Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E07: A Bachelor No More

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Josiah looks like he’s about to shit himself, singing that song in front of everyone.

YES !!! the song fits Lauren's voice and she has probably sung it a million times before even meeting Josiah... I was thinking - why is he singing ? he doesn't have the voice to sing , let alone that particular song.. If he wants to stand next to wifey for comfort - fine, but please don't give him the mike.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, cereality said:

Pairing Jana with Laura is just odd. IDK why they're doing it -- can a 28 yr old not interview alone and since she doesn't have a husband, she must be paired either with a 5yr old sister or Laura? I don't know if they get that that pairing of Jana and Laura and asking them how it is to work together and the role of forgiveness in their friendship makes them sound like a lesbian couple - perish the thought.

And if these morons want to get married in places like airplane hangars that have 20 ft ceilings, I'm sorry but spend some of your TLC $$$ on a decorator John. Dumping decorating on Jana when it requires lifted platforms with ladders on top to even reach the ceiling and decorations need to be held up with chains bc streamers and rope aren't tough enough given the width of the building? I know she's not the one doing it bc there's a horde of teen/20 yr old brothers, but still. That's putting a bit more responsibility on her than her usual setting up the wedding arch/flowers/center pieces.

If I were Jana - I would call a family meeting to announce some boundaries, if not my retirement, from her "services".  She worked all the night before, the day before/of and then was IN the wedding. Family or no family, there is such a thing of taking advantage. 

In the case of Abbie - this was a woman who worked - ie paying job . She didn't have any friends or coworkers who could take charge of floral arrangements,and some of the other small details ? 

Jana just can't keep on being everyone's house decorator, baby room decorator, wedding decorator, building this/that for the shower, etc. 

Edited by sATL
  • Love 23

I'm happy for John and Abbie, but the airplane hangar reception was the dumbest idea ever. Dragging all that crap to Oklahoma and trying to decorate a massive, unstructured space was absurd. They could've just done an aviation theme in the church hall. 

Si and Lauren continue to be the most cringe-worthy couple I've ever seen. 

Was there some reason none of the Duggar women could help Jana decorate?  

I loved Abbie's dress. Jinger and Jeremy looked fab. Jenni is such a beautiful girl.

Trying to muster up a fuck to give about Jessa's pregnancy, and nope, can't find one.

Edited by BitterApple
  • LOL 14
  • Love 8
53 minutes ago, CircusPeanuts said:

Bacon???  WTF?  They had a serving dish of bacon?  It definitely did not look like the turkey bacon they are proud of at the TTH!

I was going to ask what was the bacon for ? Salad topping?, potato topping? on a burger? The reception was a little late in the day to be serving a brunch menu..

And I think I saw a couple of very crispy pieces,.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1

Jill sighting, she was wearing her matron of honor dress from Joy's wedding just before Abbie was walking down the aisle. 

Lauren was wearing a bridesmaid dress from her own wedding. 

Of course Jeremy is the only one who knew what Zoolander was. (I suspect Dillweed would have known had he been on the show.)

The minister who was not Abbie's dad looks like Phil Dunphy with a bad hairstyle.

Edited by madpsych78
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, sATL said:

I was going to ask what was the bacon for ? Salad topping?, potato topping? on a burger? The reception was a little late to be serving a brunch menu..

And I think I saw a couple of very crispy pieces,.

Their reception was "breakfast" themed.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I watched it. The announcement was Jessa's pregnancy. She's due 6/6.

She'll have to deliver early or late; if she's on time she risks giving birth at 6am or 6pm and being accused of having satans baby.

6 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Jill sighting, she was wearing her matron of honor dress from Joy's wedding just before Abbie was walking down the aisle. 

Lauren was wearing a bridesmaid dress from her own wedding. 

Of course Jeremy is the only one who knew what Zoolander was. (I suspect Dillweed would have known had he been on the show.)

The minister who was not Abbie's dad looks like Phil Dunphy with a bad hairstyle.

Damn I was trying for an outcasts sighting during the wedding and reception and I missed seeing her.  She recycled her dress?  Guess her instafamous clothing push only extends to oversized t-shirts or you know she'd be shilling her "beautiful" formal look and the discount code you can use to copy it.    Dillweed would probably have known what Zoolander was but my guess is if he would never actually admit to it.

