Type keyword(s) to search

Selling Sunset - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Im new to this show, but knew Chrishell from Days (she plays “crazy” quite well).  I thought that Christine was going to be the worst, but Davina is just terrible.  Christine seems to have a personality.  And I actually kind of dug her wedding (minus Davina).

I really like Mary, but if she’s as good as they have depicted on the show, I wonder why she stays at that brokerage.  Regardless, she seems like she is the most loyal and down to earth of this group.  

I can’t get over Heather and how much she looks like Tarek’s ex, Christina.  Heather is cute, but I always thought Tarek was a bit of a tool.   I love his ex though.

Edited by AttackTurtle
  • Love 4

Woo! what a ride. I binged watched all 3 seasons... and can now stop lurking on this page...Agree with others that this show is just the type of petty, fluffy bullshit we all need right now. Completely mindless entertainment...

Mary - so far she's my favourite. Yea, she's got shit taste in men but she genuinely seems to be good at her job and is a good friend. Romain is an immature 25 y o man but he does seem to love her and to me, he's not hot enough to put up with his petulance and he also seems a bit dull. While his Davina hate is justified and entertaining, he comes off looking silly when he goes on his rants about her. She really got to him and just blanking her and rising above it would've been a better look. 

Chrishell -- I do think she was blindsided and as others have said I do not think she was that good of an actress. I admire her hustle and liked that she tried to do something charitable when selling these obscenely overpriced homes. Re her divorce and Justin's filing: unless you're running away from an abusive situation (a la Katie Holmes) what Justin did was shitty af. Via a phone call 45 minutes before the world knew? Via text???? that's stone cold.  If i was the new girlfriend, I would watch my back... that's bordering on sociopathic. 

Maya -- the best thing about Maya is she manages to be the ultimate shit stirrer but also super diplomatic. The skill in which she can stir the pot and yet remain inoffensive is quite stunning, really. I mostly like her for that reason because it shows she has some savvy and brains that the other ladies don't have.

Amanza -- Stop being late. Just stop it. In most professions, punctuality is a must, but especially where you're in the business of selling multimillion dollar houses to your clients. You can't expect people to part with millions when you waltz in a half hour late and make jokes about drying your hair out your car window. Not okay and not cute. That said, she does seem like a good friend. I don't know how much stagers and interior designers make but I almost feel like that maybe she should stick to that kind of work ... she seems to enjoy it...

Heather -- huge side eye to her coded overreaction to Amanza in season 2 which frankly struck me as a microagression against the lone POC in the cast. Amanza is the "rudest" person she's ever met? She's so "aggressive"? She's "evil"? Bitch, you're best friend is fucking Christine! I saw nothing that Amanza did that was as bad as the shit Christine (and also Davina) pulled. Please. She should of just called her an Angry Black Lady and be done with it. So glad you finally you approve of Amanza. Also also, I enjoyed her getting so upset about Davina and Christine calling out her thirsty ass. 

Christine -- this trick. You're not honest, you're just an asshole. I do not find her beautiful at all. She's interesting to look at because she's so over the top. She's like a cross between a Russian hooker, a basic blow up doll and an anime character. As another poster said (sorry forgetting who) she is not as smart as she thinks she is and her game is tired. She attacks and humiliates someone and then the next day blames it on the drink and apologizes and then gets pissed when people don't automatically trust her again. Rinse, repeat. I thought Chrishell declining to go to her engagement party was fair and understandable but she's (Christine) is a typical narcissist so anything but full on butt kissing is not ok. I actually prefer watching Christine work because she does seem to know what she's doing and in that setting I think she shines. But most of the time I can't stand her. I kinda hope her husband is a jerk too (for his own sake) otherwise he's going to be bled dry both emotionally and financially and he seems like a nice guy. I did enjoy her wedding and while it is not my aesthetic in the least, i liked her dress (the veil was dumb however) and the snow.

