Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E12: Chimney Begins

ESS
  • Start Topic

I didn't mind the Chimney-focused episode, seeing how undirected and silly he was before he found his calling, lost his best friend and got serious about life. I am not a JLH fan, but was pleasantly surprised that her presence hasn't bothered me much. Now...if they kill him off and she lives, I'll be super annoyed.

Also, I know it was manipulative throughout and I was okay with that - but it tipped the scale to kind of pissing me off when we ended the episode essentially in the same spot we ended the one before it. Give me something to progress the story. Give me Buck finding him and calling 9-1-1 in the final seconds. Something!

And do they really want us to believe that little ol' Chimney was able to pick up that big, bulky fireman and haul him out of a burning building like a sack of potatoes? Really? 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Lunula said:

Also, I know it was manipulative throughout and I was okay with that - but it tipped the scale to kind of pissing me off when we ended the episode essentially in the same spot we ended the one before it. Give me something to progress the story. Give me Buck finding him and calling 9-1-1 in the final seconds. Something!

Wasn't the whole episode designed for him to be his life literally flashing before his eyes? So we are seeing what is taking place in real time from his point of view only?

• Love 3
7 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Wasn't the whole episode designed for him to be his life literally flashing before his eyes? So we are seeing what is taking place in real time from his point of view only?

Yes, and we did hear Maddie talking to him - having apparently found him - in the emergency room scene. And, if I recall, the voices of EMTs. I did find it a little odd that the last scene was just him alone, but it was a very tight shot.

• Love 2

I loved this episode. I thought it was fantastic! I haven't ever been a huge fan of JLH but I've really enjoyed the role of Maddie and her. I was skeptical at first but I'm open minded enough to not let blind hate color my perception. She seems to really support the show and her co workers. 

Choi may or may not be leaving but if he is, I can't possibly see how it would be JLH's fault. It would make more sense to say that the addition of Eddie led to trimming the cast. Which speaking of, I want to see Eddie's adorable son again. 

• Love 5
On 3/26/2019 at 9:55 AM, Zoe said:

For that reason I knew he wasn't going to die yet!

I'm a little late to the 9-1-1 party and am just on Season 2.   I'm wondering if his nickname came about because he got stuck in a "Chimney" rescuing an animal or something.   Hopefully it's been revealed at some point since it's now in Season 5.