Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

On 4/24/2021 at 1:39 PM, aeroluv327 said:

I mean, just look at Jenna or Maddie in their rookie years vs. their 5th or 6th year.  By Kelli's standards, they should have both been on weight warning. 

Ok, I’ll admit, you got me confused here. Maddie; absolutely! I would kill to have that body but yes, she got pretty soft especially around her waist.

As for Jenna: Agreed, the teeny tiny little girl in her rookie year became a woman. That’s what I noticed too, but big enough to be on weight warning?? I didn’t see it then and don’t see it now. If I remember correctly, there was a picture of Jenna with a friend in a pool which was shown here on the forum. Some of us actually commented that she looked better here and post-DCC with a few extra pounds and some feminine curves...

• Love 3
2 hours ago, LilyD said:

Ok, I’ll admit, you got me confused here. Maddie; absolutely! I would kill to have that body but yes, she got pretty soft especially around her waist.

As for Jenna: Agreed, the teeny tiny little girl in her rookie year became a woman. That’s what I noticed too, but big enough to be on weight warning?? I didn’t see it then and don’t see it now. If I remember correctly, there was a picture of Jenna with a friend in a pool which was shown here on the forum. Some of us actually commented that she looked better here and post-DCC with a few extra pounds and some feminine curves...

I wasn't saying that Jenna should have been on weight warning, I don't think that at all.  But if Kelli was following the "no weight gain at all once you make the squad", then she would have been.  

1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

I am on the Pluto rotation and Kelli's Spanish 1 vocabulary words bug the ever loving sh*t out of me. 

Ro - ho!!  Ro - ho!!  And don't forget the international sign for "trip off the end of a poorly built runway"

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I am on the Pluto rotation and Kelli's Spanish 1 vocabulary words bug the ever loving sh*t out of me. 

One of my biggest bugbears! If she could speak more than a handful of words, I'd be impressed but it sounds like she only knows about 3.

• Love 1

I was watching I think season 4 (or 5) and I really felt bad for Margaret. By all accounts, she seemed like an incredibly sweet girl. I don't remember seeing her dance, but it didn't seem like dance was the issue. Kelli basically told her that she was too ugly to be a DCC. Why bring her into training camp at all if you're just going to insult her? Her hair was beautiful curly too and they straightened it to look like everyone else. Meghan Martinez was another one that Kelli basically said wasn't pretty enough to be a cheerleader. Then she totally lied and said something like she was too technical and that the dances are just power pom.  In later seasons all she does is rave about someone's technical training so which is it Kelli?

I thought both Margaret and Meghan M were lovely and deserved better. 

Lately I've been really feeling bad for all the girls that have been flat out humiliated on the show. They didn't deserve that. .... well except maybe Vivian.. :)

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Speaking of cringe worthy scenes I always hated that scene where Demi Lovato is talking with Jinelle. “So I hear your mom cheered with our choreographer Judy ?” Says Jinelle and it’s such a forced conversation and Demi’s attitude screams she didn’t want to be there or talk with them. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, DancingDina13 said:

Speaking of cringe worthy scenes I always hated that scene where Demi Lovato is talking with Jinelle. “So I hear your mom cheered with our choreographer Judy ?” Says Jinelle and it’s such a forced conversation and Demi’s attitude screams she didn’t want to be there or talk with them. 

No Demi seemed very engaging. I just think it was cringy because the other girls were just standing around watching listening to just Jinelle and Demi have a conversation. In social settings, when two people are separately having a convo with many people standing there and tuning in, it’s awkward. The other girls probably got to talk to her too which we don’t know for sure since we just saw Jinelle talking, but I kind of wish I saw someone else leading the conversation with Demi aside from Jinelle. 

