Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

On 11/15/2020 at 3:45 AM, JennyB said:

Ughhhhh I met Emily at auditions in 2014. She was SUCH a snob. I hate to speak badly of anyone but she is a horribly fake person. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reading about her new ‘career’ makes me kinda sad. She tried out for DCC twice (I think?) didn’t make it and then moves on to acting, singing? Why do I get the feeling that she needs a wake up call and finally grow up? Do something useful with the time you have on this planet and stop chasing young girls’ dreams of fame!

It’s not happening...if she had the x-factor, her time on DCCMTT and the odd little acting job would have rocket-launched her straight into Hollywood a long time ago. Even the alumni’s who went straight to the altar and the maternity ward and never work anymore do a better job in building a solid life.
Sorry for the little rant, just hate it when people (seem to) waste their lives on impossible goals/dreams. 

• Love 6
14 hours ago, rosebud927 said:

when rewatching, does anyone else completely skip through Jay's bootcamp parts? I literally cant stand watching him yell at the girls and essentially call them fat all the time. 

I'm not a big fan of the way he and others put down the girls' appearances or fat percentage and such, but for the most part I liked those sections. It reminded me that these women were/are doing something very athletic and need to keep their stamina up and be in strong shape. I get out of breath climbing several flights of stairs at work and I cannot fathom the discipline it takes to be a dancer. 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, rosebud927 said:

when rewatching, does anyone else completely skip through Jay's bootcamp parts? I literally cant stand watching him yell at the girls and essentially call them fat all the time. 

It wasn't the best part of the show, but I didn't dislike them either.  Context is important because I don't believe he ever called the women fat.  Sure, if he just walked up to them on the street and said those things, it would be a problem, but he's essentially the strength and conditioning coach for the team.  It's his job to push the women to get in the best possible shape.  He doesn't just criticize to criticize.  The advice he gives on their diets is constructive and clearly needed based on most of the dancers' food choices and responses in the supermarket segments. When they show him in the judge's deliberations, I am very impressed with the analysis he gives on camera.  

• Love 6
11 hours ago, LilyDutch said:

Reading about her new ‘career’ makes me kinda sad. She tried out for DCC twice (I think?) didn’t make it and then moves on to acting, singing? Why do I get the feeling that she needs a wake up call and finally grow up? Do something useful with the time you have on this planet and stop chasing young girls’ dreams of fame!

It’s not happening...if she had the x-factor, her time on DCCMTT and the odd little acting job would have rocket-launched her straight into Hollywood a long time ago. Even the alumni’s who went straight to the altar and the maternity ward and never work anymore do a better job in building a solid life.
Sorry for the little rant, just hate it when people (seem to) waste their lives on impossible goals/dreams. 

I couldn't disagree with this any more vehemently.  She's young, why shouldn't she pursue her dreams? 40% of college graduates don't end up with a job in their field of study right out of college, and 20% still aren't using their degrees 10 years after graduation.  I'm not advocating that college is a bad thing, but someone in their 20s has plenty of time to focus on the things that are important to them before settling into the 9-5 grind for decades.  I cannot fathom the idea that pursuing your passions and dreams is a misuse of the precious time you have. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, vivianspoetry said:

I couldn't disagree with this any more vehemently.  She's young, why shouldn't she pursue her dreams? 40% of college graduates don't end up with a job in their field of study right out of college, and 20% still aren't using their degrees 10 years after graduation.  I'm not advocating that college is a bad thing, but someone in their 20s has plenty of time to focus on the things that are important to them before settling into the 9-5 grind for decades.  I cannot fathom the idea that pursuing your passions and dreams is a misuse of the precious time you have. 

I love this response. I'm only 24 but the older I get, the more disdain I have for the 'solid life' we're all supposed to settle into as soon as we're done with college. Corporate, 9-5 life effing sucks. If you're brave enough and have enough resources to pursue something that doesn't make you want to kill yourself or require you sitting on your ass all day, by all means. Good for you. 

