Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

23 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

She didn't go to college at all in Arizona cause of the expense, but went to college in Texas.  I believe Shelly said she had one more year left to go when she was answering questions about the cruise ship gig.

In Shelly's words - Well, she only walked away from AZ because of the cost...not DCC, it wasn’t on her mind at the time. Her college fund would have been depleted in 1 year and we would still be adding to the pot. 

Yea I knew it was along those lines that the savings was depleted :) thanks.

12 hours ago, vanillagum said:

so she's not in college anymore? what does she do now?

No she left and was offered a job on a cruise ship and then left that for some reason whether before the contract left or not or whether her contract actually ended when she left depending when her contract actually physically started. I'd assume her contract started a few weeks before she was actually on board the ship because she needed to learn the dance routines and the schedule for the cruise ships and unless I am wrong I don't think they actually "learn" the routines on the ship, unless maybe to update and or to cover sickness etc.

On 5/24/2021 at 10:59 AM, go4luca said:

I thought she was living in Houston with her boyfriend?  Or was?

oh i knew that but was just curious what she does as a day job i guess? if she's not in college

24 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

oh i knew that but was just curious what she does as a day job i guess? if she's not in college

Ah, gotcha.  Wish I could help but I have no clue!

Rewatching old seasons, it really seems like New York Jets girls have bad luck with this squad. Jasmine was cut at auditions in her fourth year. Danielle was almost cut her second year (she's kind of an exception here, since she ended up being a GL). Tara was cut her second year. Savannah has been passed over for show group and group leader despite being an upper vet and seems to constantly be looked at as one of the weakest on the squad. Malena was dragged through TC and then cut on the last night. Jalyn totally fell out of favor after her first year and somehow hasn't made it back onto SG. Am I crazy for seeing this pattern?

• Useful 6
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, DCCFan2021 said:

Rewatching old seasons, it really seems like New York Jets girls have bad luck with this squad. Jasmine was cut at auditions in her fourth year. Danielle was almost cut her second year (she's kind of an exception here, since she ended up being a GL). Tara was cut her second year. Savannah has been passed over for show group and group leader despite being an upper vet and seems to constantly be looked at as one of the weakest on the squad. Malena was dragged through TC and then cut on the last night. Jalyn totally fell out of favor after her first year and somehow hasn't made it back onto SG. Am I crazy for seeing this pattern?

I don't think Jessica A had any issues either

• Love 1
On 5/23/2021 at 8:59 PM, ShutterbugCAM said:

The show also didn't really touch on the girl Maegan Morrison from Season 6 & 7 who was also a Legacy candidate. She's the girl Kitty told to take out her Bellybutton thingy in Season 6, then told her she needed to up her game because the girl Miranda was her competition and was much better.

I wonder why the show seems to care about focusing on some girls (for better or worse), but completely ignoring details that could be useful/interesting about others.

Wow. I remember exactly which girl you're talking about and I never knew she was a legacy until reading your post. 

I don't get it, either. Seems like a built-in storyline that's actually appealing to viewers.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, dariafan said:

As many times as I watch this , 2 things remain constant.  1. I will never like Christina.  2. Kelli has beautiful eyes 

christina is so boring, good lord. i never saw anything interesting in her. but i guess the team needs blenders? after years of trying i guess it was like 'well, she's passable, let her have it so she can finally stop'

i will never understand how she made it into training camp in season 9 with that long brown hair. so unbelievably dull

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, dariafan said:

As many times as I watch this , 2 things remain constant.  1. I will never like Christina.  2. Kelli has beautiful eyes 

12 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

christina is so boring, good lord. i never saw anything interesting in her. but i guess the team needs blenders? after years of trying i guess it was like 'well, she's passable, let her have it so she can finally stop'

i will never understand how she made it into training camp in season 9 with that long brown hair. so unbelievably dull

I liked Christina Murphy and several other girls named Christina on the team, but not Christina Ricelli.  She always seemed desperate and her dancing was not nearly as good as several others that auditioned before, during and after she made the squad.  Then her solos were bad (bad enough that there were rumors that some of the other vets were shocked she made it back) and all of her excuses.   I guess the main reasons she stayed was that she was such a blender most people forgot she was even on the squad, she never rocked the boat or caused any sort of controversy, and she was enough of a suck-up that Kelli liked her.

