions are the worst, ratty and unflattering.  

The brunette that is a real estate agent because her now deceased sister told her to do it, really? I am not buying it.

I have noticed the soft camera focus on all the women's faces which is a shame since they have all paid for fillers, botox, nose jobs, etc...

Are those women really selling houses and getting the commissions?

I am just watching this show now, starting on season 4, it just seems unreal to me, I think I even heard fake baby cries (when they were showing the new baby Christine says she had) when she brought the baby to the office.

Why do the husbands of these women (housewives included) trash the single girls, as in "we are doing things those women will never do like weekend trips, they can only dream of that," WTF?

I guess I am hate watching this show.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
23 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I guess that is how the listing agent mistakenly put Jason's name as the broker, lol.  Also, when she mentioned she was going to put a bid on the house he said, "Well I guess we will do whatever it takes to get you that house," or something close to it.  Isn't it unfair advantage to sleep with the boss?

Romain is here for the cameras. 

I think it is strange that all the agents sit in a communal office, their laptops open, silently (shopping?) looking on line, little to no phone calls, then the flurry of activity when they all start talking to each other. 

We don't see the genius marketing that goes in to putting a house on the market in a town where there are tons of homes over the 3 million dollar price, they all just happen to have a buyer in mind, next thing we hear is the house is in escrow.  

Also, why do they have to dress like call girls when they are at work? The camera shows them all strutting in to the office in sky high heels, do we know how far away they park because my feet would be screaming if I had to wear those heels and walk any sort of distance.  None of them look comfortable in what they are wearing on a daily basis, maybe that is why they might be bitchy, feet hurting, tugging on clothing, pulling it up or down.

What does the office personal really look like when the cameras are not there?

The blonde that had a baby by c-section and took 20 minutes to heal, something is just not right, did anyone feel the baby kick? Did she have a surrogate hidden in a closet under the stairs?  The hair extensions are the worst, ratty and unflattering.  

The brunette that is a real estate agent because her now deceased sister told her to do it, really? I am not buying it.

I have noticed the soft camera focus on all the women's faces which is a shame since they have all paid for fillers, botox, nose jobs, etc...

Are those women really selling houses and getting the commissions?

I am just watching this show now, starting on season 4, it just seems unreal to me, I think I even heard fake baby cries (when they were showing the new baby Christine says she had) when she brought the baby to the office.

Why do the husbands of these women (housewives included) trash the single girls, as in "we are doing things those women will never do like weekend trips, they can only dream of that," WTF?

I guess I am hate watching this show.

There was a brief moment (I believe last season) where one of the twins explained their new concierge service to clients to basically take on all the minor fix-ups/renovations/misc services to prepare a house for market in exchange for some money when the house sold. I’d be much more interested in seeing shows about how that business model is/is not working and anything else business related vs cat fighting. Though, I think most realtors like to keep their business trade secrets so that others don’t copy/go somewhere else with the info. 

Sigh, every time I bring up Netflix Season 4 is just sitting there like a bright, shiny present, but I just can’t bring myself to watch it given all the comments from this message board. I want a show about pretty people selling pretty houses, but that’s not what this show is 😢

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Atlanta said:

I feel bad for her, & I have absolutely no medical knowledge, but she had 2 miscarriages, & then gave birth to 2 babies, & then got pregnant again. Should she have given her body time to heal before getting pregnant again? From the article, it seems like this all happened in a little over 2 years time frame, I don't see how her body could support all those pregnancies without some rest & healing.

11 hours ago, GaT said:

Should she have given her body time to heal before getting pregnant again?

I don't know what "healing" after giving birth would look like exactly. 

Anyway, there was almost year between when she last gave birth and when she got pregnant again. I think her first two were closer together. 18 months between kids feels pretty normal to me. At her age, she may not have even been trying to prevent pregnancy. 

• Love 3
On 12/10/2021 at 2:49 PM, GaT said:

I feel bad for her, & I have absolutely no medical knowledge, but she had 2 miscarriages, & then gave birth to 2 babies, & then got pregnant again. Should she have given her body time to heal before getting pregnant again? From the article, it seems like this all happened in a little over 2 years time frame, I don't see how her body could support all those pregnancies without some rest & healing.

I came to share. Poor Maya. 

With a full term still birth sometimes medical science doesn’t have an explanation (at least yet). How absolutely awful for her. 

No I don’t think that her body could not support the pregnancy- she got to 38 weeks and something went wrong and the fetus died in utero. I hope she takes the time she needs to grieve and heal emotionally. It’s still a taboo thing in our society to deal with. 

• Love 2

I busted out laughing when he has the new girl try the glass of wine so he can obviously advertise that the brokerage ya know now has its own wine …..

Chrishell “do you know that reminds me of? You know that food that like is shellacked and it’s like in the bakery window. You don’t actually eat it.. it’s like that. 

twin brother yes I do know .. I’m totally insulted but I do know …

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Christine claiming the yoga scene was filmed while she was pregnant, not after.  

https://toofab.com/2021/12/12/christine-quinn-postpartum-depression-extremely-hurtful-on-show/

https://etcanada.com/news/846759/exclusive-christine-quinn-opens-up-about-her-postpartum-depression-and-ptsd-after-traumatic-childbirth-for-the-first-time/

She talks out of both sides of her mouth, claiming that she loves playing the villain, yet chastising everyone for not being more sympathetic. 

I find her utterly exhausting, Speaking of sympathy, she should try shutting her trap out of respect for Maya, who's actually dealing with a tragedy,

• Love 8

Vanessa is so annoying to me. She seems weirdly obsessed with Christine.

Christine and her husband are such dbags. Everyone is just jealous of them lol ok keep telling yourself that. No one wants to be around Christine because she’s a horrible toxic person. Lol at their weekend trips are something that the other ladies will never do in their whole life. The other ladies aren’t on welfare struggling. Shut up Christian. Your wife is with you only because you have money. Also while he has more money then I ever will have he’s not some billionaire. He’s not even the richest on the show.

And this is just bitchy but it annoys me when ppl name their kids after themselves lol.

Edited by Marley
  • Love 9

This season I felt like nothing happened. Did they put all of the good stuff in season 5? Seasons 2 and 3 ended with weddings so we at least had that along with houses, and HGTV has the rights to air Tarik and Heather’s wedding. 

• Love 1