I don't think she has IT, but I'm not gonna sh*t on her for trying. How sad is it that we're supposed to just get an office job, pop out babies, and be content with nothing more? Tragic.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, vivianspoetry said:

It wasn't the best part of the show, but I didn't dislike them either.  Context is important because I don't believe he ever called the women fat.  Sure, if he just walked up to them on the street and said those things, it would be a problem, but he's essentially the strength and conditioning coach for the team.  It's his job to push the women to get in the best possible shape.  He doesn't just criticize to criticize.  The advice he gives on their diets is constructive and clearly needed based on most of the dancers' food choices and responses in the supermarket segments. When they show him in the judge's deliberations, I am very impressed with the analysis he gives on camera.  

I actually liked the Jay segments!  I used to do Jay's bootcamp workouts (I'm in Dallas), he is a great trainer and super nice.  And his wife Lynn (I think that's her name?) is, too!  I think he kind of plays up the "drill sergeant" thing for the show, but he has high expectations for them as athletes, which he should.  I feel like we've heard from multiple TCC's and DCC's how he would go out of his way to help them if they were on weight warning.

13 minutes ago, dariafan said:

I’m very curious as to what my fit foods gave Courtney -season 9 to eat 

Hahaha, I was shocked at some of the things she didn't like!  No pasta?  No cheese?  No chocolate with peanut butter?!  Girl, that's like my whole diet!

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, dariafan said:

I’m very curious as to what my fit foods gave Courtney -season 9 to eat 

I used to LOVE My Fit Foods and used it quite often around that same time frame - my office was in Valley Ranch so I usually went to that same location the girls went to.  I was traveling constantly and while not a cheap date, worked great when I couldn't do my usual meal prep. 

I didn't think her requirements were that tough - no peanut butter or chocolate mixed together and no pork?  ETA:  she also said no cheese or pasta...those didn't stick out to me as difficult because I tend to follow a pretty clean, whole foods diet anyway.  Well, except for when I decide every bit of processed sugar in a ten mile radius needs to be eaten immediately and followed by a gallon of wine.

Anyway, most of the My Fit Foods offerings would fit a paleo/clean eating profile, focus on proteins, veg, and fruit, so she'd just snag options without pork.  Everything was labeled with any specific allergen info, IE gluten free, dairy free, kosher, Whole 30, etc.  Snap Kitchen offers much the same but with better variety IMO, so that's why My Fit Foods went out of business.

Edited by kalibean
ETA: forgot the cheese and pasta!
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, vanillagum said:

I love this response. I'm only 24 but the older I get, the more disdain I have for the 'solid life' we're all supposed to settle into as soon as we're done with college. Corporate, 9-5 life effing sucks. If you're brave enough and have enough resources to pursue something that doesn't make you want to kill yourself or require you sitting on your ass all day, by all means. Good for you. 

I don't think she has IT, but I'm not gonna sh*t on her for trying. How sad is it that we're supposed to just get an office job, pop out babies, and be content with nothing more? Tragic.

Thanks all for the response and criticism, I know it sounded a bit harsh and I would like to apologise for those in their 20s amongst us who feel offended. But... I did not refer to you guys in general! Neither did I imply that there is something wrong in pursuing your dreams nor living for a bit like vanillagum suggested. I did that, you need to develop and mature as a person and get some life experience too. So please do!

So...my comment was specifically Emily-related. I admire her relentless pursuit of dreams, but at some point, after years of trying (she first tried out in 2013), it is time to stop, evaluate and change directions whether it is popping babies, find a different job, start your own business or get a new degree, I don't care. Just move on. Guess that is what bothers me, as I really really do not see her as a world class actress with those facial expression-issues. Those snake eyes or frozen faces...

• Love 7
16 hours ago, kalibean said:

I used to LOVE My Fit Foods and used it quite often around that same time frame - my office was in Valley Ranch so I usually went to that same location the girls went to.  I was traveling constantly and while not a cheap date, worked great when I couldn't do my usual meal prep. 

You're not kidding. I remember looking them up out of curiosity to see their prices.  One of their snack options was Chobani yogurt, and they were charging something like $2 for one!

3 hours ago, LilyDutch said:

Guess that is what bothers me, as I really really do not see her as a world class actress with those facial expression-issues. Those snake eyes or frozen faces...