• Love 2

This is a long one so please do stick with me but at the risk of being booed off of here . . . (;

Am I the only one that wasn’t all that floored by the veteran candidate cuts last season? I’ve been binging the seasons (a little out of order) and trying to catch up on these boards (but there is A LOT here). Most of the comments seem to disagree with the cuts. 
In the industry you’re often times hired for one year, and that is your contract. At the end of that year, you audition with the rest of the newcomers. If you fit the directors’ visions for that year, congrats one more year. If not, thank you for your time we owe you nothing.

I understand that this year brought upon everyone unprecedented circumstances and was a little disappointed to see how they were handled but I’m not sure I disagree with the cuts entirely. 
It seems that Hannah and Brennan were offered to defer their training camps (maybe I misunderstood) and come back when they were feeling better. This is more than most performers are offered. 
Also, as much as I love watching Brennan’s journey and think she is probably a fabulous teammate; she is difficult to watch perform even at her best. She dances like she is being held at gun point and forced to- maybe this was a product of the environment she was in. Who knows. I think Hannah may have been fabulous in a modern dance company or a niche-contemporary troop. She dances angrily for ‘DCC style’. At first it came off as spunky and hard hitting but when she lost that this year, her personality wasn’t translating in her dance and like I said, the best word I could come up with for how she looked is ‘angry’. She was dancing like she didn’t want to be there. I wish they had taken time to recoup to 100%. 

Lily’s cut broke my heart to watch. Season 14 was the first season I watched and I was such a fan. I think she would’ve done way better in a different group. Say what you will about Victoria but I do think dancing next to her is one of the things that saved Lily last year (not that Victoria saved her but dancing next to someone other than MM lol). When she was lumped in with Meredith and Madeline they treated them as a group instead of recognizing her strengths (she was by far the strongest of the 3). I think they just always lumped her with Meredith unfortunately and should’ve allowed her to shine in group 3.  I was so sad to see her cut but I understand the frustration of a choreographer of having the same notes for someone year over year. Do you cut your losses and hope that you can fill the shoes or do you keep banging your head on the wall. To be clear for Lily, I would’ve banged my head on the wall lol. 
This is getting crazy in length so I’m Going to conclude with Meredith by saying I really don’t understand how she made the team in the first place. I don’t. She’s beautiful- there’s my something nice to say. 

Like I said I’m slowly catching up on these threads and I try to search old forums before posting but thank you all for sticking with me here!

Xx

Edited by Raffthelaugh
  • Love 6
On 3/31/2021 at 4:54 PM, allitator said:

“But she’s so pretty...” *eye roll*

One of my favorite moments was when Judy said she’s tired of pretty girls who can’t kick. Do we think Kelli let her eat that night? Is that how she ended up on the stool? 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Raffthelaugh said:

One of my favorite moments was when Judy said she’s tired of pretty girls who can’t kick. Do we think Kelli let her eat that night? Is that how she ended up on the stool? 

Haha if I recall correctly she even said that to one of the TCC’s during an office visit!  Truly they have no filter. 

• LOL 1
7 hours ago, Raffthelaugh said:

In the industry you’re often times hired for one year, and that is your contract. At the end of that year, you audition with the rest of the newcomers. If you fit the directors’ visions for that year, congrats one more year. If not, thank you for your time we owe you nothing.

Great point. I think logically we know that, but then we have our favorites and it gets emotional.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 4/19/2021 at 2:56 PM, RedDelicious said:

Last night Kat's interview scene was on Pluto. Love her or hate her, Brenda and Charlotte did her dirty and that was NOT fair. I would categorize DCC dress up days as Ladies Who Lunch, not business casual and certainly not business professional. I thought her dress was fine and I am typically pretty conservative about things like that. She looked pulled together and I thought the cut touts were a fun touch. Not at all suggestive. I felt so bad for her. And Charlotte going on about how she seemed "disinterested". Well Brenda just humiliated her, what did you expect? If Kat got out-danced, that was one thing. But what they did to her during interviews was not right.