JB sure does like to hear himself talk (and talk and talk).   By the end of the "this is where you met" story which he was telling like John himself hadn't been there for it the look on John's face was like he was fighting to bite back a good sarcastic "Thank you Captain Obvious".  

The wedding was November 3rd so all I could think when I saw Ben was he took no-shave-november VERY seriously.  I thought the pregnancy reveal between Jessa and Jinger was cute, it seemed a little more real than most of what we see and looked like Ben filmed it not the crew.  Plus Jinger was wearing stretchy pants., not sure but even though we know she wears them in Laredo I think that's the first time she's worn them while visiting home and on the show.   Speaking of pants - the flower girls were cute but their dresses weren't that short that they needed to wear capri stretchies under them.  Even if they did need something underneath couldn't it have been tights or even the same pants but flesh or dress match color not that obvious white pants all scrunched and buckled around their knees?  I'd say that was the one bad look in what was a pretty good wedding by Duggar standards.  

Henry has the cutest curly hair I've seen in a long time and I loved Spurgeon declaring Jessa was having a boy but his teddy says it's a girl

• Love 6

Lauren stated she lost so much blood during the miscarriage she couldn't walk.... Josiah carried her...goodness - I hope she sought out medical attention

Edited by sATL
  • Love 10
16 minutes ago, sATL said:

Lauren stated she lost so much blood during the miscarriage she couldn't walk.... Josiah carried her...goodness - I hope she sought out medical attention

Sure, sure. He took her to the bed and transfused his own blood, while praying for the baby's soul.

Lauren, we know it was rough for you, but there's a move to LA - the fans have moved on.

• LOL 17
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, sATL said:

Well, isn't she the drama queen?

Her job, of course, is to make lots and lots of babies for Jesus. Perhaps she thinks that she'll soon conceive again and this time have a Joyous! Miracle! Blessed! full-term baby, and will be admired for triumphing over such terrible suffering and succeeding for Jesus. The obligatory People magazine exclusive story with photos, and airtime on TLC. Hallelujah and amen.

Of course, if she isn't shortly knocked up and blossoming with a normal pregnancy? She may wish she'd toned down the miscarriage story. Because as we've discussed, in the fundie/Gothard world she lives in, miscarriages are considered God's punishment for sin. At worst she'd be given the side-eye as some kind of sinner, at best she would be an object of public pity and private smug condescension - as that poor gal who's sadly barren.

ETA: I'm sorry if this sounds insensitive to anyone struggling with infertility. I know it's heartbreaking to want to have children and find that for whatever reason you can't conceive or have a successful pregnancy. I'm just not into this teenager's drama right now. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 20
10 hours ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

“We believe that God would have us TRANSFER our daughter to this man.”

*sigh*

Also, for such seemingly serious people, these uber-Christian ministers really do like to joke during the vows.  No one will beat the guy who did Bin and Jessa’s wedding.  That dude truly brought the yuks. 

I about got sick when her dad talked about TRANSFERRING Abby to John.  I know we joke about these people transferring headship from Daddy to husband but I think this is the first time I've heard it mentioned aloud.  Just yuk!

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, louannems said:

I about got sick when her dad talked about TRANSFERRING Abby to John.  I know we joke about these people transferring headship from Daddy to husband but I think this is the first time I've heard it mentioned aloud.  Just yuk!

that bothered me. I even rolled my eyes. 

10 hours ago, asuwur said:

That being said, they're adorable. They are clearly in love. I love that they opted against a first look. I may have enjoyed it more because this wedding is between 2 adults who have experience in employment and off the compound. 

They are very cute together and the love between them felt genuine. Maybe its because they are both adults? Maybe its the glow in JD's eyes and in Abbie's eyes. they fit together very well. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

Well, isn't she the drama queen?

Her job, of course, is to make lots and lots of babies for Jesus. Perhaps she thinks that she'll soon conceive again and this time have a Joyous! Miracle! Blessed! full-term baby, and will be admired for triumphing over such terrible suffering and succeeding for Jesus. The obligatory People magazine exclusive story with photos, and airtime on TLC. Hallelujah and amen.

Of course, if she isn't shortly knocked up and blossoming with a normal pregnancy? She may wish she'd toned down the miscarriage story. Because as we've discussed, in the fundie/Gothard world she lives in, miscarriages are considered God's punishment for sin. At worst she'd be given the side-eye as some kind of sinner, at best she would be an object of public pity and private smug condescension - as that poor gal who's sadly barren.