Also...I was disappointed that her and Karamo seemed to be buds because ... yea I thought he would have better taste than that.

The bobbsey twins. Two dudes with small man syndrome who think being surrounded by glamazons make them attractive when really it makes them look pathetic and weird.  Interesting they split up, wonder what went down there?

Now ... ahem ... Davina. WTAF? Is it really the time to force the "2 sides issue" and why do you care so much? Even if you think Chrishell 100% is at fault, why tell her when she's obviously hurting and in pain? Talk about "evil" behaviour Heather. What a complete bitch. Even Jason looked disgusted at her and even "no conflict" Mary went off. I felt for Chrishell. She was an open wound and basically Davina threw salt water all over her. It's interesting we don't see or hear much about Davina's personal life. I wonder if it is because she doesn't have one outside the office or if she keeps it private just to make sure no one does to her what she constantly does to others. It was odd she kept pushing the "2 sides" bit so hard. Maybe desperation to stay on the show but like others have said, she's not an entertaining villain like Christine. She's just... bad... I wouldn't miss her. 

And also, Adnan is a creepy bully - wouldn't surprise me if his millions are earned via shady means. He's the type of guy who you need to be able to stand up to him (similar to what Christine did) ... Davina comes across as a nervous little nitwit and he rolls all over her. His house is UGLY and is in no way worth that much money ... what on earth would someone be paying for? A pool and a guesthouse? A/C?  Plus it looks like it was decorated by a unicorn high on meth. No thanks. 

I wish there was more emphasis on the real estate and the actual selling like in season 1. I do find it interesting as the whole LA luxury real estate market is so so so far removed from my world and I am comforted to know that even if I did have that kind of money, I wouldn't want to live in 99% of the houses they show. Big blah glass boxes is the truth. 

• Love 8
13 hours ago, Klaw said:

Also...I was disappointed that her and Karamo seemed to be buds because ... yea I thought he would have better taste than that.

Oh, man I was super bummed about that too. I love all the Queer Eye dudes, and really thought Karamo had better sense than to hang out with that OTT narcissist.

13 hours ago, Klaw said:

The bobbsey twins. Two dudes with small man syndrome who think being surrounded by glamazons make them attractive when really it makes them look pathetic and weird.  Interesting they split up, wonder what went down there?

Wait, what? Did I miss something? The twins had a falling out?

@Klaw applauding and seconding your entire post! Sums up my feelings on this season as well. Agree on the houses. If I had stupid money to spend on a house, it would NOT be on a glass and concrete box on a hillside with a retaining wall for a backyard. I don't care how nice the inifinity pool is.

• Love 4
20 hours ago, Atlanta said:

@Klaw, Did you not adore Chrishell's sis Shonda? Everyone needs a Shonda in her life.

Yes! ITA! When she said she would pamper Chrishell, i didn't realize she meant literally! She seemed down to earth and normal and not at all jealous of her sister, which was a nice change from these type of shows.

19 hours ago, Cheezwiz said:

Wait, what? Did I miss something? The twins had a falling out?

I thought I saw a poster on here a few pages back which said that Brett went out on his own??? Maybe I missed that???

• Love 2
1 hour ago, NYGirl said:

Wow. Interesting. I wonder what really went down. And since Season 3 was kind of a big hit, I would have expected to have heard more publicity about it. I never saw a thing in the news. I can't tell the brothers apart, so I don't remember who had which backstory, but I wonder if one was uncomfortable filming the show?

• Love 4
19 hours ago, Cheezwiz said:

Wow. Interesting. I wonder what really went down. And since Season 3 was kind of a big hit, I would have expected to have heard more publicity about it. I never saw a thing in the news. I can't tell the brothers apart, so I don't remember who had which backstory, but I wonder if one was uncomfortable filming the show?

Jason tended to talk on camera more and lead the meetings.