The more I see Kat's interview and cut I feel like it was a set-up ahead of time. Someone wanted to cut her prior to tryouts and it got spun for that TV suspense and flair. Unfortunately, she is no exception. Seems like every season they single out a veteran and are completely contradictory in their judgements (Keyra, Tara, Hannah, Kristen - I feel like all 4 of them were set up and "spun" in a certain way for TV). Kat's interview wasn't even that bad which was then followed by the mess of Jessika in Season 13 with and embarrassing and miserable interview, but in that special DCC way it  was never mentioned again and Jessika sailed right into her third year on the team. 

Edited by StellaCL
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, ByTor said:

Great point. I think logically we know that, but then we have our favorites and it gets emotional.

Yea I understand that. It’s probably also different for those that have watched year over year and seen them “grow” as opposed to just binging all of the seasons out of order which I may or may not have done lol

6 minutes ago, Raffthelaugh said:

Yea I understand that. It’s probably also different for those that have watched year over year and seen them “grow” as opposed to just binging all of the seasons out of order which I may or may not have done lol

I think it was more the context of the time. The how (over zoom in succession), the when (after only one week of camp), the why (many teams elected to not host auditions <let alone a reality show> and just keep their vets in 2020)... There are many who opposed the cuts because DCC touts itself as a humanitarian sisterhood. So to watch a self- promoting REALITY show chop its hurting vets at the height of an unknown and scary time... was questionable. I think it was less about the dancers themselves and more about everything else.  Plus there were all sorts of conspiracy theories because all the cut vets came from the same group. Vets get cut every year... last year was just different.

• Love 8
17 hours ago, DancingDina13 said:

I found the entire Demi segment forced and uncomfortable.  Demi looked like she didn't even want to be there.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, StellaCL said:

The more I see Kat's interview and cut I feel like it was a set-up ahead of time. Someone wanted to cut her prior to tryouts and it got spun for that TV suspense and flair. Unfortunately, she is no exception. Seems like every season they single out a veteran and are completely contradictory in their judgements (Keyra, Tara, Hannah, Kristen - I feel like all 4 of them were set up and "spun" in a certain way for TV). Kat's interview wasn't even that bad which was then followed by the mess of Jessica in Season 13 with and embarrassing and miserable interview, but in that special DCC way it  was never mentioned again and Jessica sailed right into her third year on the team. 

Yep. 💯 Been saying the same for years. “Gymnastics” Kat, “Firecracker” Keyra, “Well someone will like her” Teri. Sometimes you are in, sometimes you are out. And once you are out in KelFines mind, there’s no getting back in. 

I hate to “hate” on girls...but I never understood the appeal of Jessika. (Not Jessica Marie or Jessica Allison, who were both adorable IMO). Jessika reminds me of Lauren Conrad...whom I find completely generic...forgettable...in DCC vernacular, “vanilla.”  And after she fumbled her way through her...what...third finals interview? KelFine has cut girls for significantly more minor reasons.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, KnyghtRyder said:

I hate to “hate” on girls...but I never understood the appeal of Jessika. (Not Jessica Marie or Jessica Allison, who were both adorable IMO). Jessika reminds me of Lauren Conrad...whom I find completely generic...forgettable...in DCC vernacular, “vanilla.”  And after she fumbled her way through her...what...third finals interview? KelFine has cut girls for significantly more minor reasons.  

Didn't Tasha mess up her panel interview in her 2nd or 3rd season?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

Didn't Tasha mess up her panel interview in her 2nd or 3rd season?

She fumbled with the answers, but I thought she handled it maturely and responsibly. (Tho knowing the answer would have been best!)

I think a lot of questions are just to see how they handle a gotcha question in real life - if they’re approached with politics/harassment/etc at appearances, will they keep their cool? Tasha was a mature, well liked presence in the locker room, super pretty glamour girl for the squad, killer swimsuit pics, and a mom...girl wasn’t going anywhere. 