ETA: I'm sorry if this sounds insensitive to anyone struggling with infertility. I know it's heartbreaking to want to have children and find that for whatever reason you can't conceive or have a successful pregnancy. I'm just not into this teenager's drama right now. 

I know a miscarriage had to be awful but she really milks the drama out of it. I can't imagine being married to her. She is such a downer. 

• Love 23

I know we discussed this on the first go round of the wedding but I'd like to tell the minister that I did not think of my son's future spouse before he was even born, when I was expecting him. Maybe that's why he is single at 29.

Jackson looks exactly like JB especially on the TH's when he had his hair parted on the side and combed over.

Didn't like the drone at all. They seem to forget that it is a church sanctuary, a house of God & not the fellowship hall.  

• Love 10

I fear for Abbie's nursing career. She said she'd been a nurse for only a year, and in that time went to the Philippines, and then left her job to plan the wedding (who does that!). She and John said that the plan is for her to find a nursing job in Arkansas, but throw a baby or two in the mix, and I think nursing will be over. I hope they prove me wrong, if only to make Jill jealous and show her what nursing really is.

On another note, Jana deserves so much better. The rumours of her being in a relationship with her female best friend have been denied, of course, but they were sitting closer together on the interview couch than some of the married couples.I hope she finds real happiness, but will likely soon be paired with a Duggar approved man who has no appreciation for her spark, her intelligence, or her independence.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, SabineElisabeth said:

Josiah says (repeatedly): "We're hoping/praying we'll be blessed with another baby soon."

And what Josiah is really thinking: "Dear God, I'm doing my level best to knock Lauren up again.  So for Pete's sake, "HELP!!!", because the only reason I'm able to even get out of bed in the morning is the hope I'm holding onto that once she's pregnant again, she will shut the FUCK up."

Also, couldn't help but notice that Jinger was the only one whose plans for the next year didn't include mention of another baby, but were to just enjoy getting to know Felicity as her personality continues to develop.

Yes, I noticed that as well and thought it was real sweet. Not, I want to get knocked up again, but wanting to enjoy seeing her baby grow. 

4 minutes ago, ThinkerBell said:

I fear for Abbie's nursing career. She said she'd been a nurse for only a year, and in that time went to the Philippines, and then left her job to plan the wedding (who does that!). She and John said that the plan is for her to find a nursing job in Arkansas, but throw a baby or two in the mix, and I think nursing will be over. I hope they prove me wrong, if only to make Jill jealous and show her what nursing really is.

On another note, Jana deserves so much better. The rumours of her being in a relationship with her female best friend have been denied, of course, but they were sitting closer together on the interview couch than some of the married couples.I hope she finds real happiness, but will likely soon be paired with a Duggar approved man who has no appreciation for her spark, her intelligence, or her independence.

I found that to be a bit overt. Great way to keep the rumors going. 

• Love 3

Am I the only one who feels defrauded by the friend who did Abbie's makeup?  Her shoulders were on full display!

Almost swallowed my tongue at the first mention of Zoolander and blue steel.  Couldn't believe it when it continued into the TH's.  Did we see the photographer who made the initial reference?  I caught a glimpse of one in the hangar later in the show and their personal style of dress had to have raised some serious eyebrow in that crowd at the minimum.  The look was so quick and the style of dress so deliberately quirky that I'm not 100-percent certain of gender.  I know, not particularly surprising among the creative types drawn to an artistic career like photographer.  This crowd is a different world though.

I was a little surprised by the look we got at Jana's barely contained frustration while overseeing her crew.  It seemed a lot of her brothers are very familiar with taking heat from Jana -- and actually alluded to it in their TH's.  I certainly hope she's aged out of Journey to the Heart or whatever reprogramming JB might like for her.  I don't think Jana is against the idea of getting married.  I do think Jana is absolutely against the idea of being "transferred" to anyone to answer to.

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

I was a little surprised by the look we got at Jana's barely contained frustration while overseeing her crew.  It seemed a lot of her brothers are very familiar with taking heat from Jana -- and actually alluded to it in their TH's.  

I know we like to believe Jana's where she wants to be in choosing to remain unmarried, but last night underscored just how badly life sucks for a single woman in their cult.

