Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E04: Making Up Is Hard to Do

• Start Topic

On 3/31/2019 at 11:08 AM, Sterling said:

Wealthy, high-powered NYC men have so many younger options, and Tinsley is out of their age range.

The ones who eventually want to marry, want to play around as NYC 20-somethings, and then in their 30's, they find a 20-something girl, move to Connecticut, and c'est la vie.  Although many of those men go on to have affairs in the city.

Yeah, if she’s serious about finding that all important “match” finally, Tinsley either needs to go for *much* older wealthy men than her current preference(such as in the case of Ericka Gerardi or Anna Nicole Smith and the rich older guys they snagged), or learn to start looking outside of her comfort zone. Poorer, average nice guys are outside of the UES, at least.

Otherwise she’ll be stuck in the same pathetic little dating field of used-up old trolls that Ramona, Lu, and Sonja still fight over. Personally, I’d learn to just be happy as a single broad rather than battle over those scraps of sad specimens. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 16
11 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

I'm old, but I didn't mind it--made the segment interesting.  I was especially interested in all the pearl-clutching of the othe Ho'wives.  As for "who does that?"  A needy attention/famewhore would be my first guess.   An adventurous female would be my second.  I'd love to have been watching.  I haven't seen or participated in anything similar.

That entire scene seemed to be a plant to me.  Sonja thinking yeah let me do something edgy to get some screen time set that sh!t up.  I personally was unmoved.  It's not 1996 and that sort of stuff isn't as shocking as it once was.  It kinda speaks more to who Sonja is and IMO I believe she still thinks it's the 90s and doing that sort of thing will get the tounges wagging the same way she keeps calling her male, gay friends MY GAYS!  GAH that bugs me to no end!  You didn't buy them they aren't yours stop doing that!

I did laugh at B's description of the kissing--say what you will about her but she has all the best one liners 😆

• Love 11
On 3/31/2019 at 3:16 PM, ChitChat said:

Because men can be pigs.  Granted, I'm sure there's a lot going on behind the scenes that we don't know about, but I think a lot of them want the thrill of someone younger and something new.  It's too easy to toss someone aside for one's own selfish pleasure.  We read about it all too often in the news, and I've seen it with bosses that both me and Mr. Chat have worked for.  It's really sad when you've got a front row seat watching someone (the man in these cases) throw away a lovely wife and kids for somebody half their age.  Again, pigs (and so are the women who help destroy a marriage.)    I could rant on, but I'll leave it at that.  😉 

You know?  You are right.  When I worked for a big company, I’d say about two thirds of the managers and V.P,s had girlfriends, and the wives and kids were home.  Some even had apartments in the city, and the houses with wives and kids in the suburbs. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

When I worked for a big company, I’d say about two thirds of the managers and V.P,s had girlfriends, and the wives and kids were home.  Some even had apartments in the city, and the houses with wives and kids in the suburbs. 

As much as I'd like to believe that women wouldn't do this to each other (cheat with said scum bag knowing he's married), but sadly, there's an apparent attraction for men of means and power - other family be damned.  I can't remember if it was mentioned who Sonja cheated with.   I wonder if it was worth it to her.  

5 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

I believe she still thinks it's the 90s and doing that sort of thing will get the tounges wagging the same way she keeps calling her male, gay friends MY GAYS!  GAH that bugs me to no end!  You didn't buy them they aren't yours stop doing that!

Thank you for saying that!  I have mentioned this from time to time in these forums.  Aren't those guys offended?  I guess as long as they're getting screen time they don't care.  Shrugs shoulders. 

• Love 5
16 hours ago, ChitChat said:

Thank you for saying that!  I have mentioned this from time to time in these forums.  Aren't those guys offended?  I guess as long as they're getting screen time they don't care.  Shrugs shoulders. 

