Type keyword(s) to search

The Morning Show In The Media

• Start Topic

This is an upcoming drama web series, already ordered for twenty episodes and was untitled until this week. Starring Reese Witherspoon, Jennifer Aniston, and Steve Carell.

https://tvline.com/2019/03/25/morning-show-trailer-jennifer-aniston-apple-series-video/

Written and EP’d by Bates Motel co-creator Kerry Ehrin, the project — which received a two-season, 20-episode order right out of the gate — is billed as “an inside look at the lives of the people who help America wake up in the morning, exploring the unique challenges faced by the women (and men) who carry out this daily televised ritual.” The series was originally conceived as a sitcom but the concept — and tone — shifted during the development process.

I just saw this trailer. Basically it is an "all about Eve" story. I am disappointed, not that I would be watching anyway. I am not getting multiple streaming services to watch different shows, maybe I will borrow it from the library when it is on DVD.

Reese interview on NPR Fresh Air:

https://www.npr.org/2019/11/14/778863995/from-book-to-script-to-screen-reese-witherspoon-is-making-roles-for-women

On 10/28/2019 at 12:56 PM, Minneapple said:

Early reviews are in for this show and they are not that great. TV Line says it's straight up awful.

TV Line

Time

Rolling Stone

Yikes. This was one show I actually wanted to watch and considered trying out Apple + for it, but now I'm going to wait and see if it improves. 

The Watch podcast by The Ringer says TMS improves after 3 or 4 episodes.

Golden Globe nominations!

Best Television Series – Drama
Jennifer Aniston: Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series – Drama
Reese Witherspoon: Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series – Drama

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

These days, Lee can be found playing the ambitious, Gen-Z-literate former media-company president Stella Bak on The Morning Show, which returned for its second season last month. Vogue recently spoke with Lee about the series, her avoiding social media in her own life, and Stella’s inimitable style. Read the full interview below.

VOGUE - Greta Lee on The Morning Show Season 2, Taking Cues From Elizabeth Holmes, and Her Character’s Anti-Heels Stance

28C21C82-2B59-407E-909E-1EE51A7803D4.jpeg

On 11/20/2021 at 8:37 AM, SnazzyDaisy said:

‘The Morning Show’ EP On Season 2 Finale, Teases Season 3 Time Jump, More Bradley & Laura

Note: Apple has yet to announce a season 3 pick-up of The Morning Show.

Well, at least she recognizes the Cory-Stella relationship as being interesting (one of the only things this season that turned out that way, imo). From that I don't get the impression that Cory/Bradley is going anywhere, thank goodness. It almost felt like that was something dangling over from last season that they felt they had to make him say out loud, but hopefully they drop it now. If the show continues (I get the feeling it probably will. Maybe one more season).

2 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

Renewed for Season 3!

I thought Season 2 was mostly a mess, but I'll admit that I kind of love this ridiculous show.

Mind blowing. Considering some of the tv shows that get cancelled each year. I think the star power influenced the decision. Will I watch? Probably not. But maybe?????? So bad, yet can it get better? Can't it???? 🙄

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I can’t believe it’s been renewed.  Season 2 was a fail, imo, but with this cast why can’t they make it good?  I don’t understand it.  I’d volunteer to help them with with some ideas and scripts for a very fair salary. Lol. I’m serious.    I suspect the problems are due to ego filled producers who are not focused on the project.  They don’t seem to consider how these scripts come off or what the viewer thinks about the character’s actions.  One thing they should ask themselves at least once a day, is does this make sense?  To me, there is a trend in tv series lately where the writers want the viewer to hate the characters….all the characters….it’s crazy, but seems to be the new.🤷‍♀️

I liked season 1, but it’ll take a big change from last season for me to pay for more Appletv.  I wasn’t very impressed.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

Nicole Beharie Joins The Morning Show

Beharie will play Christina Hunter, “a grounded, competitive, and charismatic millennial who is a new anchor on The Morning Show,” according to the official character breakdown. “Christina works hard, plays hard, and navigates the Teacup* with good-humored irreverence.”

* The Teacup, according to November 2019 article in Architectural Digest, is the name of the show-within-a-show’s plexiglass anchor desk.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

‘The Morning Show’ Gets Season 3 Premiere Date On Apple TV+; First-Look Photos

The 10-episode third season will return Sept. 13 with two episodes, followed by a weekly Wednesday release.

“This season, the future of the network is thrown into question and loyalties are pushed to the brink when a tech titan takes an interest in UBA. Unexpected alliances form, private truths are weaponized, and everyone is forced to confront their core values both in and out of the newsroom.”

8 hours ago, jmnf19 said:

The first and second episodes of Season 3 are up now. Free to everyone, I believe. 

Thanks for that heads up. My latest free trial ran out, and I’ve been waiting for a good deal to resubscribe, but this will hold me over for a while. 

• Like 1

‘The Morning Show’ Director Mimi Leder on That Episode 6 Sex Scene: ‘That’s What Love Does — It Makes You Crazy’

It was a closed set, and two very grown-up actors who really understood the nature of the storytelling and were very much a part of it. We wanted it to be sensitive. We wanted it to be sexy. We wanted it to be adult. We wanted it to be emotional. They really let go. They’re great actors. And there you have it.

• Like 2