I can't believe the Duggars dumped the responsibility of decorating the hangar AND the church on Jana, and oh, not to mention, she was also in the freaking wedding! I'm not letting Abbie's family off the hook either. Technically it's the bride's parents who throw and host the wedding, so there should've been plenty of volunteers from their side helping out. Maybe Jana prefers to work with fewer people, but given her unconcealed frustration, she was clearly overwhelmed. 

Regarding Lauren, does anyone else get the vibe her dramatics aren't about the baby but rather her failure to complete a step in her Convert Josiah mission? She's going to turn him into a Stepford Gothard Husband come hell or high water and losing the pregnancy was a major setback. 

• Love 13
13 hours ago, Annb67 said:

Oh they are STILL talking about the miscarriage, the memories, waking up crying. For the love, you were pregnant a minute. Save me a seat in hell.

Scooch over, I am going to join you in hell.  My eyes rolled so hard last night they are still spinning around.  Dare I say I saw a look in Siah's eyes that said FFS?  He had to carry her she lost so much blood?  Ok, I know it is sad, a big event in her short life, but based on their beliefs, God has a plan for her (as an atheist it feels weird to say that but it is what they believe).  As someone who does not have kids I am sorry if I offended anyone.  I have never been through THIS but I have had very tough times where I had to buck up and get to work and move on.   I have little patience for this much of a drama queen.  That said if she wasn't so extra I would probably be a bit less snarky.

• Love 21
12 hours ago, asuwur said:

Anyone notice that Jackson is starting to look a lot like Farmer Ted from "Sixteen Candles"?...only me? 

Screenshot_20190325-225831_Google.jpg

Now that you mention it...

Can I say I love your Farmer Ted mention??!!  One of my favorite movies.

• Love 6

I agree with y'all about Jana but I think she's kind of a control freak.  I think she likes to do things herself, or with a select few, to make sure they are done right!

Caught a glimpse of James last night and didn't recognize him.  He really doesn't look much like the other boys yet.

• Love 8

Obviously it wasn't a Duggar wedding because....

There was so much food at the reception...no way Josie could lick all the cupcakes and touch every piece of bacon before the guests helped themselves....

At the reception, the lit giant bloom decoration with the smaller black drop of the same giant flower blooms as a Instagram photo background was better than the alter... the Home Depot arbor project draped with old Duggar curtains....

Joe as best man, nice.

Abbie has slowed her energy down to match John's low energy vibe...Mr. and Mrs. Eeyore....but happy and optimistic...

Wonder if Jess will ditch her medieval birthing implements of torture and go to the hospital like Jinge and Kendra....nope...she and Joy are the most hillbilly....

Flashback of that awful thing that was parked by the front door ready for her to go into labor.....

Bless their hearts...Lauren and Siah are as stupid and Joy and Austoon but at least Austoon can flip houses...

Siah is feeding solely  off the JimBlob trough.....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

I know we like to believe Jana's where she wants to be in choosing to remain unmarried, but last night underscored just how badly life sucks for a single woman in their cult.

I can't believe the Duggars dumped the responsibility of decorating the hangar AND the church on Jana, and oh, not to mention, she was also in the freaking wedding! I'm not letting Abbie's family off the hook either. Technically it's the bride's parents who throw and host the wedding, so there should've been plenty of volunteers from their side helping out. Maybe Jana prefers to work with fewer people, but given her unconcealed frustration, she was clearly overwhelmed. 

Regarding Lauren, does anyone else get the vibe her dramatics aren't about the baby but rather her failure to complete a step in her Convert Josiah mission? She's going to turn him into a Stepford Gothard Husband come hell or high water and losing the pregnancy was a major setback. 

I don't think Jana's necessarily so much choosing to be unmarried as she is choosing not to have her ownership transferred like people do with pink slips when they're selling a car.  I do agree that life sucks in a particularly painful way for a grown woman in their cult, definitely under her current headship.  I think being the only woman left standing has painted that truth out quite starkly, both for her and the audience.

I actually think Jana particularly wanted to be the guiding hand for JD's wedding as a means of acknowledging their special bond.      