And the way she talks through her teeth with her jaw clenched.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

You're not kidding. I remember looking them up out of curiosity to see their prices.  One of their snack options was Chobani yogurt, and they were charging something like $2 for one!

And the way she talks through her teeth with her jaw clenched.

LMAO.  Like they paid full price at the Kroger down the street but went ahead and gave it a keystone markup anyway.  I don't remember them even selling branded foods in there, but I never would have paid that kind of money for a yogurt so I guess that's why!  My favorite thing was a protein box with chunks of grilled chicken, boiled egg, apple slices, carrots and maybe some cheese?  Nothing you can't put together yourself as an adult lunchable as a meal prep, but not always as easy for healthy eating on the fly.  I used to stop in and grab something on days I didn't pack a lunch too.  

There was a Starbucks in that same strip center, and a Krispy Kreme in the parking lot (if I remember correctly) so I guess a $2 yogurt and a $6 snack pack not so bad.  Oh goodness...thanks for these 2014/2015 memories!

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, kalibean said:

My favorite thing was a protein box with chunks of grilled chicken, boiled egg, apple slices, carrots and maybe some cheese?  Nothing you can't put together yourself as an adult lunchable as a meal prep, but not always as easy for healthy eating on the fly. 

Also, let's face it, as easy as it sounds to put together, it still takes time!  

It was so ridiculous to me that they had Brittney Schram (ribs sticking out & all) go on that plan...they even had her do a talking head about how "it's her job to keep her weight in check, so this is a good wake-up call" or some such nonsense. If I wake up tomorrow having her body instead of mine, I'm getting a large piece of pumpkin pie to celebrate, I'm not going on a diet plan!!

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, LilyDutch said:

Thanks all for the response and criticism, I know it sounded a bit harsh and I would like to apologise for those in their 20s amongst us who feel offended. But... I did not refer to you guys in general! Neither did I imply that there is something wrong in pursuing your dreams nor living for a bit like vanillagum suggested. I did that, you need to develop and mature as a person and get some life experience too. So please do!

So...my comment was specifically Emily-related. I admire her relentless pursuit of dreams, but at some point, after years of trying (she first tried out in 2013), it is time to stop, evaluate and change directions whether it is popping babies, find a different job, start your own business or get a new degree, I don't care. Just move on. Guess that is what bothers me, as I really really do not see her as a world class actress with those facial expression-issues. Those snake eyes or frozen faces...

I coated through life until I was about 32 and then got serious about a career. I think the nomadic lifestyle I had matured me and gave me more life experience than going straight to college after high school and then right to work.  

5 hours ago, LilyDutch said:

Lol, I'm not offended. I just cringe when I see people pursuing more risky things getting pressure to 'get serious' and 'settle down,' things along those lines. I just think people should do whatever they want to do while they can. If they want to escape 9-5 life, more power to them. And if acting is what she wants to do, this is the time to try, not when she's like 40 with kids

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, ByTor said:

It was so ridiculous to me that they had Brittney Schram (ribs sticking out & all) go on that plan

Did they hate her or something? Because you know, most times I can see the soft tummies they refer to when they're talking about girls who need to 'tone up' or whatever—but in Brittany's case, there wasn't an inch to pinch. I'm permanently scratching my head over that one. Am I missing something?

• Love 4

@vanillagum, seriously!  I always thought Kelli really liked Brittney, so I didn't get why she was picked on...or why they chose to show HER being picked on, because as we all know, just because it wasn't shown doesn't mean it didn't happen.  But yeah, an inch?  I don't think she even had a millimeter to pinch!

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

What about the ones that get a pass (or seem to-we don't really know I suppose)?

Season 3, we see Erica get talked to about her weight, but CMT had a bonus clip of her working out with Abigail cause she also got talked to about her weight which we didn't see.  Probably saw Erica's talk cause of her attitude.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Season 3, we see Erica get talked to about her weight, but CMT had a bonus clip of her working out with Abigail cause she also got talked to about her weight which we didn't see.  Probably saw Erica's talk cause of her attitude.

