Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

On 12/9/2020 at 4:19 PM, scorpio1031 said:

I don't think Kalli Fullerton or Breelan ever lightened up on their eye makeup either

I just saw Kalli's second TC...the girl needs an orthodontist! That overbite is so distracting.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, CrazyMoon said:

I just saw Kalli's second TC...the girl needs an orthodontist! That overbite is so distracting.

Exactly! And how many times before did she comment on one of the girls overbite?? Several if I remember correctly, but she brought Kalli Fullerton in to training camp with an overbite and questionable dance skills!! Wouldn't consistency on this show be nice for once!!

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, CrazyMoon said:

I bet if she had made the squad, she would have been sent to the official DCC orthodontist - like Nicole H among others

Edited by scorpio1031

will forever have a soft spot for alexandra from season 9 TC. she wasn't ready but she was so gorgeous and sweet 😞 i would've loved to see her on the squad eventually. i was always taken aback by how much the cut hurt kelli. she really liked alexandra that much? i love that, just interesting seeing something so genuine from kelli...

i still don't get why they took chandler. she's just not cute. doesn't have the dcc look at ALL. WHY

• Love 6
1 hour ago, jlc said:

Exactly! And how many times before did she comment on one of the girls overbite?? Several if I remember correctly, but she brought Kalli Fullerton in to training camp with an overbite and questionable dance skills!! Wouldn't consistency on this show be nice for once!!

That was Kylie who was on the Stars Ice Girls

1 hour ago, vanillagum said:

will forever have a soft spot for alexandra from season 9 TC. she wasn't ready but she was so gorgeous and sweet 😞 i would've loved to see her on the squad eventually. i was always taken aback by how much the cut hurt kelli. she really liked alexandra that much? i love that, just interesting seeing something so genuine from kelli...

i still don't get why they took chandler. she's just not cute. doesn't have the dcc look at ALL. WHY

For all the flack Tina K gets about what she said about Chandler...I totally agreed.  Didn't need to be said on camera, though!  I guess they were going for the sporty cute vibe with her, but she looked so uncomfortable in front of the camera and didn't glam up.  She's probably super cute IRL but the camera just isn't as kind to her as others.

(And agreed about Alexandra!  I was bummed she didn't make it too, honestly.  Gorgeous, long legs, intelligent, special ed teacher, etc.  Kelli REALLY wanted her to get those memory issues figured out.)

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, 88Keys said:

I can't place Alexandra.  Was she the one who was late for her uniform fitting?

The one with the "unit" (you know, the term Kelli never heard of LOL).  I think she didn't try out the next year because she was pregnant.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, ByTor said:

The one with the "unit" (you know, the term Kelli never heard of LOL).  I think she didn't try out the next year because she was pregnant.

Oh, yeah.  Now I remember.  Loooong legs.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, 88Keys said:

Oh, yeah.  Now I remember.  Loooong legs.

And very pretty & would have been an excellent ambassador. You could tell Kelli really wanted her to make it...as did many DCC fans!

• Love 9
16 hours ago, kalibean said:

Her body is even more killer than I remember. Wow. I’m 6’0” but always been a chonk so can’t wrap my head around the mile long dancer legs 😂😂

I LOVED Alexandria too! LOVED her and another I cried for when they cut, she had it all! Agreed about her figure is amazing, i'm 5;3" with short, very strong thighs (think Viviane) oh Viv, I cried for her first cut, the second I was a little confused about the poem, probably still am... let's assume it was some editing tactics... 

• Love 4

So Paige the one who went to training camp for her honeymoon to the marine, she said she was living out of her car before moving in with Janelle, was she really living in her car? Also, how did she go from her honeymoon with the marine to then marrying a player? 

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, TB12 said:

So Paige the one who went to training camp for her honeymoon to the marine, she said she was living out of her car before moving in with Janelle, was she really living in her car? Also, how did she go from her honeymoon with the marine to then marrying a player? 

I took the living out of her car meaning everything was stored in there and she was probably staying at a hotel or something??

From what I remember (learned mostly thru this board), she and the marine huddy got divorced sometime during her rookie year and when she was called in to the office as a vet for weight, it was said here that it was probably why Kelli gave her some leeway (going through a divorce).  This is from her wedding website, and I'm sure TPTB love it (keep in mind 2013 was her rookie season & she didn't resign until May 2016....they didn't get engaged until Dec 2016 but you gotta assume there was some overlap)

Jeff & Paige met in 2013 at Texas Scottish Rite Children's Hospital during one of the few appearances the players & cheerleaders share. They both claimed to have noticed each other separately at a company Christmas party days before, and as fate would have it ended up in the same group during their visit. Little did they know that was the start of it all...