37 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Scooch over, I am going to join you in hell.  My eyes rolled so hard last night they are still spinning around.  Dare I say I saw a look in Siah's eyes that said FFS?  He had to carry her she lost so much blood?  Ok, I know it is sad, a big event in her short life, but based on their beliefs, God has a plan for her (as an atheist it feels weird to say that but it is what they believe).  As someone who does not have kids I am sorry if I offended anyone.  I have never been through THIS but I have had very tough times where I had to buck up and get to work and move on.   I have little patience for this much of a drama queen.  That said if she wasn't so extra I would probably be a bit less snarky.

I'd have a lot less patience for Lauren's histrionics if I didn't stop and remember both her age and the repressive upbringing she's had -- and the repressive future she's staring in the face.  Couple that with any hormonal struggles and maybe private letdown that the marriage isn't all that she's dreamed of for years and I'll leave her a little space to get her feet on the ground again.  

23 minutes ago, flyingdi said:

I agree with y'all about Jana but I think she's kind of a control freak.  I think she likes to do things herself, or with a select few, to make sure they are done right!

Caught a glimpse of James last night and didn't recognize him.  He really doesn't look much like the other boys yet.

I like the idea of control freak Jana.  It so flies in the face of their ridiculous lifestyle -- and offers hope that JB can't ultimately control all 19 forever.  Wasn't she sent at least twice to Journey to the Heart or whatever the female version of Alert is?  I think the quietness, the sweet voice and the sweet face have maybe camouflaged for us in the audience who Jana actually is.  I'd love to see her stick to her guns and marry the person she chooses because they will not look to control her.   All I know is she better get exactly the kind of wedding she wants if she decides to say yes someday!

• Love 12

gaw...Chelle and JimBlob still fingernails screeching across a blackboard when they spout off their stupid blah blah blah.....

Was Chelle going to a hoot nanny after the wedding reception with that gingham top tied at her waist(under her fallen boobs)

Jana's wedding...My final reason to keep watching this show....not holding my breath...

Definitely NOT watching next season for the baby that Jess will whelp this summer.....

If John/Abbie and Joe/Kendra with Jinger/ Pastor Volvo in a smaller distant role took over the show from Jess' (pulled by JimBlob's strings) clutches it would be more interesting than making us try to sort out the little kids who seem to have less of a edumacation than the first group of dim bulbs....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

I don't believe Jana did all that work!  That was storyline!  They showed a few scenes then production stepped in!  Same with church and flowers!  It's always 'poor 'Jana!

I loved Abbie and John!  Everything made it special and just their day.  I also loved the presentation of Abby to John by her father!  Some tears flowed as I watched!flowed

I searched for Josh and Anna and Ben and Jill but no luck!  I also didn't see cousin Amy!

I will say these huge receptions don't offer much in the line of food and drink!  If I was attending a dugger wedding I'd surely pack a lunch!

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

Lauren sings with the same unsupported breathy voice that she speaks with. 

I liked that Kendra actually used the word "pregnant." For people who build their lives around birthing litters, they sure are reluctant to use correct terminology.

Why is Ben trying to look Amish?

I liked seeing John David do the safety check of the plane before taking off. Unusual to see a Duggar do something correctly.

• LOL 5
  • Love 12
15 hours ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Maybe I need to adjust my medications and get some sleep, but I have to admit, these marriage extravaganzas aren’t quite as bad when the bride is a non-Duggar.  Well, unless the bride is Lauren.  Abbie seems like a decent, authentic woman and John David continues to hold his position as Least Objectionable Duggar.  She looks lovely in her gown.  I sincerely wish them the best.

(This message will self-destruct in five minutes.  And Michele and Jim Bob are still horrible, detestable mofos.)

Is it possible it’s because some things about the bride are then new to you, as opposed to drivel that you can probably recite just like the Duggars about the Duggar women?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I don't believe Jana did all that work!  That was storyline!  They showed a few scenes then production stepped in!  Same with church and flowers!  It's always 'poor 'Jana!

totally agree with this.  

• Love 10
16 hours ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Maybe I need to adjust my medications and get some sleep, but I have to admit, these marriage extravaganzas aren’t quite as bad when the bride is a non-Duggar.  Well, unless the bride is Lauren.  Abbie seems like a decent, authentic woman and John David continues to hold his position as Least Objectionable Duggar.  She looks lovely in her gown.  I sincerely wish them the best.

I am not sure about that.  I can recall Josh and Anna's wedding which fail to impress me.

I did like this wedding more than the others, but I think it is because they are older, and because Abbie has a little work experience.