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

Because they're the ones who gave her that color in the prior season makeover, they were probably impressed she kept it. And I agree, that color was awful.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Because they're the ones who gave her that color in the prior season makeover, they were probably impressed she kept it. And I agree, that color was awful.

Oh that color on Christina was a crime, it honestly looked like dirty water and it was so long and stringy, that with her vocal fry made me nuts... 

• Love 6
41 minutes ago, ByTor said:

i thought season 9 was the first season she made it to training camp?

47 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

She always seemed desperate

lol this. i was cringing when she was in TC and kept talking about an injury and needing more time. if you're injured maybe you shouldn't be in training camp? just a thought lol

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

i thought season 9 was the first season she made it to training camp?

I am terrible at remembering season numbers, but the 1st time she made in into TC they gave her that terrible brown shade during makeovers. I thought she made it to TC the following year, but maybe it was only finals?

(edited)

does anyone know of any heavily featured TCCs who didn't make the squad but tried out again and went super under the radar and didn't make it back to TC? or maybe they did make it back to TC, but after years of trying again?

i know sheridan said she was going to come back (and was encouraged to) after her cut in season 11, but we didn't see her again until season 15. did she audition at all between those two camps?

i ALWAYS wondered if season 10 courtney tried out again because she was so close to making it and i feel like she could've if she came back (i'm not a fan myself but)..did she ever try again?

2 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I am terrible at remembering season numbers, but the 1st time she made in into TC they gave her that terrible brown shade during makeovers. I thought she made it to TC the following year, but maybe it was only finals?

yeah according to dcc wiki (lol), she was only in TC season 9, and then again when she made the team in season 12. i think she was seen at season 10 finals with a different shade. but for some reason i feel like she originally showed up with the brown color, before makeovers

Edited by vanillagum
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

i feel like she originally showed up with the brown color, before makeovers

She had that typical foil highlighted hair. I remember them making fun because there were "like 5 different shades in there." So instead, she gets one flat, unflattering shade. Way to go, Kelli!

• LOL 4

Her short, blonde style was SO CUTE with the little waves when she made TC for the second time...and they managed to muck that up for cameos.  Come ON makeover peeps! 

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

does anyone know of any heavily featured TCCs who didn't make the squad but tried out again and went super under the radar and didn't make it back to TC? or maybe they did make it back to TC, but after years of trying again?

Karissa made TC in S6 and was one of the primary stories that year before getting cut near the end, but she didn't make it back into TC the following year (although I wouldn't say she flew under the radar that year, she was definitely featured, but she still didn't make it back). Emily made TC in S8 and was got a fair amount of camera time before she was cut, then tried out the following year and was cut at semifinals and wasn't featured at all, then came back to TC in S11. Then you've got Kalli Fullerton, who made TC in S1 and S6, and Kathryn Dunn, who made it S3 and S8. I don't think either tried out in the years between. Kalli was pretty prominent her first year, Kathryn not as much, but they both had "returning five years later but not being five years better" storylines.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, DCCFan2021 said:

Karissa made TC in S6 and was one of the primary stories that year before getting cut near the end, but she didn't make it back into TC the following year (although I wouldn't say she flew under the radar that year, she was definitely featured, but she still didn't make it back). Emily made TC in S8 and was got a fair amount of camera time before she was cut, then tried out the following year and was cut at semifinals and wasn't featured at all, then came back to TC in S11. Then you've got Kalli Fullerton, who made TC in S1 and S6, and Kathryn Dunn, who made it S3 and S8. I don't think either tried out in the years between. Kalli was pretty prominent her first year, Kathryn not as much, but they both had "returning five years later but not being five years better" storylines.

thanks! 

i felt bad for karissa, i liked her underdog thing. but she really did NOT come back better...it was painful. her season 7 solo costume haunts me lmao

i had a soft spot for emily for some reason, i really wanted her to make it. wasn't sure if she tried out between seasons 8 and 11 so thank you!

