Type keyword(s) to search

Beverly Hills, 90210 Breaks Up A Couple Of AARP Members, And Everyone Else Gets Pissy About It

• Start Topic

I'll always believe that the reason Donna is so upset that Gina is her half-sister, is because of the staggering difference in their looks. I know, Donna was the second-most-desirable girl in Beverly Hills, behind Kelly, but, if I was Donna, & I owned a mirror, I'd be hella-pissed that Gina got that face, & that hair, & that charisma, & that hair, because it needs to be said twice, & I didn't get anything like that. I'd probably trade a childhood in the lap of luxury to look like Gina; not so much to have her issues, but to have her looks, that'd be a hard yes. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, nkotb said:

I'll always believe that the reason Donna is so upset that Gina is her half-sister, is because of the staggering difference in their looks. I know, Donna was the second-most-desirable girl in Beverly Hills, behind Kelly, but, if I was Donna, & I owned a mirror, I'd be hella-pissed that Gina got that face, & that hair, & that charisma, & that hair, because it needs to be said twice, & I didn't get anything like that. I'd probably trade a childhood in the lap of luxury to look like Gina; not so much to have her issues, but to have her looks, that'd be a hard yes. 

But yet, somehow all the guys still want Donna and Kelly even though Gina looks like... that. She did have a bad personality but would any of the guys actually care?

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

So we are saying John Martin fathered 2 babies within a few years with a set of sisters. Yet, the children look absolutely nothing alike, and for some reason Gina is half Mexican? And she has been hanging out with the Martins without Donna this whole time? This is exactly where this show stopped giving a shit about anything.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

I know they’re all supposed to be good Catholics (hee!) but I’m surprised Felice didn’t try to make Bobbi abort or give up Gina for adoption. She doesn’t seem like the kind of woman to just leave that potential blackmail powderkeg lying around. 

• Love 2

Whenever I watch the first couple seasons , I’m thinking .. “ hey Donna , you have a sister you don’t know about “ .. except that wouldn’t be the case if this show wasn’t dragged on for 10 very longggg seasons . 

I feel like starting around Season 4 the writers perpetually needed a female character to beat up on and have all of the other characters hate. First it was Brenda during her last season, then Val, now Gina. There's really no reason for everyone to focus so much of their anger on Gina. What she did was shitty, but Mel strip club attendance was his own decision; if he hadn't got to the PPAD, he would've gone somewhere else.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, ZeroDiscipline said:

So we are saying John Martin fathered 2 babies within a few years with a set of sisters. Yet, the children look absolutely nothing alike, and for some reason Gina is half Mexican? And she has been hanging out with the Martins without Donna this whole time? This is exactly where this show stopped giving a shit about anything.

Yes- of course we all know of full siblings that look nothing alike, but Donna & Gina were supposed to share ALL four grandparents just like full siblings- half siblings through their father and cousins through their mother, they would likely look SOMETHING alike. 

I wasn’t surprised at the bigot social worker- there are bigots who have no problem with POC but hate LGBT people; the justification being LGBT is a “choice” where as you are born POC (barf But they exist). 

There are some Ob/Gyn’s that don’t let fathers into their csection room until the baby is out. It’s usually up to the surgeon. Dylan making up an Aunt Lillian.....WHY?!!

• Love 1

And we've arrived at last to the ludicrous "Gina and Donna are half-sisters!" retcon.  I have many questions.  First, I thought Felice had basically disowned her family when she married up, why was Bobbi even with them at this party?  And given the Bobbi we met, why wouldn't she have demanded some kind of trust fund or payment plan to raise this child and keep this secret?  And why, if they had all made this pact to keep the truth between them, was Dr. Martin's name even on the birth certificate?  And why was Noah surprised it wasn't Felice who had a second child?  That made it sound like he knew about the pregnancy/miscarriage Felice was covering up during season 6, but how could he?  And finally, why wouldn't Noah mention his own long-lost half-sibling he found last season!  Oh this retcon, again, so ludicrous.

I am VERY excited for the first "Melrose Place" episode next week.  It's gonna be crazy to go from Season 10 Bitch About It Kelly back to Season 3 Pre-Summer of Deception Kelly.

• Love 6

Must’ve been fun for Donna that her husband was obsessed with her “sister “ and had sex with her . Then again I doubt they were having many family dinners with Gina , seeing as how she was non existent for 9 years of the series . 

18 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Then again I doubt they were having many family dinners with Gina , seeing as how she was non existent for 9 years of the series . 

Gina didn't even come to their wedding! Too busy with her new job as "Fox TV skating correspondent". Sigh. This show was written by pre-teens.

• LOL 1