As for Kat, I always thought the dress was ill fitting, so wondered if the placement of those cut outs showed way more than they should have. That dress without the cut outs at the rib/torso/possibly lower chest area would have been perfection. Loved that bright pink. 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, kalibean said:

As for Kat, I always thought the dress was ill fitting, so wondered if the placement of those cut outs showed way more than they should have.

The fit of that dress always bothered me more than the cut outs. I mean, the cut outs were a stupid choice for an interview setting, but that fit made them just look like menopause venting rather than some kind of sexy peek-a-boo look. 

• LOL 3

I thought Kat's dress was inappropriate, but I hated how they acted like they had no history with her. She was a vet, so clearly, she had been on appearances before. If she had always represented the DCCs well in the past (including her attire), and that appeared to be the case, then that should have had more weight than one poor choice of dress for an interview. Also, she was clearly embarrassed by the way Brenda dressed her down, so I think it's pretty safe to say that she was never going to make that error again. 

I did however think that she was one of the weaker dancers, so I didn't have an issue with her cut. I just thought her dress was the least of her issues. 

• Love 10
On 4/30/2021 at 4:20 PM, StellaCL said:

Kat's interview wasn't even that bad which was then followed by the mess of Jessika in Season 13 with and embarrassing and miserable interview, but in that special DCC way it  was never mentioned again and Jessika sailed right into her third year on the team. 

Yes! That annoyed me so much seeing as how Jessika gave perhaps one of the worst interviews or all time as well as solo that year and they did nothing . Way better performers have been cut for far less . Maybe it’s just I never saw the appeal with Jessika in the first place and didn’t care for her but ugh ! 

• Love 10
22 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I thought Kat's dress was inappropriate, but I hated how they acted like they had no history with her. She was a vet, so clearly, she had been on appearances before. If she had always represented the DCCs well in the past (including her attire), and that appeared to be the case, then that should have had more weight than one poor choice of dress for an interview. Also, she was clearly embarrassed by the way Brenda dressed her down, so I think it's pretty safe to say that she was never going to make that error again. 

I did however think that she was one of the weaker dancers, so I didn't have an issue with her cut. I just thought her dress was the least of her issues. 

And since every interview, media day etc since then has seen one-shouldered dresses, high slits, dresses that are way too tight, etc. that was a bit of a joke.  

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Opine said:

And since every interview, media day etc since then has seen one-shouldered dresses, high slits, dresses that are way too tight, etc. that was a bit of a joke.  

right. they probably were going to get rid of kat anyway, sadly

• Love 6
On 2/6/2021 at 7:40 PM, DCCFan2021 said:

Words that are way overused on this show and that I absolutely hate:

Heartbreaking

Devestating

Nerve-wracking

Any additions?

PRESSURE.  If I had a dollar for every time Judy or Kelli said "the pressure's really on," or "the girls are really feeling the pressure," I would never have to work again!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, 88Keys said:

PRESSURE.  If I had a dollar for every time Judy or Kelli said "the pressure's really on," or "the girls are really feeling the pressure," I would never have to work again!

If we had a dollar for every time Morgan said it we would still be rich !

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Watching the season 7 finals episode and it's so interesting to see the difference between Jessica and Jenna. With Jenna, she always appeared short, even when she was just in the frame by herself. Jessica, even though she was only one or two inches taller, never looks short to me until I see her at the very end of the kickline and/or next to Jenna and I realize all over again that she must have been tiny.

• Love 1
On 3/19/2021 at 4:14 PM, Mabinogia said:

Everyone wants to stand out...in the exact same way. haha

"Everyone's special.  Which is another way of saying no one is."  

On 3/31/2021 at 12:31 PM, TB12 said:

I LOVED Karissa too. I didn't realize people didn't like her, was there anything in particular

Karissa's awful brassy hair and pimples bothered me.  However, she looked amazing once they gave her a make-over.  

