Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, Meleighsa said:

Using that thumbnail, knowing how K & J raked Madeline Malloy over the coals that night-and many others-during her unsuccessful first time in TC grates on my nerves. Why do one of your current DCC like that?

I get her mixed up with the other Madeline.  I thought they were the same person at first and I couldn't figure out why she was back in pink lol.

I usually watch on Pluto, so that was interesting to see with the actual music they used on the show.  For that routine, I actually like the Pluto music better.  It lined up better with the moves, in my opinion.

And since we're talking music, does anyone have any votes for the worst generic music from the Pluto episodes?  Mine is definitely the weird keyboard music they used in the early episodes season 6 (Taylor episodes).  It doesn't even have words- just sounds like someone pecked it out on a Casio.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, 88Keys said:

I get her mixed up with the other Madeline.  I thought they were the same person at first and I couldn't figure out why she was back in pink lol.

I usually watch on Pluto, so that was interesting to see with the actual music they used on the show.  For that routine, I actually like the Pluto music better.  It lined up better with the moves, in my opinion.

And since we're talking music, does anyone have any votes for the worst generic music from the Pluto episodes?  Mine is definitely the weird keyboard music they used in the early episodes season 6 (Taylor episodes).  It doesn't even have words- just sounds like someone pecked it out on a Casio.  

Ooohh I do hate the “music” that season 

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, onthebubble said:

Season 12 Holly made show group and we all know what happened that seaason 🤐 Does anyone know if they added an extra person to show group when she left?

Judy is always saying that any rookies who make show group are alternates, so probably just used them.  

• Useful 1
17 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Judy is always saying that any rookies who make show group are alternates, so probably just used them.  

I have learned that what Judy and Kelly say are completely different than what is actually done. For example, Veruca.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Stephieg84 said:

Watching a new Lifetime movie and boom Emily Roslyn is in it!

What??? Which movie was it? I wish I could have seen it, I really liked her.

Season 5 on PlutoTV now.  I know the Trevino sisters don't get a lot of love, but Crystal looked great that season and her dancing was fantastic.

Also, I'm always annoyed as crap when they show Amanda (the Good Morning America winner) in that horrible halloween costume.  They really should have put her in the real thing, like they did with Ali Wentworth on Oprah's show.  I can never prove it, but I'm convinced it was because Ali was smaller.  And it was laughable that Kelli presented Amanda's request as "we'll do it, but just this one time!" when they did the same thing with Ali the year prior.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

Season 5 on PlutoTV now.  I know the Trevino sisters don't get a lot of love, but Crystal looked great that season and her dancing was fantastic.

Also, I'm always annoyed as crap when they show Amanda (the Good Morning America winner) in that horrible halloween costume.  They really should have put her in the real thing, like they did with Ali Wentworth on Oprah's show.  I can never prove it, but I'm convinced it was because Ali was smaller.  And it was laughable that Kelli presented Amanda's request as "we'll do it, but just this one time!" when they did the same thing with Ali the year prior.

IIRC, she had made that costume herself and wore it to show them, the organization did not give it to her.

• Useful 1
14 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

Maybe because Ali is a celebrity and GMA winner Amanda was not.

14 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

Crystal just looked too Lisa rinna for me her rookie year 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 10/25/2020 at 2:34 PM, TB12 said:

Random thought... seems a lot of the TCC find apartments together at the beginning of training camp, how awkward is it when one is cut ie: Meghan Flaherty (RIP) was cut but living with Brooke and Stephanie or when poor Kyndall was cut and she was living with Jessika. I always think do they move out? How can they live with their DCC roommate especially when the season starts and game day, thoughts??? Anyone have any scoop on such situations? 

I've always wondered that, too.  Like... how awkward would it be to be like, "OK, I'm leaving for practice now... guess I'll see you later."  Especially since Meghan was living with 2 DCC's and had such a dramatic exit.  Whether or not they move out probably depends on how long of a lease they signed, I think most of the TCC's just do a short-term or month-to-month lease if they don't know for sure they'll stay in Dallas.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, aeroluv327 said:

I've always wondered that, too.  Like... how awkward would it be to be like, "OK, I'm leaving for practice now... guess I'll see you later."  Especially since Meghan was living with 2 DCC's and had such a dramatic exit.  Whether or not they move out probably depends on how long of a lease they signed, I think most of the TCC's just do a short-term or month-to-month lease if they don't know for sure they'll stay in Dallas.

Meagan originally got the apartment with Brooke and Julie in Season 1, and those two made the squad while she didn't, so probably no big deal when Stephanie made the squad.  I thought Tobie also lived there at one point, and it seems Meagan was very supportive of them all.

• Love 2

Rewatching season 4. Kelli (season 11 rookie & show group member) didn't even make it to finals. I know this has been discussed before but she was so talented and beautiful. No idea how they missed her all that time. Glad she eventually got the time on the squad she deserved!