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, GaveIn said:

I took the living out of her car meaning everything was stored in there and she was probably staying at a hotel or something??

From what I remember (learned mostly thru this board), she and the marine huddy got divorced sometime during her rookie year and when she was called in to the office as a vet for weight, it was said here that it was probably why Kelli gave her some leeway (going through a divorce).  This is from her wedding website, and I'm sure TPTB love it (keep in mind 2013 was her rookie season & she didn't resign until May 2016....they didn't get engaged until Dec 2016 but you gotta assume there was some overlap)

Jeff & Paige met in 2013 at Texas Scottish Rite Children's Hospital during one of the few appearances the players & cheerleaders share. They both claimed to have noticed each other separately at a company Christmas party days before, and as fate would have it ended up in the same group during their visit. Little did they know that was the start of it all...

Ohhhhhhh you're so smart, of course it meant her stuff was all in her car, not literally sleeping in her car hahaha...  that is crazy they got divorced during her rookie year, didn't she have her honeymoon during tryouts her rookie year? Wow, i'm happy she's doing well none of this was a dig at her I always just wondered and her rookie season is on pluto... thank you for your reply! :-)

• Love 5
1 hour ago, 88Keys said:

Thanks.  Still, though, why didn't she get in trouble?  Or did they not "fraternize" until after she retired?

I personally think they got caught or something OR were really tired of hiding bc she resigned right before the season end banquet, why not wait that little extra time and officially 'retire'.  Even if TPTB did know there was fraternizing during her time, I think it helped he was a lowkey (not high-profile) player.  I think in the Holly & Jenna situation, it didn't help that they were associated/prossibly fraternizing with the 2 biggest players on the team.  If I remember correctly, when that was going down (Holly being confronted by TPTB) , Zeke had just been involved in a bar fight and I always wondered if H & J were there that night too and TPTB couldn't pretend to look the other way anymore...

https://www.tmz.com/2017/07/19/ezekiel-elliott-incident-clutch-bar-dallas-cops-suspend-investigation/

When Kelli made the comment about the locker room is talking, I took it as possibly meaning BOTH player & DCC locker rooms...

Edited by GaveIn
  • Love 5

I've mostly said it on posts related to Holly, but it's one thing to date and then get into a serious relationship with a low profile player and you keep things quiet.  It's a whole 'nother issue to be a minor drinking in clubs with an extremely high profile player who had recently been involved in some legal issues for groping a woman in public and is wholly a TMZ/TheDirty darling like Zeke was at that time.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Paige disclosed what was happening once she knew something real was going on, and Kelli chose to not enforce the contract.  I think it probably happens more than what leaks into the public, though of course not terribly often.  Kelli has plenty on her plate and probably isn't going to fuss about things that aren't causing problems UNLESS that cheerleader is a pain in her ass for other reasons.  

Would be great if rules were consistently applied, but as far as I can tell the DCC isn't any different than any other employer out there for that kin of thing.  

• Love 5
4 hours ago, kalibean said:

I've mostly said it on posts related to Holly, but it's one thing to date and then get into a serious relationship with a low profile player and you keep things quiet.  It's a whole 'nother issue to be a minor drinking in clubs with an extremely high profile player who had recently been involved in some legal issues for groping a woman in public and is wholly a TMZ/TheDirty darling like Zeke was at that time.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Paige disclosed what was happening once she knew something real was going on, and Kelli chose to not enforce the contract.  I think it probably happens more than what leaks into the public, though of course not terribly often.  Kelli has plenty on her plate and probably isn't going to fuss about things that aren't causing problems UNLESS that cheerleader is a pain in her ass for other reasons.  

Would be great if rules were consistently applied, but as far as I can tell the DCC isn't any different than any other employer out there for that kin of thing.  

Agree with this and  Jeff being a low key player probably helped. I honestly was shocked when I read Paige married a player because I hadnt heard anything about it at all - maybe it was discussed at whatever board was running at the time and I just wasnt around them to hear the dirt. Was instagram / social media as big of a thing then as it was now? Maybe that helped  too.

I remember being really aware of what Holly and Jenna were doing while it was happening as it was talked about in a few places. Maybe that is also part of  the difference - the era that the situatons happened in? Plus Holly being underage and basically parading herself around didnt help either. 

• Love 4
On 12/14/2020 at 9:19 PM, kalibean said:

Re: Jenna and Holly vs Paige...