On 4/19/2021 at 1:05 PM, CrazyMoon said:

My lowest adult weight was 121 at 5-6" for about 5 minutes in my late 20s...I could wear a size 6...height/weight tables said 120 to 155 depending on body frame/structure. That said, I looked awful. My doctor was concerned...It didn't work for me because I have a larger/curvier frame. Some women are natural thin/slim...I'm not one of them. 

Yep.  I was 5'3-ish and 125 pounds at my thinnest.  Size 4-6.  Had someone told me I needed to lost TWENTY more pounds, I would have looked SKELETAL.  

I understand wanting the girls to look good in the uniform, but expecting them to maintain a number on the scale is ridiculous

• Love 2

I'm reaching Season 9 (aka Vivians poem season) and it's cracking me up.

They yelled at Kat a few seasons later for cut outs in her dress but in their Belk fashion seminar they showed someone (cant remember who now) as a fashion do for an afternoon tea wearing a dress with cut outs over the boobs!

They berated Hannah for falling out of her double pirouette but a few season later it was  chuckles and 'Oh only Victoria'  when she fell out during auditions. 

They are so contradictory! 

• Love 10

Kelly, Season 10, Cameo photo day: 'It's hard for the girls to pose in front of us, they think they are being judged!'

Kelly literally every other season: 'A cameo can make or break a girl, a bad cameo can affect her spot on the team!'

😐 😐 😐 😐 😐 😐 😐 😐 😐

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
46 minutes ago, onthebubble said:

Kelly, Season 10, Cameo photo day: 'It's hard for the girls to pose in front of us, they think they are being judged!'

Kelly literally every other season: 'A cameo can make or break a girl, a bad cameo can affect her spot on the team!'

😐 😐 😐 😐 😐 😐 😐 😐 😐

This is the same woman who says every year that they have more returning vets than ever.  

I don't think she watches the show

200.gif

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, onthebubble said:

Every time I hear that line I say "Maybe because they ARE???"

• Love 10
7 hours ago, DCCOracle said:

Same woman who hates the "arm(s) over the head" pose, (#ImACheerleader) but is also the director and could easily prevent it from happening.

Same woman who allowed such a pose to appear on 17 out of the 36 cameo photos for 2020.

When she was mocking that pose she made it seem like the girls wanted to do it.

10 minutes ago, Kamal said:

I have only seen season 13 and after so this post on reddit really surprised me. How did Jennifer A become 2GL in her second season? (color coded 2GL overview by tenure)

Looks like Jennifer A really was liked by K and J. A few days ago everyone was talking about how Jennifer A is going to take over Kellie when time comes. This post convinced me.

Jennifer A. gets a lot of hate, but she's one of the most well-spoken people I've ever heard, and not just on the show. She could easily take over for Kelli if it came down to it.

They must have really been impressed with her from day 1. People say she didn't make it her first try, which I guess was Season 7, but after my 3267623 rewatches of that season, I still have yet to see her at auditions. I find it hard to believe she wouldn't have made it, and then blew the judges away that much, that fast.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 4/30/2021 at 5:35 PM, KnyghtRyder said:

I hate to “hate” on girls...but I never understood the appeal of Jessika. (Not Jessica Marie or Jessica Allison, who were both adorable IMO). Jessika reminds me of Lauren Conrad...whom I find completely generic...forgettable...in DCC vernacular, “vanilla.”  And after she fumbled her way through her...what...third finals interview? KelFine has cut girls for significantly more minor reasons

Jessika is one of my favs and I love her smile! She’s so cute, but even I don’t expect her to be appealing to everyone. I wish they would’ve made her hair a bit more glamorous or chic, it looked flat and bland the dark roots made it look kind of greasy. I think she would’ve looked good with Mackenzie Lee or Christina’s bob and less blonde as them. Also Jessica Purdy and Jessica Allison are also two of my favs. I may not like every DCC Jordan, but I ain’t never seen a DCC Jessica who I didn’t really like. Rookie Jessica Bowman I really like her too, but I wouldn’t call her my fav. 