• Love 3

There was Shelby who was a TCC in season 10 I think. She was featured a bit. Kitty said she would be devastated if she didn't make it. She tried out again the next season and I think she made it to finals but not back in TC. And that was when they had an episode called "Comeback Girls", and she wasn't featured at all. We did see her face a couple times though. I was surprised at that, but apparently her bf said some things on social media that ruined her chances. I guess that's why they didn't talk about her at all, even though she was one of those "comeback girls". Ha

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
31 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

There was Shelby who was a TCC in season 10 I think. She was featured a bit. Kitty said she would be devastated if she didn't make it. She tried out again the next season and I think she made it to finals but not back in TC. And that was when they had an episode called "Comeback Girls", and she wasn't featured at all. We did see her face a couple times though. I was surprised at that, but apparently her bf said some things on social media that ruined her chances. I guess that's why they didn't talk about her at all, even though she was one of those "comeback girls". Ha

I think he said something like "Why did you cut Shelby? She was the best thing that ever happened to the team and you would be lucky to have her on the squad."  I'm sure it was something worse and more derogatory then that. I can see how Kelli would not be happy about that and would wonder if Shelby shared those views.

• Useful 3
2 hours ago, vanillagum said:

i know sheridan said she was going to come back (and was encouraged to) after her cut in season 11, but we didn't see her again until season 15. did she audition at all between those two camps?

i ALWAYS wondered if season 10 courtney tried out again because she was so close to making it and i feel like she could've if she came back (i'm not a fan myself but)..did she ever try again?

I don’t think Courtney ever came back. I do know she was one of the girls that KelFine mentioned she would like to see try out again. I can’t recall if she said it on the show, in a separate clip that they put on cmt.com, or if it was written in social media somewhere, but she definitely said she wished Courtney Johnson would try out again. I do recall Courtney making some snarky commentary regarding DCC:MTT on some of Vivian “Lucid Dream” Ralena’s social media posts. Something about MTT using Vivian footage to promote the next season (maybe Season 11) and everyone thought Vivian was coming back (she wasn’t) and Vivian and Courtney’s comments were not what I would call supportive of the show. Nothing egregious, but it just had the feel of someone who was Over It.

Kamie OTeeter was another one that was heavily featured in Season 4 TCC but didn’t make it back to even Finals the following year. They did do a small highlight of her during auditions but didn’t really show the judges’ deliberations. 

Jordan Ketchum was another one. Made the team in Season 3. I think she got sick (maybe a thyroid disorder? I mean...like a real one...not a made up one) and couldn’t try out in Season 4. Came back to tryouts in Season 5, but either didn’t make Finals or didn’t make TC. The camera barely glanced over her. It wasn’t until someone pointed it out here that I even noticed it. I always thought she was stunning after her makeover. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

I'm thinking of all the rookies that were filmed for MTT over the past ten years or so. And every now and then there is one who is barely featured and thus goes completely unnoticed. Any ideas on how or why that happens? Maybe because their "story" is not deemed interesting enough for tv?

I'm thinking JennA for example. I cannot remember she was featured a lot in her first year as a rookie. When she  became a more prominent DCC, I actually had to look back to find her rookie season as I could barely remember her! Maybe because they thought she was too mature to do stupid things on camera (like orange-tanned Kaitlyn) or because Jinelle and Morgan had a much more interesting storyline? Any thoughts or more examples of cheerleaders that have gone unnoticed on the show?

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, DCCOracle said:

One of my favorite parts of the DCC Fandom wiki page: The Unofficial Carey DePasquale Award for most invisible rookie. This is based on confessional/talking head count (and other statistics). It's an interesting read if you have time. By their own count, these are the most invisible rookies from each season (3-14).

Season 14: Kelcey
Season 13: Caroline
Season 12: Alexis
Season 11: Selina
Season 10: Amy L.
Season 9: Victoria
Season 8: Samantha
Season 7: Kinzie
Season 6: Cassie K.
Season 5: Alyssa Sarasani
Season 4: Carey DePasquale
Season 3: Michelle Keys

Speaking of Michelle Keys, she looks 10x better with lighter hair.

Caroline should be point. I think she's the best dancer they have.

I also think Selina was underrated.

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, DCCOracle said:

One of my favorite parts of the DCC Fandom wiki page: The Unofficial Carey DePasquale Award for most invisible rookie. This is based on confessional/talking head count (and other statistics). It's an interesting read if you have time. By their own count, these are the most invisible rookies from each season (3-14).