I disliked the drone, because I didn't think it appropriate at a church service, but maybe Protestant services are just more relaxed than I am used to.  I usually don't care for the couple to write their own vows, but these seem rather well thought out (as opposed to those of Aspyn and Mitch Brown).  I did wish that the bride's father had a better understanding of which pronouns to use.  Also JD twice (or maybe it was once and TLC repeated the sentence ) said "have chose' instead of "have chosen."

Abbie's constant refrain about all the millions of weddings she has attended without being the bride got on my nerves.  I think it bugged me because I can imagine Jana perhaps having similar thoughts.  

I could have done without JimBob reciting the story of how JD met Abbie at that church.

Also I don't think they had anywhere near 1000 guests. I would have liked to have seen more of the food since all I recognized looked like bacon which I thought they didn't eat.      

I liked their flying off in his plane.   It is too bad there wasn't a place for Abbie to change clothes, before they left.   I guess people no longer have "going away" clothes.   She could have bought another dress for the reception and  changed at the church.                        

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I liked their flying off in his plane.   It is too bad there wasn't a place for Abbie to change clothes, before they left.   I guess people no longer have "going away" clothes.   She could have bought another dress for the reception and  changed at the church.      

I think the "going away" clothes are a thing of the past.  Mostly because most couples do not leave their reception early anymore, they stay to the end.  They have no need to rush off and be alone together for the first time.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I am not sure about that.  I can recall Josh and Anna's wedding which fail to impress me.

I could have done without JimBob reciting the story of how JD met Abbie at that church.  

Anna, daughter of people who have their heads stuck in the sand more firmly than even JB and Michelle?  Hardly surprising her wedding wouldn't impress.  Anna's a gal who richly deserves another bite at the apple on so many levels, starting of course with the obvious.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

I think the "going away" clothes are a thing of the past.  Mostly because most couples do not leave their reception early anymore, they stay to the end.  They have no need to rush off and be alone together for the first time.

Yes, I think they have gone the way of the dodo bird.  My parents had to catch a train right after they married to get to where my dad was stationed.  I changed because we were leaving in our truck for the mountains and my dress was much too big to fit in it, but we didn't leave early.    I had had to go to the reception in a conversion van.   If I had been Abbie, I think I would have preferred something less full to wear in the plane.  This discussion is making me feel really ancient.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

Lauren's voice really grates my nerves, it's even more annoying than Pricilla Waller's. It was sad when she started tearing up when she realized that Josiah actually cared for her and not just himself. All he did was the bare minimum around the house because she was freaking bleeding out. There is nothing to that relationship, they aren't focused on growing as a couple just thinking about getting pregnant as soon as they can.

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

They might also have flown around for a bit and then come back? 

30 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Abbie's constant refrain about all the millions of weddings she has attended without being the bride got on my nerves.  I think it bugged me because I can imagine Jana perhaps having similar thoughts.  

I remember all my friends getting married or engaged and I didn't have anyone. I felt awfully left out. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

Does anyone know when/if TLC will announce renewal?

Probably once they had filmed a new season and close to the premier. If they decide to cancel Counting On, the announcement might be sooner. 

My favorite moment was Joy and Austin's discussion of Abbie including Sugar Muffin in her vows. Austin's polite and dry comment of "well that's unique" had me laughing.

I wish we could get a genuine episode of Austin, Jeremy, and Ben discussing their in laws. Ben's dig at Duggar Time amused me too. Ben in general must be the producers' favorite. He's always up for trying whatever goofy thing they ask them to do and is a good sport about it too.

So if no one but Jeremy (and I think Ben though he say either way) knew Zoolander, I'd like an explanation of how they all attempted the same exaggerated pouty lipped Blue Steel face. Were they shown a photo to imitate? If not, then bullshit on their "I have no idea who or what that is". They may not have seen the movie, but they know. 

It was sad to me that Lauren was so surprised that Josiah was so caring and helpful after her miscarriage. I hope maybe her realization of that affection will help them grow more comfortable and warm with each other. 

Abbie and John are adorable. They seem very happy and well suited for each other. It was nice to see John so happy. 

Jeremy vacuuming because Laura asked him to and then Jinger's "she's gonna make you scrub the floor on your hands and knees" comment cracked me up. Laura bugs me for some reason, so I can believe she would make a comment about the marks left. And kudos to Jeremy for asking how he could help and actually doing it. There were an awful lot of absent Duggars during the decorating and last minute flower arranging that at least someone thought to ask how they could pitch in. 