WORD!  I've listen to podcasts hosted by gay men and they all seem to be in love with Sonja and no one, to my knowledge, has every brought up the "my gay" thing.  They completely ignore/forget about it and just talk about the zany, silly, drunk Sonja.  *shrug* 

Maybe I'm being too hard on her because when she isn't doing that sort of stuff she is fun.  Like at the clambake she was just great but typical Sonja eventually she's does something that either bugs me to know end.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

WORD!  I've listen to podcasts hosted by gay men and they all seem to be in love with Sonja and no one, to my knowledge, has every brought up the "my gay" thing.  They completely ignore/forget about it and just talk about the zany, silly, drunk Sonja.  *shrug* 

Maybe I'm being too hard on her because when she isn't doing that sort of stuff she is fun.  Like at the clambake she was just great but typical Sonja eventually she's does something that either bugs me to know end.

Ben and Ronnie of Watch What Crappens usually call Sonja on her "my gays" nonsense.

• Love 3

Luann ...  ten minutes on putting soup in a freakin container, wtf?  And, she kisses the Team Leader twice on the cheeks, a guy she never met before.  Although I like Luann, three seasons of her is too much already.  The wedding, the divorce, the arrest.  It’s too much with her.  Now the Cabaret schtick.  Does it ever end?  Now, I guess it’s the Sonja year.  I want more of Bethenny, as she is colorful and at least she makes me laugh.  Maybe she will have a tussle with Jill and give us some action.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 3/27/2019 at 10:27 PM, Kdawg82 said:

Returning to post just one time bc I love my NYC ladies. Why is Ramona coming off the most sane in the whole group?! It's like she owns her age & what people think of her and leans into it all.  Kadooz,  Ramona! Saying she speaks "only English and even then sometimes struggles..." Hahaha awesome. 

Dorinda came off in the final scene with Barbara like she had been drinking all day already. Methinks Dorinda doesn't need "naps" but she actually passes out. She's taking this LuAnn breakup hard and deflecting. Lu isn't right either. She needs to give in to Dorinda 's love and then maybe help her out as well. I think Lu may be making excuses bc she cant drink anymore & it's probably a beloved activity she had in common with Dorinda for most of their 13 year history. But I feel for Dorinda in her pain. I think she's a pretty good egg underneath it all but she fights DIRRRTY.

I 100 percent agree about the napping part🍸🍺🍸🍷🍺🍻🥂

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Lynnlynnlynn586 said:

I 100 percent agree about the napping part🍸🍺🍸🍷🍺🍻🥂

I’m sure they will be making up shortly, as they all have to go up to the Bezerkshires for the Halloween Party.

Does anyone else here find Dale annoying as hell too?  She brings nothing to the show except aggravation.  I’m actually looking forward to Jill coming on, and I never really liked her.

Sonja is really getting to be a little Miss Piggy more than usual.

Bethenny needs a story line.  I would love to see her interacting with Brynn as a mother, but of course that will never happen.

I read somewhere that Ramona and Mario were spending some time together?  I wish.  Could it be true?

• Love 2
On 3/27/2019 at 10:46 PM, HunterHunted said:

It's funny because the bag's namesake, Jane Birkin, used to load her bag up with a ton of shit. She doesn't really carry it any longer because it's too heavy.

She also only had one at a time and would slap stickers on them.  She used them until they fell apart and then got another one.  Totally the opposite of the way they are generally treated now.

On 3/27/2019 at 11:35 PM, JakeyJokes said:

God's Love we Deliver was the charity long championed by Joan Rivers -- her Celebrity Apprentice winnings went to them and in the documentary about her she makes deliveries. I miss her so much.

I feel for Tinsley, but GIRL. You are never gonna move to Chicago. Scott tried living in NYC and hated it. You're hanging on just to hang on.

Joan also volunteered there for 25 years, bringing her grandson to deliver meals with her each Thanksgiving.  She didn't just show up for the spotlight like Luann did.  

On 3/27/2019 at 11:59 PM, biakbiak said:

So this was not a good advertisement for Ramona’s matchmaker! 

Am I crazy or did she not have a show on Bravo already?