Edited by filishtay
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, ShutterbugCAM said:

Jennifer A. gets a lot of hate, but she's one of the most well-spoken people I've ever heard, and not just on the show. She could easily take over for Kelli if it came down to it.

They must have really been impressed with her from day 1. People say she didn't make it her first try, which I guess was Season 7, but after my 3267623 rewatches of that season, I still have yet to see her at auditions. I find it hard to believe she wouldn't have made it, and then blew the judges away that much, that fast.

Well S7 is starting on Pluto right now if you want to look for the 3267624th time!

• LOL 4
9 hours ago, ShutterbugCAM said:

She might have been like Melissa W and just passed over at first because of figure.  Interesting to me who they focus on for that storyline, like LA Katy who killed it for dancing but they couldn’t get past her waistline. 

Like maybe they respect the local girls and tell them through the grapevine what they need to fix, tho I assume both Melissa and Jenn knew they weren’t uniform ready that first time but wanted to shoot their shot anyway. 

• Love 1

In season 6 Brenda says she’s not voting for Taylor.  Sees her coming back next year, she just needs to work on a few things.. how is she supposed to know what she would need to work on ???

Just rewatched Season 7, Episode 5. I forgot how much I enjoyed the portion of that episode where Judy and Kitty ran practice and held office meetings. The critiques, encouragement, and overall dialogue seemed clear and supportive. (Danielle and Jasmine's rookie season, episode where Jasmine shared about being born with a clubbed foot)

It also reminded me of how well Shelly RC worked with the girls on the kickline. I'd enjoy seeing more of her featured on the show if she's still working with the DCC as a technique coach.

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Meleighsa said:

Just rewatched Season 7, Episode 5. I forgot how much I enjoyed the portion of that episode where Judy and Kitty ran practice and held office meetings. The critiques, encouragement, and overall dialogue seemed clear and supportive. (Danielle and Jasmine's rookie season, episode where Jasmine shared about being born with a clubbed foot)

It also reminded me of how well Shelly RC worked with the girls on the kickline. I'd enjoy seeing more of her featured on the show if she's still working with the DCC as a technique coach.

I think I'm in the minority who like Kitty, probably because she's like most dance teachers I've had. That scene really painted her in a different light so I feel like she's been told to put on that over-the-top persona for the show.

Her critiques are better than 'sloppy', 'noodle-y' or 'crispy bacon'. 

Edited by DCC-UK
Spelling
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Meleighsa said:

I always see that as one of the reasons why the girls say they love Kitty. For as much hate as Kitty gets for being strict, I imagine she's one of those teachers who will talk to you one on one and really give you good feedback along with compliments/encouragement. We don't get to see that side of her enough because of editing, but I'm sure the girls see that often.

Shelly Roper worked well with the girls on the kickline, but I still dislike the way she talked about Amy Caroline to K & J during that episode. Critiquing her looks is understandable in that circumstance, but it still rubbed me the wrong way.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, filishtay said:

Jessika is one of my favs and I love her smile! She’s so cute, but even I don’t expect her to be appealing to everyone. I wish they would’ve made her hair a bit more glamorous or chic, it looked flat and bland the dark roots made it look kind of greasy. I think she would’ve looked good with Mackenzie Lee or Christina’s bob and less blonde as them. Also Jessica Purdy and Jessica Allison are also two of my favs. I may not like every DCC Jordan, but I ain’t never seen a DCC Jessica who I didn’t really like. Rookie Jessica Bowman I really like her too, but I wouldn’t call her my fav. 