It will be interesting to see if TLC renews. I'm sure Jim Bob is already trying to hook the boy twins up with Lauren Caldwell and Lily Swanson for a double wedding extravaganza. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Abbie's statements confused me....which is it girl? Were you waiting to get married 26 years or were you NOT waiting to get married at all because you said you were enjoying your job? She's trying too hard and is changing her story, IMO.

I definitely did NOT need to see Jim Bob and Michelle reenact John David's KISS.

Michelle were overboard on the fake tanning and the teeth bleaching. She didn't look good IMO at all. 

Those poor little girls looked like they had poorly wrapped bandages around their knees instead of those stupid modesty leggings under those ugly 'sparkly' dresses. Eggshell leotards would have been a much better choice.

If Abbie said 'sparkly or glitter' one more time, I was going to puke. Too much wasted time on those stupid home made candles; not enough reception. I would have rather seen the food, what type of cake they had and actually WHO attended.

Jinger playing stupid about Jessa's new baby. Really, she knows her family lives to conceive every 18 months. Why didn't she get it right away? Acting for the cameras.

Ben didn't look thrilled announcing S#3. He looked scared. I took note of the 'tossing the diaper in the trash' comment. I guess she's not putting used diapers on the furniture any more now that Spurge can toss them for her?

All in all, I'm glad another Duggar son is married, hope they are really happy, but this show needs to end. The only thing we're waiting for is Jana's wedding, if that ever happens.

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, Jenniferbug said:

My favorite moment was Joy and Austin's discussion of Abbie including Sugar Muffin in her vows. Austin's polite and dry comment of "well that's unique" had me laughing.

I wish we could get a genuine episode of Austin, Jeremy, and Ben discussing their in laws. Ben's dig at Duggar Time amused me too. Ben in general must be the producers' favorite. He's always up for trying whatever goofy thing they ask them to do and is a good sport about it too.

So if no one but Jeremy (and I think Ben though he say either way) knew Zoolander, I'd like an explanation of how they all attempted the same exaggerated pouty lipped Blue Steel face. Were they shown a photo to imitate? If not, then bullshit on their "I have no idea who or what that is". They may not have seen the movie, but they know. 

It was sad to me that Lauren was so surprised that Josiah was so caring and helpful after her miscarriage. I hope maybe her realization of that affection will help them grow more comfortable and warm with each other. 

Abbie and John are adorable. They seem very happy and well suited for each other. It was nice to see John so happy. 

Jeremy vacuuming because Laura asked him to and then Jinger's "she's gonna make you scrub the floor on your hands and knees" comment cracked me up. Laura bugs me for some reason, so I can believe she would make a comment about the marks left. And kudos to Jeremy for asking how he could help and actually doing it. There were an awful lot of absent Duggars during the decorating and last minute flower arranging that at least someone thought to ask how they could pitch in. 

It will be interesting to see if TLC renews. I'm sure Jim Bob is already trying to hook the boy twins up with Lauren Caldwell and Lily Swanson for a double wedding extravaganza. 

I think Austin probably has a dry sense of humor. Again, I don't think he does being on TV very well. 

It was nice of Jeremy to help and Jinger's comment made me laugh too. It was a very unscripted moment. 

4 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Jinger playing stupid about Jessa's new baby. Really, she knows her family lives to conceive every 18 months. Why didn't she get it right away? Acting for the cameras.

Ben didn't look thrilled announcing S#3. He looked scared. I took note of the 'tossing the diaper in the trash' comment. I guess she's not putting used diapers on the furniture any more now that Spurge can toss them for her?

They all looked shocked that Jessa is pregnant. Like being pregnant is rare in this family. Kendra seemed to show the most emotion of all of them! And yes, Ben looked like a deer in headlights. 

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, floridamom said:

t look thrilled announcing S#3. He looked scared. I took note of the 'tossing the diaper in the trash' comment. I guess she's not putting used diapers on the furniture any more now that Spurge can toss them for her?

Ben's comment was my favorite of the evening.... { paraphrasing b/c I don't remember exact}  " the 3rd baby means they (he and Jessa) are outnumbered" ...

Yeah - 3 babies/tots against 2 fumbling parents...

• LOL 4
  • Love 3