On 3/28/2019 at 10:45 AM, Gem 10 said:

Im wondering if Scott wants Tinsley to move to Chicago and marry him.  Is she staying here just to be on the show?  If that’s the case, she should just move.  She did live in Florida after all.  What is she waiting for?

Tins could have done with Megan did on OC and lived in Chicago for most of the year and then just lived in NY for the few months of filming.  They either could have gotten a small apartment in the city or she could continue to rent a penthouse for those months.  No need for her to drop her job.  

On 3/28/2019 at 11:32 AM, sasha206 said:

I actually understood her point.  For a rental, she can just refresh her place and get some good $ for it.  If she were to sell it, she should do what Barbara suggested for top dollar.  

Meanwhile, both her and Barbara have terrible taste in decor.

Even if she wants to rent it, though, she's going to need to do some work.  No way in hell would I pay to rent a place that had wires sticking out of the ceiling instead of actual lights and that desperately in need of a paint job.  It's one thing to not have any options and not be able to afford something better and have to live in something that is falling apart, but that's not what Dorinda is going to be charging.  She's going to want top dollar for the property but she wants to rent it in subpar conditions.

On 3/28/2019 at 12:37 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

See...I am not convinced that what Dorinda did was a heckle.  According to the interweb, a heckle is to "interrupt a public speaker with derisive or aggressive comments or abuse."  This can definitely be argued both ways, and I certainly wouldn't be mad if Judge Judy decided to take up the case, but my position is that a) Luann doesn't do anything important enough at these appearances to amount to "speech;" it's more like abuse of the English language (and the intelligent members of the audience); b) Dorinda wasn't being abusive per se; she was just giving a shout-out to the designer and; c) I think that if the relationship had been solid at the time, no one would have blinked at Dorinda shouting the name of Luann's dress designer at an already raucous performance.  I'm not so sure we can add intent to it just because we are privy to the fact that they were arguing beforehand.  I think we have to look at the situation on its face, and there's not enough there for me to render it a "heckle."  MMV.

I could get behind this if she'd only said it once or twice.  She did it repeatedly and seemed to be getting louder and more self satisfied.  If I remember correctly, the first time Tinsley may have even joined in with her, thinking it was kind of a fun little cheer, since Lu had said something about liking her gowns.  So, Dorinda is all "JOVANI!" and Tinsley is thinking it's in good fun and they're giving a shout out and does it too.  But, quickly it turned and was just Dorinda, repeatedly yelling "JOVANI!" constantly with no provocation.  Even if she had wanted to give the designer a shout out, she'd done it after saying it once or twice and it certainly doesn't make the designer look good with the name constantly being yelled out in a disruptive way mid-act.  

On 3/28/2019 at 7:04 PM, njbchlover said:

I agree with you on a personal level, but in the realm of Real Housewives, I think something else.  Especially with Luann, whom I have always liked.  She's really disappointing me so far this season.

Bethenny has gone after Luann time and time and time again over all these seasons of the show - calling her a snake in the grass, a whore, a slut, a snob, etc.  And yet, Luann continues to forgive, forget and move on.  Why?  Because it's Bethenny, and she's supposedly so powerful?  Because Bethenny was involved in Luann's intervention?  I can't recall Bethenny ever offering any apologies for anything she's ever said about/to Luann.

Dorinda said some pretty nasty things once (as far as we know) to Luann, in one altercation, and heckles her a bit at her cabaret show, and now, Luann is all angry and expecting an abject apology from Dorinda?  I'm not saying that Dorinda is an innocent, or is not accountable for her actions, but she has already apologized over and over again for the Cartegna debacle.  She was angry at the caberet show and displayed her anger.  She should apologize for that, as well, but Dorinda had a valid point with how much she's done and been there for Luann throughout the years - much more than Bethenny has, imo.  

