Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E07: A Bachelor No More

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

I think the "going away" clothes are a thing of the past.  Mostly because most couples do not leave their reception early anymore, they stay to the end.  They have no need to rush off and be alone together for the first time.

I think the  "going away" outfit has re-incarnated as another "dress" for the reception.

Meaning the bride will change into another dress (that required as much shopping and pre-worry as the main dress ) for the reception after formal pictures.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Regarding Lauren, does anyone else get the vibe her dramatics aren't about the baby but rather her failure to complete a step in her Convert Josiah mission? She's going to turn him into a Stepford Gothard Husband come hell or high water and losing the pregnancy was a major setback. 

She's been crying every morning over the fact that she lost out on the first-year baby bonus (as specified in the marriage contract she signed). Don't worry, girl--you've still got a couple months left. If you hustle, you can still squeak out the first-year pregnancy bonus!

• LOL 7

Why were Jinger and Jeremy so shocked that Jessa was pregnant? Bin probably doesn't even find sex enjoyable anymore because he knows his fun time will result in a baby in 9 months. Their lives suck.

• LOL 5
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

Why were Jinger and Jeremy so shocked that Jessa was pregnant? Bin probably doesn't even find sex enjoyable anymore because he knows his fun time will result in a baby in 9 months. Their lives suck.

Two words: birth control  I still cannot understand why they any of them are shock when one of them ends up pregnant. A person with half a brain can figure no birth control and sex can equal pregnancy. If Bin does not want more children then he needs to step up to the plate so to speak and do something about it.

Jana said she was doing the decorating because JD is her twin, but I think it was just dumped on her. The sisters must be too busy glorying in motherhood. God forbid Michelle lifts a finger. I agree JD and Abbie are cute, and he looks so smitten with her. Most of the guys with their wives look arrogant(Derek) or scared(Josiah).

• Love 7
2 hours ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

There’s a difference in how you act when you want attention and that’s what she’s doing. It’s infuriating and exhausting. 

Exactly.  She's a product of a sheltered upbringing, where the definition of maturity is being of marriageable age.  Emotional immaturity /need for attention doesn't go away when you say "I do".

• Love 6

I distain watch this but damned JD and Abbey really are in love and I hope it works for them. Totally stupid reception but what else would Jana do all episode.

Lauren can just stop with her continuing tragedy- we get it, you lost a pregnancy but I run from anything OB related so I don't know how much blood could she have lost? Can't walk? Not in the hospital? Not buying what you are selling kid. I lost two early pregnancies- probably the same as Lauren and nope, can't see it happening as she states.

• Love 16
10 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Jess announcing she is pregnant is like announcing water is wet....

What?! Water is wet?! When did this happen?! Why did no one tell me this?! I am in shock!!! Total blessed, special, change of life shock!!!

6 hours ago, Lunera said:

Lauren's voice really grates my nerves, it's even more annoying than Pricilla Waller's. It was sad when she started tearing up when she realized that Josiah actually cared for her and not just himself. All he did was the bare minimum around the house because she was freaking bleeding out. There is nothing to that relationship, they aren't focused on growing as a couple just thinking about getting pregnant as soon as they can.

Lauren's voice always makes me think of a 17th or 18th century girl who survived TB.  Or some other terrible disease of the lungs.

Or she sounds like she is an asthmatic, with her weak, breathy voice and short little breaths taken mid-sentance.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
33 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

What?! Water is wet?! When did this happen?! Why did no one tell me this?! I am in shock!!! Total blessed, special, change of life shock!!!

Season of life! Season of life, not change of life!

• LOL 6
6 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

JD circled the reception and dipped his wing...that was his salutation to the crowd.....

Geez...I must have the munchies! I read this and wondered if it was bleu cheese dressing or ranch or what, and how did dipping the wing signal some sort of departure! LOL

• LOL 19
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Not buying what Lauren is selling. 

Lauren didn't even call Jill to bring her medical thingies, so how serious could it be? 