I imagine this will be covered in the next season but I don't really know if there was technically a falling out.  They still seem to be hanging out together.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I imagine this will be covered in the next season but I don't really know if there was technically a falling out.  They still seem to be hanging out together.

One of the producers was on the Bachelor Party podcast and said it would be covered if there was a fourth season and that it wasn’t what a lot of people were speculating.

• Useful 3

It looks like the companies are still tied. I’d say it’s a business decision and if anything will be a prominent season four storyline where Christine and her minions are threatening to go with Brett because Jason favours Mary. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Romain described Davina perfectly, she's a snake. The way she went after Chrishell at the wedding was disgusting.  She's even more devious than Christine. 

I liked Maya in the beginning but now she's becoming problematic.  She thinks that saying "just kidding" after she states her true feelings makes it okay. 

I do believe Chrishell when she says she was blindsided.  She  most likely became desensitized to him always threatening to leave after an argument and therefore stopped taking him seriously. Texting your wife that you filed for divorce is extremely disrespectful.  I think Chrishell ignored a lot of red flags, including him not being supportive and going out of his way to be nice to the two snakes.

I love Mary, Chrishell and Amanza's friendship and by extention their friendship with Jason. 

• Love 12

Binged this show last week.  Most of the homes were too ostentatious for my taste, but there were a few that I liked. My favorites were the ones were Mary got married (Ha!), the one in the Valley that Chrishelle was showing to Larsa Pippen (and her twelve cars), the Spanish style home that Maya showed Chrishelle in season 1 and the one Christine showed Karamo in the last episode.

• Love 1

I truly believe that Chrishell was completely blindsided by Justin filing for divorce because something very similar happened to me (minus the fame and money, of course.) The way Chrishell reacted to it and the mix of disbelief and other emotions she expressed are practically a mirror image to my experience. Now I will say, after a lot of therapy, I realized that there were a lot of signs that the marriage was in trouble that I just didn't see at the time. And a lot of those things were partially my fault. But like Chrishell, I thought marriage was forever, through good times and bad. If I were a different kind of person, I probably would have seen it coming.

So even if there actually was "more to the story" regarding the state of their marriage, it doesn't mean Chrishell was faking her reaction to Justin ending it. It may not have been abrupt for him, but it was for her. And all of her coworkers (I'm looking at you Christine and Davina!) should have acknowledged that and supported her wholeheartedly.

Edited by Jsage
  • Love 10
On 9/19/2020 at 8:40 AM, Jsage said:

So even if there actually was "more to the story" regarding the state of their marriage, it doesn't mean Chrishell was faking her reaction to Justin ending it. It may not have been abrupt for him, but it was for her. And all of her coworkers (I'm looking at you Christine and Davina!) should have acknowledged that and supported her wholeheartedly.

Yes. I’m not married, so I admit I don’t know Jack shit about it- but it seems all Chrishell was doing was expressing her hurt and despair (and surprise) over her divorce. Why was that something that needed to be “defended”? There being two sides has nothing to do with Chrishell being hurt. She wasn’t denying Justin’s right to a side (or his right to leave her)- but she’s still entitled to her feelings. 

The most appropriate thing to say would just be “I’m so sorry for what you’re going through.”  

• Love 12

So Mary married at 16, was widowed, had a child, had a second short marriage that was unhealthy, returned to LA and had a long thing with one of the Oppenheim brothers, then married a very young third husband, and agreed to pretend that marriage hadn't yet happened so she could have a show wedding.

Sounds like Mary has quite a history.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, pasdetrois said:

... returned to LA and had a long thing with one of the Oppenheim brothers ...

I thought she said they only dated for a year. I think they knew each other/were friends for like maybe 5 years before that though. I don't remember exactly how long she said lol.

I didn't realize she was married at 16 and then he died. Wow, that's awful. I assume he was her son's father.

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I thought she said they only dated for a year. I think they knew each other/were friends for like maybe 5 years before that though. I don't remember exactly how long she said lol.

