Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
ByTor

Past Seasons

40 minutes ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

she was more of the type to lay down the law

It probably sounded better than "I was the choreographer's daughter and got away with sh*t others didn't"

• Like 3
  • Laugh 8

11 hours ago, KickYourNose said:

I didn't know this about her until catching up on the forum recently.  Since I just watched S11 and her HARSH cut, I had to look up how she's doing now.  Y'all!  She looks so great!!  She looks happy and healthy and gorgeous!  I'm so glad for her!  

DAfAcJCXsAAqZte.jpg

DDc3Zx_XcAA_wCK?format=jpg&name=medium

I wish she would have stayed longer than just one season with them, but she has moved on 🙂 I love Amy!!  She's now expecting a baby girl and seems to be over the moon about it 🙂  

• Like 12

13 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Can't help but think of that Roseanne episode where Becky farted while giving a speech in front of the entire school. She said Becky "laid down the law".

One of my very favorite sitcom episodes. I still LMBO when I see this episode. Darlene was the bomb!

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

1 hour ago, bjo1969 said:

One of my very favorite sitcom episodes. I still LMBO when I see this episode. Darlene was the bomb!

One of my faves too. I have been watching a lot of the reruns lately. Sara Gilbert (Darlene) always came up with some good one liners.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2020 at 10:28 AM, MrsEVH said:

One of my faves too. I have been watching a lot of the reruns lately. Sara Gilbert (Darlene) always came up with some good one liners.

I saw the episode last night where Becky is suspended from school for 'flipping the bird' in the class photo...Roseanne had to see the principal, turns out Becky didn't do it....however, Roseanne gets after the principal for making accusations without proof...and that when she's back next year because of something Darlene does (and I will be back)...just remember I'm a good mother today.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CrazyMoon said:

I saw the episode last night where Becky is suspended from school for 'flipping the bird' in the class photo...Roseanne had to see the principal, turns out Becky didn't do it....however, Roseanne gets after the principal for making accusations without proof...and that when she's back next year because of something Darlene does (and I will be back)...just remember I'm a good mother today.

Loved that one too. I actually like the first few seasons. Near the end after they won the lottery if just got too corny. 

• Like 2

On 10/9/2020 at 12:28 PM, MrsEVH said:

Is it available on streaming?  I loved that show, it was so rare to see families that were a lot like mine on TV!  (Had some white trash tendencies, money problems, etc).  Too bad Roseanne is such a horrible person.  I couldn't get into the reboot even after she got kicked off.

3 hours ago, aeroluv327 said:

Is it available on streaming?  I loved that show, it was so rare to see families that were a lot like mine on TV!  (Had some white trash tendencies, money problems, etc).  Too bad Roseanne is such a horrible person.  I couldn't get into the reboot even after she got kicked off.

I honestly don't know. I watch it on a cable channel (TVLand). Don't know anything about streaming or downloading. 

• Like 1

I hadn’t discovered the forums yet when season 14 was showing, but I was wondering what the general consensus was in here is about why meredith made the team. clearly she wasn’t ready or capable and she would’ve been an easy cut to get down to 36 girls, I read something in a facebook comment about her boyfriend being close to the Jones family and K&J being told that she had to make the team - do we know if there is any truth in that?

30 minutes ago, Mvdb said:

I hadn’t discovered the forums yet when season 14 was showing, but I was wondering what the general consensus was in here is about why meredith made the team. clearly she wasn’t ready or capable and she would’ve been an easy cut to get down to 36 girls, I read something in a facebook comment about her boyfriend being close to the Jones family and K&J being told that she had to make the team - do we know if there is any truth in that?

Family connections to the Jones family is what was discussed on here as well.

Have you seen where you can read the threads from the past season?  I don't mean the Past Seasons thread, but threads for each season?

• Like 2

Season 12, guest choreographer Michelle.  "If you're going to be thicker, bring it up."  

What on earth does that mean?

On 10/7/2020 at 6:54 PM, vanillagum said:

I loved Ann, mostly because I see myself in her, like, I'd love to be a DCC, and I love being girly and dancing and shit, but I'm not over the top peppy and don't feel like trying to be. I also don't have a baby voice and I'm not blonde, the horror!

Yes, this.  Kelli said that Ann was very funny and she seemed to like her.  Ann seemed like the kind of girl who had her nose buried in a book when she was a kid and probably had a wicked sense of humor, too.  I can relate.  

• Like 8

7 hours ago, 88Keys said:

Season 12, guest choreographer Michelle.  "If you're going to be thicker, bring it up."  

Probably boobs. I mean surely it's impossible. If you have stockier legs and bum, you can't just zap it away and plonk it on your books. Obviously, didn't take biology in school. We all know their idea of curves is big boobs, skinny waist and a booty (but not too much). 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Have you seen where you can read the threads from the past season?  I don't mean the Past Seasons thread, but threads for each season?

I straight up forgot those existed!!!! thank you ahah 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

15 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

There has to be something to those rumors.  I think part of the reason she made it is how beautiful she is.  Kelli has proven she'll give cheerleaders more rope depending on their look.  I feel she's one of the more beautiful cheerleaders they've had on the show, but even that wasn't enough to compensate for her lack of power and inability to learn the choreography.  I was pulling for her from the first episode, but even I could see by the first day of training camp, she wasn't top 36.  

• Like 4

4 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

Probably boobs. I mean surely it's impossible. If you have stockier legs and bum, you can't just zap it away and plonk it on your books. Obviously, didn't take biology in school. We all know their idea of curves is big boobs, skinny waist and a booty (but not too much). 