(Not minimizing the emotional or physical pain of anyone who has had a miscarriage, but Lauren is a bit much). 

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, awaken said:

Why did they forego the first look?  I’m curious. 

I am thinking they went with the tradition of bride and groom not seeing each other before the wedding?   Of course, I am the oldster who made a reference to 'going away" clothes so what do I know.  

Our daughter and her husband skipped the first look as well, although there is a picture of her looking out the upstairs window at the groom and his attendants having pictures made.

• Love 3

The only way a Jilly pregnancy will make its way back onto the show is if she is TLC's new Octomom/Kate Plus 8.....whelping 8 spawn in her womb...even then  if Dreck is onscreen for more than a few seconds he will say something stupid or tweet something offensive and kill the TLC deal...

Someone needs to tell Jinger water is wet so she can do better fake acting when the obvious is announced to her next time...she needed a Take 2...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

I didn't understand why Abby didn't change out of her wedding dress to get onto the plane? Also, can small planes just land at small airports, or what? If just small, most of them close after dark, and I wonder where they eventually landed, and how they got from that air field to anywhere else without a car? And her stuck walking around in a wedding dress?

• LOL 3

Betcha John flew them to their "little house" so they could have actual alone time to do the do while the rest of the horde is still in Oklahoma eating bacon....

He would have a Duggar car parked at the home airfield so they can be alone for their first sexy time.....

No time to change...the faster they got  away from the reception the more time they had for themselves....

4 hour drive from Stratford, OK back to the Dugg compound.... 45 minute flight....you do the math....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 3

Mazel Tov, John and Abbie. L'Chaim !!!

I actually am, in real life, happy for you both. It's refreshingly refreshing to actually see two ADULTS in love, in a state of excitement (OK, fine. mainly to get laid and share the goods but still-excitement).

But TLC, please for all that is holy get that fucking imbecile Lauren and her whispering woes off of my screen. Better yet, marry that bitch off to Josh or DerPRICK. Then she would be banned from TV. Wooo Hoooo. Yes, do it TLC.

There are so many reasons I can't stand her....so many. I am just so grateful in this season of my life that she is not a co-worker or in-law of mine. I would have to duct tape her mouth shut. Ewwww, she irks my last and final nerve.

Michelle was smoking hot in her haggard overgrown, fried head of hair and a gingham shirt looking all Hee Haw at her littles wedding.

Edited by Fig Newton
  • LOL 16
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

10 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Did someone tell Jill !!!!!!??

Someone must have told Jill. She mentioned it when she posted her recipe for ice cubes.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

If Lauren was bleeding so badly that she had to be physically carried, that is called hemorrhaging and she should have gone to the ER, or at least her doctor. She was very early into the pregnancy, right? I also call BS.

• Love 19

She was in the first month or two of pregnancy. Is it even possible to bleed so heavily you feel faint? Wouldn't it be (at most) like a heavy period?

Sure seems like Josiah picked someone who reminded him of his mom (in the narcissism department). 🙄

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
53 minutes ago, debbie311 said:

If Lauren was bleeding so badly that she had to be physically carried, that is called hemorrhaging and she should have gone to the ER, or at least her doctor. She was very early into the pregnancy, right? I also call BS.

Right, & wouldn't you want to know that there was nothing that would prevent a future pregnancy? I only have 2 sons, if something that "tragic" happened to me I'd want to know from a Dr. that everything was ok and I should be able to carry a baby to term the next time.

• Love 10
36 minutes ago, graefin said:

She was in the first month or two of pregnancy. Is it even possible to bleed so heavily you feel faint?

I'm guessing that Lauren (like me) feels faint at the sight of blood, and knowing what that blood probably signified made it worse. I've hit the floor getting a blood test. I think something similar happened to her but she had to up the drama by claiming it was from blood loss.

