Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

watching season 5 in full for the first time and is it just me or is it almost creepy how alike brooke and stephanie heymann look??? especially because they're best friends. and they even talk the same and have a similar disposition and voice lol it's weird

• Love 2
3 hours ago, vanillagum said:

watching season 5 in full for the first time and is it just me or is it almost creepy how alike brooke and stephanie heymann look??? especially because they're best friends. and they even talk the same and have a similar disposition and voice lol it's weird

She was definitely Brooke 2.0.  Right down to the "good dancer but needs to lose weight" storyline.  

• Love 7
8 hours ago, DCCFan2021 said:

Words that are way overused on this show and that I absolutely hate:

Heartbreaking

Devestating

Nerve-wracking

Any additions?

CLUNKY. It's the least constructive criticism going!

• Love 4
9 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

CLUNKY. It's the least constructive criticism going!

Also "sloppy."  I'm watching the season Yuko made it, and Judy told her "your feet are sloppy." I really doubt Yuko, who barely spoke English, had any clue what Judy was talking about.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
31 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Also "sloppy."  I'm watching the season Yuko made it, and Judy told her "your feet are sloppy." I really doubt Yuko, who barely spoke English, had any clue what Judy was talking about.

I have no clue what Judy is talking about.................They aren't placed correctly, they aren't pointed............just say it Judy.

then there's Judy's messy.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, Lexusprincess said:

I have no clue what Judy is talking about.................They aren't placed correctly, they aren't pointed............just say it Judy.

then there's Judy's messy.

Funny you should say that, because Judy ONCE AGAIN told Yuko "Your feet are sloppy..." followed by"...they look messy" 😂

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Noodley

Stiff

Thiswillbeyourlastnightthedecisionisfinal.

Was Rachel Buckmaster the only one who Judy called noodley?

Kelli called Lacey M "plastic and mannequin - like".

15 hours ago, ByTor said:

When they say sloppy feet, I never know if they mean incorrect placement or floppy ankles! 

• Love 4

For anybody who subscribes to Sling TV, they are adding some channels free for a limited time & CMT is one of them. They have on demand episodes from seasons 8-9 and seasons 14-15.

• Love 1

I want the unedited stuff. The stuff they think will bore us or something    I wanna see the stuff we see in reflections while someone is doing a talking head   And I wanna stop landing on Pluto when it is Kelly popcorn’s season 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

watching s10 on pluto now. something that never fails to give me a chuckle is when shelbi, when pulled into an office meeting with kitty, k, and j, cites breelan, ashley pro, and mallory, as her friends and former teammates whose 'same potential' she thinks she has...LOL

the potential to, in mallory's case, not make the team at all, or in ashley pro and breelan's cases, to audition more than once, barely squeak onto the team, and then swiftly get cut after their first year? l m a o

not a shelbi fan ❤️

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
30 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

watching s10 on pluto now. something that never fails to give me a chuckle is when shelbi, when pulled into an office meeting with kitty, k, and j, cites breelan, ashley pro, and mallory, as her friends and former teammates whose 'same potential' she thinks she has...LOL

the potential to, in mallory's case, not make the team at all, or in ashley pro and breelan's cases, to audition more than once, barely squeak onto the team, and then swiftly get cut after their first year? l m a o

not a shelbi fan ❤️

I'm watching right now, too!  LOL, yeah I don't know why Shelbi thought that those three would be impressive to Kelli.

I always am so sad about Karen's cut in this season!  She was a doll, I thought she should have been on the team.

This was a strong rookie class!  Megan C., Amy T., Kashara, Holly P., Robin.  I don't think she was a fan favorite necessarily, but I really liked Simone, too.  She is so gorgeous!

• Love 6
On 2/7/2021 at 4:04 PM, TB12 said:

God's plan... 

That drives me nuts! That and the "everything happens for a reason" crap. 

God has more important things to worry about then whether or not you make a dance team. 

I also want to scream every time Melissa R says "in your own head" 

"World Class" too.

• Love 6

Every time I watch Season Six on Pluto, I always get the feeling that Alyssa Torres wasn't all that thrilled to be on the team with her sister.  When Ashton hugs her after the team was announced, she just doesn't look that thrilled to me. I get the feeling she had to do things because Ashton did it. Just my opinion of course.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, aeroluv327 said:

I always am so sad about Karen's cut in this season!  She was a doll, I thought she should have been on the team.

I love this, I thought I was the only one who really liked & pulled for Karen! Not to mention, I have serious hair envy!!!