• Love 9
12 hours ago, evasworld123 said:

Rewatching season 4. Kelli (season 11 rookie & show group member) didn't even make it to finals. I know this has been discussed before but she was so talented and beautiful. No idea how they missed her all that time. Glad she eventually got the time on the squad she deserved!

Kelli had auditioned for a few years.  She was actually on 3 different squads before she made the DCC: Texas Legends Dancers, Dallas Mavs Dancers, and Allen Americans Ice Angels. 

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 10/30/2020 at 4:36 AM, Route66 said:

IIRC, she had made that costume herself and wore it to show them, the organization did not give it to her.

If she made it herself and wanted to wear it, that's totally different and I will stand corrected.  I still wish they would have given her the real one to wear - I think it would have made her "living the dream" even more special.

• Love 3
On 10/29/2020 at 6:33 PM, Stephieg84 said:

The Pom Pom Murders. I’m sure it’s on on demand 😊

Wait I watched that movie, how did I not recognize her! Which one was she?

On 10/26/2020 at 4:54 PM, Teriyaki Terror said:

Where was Kash in the triangle before becoming point her 3rd and 4th year?

I don’t know and I’m also curious! For a non-show group member in their second year to then point, group leader, PBC in their third leader, it’s quite impressive. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, TB12 said:

Wait I watched that movie, how did I not recognize her! Which one was she?

I don’t remember her name but she first popped up when they were all auditioning individually. She wasn’t on it very much!

• Love 1
On 10/28/2020 at 5:09 PM, vanillagum said:

Feel like I just entered a time space vortex because I'm rewatching season 13 and just saw Jasmine called into training camp when I don't remember her getting into TC at ALL omg

If I recall, she was the 1st cut, and it was a very early cut.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, ByTor said:

If I recall, she was the 1st cut, and it was a very early cut.

I saw her not making it to finals at the beginning of season 12 when it was on yesterday. I didn't remember her trying out that year, but I do remember her early cut in season 13. I wonder if she'll give it another go?

9 minutes ago, Meleighsa said:

I saw her not making it to finals at the beginning of season 12 when it was on yesterday. I didn't remember her trying out that year, but I do remember her early cut in season 13. I wonder if she'll give it another go?

Didn't she try out in season 14 and this past year?  

1 minute ago, 123DCCWoooo said:
16 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Yeah, four times and hasn't made TC since season 13 - if she is the one who ticked off Jay during the fitness segment, she should give it up

Someone ticked off Jay?

I don't remember that.

20 minutes ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

Someone ticked off Jay?

18 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I don't remember that.

Season 13 Ep 6 - Jay got bent out of shape during the fitness segment and went off on the girls.  He explained on a podcast that one of the TCC's wasn't taking it serious.  He told K&J about it, and the girl was cut that night.  Jasmin was the one cut - could be a reason why🤷‍♀️

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Season 13 Ep 6 - Jay got bent out of shape during the fitness segment and went off on the girls.  He explained on a podcast that one of the TCC's wasn't taking it serious.  He told K&J about it, and the girl was cut that night.  Jasmin was the one cut - could be a reason why🤷‍♀️

I’ve never put two and two together with that! It is a bit bizarre because Jasmin was such a fitness fanatic, wasn’t she the one who counted her macros? 

8 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Ohhh that's right!  Good memory 🙂 

10 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I’ve never put two and two together with that! It is a bit bizarre because Jasmin was such a fitness fanatic, wasn’t she the one who counted her macros? 

And she got a power squad shirt that time too.  But you watch the ep, and they all seem to be enjoying themselves.

• Love 2
On 11/1/2020 at 3:55 PM, Spunkyyy said:

I don’t know and I’m also curious! For a non-show group member in their second year to then point, group leader, PBC in their third leader, it’s quite impressive. 

It intrigued me too! Any insider who can shed some light on this? I gave it some thought and maybe she had a more prominent position in the original (planned) triangle during training camp with Jenna as point before she messed up? That would explain her promotion to point... just a guess really...  are there any photos of the squad with Jenna as point that summer btw?

I’m glad they did put her there tho, as I just loved her as point. It’s a personality thing I guess... the way she radiated showmanship and fun.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, LilyDutch said:

It intrigued me too! Any insider who can shed some light on this? I gave it some thought and maybe she had a more prominent position in the original (planned) triangle during training camp with Jenna as point before she messed up? That would explain her promotion to point... just a guess really...  are there any photos of the squad with Jenna as point that summer btw?

I’m glad they did put her there tho, as I just loved her as point. It’s a personality thing I guess... the way she radiated showmanship and fun.

She was a favorite of K&J - that's why she moved up so quickly.

Not saying she wasn't deserving, but it's no secret that a K&J favorite is going to get opportunities that others won't. 

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

She was a favorite of K&J - that's why she moved up so quickly.

Not saying she wasn't deserving, but it's no secret that a K&J favorite is going to get opportunities that others won't. 

I think stepping up when others didn’t also helped.  

• Love 9
6 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I think stepping up when others didn’t also helped.  