Season 14: Kelcey
Season 13: Caroline
Season 11: Selina
Season 9: Victoria
Season 8: Samantha
Season 7: Kinzie
Season 6: Cassie K.
Season 5: Alyssa Sarasani
Season 4: Carey DePasquale
Season 3: Michelle Keys

Season 15: McKenzie? I hardly remember her from last season and now she's ROTY

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, DCCOracle said:

Ok. 

So I get that this is counting talking heads and "confessionals," but LMAO Alexis wasn't invisible LOL.

Not to any straight guy anyways. 😂

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, DCCOracle said:

I didn’t even know Amy was on the team til her 5th year 😂😂😂

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, vanillagum said:

yeah according to dcc wiki (lol), she was only in TC season 9, and then again when she made the team in season 12. i think she was seen at season 10 finals with a different shade. but for some reason i feel like she originally showed up with the brown color, before makeovers

Sheridan was a Dallas Mavericks Dancer sometime between her season 11 and season 15 appearances. That may be why she didn't try out again until season 15, after the Mavs dancers were no more.

Christina R. is first visible in Season 6 at auditions. She had that brown hair then too, and didn't make it into Training Camp. Funny thing is, at the same auditions were Keyra from Season 12, and of course Kalli Fullerton and Jordyn Ketchum. Season 6's auditions was like a bridge year of sorts. Bridging the older seasons with the newer.

6 hours ago, Lona said:

Ok. 

So I get that this is counting talking heads and "confessionals," but LMAO Alexis wasn't invisible LOL.

Not to any straight guy anyways😂

As a straight male, I can confirm. Alexis was NEVER invisible. I still cross my fingers one of her sisters will try out. That's a beautiful family.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I am one of the few folks who really liked Christina. Things didn't come easily for her, so perhaps I related to that. She did 3 years, and left without causing any scandals during her time as a DCC. Not everyone on the team is going to be a superstar. She lived her dream, left on her own terms, and I am happy for her.

I, of course,  know that everyone has their favorites and least favorites, not trying to change anyone's mind on her. The opinions are what makes this forum so interesting.

• Love 10
(edited)
11 hours ago, StellaCL said:

Amy came to my attention her third year trying out. Why? Because someone naming no names (Amy) totally fucked up the split jump on Game day practice and actually went into the split jump on game day practice instead of, (guys help me out I am not a dancer so I do not know the technical name of it) just stick her legs out in that standing position and nearly gave herself and the 2 girls to her either side and injury.

I think Kalli Fullerton was never right for DCC I think Kelli just found her totally cute and had brought her in to training camp just to see if she improved. As for Kathryn Dunn ... Erm how much dancing on court did she actually do for the 3 years that she was a Mavs? Or was she just like Malena and was solely an appearance girl? Between Kalli and Kathryn, Kalli came across grateful, mature and actually likeable both times, but Kathryn did come across the opposite and and her dancing was just not great either!!!

Edited by Uk-Eve
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Agent Gully said:

I am one of the few folks who really liked Christina. Things didn't come easily for her, so perhaps I related to that. She did 3 years, and left without causing any scandals during her time as a DCC. Not everyone on the team is going to be a superstar. She lived her dream, left on her own terms, and I am happy for her.

I, of course,  know that everyone has their favorites and least favorites, not trying to change anyone's mind on her. The opinions are what makes this forum so interesting.

I too really liked Christina and her story and that she finally reached her goals and had a decent tenure on the team without being sacrificed like other vets were. She left Dallas and moved to my area right after she retired.  My daughter (who watches Pluto with me sometimes) and I are bound to run into her one day and will we be able to contain awkward gawking from a distance? I hope so, at least 😆 

• Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, Uk-Eve said:

(guys help me out I am not a dancer so I do not know the technical name of it) just stick her legs out in that standing position and nearly gave herself and the 2 girls to her either side and injury.

I believe in technical terms its a landing into a spaced fifth position. ( Also this is just what my ballet teacher would say) BUT in DCC world they would just call it "Marking the Jump Split" 

Edited by assylamaps
  • Love 2

Can someone help me out? I keep reading that Hannah and Brennan were offered the chance to take 2020 off and come back and audition in 2021. I remember that "offer" for Brennan but I don't remember it for Hannah. I just watched her office visit (about dancing with bugs in her basement) and it wasn't mentioned. I don't have access to the other episodes. Was she "offered" this chance in another episode?