I remember Kelli saying Abigail was one cheeseburger away from poking out of her shorts. This was at her rookie uniform fitting.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, ByTor said:

@vanillagum, seriously!  I always thought Kelli really liked Brittney, so I didn't get why she was picked on...or why they chose to show HER being picked on, because as we all know, just because it wasn't shown doesn't mean it didn't happen.  But yeah, an inch?  I don't think she even had a millimeter to pinch!

Made even more head-scratching because they specifically sized Brittany for a uniform in Season 6 that was the same size as her Season 5 uniform. Kelli even complimented her on her consistency. I could never see the “weight gain” that TPTB supposedly did.

• Love 7
On 11/17/2020 at 1:19 PM, MrsEVH said:

With the girls getting called out and "forced" to do the My Fit Foods I bet that why some of them (Brittany & Veronica) retired. Courtney didn't come back for other reasons.

Courntney the one and done from season 9 who was in this weight warning group right? I always liked her a lot, do we know why she chose not to come back? I think it was assumed the weight  was hard to maintain or she missed family, but were there other reasons she left? I wish she  would have stayed longer. 

7 hours ago, PixieDust said:

Courntney the one and done from season 9 who was in this weight warning group right? I always liked her a lot, do we know why she chose not to come back? I think it was assumed the weight  was hard to maintain or she missed family, but were there other reasons she left? I wish she  would have stayed longer. 

I had read somewhere that she got homesick and went back to Florida.  A couple of years later, she was on Say Yes to the Dress Atlanta picking out her wedding dress.  I thought it was funny how she didn't mention the DCC when she was doing her interview about her wedding.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, tarheel220 said:

I had read somewhere that she got homesick and went back to Florida.  A couple of years later, she was on Say Yes to the Dress Atlanta picking out her wedding dress.  I thought it was funny how she didn't mention the DCC when she was doing her interview about her wedding.  

I could be wrong but I think she was on SYTTD before she was a DCC. I feel like when she was a TCC, someone brought it up on here and there was speculation that either she was already divorced or they never actually made it to the wedding day

• Useful 1
5 hours ago, GaveIn said:

I could be wrong but I think she was on SYTTD before she was a DCC. I feel like when she was a TCC, someone brought it up on here and there was speculation that either she was already divorced or they never actually made it to the wedding day

No, it was after I think because that's why she went back to Florida.  She married the guy, but I saw later that they got divorced and she remarried.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, tarheel220 said:

No, it was after I think because that's why she went back to Florida.  She married the guy, but I saw later that they got divorced and she remarried.

She's now expecting a baby boy in Jan 2021.

• Love 2

Rewatching season 14 and trying to pay close attention to the pics with stickers, when they have guests pick their 36.  Anyone know who DD and EW are?  My mind is blank. 

8 minutes ago, 88Keys said:

Watching season 4 auditions.  Am I the only one who thinks the Minchew sisters are fake as hell?

Yes and why in the world they chose them for training camp is a mystery to me. TPTB had to know they’d chose the pageants over DCC. 

• Love 3
Just now, Coffeefrog19 said:

Rewatching season 14 and trying to pay close attention to the pics with stickers, when they have guests pick their 36.  Anyone know who DD and EW are?  My mind is blank. 

Denise d and even wall I believe is his name 

Watching season 4.  Couple comments/questions:  #1 Rainer was the "Salon director".  Did he actually DO any of the girls haircuts?  #2 that "nothing but net" challenge:  Mia Greenhouse was screaming that "I don't want to do this!!!!!".  Were they MADE to do that challenge?

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
clarity
7 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Watching season 4.  Couple comments/questions:  #1 Rainer was the "Salon director".  Did he actually DO any of the girls haircuts?  #2 that "nothing but net" challenge:  Mia Greenhouse was screaming that "I don't want to do this!!!!!".  Were they MADE to do that challenge?