The rumours about Dak and Jenna seemed to indicate that she was little more than a pastime to him. Someone on this forum actually said Jenna thought it was very serious but he thought otherwise. She’s never mentioned anywhere when it comes to his (past) girlfriends/relationships.
Had it been different, as in Dak having very serious and honorable intentions, then Kelli might possibly have reacted differently I think. High profile player or not...

It seemsthat Jeff and Paige were serious from day one and also kept a low profile themselves. I feel that this also greatly contributed to Kelli not interfering. It’s what she wants for her girls; a successful time as DCC, followed by a good marriage and a bunch of kids. It sounds like the perfect DCC fairytale...

I am sure the part of fraternization is mostly there to protect the girls (or dcc brand!) Whether you like it  or not: any fling with a player would result in the player being the hero and the girl’s reputation in tatters... not my opinion by the way, just a sad realisation on how are society thinks in general...

• Love 6

I do think if things had progressed with Dak, Jenna would have been given a pass for a while...as long as it was kept as quiet. Dak is by most accounts a good man and a total sweetheart. That said, I think she would have been encouraged to wrap things up and leave quietly/retire sooner rather than later, especially if it went public.  He’s too high profile to keep things on the DL for long. 

Poor Dak. I hope he makes a miraculous recovery and finds a franchise that appreciates him. 

• Love 2
On 12/14/2020 at 11:56 AM, GaveIn said:

I hope it's ok to post the link?  I just googled Paige Jeff Dallas wedding and it was the first link that came up.  https://www.zola.com/wedding/jeffrey-paige

I always like to peep at which DCC were in the wedding party.  Danielle B. was a maid of honor and Jessica Kalil was a bridesmaid (I think she was in Paige's rookie class? She was really good, didn't get much attention from CMT.)  It also lists Shelby Lawrence, I wonder if that was TCC Shelby, the one who was cut who had a competitive cheer background.

Edited by aeroluv327
Added link
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, aeroluv327 said:

It also lists Shelby Lawrence, I wonder if that was TCC Shelby, the one who was cut who had a competitive cheer background.

The TCC was Shelbi with an "i" on the end. I hear she's married now, but I think her last name when she was a TCC was Crawford.

• Useful 2
11 hours ago, aeroluv327 said:

I hope it's ok to post the link?  I just googled Paige Jeff Dallas wedding and it was the first link that came up.  https://www.zola.com/wedding/jeffrey-paige

I always like to peep at which DCC were in the wedding party.  Danielle B. was a maid of honor and Jessica Kalil was a bridesmaid (I think she was in Paige's rookie class? She was really good, didn't get much attention from CMT.)  It also lists Shelby Lawrence, I wonder if that was TCC Shelby, the one who was cut who had a competitive cheer background.

I loved seeing their pix on the link above! They are absolutely adorable together! So is nobody wondering what happened to her marine husband from training camp? Does anyone know how they ended up divorced before a year of marriage? 

20 minutes ago, TB12 said:

I loved seeing their pix on the link above! They are absolutely adorable together! So is nobody wondering what happened to her marine husband from training camp? Does anyone know how they ended up divorced before a year of marriage? 

I have no idea what their situation was, I can only speak anecdotally.  But I know several people who are military or who married someone in the military and it's very common to get married quickly so that they can live together and/or the spouse can get military benefits.  Like a lot of quickie marriages, a lot of those end in divorce.  Again, I have no idea if that was Paige and her first husband's situation at all.  I'd actually bet that it had more to do with them not living together for their first year or so of marriage (I can't remember where she said he was stationed, but not Texas.)  Long distance relationships are hard!

• Love 3

Watching last season and the ep where they picked Maddie / Amy as points came up. Interesting that when they announced Amy at point she had a mic pack on the back of her dance top. I thought it was interesting since she was the only one who had the pack on, despite them also doing a piece with Maddie.  Questioning whether they re filmed the announcement or maybe she knew what was going to happen given they mic'ed her up. 

10 hours ago, aeroluv327 said:

I have no idea what their situation was, I can only speak anecdotally.  But I know several people who are military or who married someone in the military and it's very common to get married quickly so that they can live together and/or the spouse can get military benefits.  Like a lot of quickie marriages, a lot of those end in divorce.  Again, I have no idea if that was Paige and her first husband's situation at all.  I'd actually bet that it had more to do with them not living together for their first year or so of marriage (I can't remember where she said he was stationed, but not Texas.)  Long distance relationships are hard!