• Love 2
(edited)
24 minutes ago, assylamaps said:

I have a question about the jinnelle situation. I saw it mentioned on a previous form, anyone want to fill me in? 

also what does TBTD meaning? 

If you’re talking about the Jinelle situation with Victoria… Kelli asked to Jinelle to help Victoria with weight management. She reached out multiple times and even made appointments for her, and Victoria ignored her. Victoria ended up getting called into the office with Jinelle there, and got called out. Jinelle even told her if she didn’t want the help she should’ve just let her know. Big yikes moment. Kelli ended up telling Victoria that she needs to treat DCC as a job and that she doesn’t think she’s ready. I believe she got cut the next time she got called into the office or maybe even the time after that. Can’t remember lol.

Edited by 123dcc
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, assylamaps said:

I have a question about the jinnelle situation. I saw it mentioned on a previous form, anyone want to fill me in? 

also what does TBTD meaning? 

Jinelle was appointed by Kelli to help Victoria with her eating habits and how to get to the desired weight but there was some ‘disconnect’ about this and Jinelle was present at the office visit about this (season 13 I believe). There was a doctors appointment Victoria didnt go to because she wanted to deal with it with people who knew what they were talking about (since Jinelle was a natural skinny, according to Victoria) without informing Jinelle.

I don’t know TBTD, only TPTB, the powers that be. 

45 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

I don’t know TBTD, only TPTB, the powers that be.

On FB, they are now TIIC and today, they were TDFIC....lol

1 hour ago, Tuxcat said:

Can someone help me out? I keep reading that Hannah and Brennan were offered the chance to take 2020 off and come back and audition in 2021. I remember that "offer" for Brennan but I don't remember it for Hannah. I just watched her office visit (about dancing with bugs in her basement) and it wasn't mentioned. I don't have access to the other episodes. Was she "offered" this chance in another episode?

I don't remember the "offer" for Hannah.  It's kind of like how only Taylor J got the "offer" to have a one day tryout.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 5/28/2021 at 11:49 PM, StellaCL said:

She was the most forgettable DCC ever... I've never seen a more vanilla blender in the years I've watched the show 😝

• Love 3

I am rewatching Season 6 and loved that they called the girls out for social media and did a seminar on it. I wonder how that would go nowadays. 

I also read that S6 rookie Cassie Kathleen made show group her rookie season but got cut at finals the next year had no air time whatsoever in S6 and only airtime in S7 was her getting cut. I wonder why she had the lack of airtime.

I hadn’t seen a rookie make SG and then get cut besides Kaitlin LeGrand. Anyone know if she’s doing ok nowadays? 

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, Kdtennis91 said:

I hadn’t seen a rookie make SG and then get cut besides Kaitlin LeGrand. Anyone know if she’s doing ok nowadays? 

Sunni Cranfill made SG, but got cut anyway during Season 3

And I believe someone had said Kaitlin was doing better and had found a job

• Love 3
(edited)
9 hours ago, Kdtennis91 said:

I am rewatching Season 6 and loved that they called the girls out for social media and did a seminar on it. I wonder how that would go nowadays. 

I also read that S6 rookie Cassie Kathleen made show group her rookie season but got cut at finals the next year had no air time whatsoever in S6 and only airtime in S7 was her getting cut. I wonder why she had the lack of airtime.

Haha, yeah I remember them showing Cassie's on-camera interview after she was cut, I was like, "WHO???"  I don't think we saw her once her rookie year, I just looked at the DCC:MTT wiki and you're right she did make show group.  

I agree, I liked seeing the social media seminars.  And Kelli calling out Taylor specifically.  "That place you were at looked nasty."  LOL

Edited by aeroluv327
  • LOL 1
2 minutes ago, Survivor197 said:

With Tess and VK gone.. does that make almost everyone from Tess’ group of 2019 either cut or retired? If I recall... Lily, Hannah, Meredith, and Brennan were in her group? 

I believe Gina is in this group. Also Taylor, unless she moved groups.
Gina is the obvious choice for GL this year.
Don't they rearrange groups sometimes? So your group one year might be different the next?

• Useful 1
12 minutes ago, Survivor197 said:

With Tess and VK gone.. does that make almost everyone from Tess’ group of 2019 either cut or retired? If I recall... Lily, Hannah, Meredith, and Brennan were in her group? 

Taylor and Kat and Gina are the only one In that group they are still there 

• Love 3