Oh I fully agree that beauty is in eye of beholder so I definitely assumed Jessika had fans. But so many others had been cut (or never even chosen for TC) for far more mundane issues.  While I think Jessika is an attractive girl, I personally found her fairly vanilla and forgettable.  Particularly when her rookie mates were Heather, Maggie, Mandy, Tasha, Khalyn, and KelseyLo - probably some of the most beautiful girls they’ve had in recent years. I totally agree that they could have glammed Jessika up a lot more! Maybe she brought something to the team that didn’t translate to TV. I dont mean to attack Jessika, but I do think she is a good example of how Kelli’s preferences were all over the place depending on her personal feelings for the particular girl. 

• Love 5
(edited)
5 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Oh I fully agree that beauty is in eye of beholder so I definitely assumed Jessika had fans. But so many others had been cut (or never even chosen for TC) for far more mundane issues.  While I think Jessika is an attractive girl, I personally found her fairly vanilla and forgettable.  Particularly when her rookie mates were Heather, Maggie, Mandy, Tasha, Khalyn, and KelseyLo - probably some of the most beautiful girls they’ve had in recent years. I totally agree that they could have glammed Jessika up a lot more! Maybe she brought something to the team that didn’t translate to TV. I dont mean to attack Jessika, but I do think she is a good example of how Kelli’s preferences were all over the place depending on her personal feelings for the particular girl. 

You’re right! Beauty truly is in the eye of beholder cause you think Jessika is vanilla while thinking Maggie is beautiful. I don’t think Jessika is a stunner, but I can see why people think she’s just so vanilla, but with Maggie she’s even more vanilla than Jessika is to me and I could never see anything about her that’s caused her to be so appealing to others. Like with Tasha, Mandy and KelseyLo who I think are both just glamorous-type regular level pretty girls, I may not find them to be the most appealing, but I could see how others do, but with Maggie, I don’t see a single thing. I know how bad it sounds to say this cause I’m not being nice, but I’m sorry. Mandy’s look seems a bit more outdated for her time as a DCC. Her look would’ve been great for DCC 2012 - 2014 era, but not 2016. I didn’t even think the 2016 rookie class had many extremely pretty girls, they were just a few notches prettier than the 2015 rookie class which had the least. At least we are both on the same page about Khalyn, now she’s gorgeous! Holy moly! 

Edited by filishtay
  • Love 1

It still boggles my mind that milk toast Amy L made the team (and was half point) over the other girls who were cut her season. How was she more dynamic, fun to watch, prettier than Kaleigh, Courtney, Kyndall, Selena... especially with her long hair dragging her down her rookie season. I forgot she was even a rookie that season bc she was such a blender oh and how Kat made the team at all especially over those mentioned above...

• Love 3

Maggie gave me glammed up jock vibes...she’ll dance with grace and then also whip your ass at a softball tournament. Super approachable, not afraid to get dirty or mess up her hair. 

I think Kashara is like that too in personality, but didn’t have the sporty cute thing like Maggie, Christina, etc. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10

Idk if anyone has already made a thread on this topic, but I am going to try it anyways.

Ok people let's get our rage hats on and talk about trainees and veterans that YOU think were cut unfairly from the team. Let's keep it to training camp candidates and veterans only from Season 1 of Making the Team through Season 15 and beyond. 

I'll start with the most obvious one.
The one that still boggles my mind.
The one that keeps me up at night.
The one that fills me with such rage when I think about it.
Ok now I am just being dramatic.

But yes Hannah Anderson from the 2018 rookie class who was UNJUSTLY cut in Season 15 of Making the Team. I mean I think most of us on this forum can agree with not only Hannah's cut but with the entire season as a whole. It was horrible. So much so that I stopped watching it by I wanna say Episode 3 or 4. God there was so much BS going on, I couldn't handle it. 

Not only is she an AMAZING dancer, but I also connected with her life story. I remember her confessional in Season 15 when she was talking about her depression and anxiety. I was crying with her, I was like "I know EXACTLY how that feels." So yeah...let's just say, I was pissed when she was cut, lol.

But I guess I'll stop for now and let other people chime in. Who do YOU think was unjustly cut from the team?

• Love 11