I didn't realize she was married at 16 and then he died. Wow, that's awful. I assume he was her son's father.

Yeah that was her son’s father. 

Being a teenage single mom is hard enough, and then to have the father die is tough. 

But one divorce and some other boyfriends in the 20yrs she was raising her son isn’t odd. I’m glad she didn’t end up having a kid with that douche guy she divorced. 

• Love 3

Hope things work out for Heather and Tarek. It looks like Tarek’s ex is already done with marriage #2 and she sounds lost and confused. For the kids’ sake I hope all the grownups get their acts together. 

On 9/27/2020 at 12:24 PM, Atlanta said:

I wonder if (as someone else had mentioned) that her and Romaine has a legal wedding due to immigration issues and then had the formal ceremony later and it worked well for the show.

That was me. 

On 9/27/2020 at 4:27 PM, peachmangosteen said:

Yea, I assumed that.

Yup.

I did a stint of immigration law right out of law school and that was fairly common. To get married to get the paperwork started (unless someone came to the USA on a K-1) and do a ceremony/reception later. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Stan39 said:

Not sure why Davina thinks she’ll still be on the show but hopefully Netflix moves on from her. She brought nothing to the show and is easily replaced. 

Utterly Bizarre, and yet somehow so Davina. Why on earth would she assume she'd still be a cast member if she no longer works for the Oppenheim Group? Glad to see her exit - she wasn't interesting to watch and  barely seemed competent in her profession.

• Love 5

Not that I like Davina but I can totally see her staying on the show even if she isn't with the Oppenheim Group. I wouldn't put it past the producers to make a rivalry storyline about Davina going out on her own. Her showing up to open houses trying to steal listings and clients. Sounds exactly like something they would do. 

• Love 5
On 8/13/2020 at 10:43 AM, peachmangosteen said:

I've been watching this for a few weeks and finally finished. I'm obsessed because it's very trashy and the episodes are short. Has it been renewed for a 4th season?

I thought Christine was bad but fucking hell Davina is heinous. What an absolutely horrible woman. I hope they don't bring her back if there's another season.

The other day I listened to a great podcast interview with Christine. Her personality is similar to how she is on the show, but she's much nicer. She said she knows she's on TV and plays up the drama and conflict accordingly. She an Amanza are actually good friends in real life. Go figure. 

She also admitted that Davina gets the villain's edit. Apparently Davina is German and therefore, is naturally more stoic than some Angeleans. But Christine says she laughs a lot and gets along well with her co-workers. And that part gets edited out. 

The podcast is called "Watch What Crappens," and it does hilarious recaps of Selling Sunset episodes and other Netlix/Bravo shows. Check it out.

On 9/10/2020 at 1:05 PM, spunky said:

I do believe Chrishell when she says she was blindsided.  She  most likely became desensitized to him always threatening to leave after an argument and therefore stopped taking him seriously. Texting your wife that you filed for divorce is extremely disrespectful.  I think Chrishell ignored a lot of red flags, including him not being supportive and going out of his way to be nice to the two snakes.

I agree. I think Chrishell even said that that fight sometimes, as all couples do, and Justin's retort is always, "That's it. I'm done." So it sounds like he's been emotionally fucking with her for a while, and she just put up with it.  Even if they've talked about divorce in the past, and you decide to pull the trigger, you don't inform your spouse with a text. What a jerk. I watch "This Is Us," and I must say that I don't like Kevin as much anymore because of who Justin is in real life. 

On 9/1/2020 at 2:35 PM, AttackTurtle said:

I can’t get over Heather and how much she looks like Tarek’s ex, Christina.  Heather is cute, but I always thought Tarek was a bit of a tool.   I love his ex though.

On 9/2/2020 at 4:40 PM, Atlanta said:

I must be the only one who doesn't think Heather and Christina Anstead look alike other than they both are blonde.