Bethenny actually apologizes quite a bit.  I honestly don't recall if she apologized for calling Lu a snake, because that was roughly 100 years ago.  But, she did apologize pretty quickly for calling her a whore and a slut.  Generally if Bethenny says something about someone, she'll stand by what she said (in that she doesn't try to say they misunderstood her or whatever), and if the person says it hurt them, then she also owns that and apologizes.  She did it with Ramona at the reunion last year, initially she wasn't thrilled with what Ramona had said and felt Ramona was trying to wiggle out of things, but then she said, I get it, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said it.  And she also apologized to Tinsley at the reunion.  And, I believe Dorinda as well.  

Dorinda was nasty to Luann in Cartagena.  Yes, Luann did say she was starting to turn, but Dorinda then flipped out about Luann having a mugshot.  Dorinda also was less than pleasant at the cabaret.  Dorinda also wasn't exactly kind at the reunion, she could have been a bit more discreet about her close friend's behavior if she knew she was truly hurting and spiraling.  Does Luann have to own what she did? Yep.  Do I think Luann ran to rehab to avoid having to answer to the lawsuit her kids filed? Absolutely.  But, those are thoughts I wouldn't express on tv about someone I considered to be a good friend.

On 3/29/2019 at 9:12 AM, Juliegirlj said:

Luann “ overdoes” it when she is happy too. Alcohol has negatively impacted all her personal relationships, her finances, her job, etc.....

If it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, acts like a duck....it’s probably a duck. 

I know Luann doesn't see herself as having a drinking problem.  If you had asked me back when she first got arrested if I thought she had one, I'd have said yes, because obviously drinking is a problem in your life if you get arrested for threatening to kill a cop.  BUT at that time, I didn't think that she needed to stop drinking forever, necessarily.  That said, at this point, I think she really does need to look at things and consider whether drinking is a good plan for her.  Sometimes people have a problem with alcohol that isn't so much falling down in the gutter drunk, but it's just not really a productive thing in their lives and I think with Lu, she's really finding herself in more and more drinking related issues.  Not drinking seems like it might be a net positive.

On 3/29/2019 at 2:17 PM, Gem 10 said:

How about people taking packets of milk home from the diner like Dorinda, hahaha.  Milk in your purse?  How low can you go.  The more money, the cheaper.  A close relative of mine (sister) once asked my husband to take a nice steak knife from a restaurant for her.  Of course, he didn’t.    BTW, about Dorinda.  She’s too intense, too sensitive, and has a quote for every little thing.  She sort of thinks like an old lady.  I would be very uncomfortable around her.  She’s very critical too.

I'm thinking Dorinda may be like a great aunt of mine.  She felt that if something was put down on the table at a restaurant/diner, it was being provided for her personal use at any time in the future.  They weren't offering her choices of jelly for her toast in case she might want strawberry instead of grape.  Nope, they were stocking her cabinets at home! Need syrup for your pancakes? No problem, here's 4 little packets from the diner! No need to buy a bottle.  

On 3/29/2019 at 5:24 PM, KungFuBunny said:

Luann starts talking about her new round house (Did she move into a yurt?) Luann said something about it being good Feng Shui (it isn't if bad energy enters - that energy just goes round and round and surrounds the occupants)

Now picturing the devil skating around Lu's house like it was a roller rink back in the day . . . 

• Love 1

Finally catching up today.  Luann, stop with how “difficult” your probation is.  YES, you need permission to leave the state, read the damn court order.  You got off very lightly considering the charges.  The least you can do it follow the rules.

sonja, stop with saying you never had a leak in the townhouse.  One, you said no one caulks” like you, which you only do for leaks.  Also, there was a stain on the other side of the wet drape.  I can’t even start with the hoarder basement.  How was this a “long-term renter?” Seems like it was just a couple of months?

dorinda, shut up.  You should remember that there were cameras.  Throwing Sonja under the bus was bad (about the papers on the lawsuit).

so tinsley’s mom has a redeeming value, she does needlepoint.  That’s all I have on those 2.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 4/3/2019 at 11:40 PM, smores said:

I could get behind this if she'd only said it once or twice.  She did it repeatedly and seemed to be getting louder and more self satisfied. 

I thought she did it each time LuAnn came onstage in another JOVANI!