Rainer did do haircuts - he is now part owner of a salon and still does hair

The girls would sign up for challenges, not knowing until the day of, what the challenge was.  That's why Megan Fox probably looks sick when she finds out she has signed up to skydive:)

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

The girls would sign up for challenges, not knowing until the day of, what the challenge was.  That's why Megan Fox probably looks sick when she finds out she has signed up to skydive:)

I'd probably look sick too if I found out I'd signed up to go skydiving.  I've grown up around our local airport and been up with my Dad or another pilot many times, but that's something I would NEVER EVER do.  There was a fatality during a jump here locally a couple months ago.  I heard it was an experienced skydiver and just a tragic accident.  My Mom's 79 yr old fiancé says he wants to skydive for his 80th birthday the end of this month but I'll believe that when I actually SEE it...

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
Added something.

I don’t think the sky dive was a sneak attack tho - they announced the jumps with the Golden Knights at rehearsal. No way they wouldn’t have been allowed to opt out of something like that.  I wouldn’t have been interested in any of that nonsense and freaked out like Sarah I, but still. 

And I liked the Minchews. Both of them! 80% of the squad in any given year has a manufactured, glam, pageant feel IMO. When that’s so many people’s reality, at what point does it stop being fake?  

I don’t blame them for thinking they’d be able to do both...it’s a weekend away to turn over a crown and they likely assumed they could make it work with the weekday practices. I think the iron fist of DCC schedule comes as a shock to many of the TCC who are so used to having school bend over backwards for their dance or athletic obligations.  And then reality hit and they chose to finish out their obligation. It showed courage for little Minchew to come back too, even tho it didn’t work out for her. 

Edited by kalibean
  • Love 2

I hope they aren't forced to do the challenges to make the squad.  I would be pissed if I didn't make it because I refused to skydive.  

And I feel like Rainer and his crew did a lot of those girls dirty (with some pretty bad haircuts, I mean).  I definitely prefer the later guy (Marshall?)

Edited by 88Keys
  • Love 2
On 11/21/2020 at 2:01 AM, BluegrassDCCFan said:

I'd probably look sick too if I found out I'd signed up to go skydiving.  I've grown up around our local airport and been up with my Dad or another pilot many times, but that's something I would NEVER EVER do.  There was a fatality during a jump here locally a couple months ago.  I heard it was an experienced skydiver and just a tragic accident.  My Mom's 79 yr old fiancé says he wants to skydive for his 80th birthday the end of this month but I'll believe that when I actually SEE it...

I went skydiving once & let me tell you when you first jump out of the plane you literally tumble ass over teakettle its no joke! Then you kind of glide down to earth which for me was torture bc I just wanted to get on the ground! :-)

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
On 11/20/2020 at 11:48 PM, 88Keys said:

Watching season 4 auditions.  Am I the only one who thinks the Minchew sisters are fake as hell?

Every time their season comes up. Kenley didn’t just have to turn in her crown , she still had to compete for state title.   And she’s the one who wanted to be a dcc, so why didn’t she wait a year ?

• Love 6
47 minutes ago, dariafan said:

Every time their season comes up. Kenley didn’t just have to turn in her crown , she still had to compete for state title.   And she’s the one who wanted to be a dcc, so why didn’t she wait a year ?

She's a part of the 'element' who has never been told no. She wants what she wants the way she wants it. Apparently DCC was supposed to fall into line and make exceptions for her while in TC. She lied to Judy's face during the first panel interview and seemed very surprised when Judy called her out on it in the second panel interview. She made into finals the second time specifically so Judy could do that. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 11/20/2020 at 10:48 PM, 88Keys said:

The older sister was super fake.  I think Kenley (Kinley?) genuinely thought she could make it work with her pageant duties (like others said, she was used to being told yes).  She seemed genuinely surprised to learn she had burned that bridge the next year!

• Love 3
7 hours ago, CrazyMoon said:

She's a part of the 'element' who has never been told no. She wants what she wants the way she wants it. Apparently DCC was supposed to fall into line and make exceptions for her while in TC. She lied to Judy's face during the first panel interview and seemed very surprised when Judy called her out on it in the second panel interview. She made into finals the second time specifically so Judy could do that. 

I always got the impression that Judy  DID NOT want Kenley to make it back at all. It seemed like Kelli and Charlotte wanted to give her another  chance. I thought Kenley only made it to semi finals ( with panel interviews) and not finals (solos).

• Love 1