It depends on the angle. When I saw a picture of Tarek and Heather in People magazine, I thought "Wow. That lady looks just like Christine." On the show, she doesn't always look like her. But there was one TH interview this season when Heather wore her hair styled like Christina's--straight and parted slightly off center. In that interview, it was scary how much she looked like Christina. 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, topanga said:

She also admitted that Davina gets the villain's edit. Apparently Davina is German and therefore, is naturally more stoic than some Angeleans. But Christine says she laughs a lot and gets along well with her co-workers. And that part gets edited out. 

Speaking as an American who lives in Germany, I am amazed at Davina's English. I wish I could speak German half as well as she speaks English and she's also pretty much accent-less. Everybody has an accent, of course, but her German accent doesn't dominate or even come through.  

On 11/12/2020 at 4:01 PM, peachmangosteen said:

How long has Davina been in the US?

I listened to her on the Mouthing Off with Olivia podcast (with Olivia Caridi from The Bachelor). Davina is from Hamburg and went to an international high school there (which meant most, if not all, of her classes were in English) and went to Pepperdine. She didn’t give dates, but she’s been in the US since she was 18 or 19. She said she talks to her parents very regularly and always in German. 

The podcast was kind of interesting. We got more background about her and the show. Apparently she was filmed for season one, but the producers wanted to focus on houses, not condos. She was still doubling down on the “there’s two sides” thing, which was annoying. She seems to have a very black and white view of the world. But I didn’t come away with negative feelings about her. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

We binged all 3 seasons this weekend.  I enjoyed it more than I thought I would.  I was looking for something similar to Bling Empire.  This fit quite well. 

I can't stand Davina.  I don't like Christine either.  But at least she provides some entertainment with her outfits.   

• Love 4

Like so many of you, I got into this show after finishing  Bling Empire. Christine seems overly invested in being a Mean Girl, but I love her outfits. I'd also hire her to plan a party for me, but I dislike her tendency to use live animals as party decorations. She's totally Cruella DeVille as a young go-getter

Devine is so terrible,  it's kind of hilarious. Justin Hartley was nice to her one time at a party, so the divorce must be Chrishell's fault. 🙄 Can't argue with that logic. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
On 6/5/2021 at 7:37 PM, Atlanta said:

Did Christine use a surrogate? I can't help but wonder. Yes, she is already thin, but I've never seen a woman have that waist a few weeks after giving birth--even women who only gained a baby belly. 

The article said she had an emergency C-Section.  I have seen someone whose body looked to snap right back a week or two after birth.  She was young, naturally slim, a runner, wasn't wearing skimpy clothes and probably had good genetics but she could fit into her pre-pregnancy jeans. 

But if you look more closely at those pics, what her clothing is covering and the angles, there is likely some stomach camouflaging going on that'd be more noticeable if she let it all out.  And don't some Hollywood people have a tummy tuck right away? But she looks good.

• Love 3
On 6/5/2021 at 7:37 PM, Atlanta said:

Did Christine use a surrogate? I can't help but wonder. Yes, she is already thin, but I've never seen a woman have that waist a few weeks after giving birth--even women who only gained a baby belly. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9654633/Selling-Sunsets-Christine-Quinn-flaunts-incredible-figure-three-weeks-giving-birth.html

I am not sure. Some people just snap back. Her stomach does look very tight though, and there are no room for Spanx under that outfit. She could've had a tummy tuck along with her c-section, or just be fortunate in that way. This was her first baby and all women are different.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Marley said:

When is this show coming back? I feel like it’s been forever.

Not sure, but they have been filming. Didnt new episodes arrive last summer? So it has been about a year.

20 hours ago, Atlanta said:

Maybe not. They are both available and have spent a lot of time together. If they make each other happy, then why not. I could see it. Jason and his twin (I cannot remember the twin's name) are nice looking men, they are just "petite", but are nice looking.

• LOL 3