• Love 4
3 hours ago, tarheel220 said:

Every time I watch Season Six on Pluto, I always get the feeling that Alyssa Torres wasn't all that thrilled to be on the team with her sister.  When Ashton hugs her after the team was announced, she just doesn't look that thrilled to me. I get the feeling she had to do things because Ashton did it. Just my opinion of course.

Seriously, and she kept that lack of enthusiasm throughout. Probably why she got cut right after rookie year! 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, kalibean said:

Seriously, and she kept that lack of enthusiasm throughout. Probably why she got cut right after rookie year! 

She also messed up her panel interview. I also noticed she didn't seem as upset (not crying) when she got cut.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, tarheel220 said:

This, plus the fact that she didn't seem devastated when she didn't make the squad the following year.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, bjo1969 said:

This, plus the fact that she didn't seem devastated when she didn't make the squad the following year.

Yeah, I actually admired that she seemed to have a much more level-headed reaction to her cut.  Usually girls act like their life is over but she was kind of like, "It's ok, I'm only 19.  On to the next thing!"  

• Love 7
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

I thought I remembered Alyssa being teary eyed in her post-cut interview.

She was, but she seemed like she had the attitude "it is what it is" and seemed ready to move on after getting cut, at least to me, anyway.

Edited by bjo1969
  • Love 7
18 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

Did I see Cassie in an early season two episode and she didn’t make the team? If it was her, did she make it into training camp? I tuned out quickly. 

I doubt it, I think she would have been too young that year.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, woodscommaelle said:

I could have sworn she was sitting next to Ally Traylor when she (Ally) got called to go to the next round.  

Hmmmm...maybe it was season 3 after all.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I swear Cassie made the team as soon as she was old enough to audition.

3 hours ago, Dtowngal5280 said:

They called season 10 Simone "noodley"

Speaking of that, I'm reminded of Chandler, how she was told she's going down the field "like a chicken"...and also KC Chiefs Ashley was told she "waddled." I hope those silly critiques were expanded upon off-camera!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Maybe I'm wrong, but I swear Cassie made the team as soon as she was old enough to audition.

I remember the same thing, she tried out as soon as she was old enough and had just graduated high school.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, aeroluv327 said:

I remember the same thing, she tried out as soon as she was old enough and had just graduated high school.

She just turned 32 yesterday, so she was 19 when she tried out and a freshman in college.  She was on her college cheer team.

• Love 3

Chelsea was in the sporty cute category when she tried out with a line of BS but they loved it.  She struggled towards the end of the training camp and then her attitude got her cut.  Had she gained weight yes, did she look all that bad not in the real world.

Now she may be curvier but she has really glammed herself up and she looks good.  Not sure she really needed the boob job but it's whatever makes you happy.  She seems happy in her skin and in her life.  Good for her.  Chelsea can enjoy her life now without ever worrying a glass of wine is going to kill her diet.  

• Love 3

I always thought Chelsea was very tacky. Even the wording on their website about who is invited to their rescheduled wedding is tacky. She lacks couth. Her fiancé seems nice enough so I can’t help but wonder if she talked her way onto that team too.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

She just turned 32 yesterday, so she was 19 when she tried out and a freshman in college.  She was on her college cheer team.

OK, so she couldn't have tried the prior year because she would have been a junior in high school that May.

• Love 1

Random fun question: What is your favorite unintentional moment in the show?

For me, it's this one funny moment after the first game of the season.  I'll have to catch it again on Pluto to remember which season, but I'm guessing 4 or 5.  They showed the cheerleaders walking into the locker room after the first game, giving thumbs-up or smiling at the camera.  Then Tia walks in, looks straight at the camera and says, "We lost."  There's a voice-over happening, so you don't hear her but her mouth clearly says it!  For some reason it just cracks me up.

Runner-up: Melissa Rycroft's mentoring session at the coffee shop in season 9.  She was holding what was very clearly a fake cup of coffee, the liquid and straw didn't move even as she flailed her hands about.  Then when Vivian says she has trouble with her confidence, Melissa deadpans, "You hide it well."  LOL

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
On 2/15/2021 at 4:45 PM, woodscommaelle said:

Did I see Cassie in an early season two episode and she didn’t make the team? If it was her, did she make it into training camp? I tuned out quickly. 

Now I'm curious and want to look at season 2 auditions again just to see.

I kind of like looking at past seasons and seeing who tried out when i never noticed before.