I’ve never been her biggest fan but I think she went up in much estimations when she rooted with Yuko on the calendar shoot. That showed some real leadership, maturity and willingness to include everyone. I think that helped put her in contention for a leadership role.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I’ve never been her biggest fan but I think she went up in much estimations when she rooted with Yuko on the calendar shoot. That showed some real leadership, maturity and willingness to include everyone. I think that helped put her in contention for a leadership role.

I loved her comment about "putting the two girls with the two biggest accents" together as roommates 🙂  I know a lot of people are not KaShara fans...but she will always be one of my faves. 

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Love 20

random but rewatching season 13 and seeing how kristen gets treated is so cringe. says a lot about her that she was able to pick herself back up and re-audition with a vengeance. she really came back SO strong

what's really weird about this season is they kept talking to her as if she were some prissy little beauty queen who was looking to get by on her 'looks' or sexiness(??? i thought she was beautiful but so were a lot of girls). extra bizarre because if anything she came off humble and meek. like, projection much? she got so much sh**

Edited by vanillagum
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, AlisonMK said:

Question ... why was Brittany D'Alesandro reprimanded for not being glammed up at her rookie uniform fitting and Kashara wasn't all those years later?

I think being very late didn't help her and it just went downhill from there

• Love 2
1 hour ago, DCCOracle said:

@GaveIn made a post earlier today and it got me thinking. Is there any legitimate connection between how much a DCC/TCC is shown on TV vs. how well the people (at least on the Primetimer board) like or dislike them? Are the least liked DCC/TCC actually the ones that get shown the most in what the Fandom page calls "confessionals"?

Here are a few things to remember...

• I've included the Top 10 names from the last three seasons - seasons 12 and 14 have more than 10 names due to "ties".
  • The data was taken from the Making the Team Fandom page. If anything is wrong, blame them! 🤣
  • Bolded names did not make the team that season
  • Kalyssa and Alexandria made the Top 10 in Season 12, but due to both of them leaving mid-season, they have been excluded.

113180497_isthereaconnection.thumb.jpg.42ef3de8684ce76859b0c71693439e92.jpg

Good grief I had forgotten how much time was spent on Malena and Victoria in Season 13. It dragged down that season so much .... 😡.

Then again that season gave us Bridget, Hannah, and Brennan finally making the team so I guess you can say I have a love-hate relationship with it 😂.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, DCCOracle said:

@GaveIn made a post earlier today and it got me thinking. Is there any legitimate connection between how much a DCC/TCC is shown on TV vs. how well the people (at least on the Primetimer board) like or dislike them? Are the least liked DCC/TCC actually the ones that get shown the most in what the Fandom page calls "confessionals"?

Here are a few things to remember...

• I've included the Top 10 names from the last three seasons - seasons 12 and 14 have more than 10 names due to "ties".
  • The data was taken from the Making the Team Fandom page. If anything is wrong, blame them! 🤣
  • Bolded names did not make the team that season
  • Kalyssa and Alexandria made the Top 10 in Season 12, but due to both of them leaving mid-season, they have been excluded.

113180497_isthereaconnection.thumb.jpg.42ef3de8684ce76859b0c71693439e92.jpg

Thank you for putting this together!!  I need to check out that page!  It's funny, the top 2 for seasons 13 & 14 were the ones that annoyed me the most, go figure 🤣 

The focus on girls who are cut drives me crazy!!  I don't mean ignore them, but if you want us to be DCC fans along with being MTT:DCC fans, introduce us to more girls that actually make the team.  Like I said in the other post, if they focused more on the dancing, it would probably weed out some of the girls that are mostly looking for TV time.  I know it's stupid I let this get to me ever year, but some of the girls that are like this is a life long dream....I want to slap them through the tv, we know you only want to do this because of the show    

• Love 6
On 11/10/2020 at 12:29 PM, scorpio1031 said:

I think being very late didn't help her and it just went downhill from there

I agree; it probably was the nail in the coffin. Kelli made it sound like she did it more than once (being late); unless she was referring to being late and no makeup.

Why do Kelli/Judy hate Sheridan? Rewatching Season 11 and she's very good with limited mistakes -- nothing concrete as far as cut reasons go. Then cut again this year once being invited into training camp? After further dance experience with the Dallas Mavericks? She's tall and gorgeous with great technique/excellent kicks because she is a former Rangerette. I'm confused.  Someone solve the mystery for me 🙂

Edited by evasworld123
  • Love 5
On 3/25/2019 at 8:12 AM, PhoebeKelly1992 said:

It appears that Former TCC from Seasons 8 and 11 and Former Mavs Dancer Emily Roslyn has turned her hand to acting and started studying it in 2017! I found this profile when I was searching to see if she was still on Instagram (She seems to have disappeared from Social Media). 

IMG_20190325_105837.jpg

IMG_20190325_105852.jpg

IMG_20190325_105902.jpg

IMG_20190325_105912.jpg

IMG_20190325_105924.jpg

Ughhhhh I met Emily at auditions in 2014. She was SUCH a snob. I hate to speak badly of anyone but she is a horribly fake person. 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Useful 6