I always figured this was the reason. IIRC she said her first husband was going to California and she was going to stay in Texas to pursue DCC right after their Texas honeymoon. idk maybe it was only supposed to be a temporary arrangement, maybe she only planned on cheering for one year, or maybe she really needed benefits but I remember thinking "damn, that doesn't sound like a great start to a marriage" when that episode first aired.

I listened to Vivian's Be Your Own Cheerleader episode about her time on DCC: MTT. It was mildly interesting. BTW, Viv is not as entertaining as she thinks she is lol. She said she wrote her high school drill team a poem and they loved it and that's why she wrote the now infamous poem for K & J.  She also said she struggled with body dysmorphia and I really felt for her. However those 50,000 "fans" really went to her head damn. She said she was supposed to win the next year but Loren (she didn't name her specifically but it's obvi who she's talking about) had her students use fake emails (not sure I believe the fake email part)  to vote her into training camp. Not really sure why she's salty about that, she made it to TC again on her own merit. Whatever. I'm sure if Vivian taught a class full of students she would have used that to her advantage too, like how Maddie used her entire small town to her advantage. I can't believe I liked Vivian so much her first year (I honestly still think she should have made it that year). I do sympathize that the show was so hard on her body image. I think her second season was her real self. I wonder if her second season got her blacklisted from Dallas dance teams, I used to follow her and I remember she tried out for a bunch but only made AAIA and some soccer dance team. I think she could have killed it dancing for the Mavs.  Also apparently she was homecoming queen? In her introductory sob story she basically described herself as an ugly duckling and overweight. How small was her high school? I don't know any ugly ducklings who were homecoming queen but ok. 

Edited by cottoncandy
added 1 thing
  • Love 7

Watching season 8 last night, and laughing at Kelli calling Katilin LaRae into her office.  She pulled out the picture Kaitlin gave them at audition and said something like "look at your little feet.  And your knees.  You're not convincing to us."  

Kaitlin: (blank stare)....what do you mean?

I would have said the same thing, Kaitlin.  "My knees aren't convincing?"  I think Kelli doesn't realize that some of the things she says don't make a lot of sense.  Like when she told Kelsey that she was like "chewy bacon" or something like that.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, 88Keys said:

Watching season 8 last night, and laughing at Kelli calling Katilin LaRae into her office.  She pulled out the picture Kaitlin gave them at audition and said something like "look at your little feet.  And your knees.  You're not convincing to us."  

Kaitlin: (blank stare)....what do you mean?

I would have said the same thing, Kaitlin.  "My knees aren't convincing?"  I think Kelli doesn't realize that some of the things she says don't make a lot of sense.  Like when she told Kelsey that she was like "chewy bacon" or something like that.

Lmao, I saw that again like two days ago. It kills me. It's so annoying how they take girls straight out of high school who look like babies into camp and then are like, 'Why aren't you fierce? Why don't you have the sexy confidence of a 26-year-old?'

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

Lmao, I saw that again like two days ago. It kills me. It's so annoying how they take girls straight out of high school who look like babies into camp and then are like, 'Why aren't you fierce? Why don't you have the sexy confidence of a 26-year-old?'

Like Kelli's girl crush Brianna...who in fact was a lovely young woman...but totally out of her element every.single.damn.day...yet was kept well past the middle of camp...

• Love 8

I think as the show progressed and meme's etc became more and more prevalent, Kelli keeps trying to sound clever with shit like "chewy bacon" and the horrible "thut" but they really just make her sound like an idiot. 

I remember the "look at your little feet and knees" scene and also wondering WTF is she talking about? Then she had to explain and I think an entire viewing audience went "ooooh, that's what she meant" because I have a strong suspicion most of us were a bit puzzled. 

Someone with better editing skills than me should do Kelli giving herself an office visit. 

Kelli 1: look at your little feet and your knees.

Kelli 2: Are you on something right now? because it seems like you're on something right now. 

Oh, I think that was a Kaitlin too, wasn't it? I'm bad with names but was that Kaitlin LeGrand or something? The weird blonde who talked her way out of a supposed traffic ticket by just getting a warning and it freaked her out so bad she came late and looked drugged out of her mind (I think more like too much pain med as opposed to stoned or something, she just seemed almost groggy/foggy)

Ugh, I just literally just saw the chewy bacon comment again. It's so cringe, I cringe every time. She was trying so hard to be funny but it fell flat and sounded dumb. There are a billion ways to describe how someone's dancing; you don't need to resort to using bacon as a metaphor. Please stop. 

And the Kaitlin who got the little feet and knees comment was not LeGrand, it was LaRae...lmao

Edited by vanillagum
  • Love 1