Idk if it was talked about on here before, but it reminds me of Jordyn Ketchum, who was a season 3 rookie and just did the 1 year as a DCC, trying back out in Season 6 and not making Training Camp. She's in white at prelims and can be seen throughout prelims and semis, but the show never recognizes she's there. I always thought she was super pretty, so she caught my attention.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, ShutterbugCAM said:

Now I'm curious and want to look at season 2 auditions again just to see.

I kind of like looking at past seasons and seeing who tried out when i never noticed before.

Idk if it was talked about on here before, but it reminds me of Jordyn Ketchum, who was a season 3 rookie and just did the 1 year as a DCC, trying back out in Season 6 and not making Training Camp. She's in white at prelims and can be seen throughout prelims and semis, but the show never recognizes she's there. I always thought she was super pretty, so she caught my attention.

That's funny because I could have sworn that I spotted Cassie in season 2 but convinced myself that I must not have seen it correctly since we didn't see her audition until the next year.  It's possible that she auditioned at 18 or maybe she just has a doppelganger out there!

I also like spotting people who auditioned and then later made the team!  I've spotted Stephanie (don't remember her last name, she made the team in season 10 or 11, really pretty with long red hair; she had very dark hair when I spotted her in a prelim round); Kim Nicole (interviewing at finals in I believe season 5 or 6); Kali Nicole (also in finals in 5 or 6); S13 rookie Hannah (she was in a montage of "bad kicks" at finals in season 11 or 12).  I'm sure I've seen others but those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head.

I'll have to keep an eye out for Jordyn Ketchum, that's strange that they didn't highlight her!  I feel like we always get shown when a former DCC re-auditions.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, DCCOracle said:

Oh, good find!  That does look like Chantel in the second pic.  Edit: There's a better pic of Chantel auditioning, she is #223.  I also spotted Emily in another pic (later made the team in season 7), sitting right next to Courtney Cook in the stadium.

I miss those pastel track suits.  I keep saying that they'd be the perfect pandemic/quarantine outfit.  I wish I'd held on to some of mine lol.

Edited by aeroluv327
More DCC spotting
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, aeroluv327 said:

That's funny because I could have sworn that I spotted Cassie in season 2 but convinced myself that I must not have seen it correctly since we didn't see her audition until the next year.  It's possible that she auditioned at 18 or maybe she just has a doppelganger out there!

I also like spotting people who auditioned and then later made the team!  I've spotted Stephanie (don't remember her last name, she made the team in season 10 or 11, really pretty with long red hair; she had very dark hair when I spotted her in a prelim round); Kim Nicole (interviewing at finals in I believe season 5 or 6); Kali Nicole (also in finals in 5 or 6); S13 rookie Hannah (she was in a montage of "bad kicks" at finals in season 11 or 12).  I'm sure I've seen others but those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head.

I'll have to keep an eye out for Jordyn Ketchum, that's strange that they didn't highlight her!  I feel like we always get shown when a former DCC re-auditions.

Stephanie auditioned in season 7 or 8 (I really think it was 8 ) with that dark hair you mentioned. There's a quick closeup camera shot of her after all the training camp girls are announced and she's not chosen. I never noticed Kim, but now I have something else to look out for lol.

Kali Nicole also auditioned in season 3. She's there at Panel Interviews, but doesn't make it into training camp.

2 hours ago, DCCOracle said:

Yes, that's definitely Chantel. I remember seeing her a few times before she made it like 5 or so years later.

Edited by ShutterbugCAM
had to edit out an unintentional emoji
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, ShutterbugCAM said:

Stephanie auditioned in season 7 or 8 (I really think it was 8 ) with that dark hair you mentioned. There's a quick closeup camera shot of her after all the training camp girls are announced and she's not chosen. I never noticed Kim, but now I have something else to look out for lol.

Kali Nicole also auditioned in season 3. She's there at Panel Interviews, but doesn't make it into training camp.

Yes, that's definitely Chantel. I remember seeing her a few times before she made it like 5 or so years later.

You're right, Kali was at panel interviews in season 3, I think we also saw her one other time before she made it to training camp.  Actually, maybe season 3 was when I saw Kim, too?  I remember it was fairly early in the series, Kim's hair was darker.  I know she didn't make the team until her late 20's.

Side note: I always loved Kali's look, she looked like Jessica Simpson to me!

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, aeroluv327 said:

Side note: I always loved Kali's look, she looked like Jessica Simpson to me!

omg same, for me it was always a blend of jessica simpson + marilyn monroe + anna nicole smith? just the whole vibe? lmfao

i wish they had given her another chance re: her weight. she didn't look THAT soft

it must be so awkward to be a vet, retire, and reaudition later, and then not make it back 

jordyn retired right?

• Love 8