• Love 12

Isn't it funny that Abbie considers herself a sparkly glitter type of girl yet I don't think we have ever seen her wear anything with sparkles or glitter on it (besides wedding & bridesmaids gowns?)  The way they go on & on about it, you would think she would be a rep/model  for Quacker Factory on QVC (for those of you not familiar with QF, it is a clothing line (mostly for the middle age & older set) whose clothes are adorned with sparkles, crystals, fancy beads, glitter etc.   I don't think we've ever seen her with even a sparkly barrette in her hair.

Does anyone else think it's weird she said "After getting in my wedding dress, I DECIDED to reveal it to my bridesmaids."  Like showing the bridesmaids was an afterthought or she was up in air about letting them see her at all but then she "decided" to show them. How were the bridesmaids not going to see her in her gown before the ceremony?  Sounds like that line was TLC written but I think it was a stupid choice of words. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
29 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

Isn't it funny that Abbie considers herself a sparkly glitter type of girl yet I don't think we have ever seen her wear anything with sparkles or glitter on it (besides wedding & bridesmaids gowns?)  The way they go on & on about it, you would think she would be a rep/model  for Quacker Factory on QVC (for those of you not familiar with QF, it is a clothing line (mostly for the middle age & older set) whose clothes are adorned with sparkles, crystals, fancy beads, glitter etc.   I don't think we've ever seen her with even a sparkly barrette in her hair.

Does anyone else think it's weird she said "After getting in my wedding dress, I DECIDED to reveal it to my bridesmaids."  Like showing the bridesmaids was an afterthought or she was up in air about letting them see her at all but then she "decided" to show them. How were the bridesmaids not going to see her in her gown before the ceremony?  Sounds like that line was TLC written but I think it was a stupid choice of words. 

She never struck me as a sparkly type. 

• Love 6
On 3/25/2019 at 11:38 PM, cereality said:

And I felt sad for Jana when she was at the plane saying bye to JD and Abby. I don’t know something about that moment was just sad, as her twin was flying off excited about his new life and she was left home. Honestly if she had a business or a job I wouldn’t have felt as bad because he’d be going off to his new life, and she’d be heading off to something of her own as well.

That was a sad but really sweet moment. 

On 3/26/2019 at 3:12 PM, Jenniferbug said:

So if no one but Jeremy (and I think Ben though he say either way) knew Zoolander, I'd like an explanation of how they all attempted the same exaggerated pouty lipped Blue Steel face. Were they shown a photo to imitate? If not, then bullshit on their "I have no idea who or what that is". They may not have seen the movie, but they know. 

I'm almost sure they were shown a picture of Blue Steel. For legal reasons they probably couldn't show it on the show?  And I really hope Jeremy had Jinger watch it after they had to film about it.  No one should live without having seen Zoolander.  I was so excited when Zoolander 2 showed up as an option for me to watch on a flight home one time lol 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, graefin said:

She was in the first month or two of pregnancy. Is it even possible to bleed so heavily you feel faint? Wouldn't it be (at most) like a heavy period?

TMI, but I’ve had “normal” periods so heavy that I felt faint, without even the possibility of a miscarriage being involved. I don’t doubt that Lauren is a bit of a drama llama, but I could at least see a grain of truth behind that. 

• Love 6
On 3/26/2019 at 5:24 PM, MsJamieDornan said:

So, it's Jill's turn to be pregnant next?

while hubby is a 2nd yr law student and she has a history of 10lb babies with 20 hrs of labor that are delivered via emerg c-sect ???

Naww hubby better pull out, , count the days on the menstrual calendar,  or wear a cover - assuming he has the energy for extra curricular activities being a 1st yr  law student

Edited by sATL
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

Hate myself for knowing this...Abbie was wearing a subtle sparkly pink dress when JD proposed at the Fredericksburg Airport...you have to look closely (loathing yourself in the meanwhile) and you see little crystals or something reflecting in the fabric.....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 7
4 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I thought the same thing!  And some of her bridesmaids were her sisters - they NEVER saw the dress?  Oh well, I guess just a little bit of added drama ...

• Love 2
23 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I had two miscarriages at 11ish weeks. Yes, there was some bleeding, but you know what I did? Got myself to the doctor the next day and had D&Cs. Voila! No more bleeding, and at no time did my husband have to carry me around because I was so weak from blood loss. 

Not buying what Lauren is selling. 

I've had 2.....the first one I had @10 weeks. That one actually got me admitted for transfusion and observation. It was my first experience with what one Doc called my "groggy" uterus (I don't know if that's really a thing but his words stuck with me. The whole experience was awful. ) that likes to bleed heavily after pregnancy related events. It almost got me a hysterectomy after my last kid. But I was carried up the stairs when I got home....it weirds me out even now thinking about it 25 years later.  I can't imagine Siah carrying her around honestly. They're roughly the same size or am I not recalling very well? I've got to think she got actual medical care. Who wouldn't if mother is bleeeeeeeding to quote good old Mullet. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

In as much as John and Joe are enthusiastically over solicitious to their wives, Siah is not...probably because he is just used to taking care of his own needs....

Lauren is going to use her loss as a life lesson for her stupid husband, that he needs to care for her...whether he remembers or not.

Siah is one of the dimmest bulb even among the lowest wattage Duggs.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 6

I did like that Jana full front hugged JD by the plane. 

What does JD do as his “job” aside from TLC money? Is he somehow on JimBob’s payroll or does he make money of his own as a pilot? I’m hazy on how a lot of the “heads of household” support their family beyond the TLC money.

Josh- used car lot?

John- pilot?

Derrick- is he working while he’s in school?

Ben- JimBob’s payroll

Joe- ???

Austin- house flipping

Jeremy - pastor

Josiah- ???

Other over 18 howlers- ???

• Love 7
43 minutes ago, truebluesmoky said:

I did like that Jana full front hugged JD by the plane. 

What does JD do as his “job” aside from TLC money? Is he somehow on JimBob’s payroll or does he make money of his own as a pilot? I’m hazy on how a lot of the “heads of household” support their family beyond the TLC money.

Josh- used car lot?

John- pilot?

Derrick- is he working while he’s in school?

Ben- JimBob’s payroll

Joe- ???

Austin- house flipping

Jeremy - pastor

Josiah- ???

Other over 18 howlers- ???

That's basically it. Except that I'm pretty sure John is only JB's pilot. Not a pilot on his own. So he's on Jim Bob's payroll, too. (especially since his unpaid local constable job clearly makes him a useful spy for JB -- so that's JB's payroll, too)

And doesn't the car lot belong to Jim Bob also? So both Josh and JD are just on different parts of Jim Bob's payroll than Bin is -- with Bin being on the "property management and teach low-level math to Duggarlings" part? 

Also, Jeremy just quit his job and seems to have announced in People magazine that he'll now be happily unemployed in a city more than twice as expensive as the one he lived in when he was employed. 

So I'm guessing that, except for Derick and (employed!) Austin, they're all just TeeVee stars.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9

Let's go to the World Wide... the adults still on the show get most of their Benjamins from TLC

John

https://www.romper.com/p/what-does-john-david-duggar-do-he-juggles-a-pretty-busy-schedule-8033131

Jana- construction/decorating/ Dugg hub since Chelle checked out mentally ages ago

https://people.com/home/jana-duggar-surprises-parents-jim-bob-michelle-remodeled-bedroom/

For Chelle's post menopausal sexy times...gag... heave

Joe-seeks his FIL's approval so does seem to do work

https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/joseph-duggar-job-147556/

Josiah- gorges at Jim Blob's trough, tries to look busy, doubtful will complete his real estate license or pilot's license....low wattage brain

https://www.romper.com/p/what-does-josiah-duggar-do-heres-what-the-newly-engaged-counting-on-star-does-outside-tv-8451851

Ben Duggar Seewald-"handyman"-haha...more like JimBlob's bitch, country preacher,  sperm provider, feeds off Dugg trough

https://www.distractify.com/entertainment/2019/01/09/muRG_xYPJ/what-does-ben-seewald-do-for-a-living

• LOL 2
  • Love 6