That's what I figured she meant but I wasn't sure.  Like "it's only OK to be big in the chest area."  

And then Kelli made a comment about how many men in rap songs seem to like a "thick" woman.  Like she can't fathom that some men might like a body type that is different than what she considers the ideal body type to be.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, 88Keys said:

And then Kelli made a comment about how many men in rap songs seem to like a "thick" woman.  Like she can't fathom that some men might like a body type that is different than what she considers the ideal body type to be.  

Not to be tacky, but most of the men I've ever known like something they can get a hold of...they like the look of a slender woman, but when the lights go out they want something a little more substantial...

• Like 2
  • Laugh 4

3 hours ago, CrazyMoon said:

Not to be tacky, but most of the men I've ever known like something they can get a hold of...they like the look of a slender woman, but when the lights go out they want something a little more substantial...

I got dumped once for being too skinny (I was young and naive) so I can vouch for this 😂

• Laugh 2

50 minutes ago, TouchTheStar said:

Is the two hour special available anywhere?

No:(  I keep hoping it will show up somewhere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

Awhile back someone on the board said they had it on VHS.....If you are still here & reading: I am willing to pay to have it converted to DVD so we can share with everyone 🙂 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, R.Marie said:

Does anyone know if Season One is available anywhere?

Pluto TV has 1-12 and CBS All Access has 1-13

• Like 1

14 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Pluto TV has 1-12 and CBS All Access has 1-13

Thank you!

`

• Like 1

On 10/17/2020 at 12:53 PM, scorpio1031 said:

Me too. If TPTB are truly reading this forum...find a way to re-release the 2-hour special, PLEASE!!! Especially as COVID living drags on.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

Me too. If TPTB are truly reading this forum...find a way to re-release the 2-hour special, PLEASE!!! Especially as COVID living drags on.

I say run it for 24 hours straight on pluto.  That way everyone can see it and it gives us time to let everyone else know on here or on FB.  

• Like 5

On 10/17/2020 at 4:29 PM, R.Marie said:

Does anyone know if Season One is available anywhere?

Here's 2 short videos from that show.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

I wonder where life took Melissa Rutigliano.  She was spotlighted the last 15 seconds of the second video.   Fandom said  "not invited back to training camp for a second season"  which I suppose means cut at finals.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I wonder where life took Melissa Rutigliano.  She was spotlighted the last 15 seconds of the second video.   Fandom said  "not invited back to training camp for a second season"  which I suppose means cut at finals.

She and Deanna Hernandez were cut at finals due to weight issues. I googled her name and found this:

http://melissarutigliano.com/

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

3 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

She and Deanna Hernandez were cut at finals due to weight issues.

I see Deanna on Nicole H's IG sometimes. 

• Useful 1

29 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I see Deanna on Nicole H's IG sometimes. 

I found her IG but it's private. About 10+ years ago I found a story about Deanna on the internet. From what I recall she was shot at a bar. The story was about her planning to audition for the Mavs Dancers. It was after she was cut from the DCC.

EDITED: I found the story

https://nflcheerleader.blogspot.com/2006/06/dallas-shooting-victim-has.html

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Useful 1

43 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I found her IG but it's private. About 10+ years ago I found a story about Deanna on the internet. From what I recall she was shot at a bar. The story was about her planning to audition for the Mavs Dancers. It was after she was cut from the DCC.

EDITED: I found the story

https://nflcheerleader.blogspot.com/2006/06/dallas-shooting-victim-has.html

Whoa. Also admire her sense of humor about it all..she says she got cut for weight issues in her lower half. And that’s what saved her! Thick thighs save lives, y’all. I am EXTRA SAFE. 

• Like 9
  • Laugh 1

Just watching LSU Katelynn - I believe it’s season 12.  Do any insiders know why she wasn’t chosen for training camp? I’ll never understand why she didn’t make it ? 🤯 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, njcate said:

Just watching LSU Katelynn - I believe it’s season 12.  Do any insiders know why she wasn’t chosen for training camp? I’ll never understand why she didn’t make it ? 🤯 

my theory is it had something to do with some of the other LSU girls that were DCCs when she tried out. Katelynn started as a Tiger girl dancing with Erica & Cerstan (maybe Kerya too) but left them to be a Golden Girl (Which Jax & Tess were).   She said she switched teams to better prep for DCC but I never fully believed that.  The more we hear about the behind the scenes mean girl attitudes from Erica & Cerstan, it wouldn't surprise me if they gave some input to TPTB that didn't help Katelynn at all.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

I’d really like to see the 2 hour special that felt only covered the auditions.  They were outside for auditions & girls were in the bleachers when called for making the team.  One shorter girl with curlier long hair had done a lot of community service but not a strong tryout.  It seemed disappointing to Kelli that the girl got cut & left crying.  

Am I delusional?  Does anyone perhaps more seasoned remember this??  Help me out!

On 10/15/2020 at 9:31 PM, 88Keys said:

Oh I see I took it as being thicker is a flaw, so one must bring it up to another level in dancing to make up for it. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Spunkyyy said:

Oh I see I took it as being thicker is a flaw, so one must bring it up to another level in dancing to make up for it. 

That's horrible. 

• Like 4

On what episode did they show the Antebellum All-Stars at Six Flags over Texas? Were they really called that or was that a Primetimer term? I'm curious about the breakaway southern belle dresses they wore over their uniforms. I wonder if they were in the costume closet at VR 😄 

2 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

On what episode did they show the Antebellum All-Stars at Six Flags over Texas? Were they really called that or was that a Primetimer term? I'm curious about the breakaway southern belle dresses they wore over their uniforms. I wonder if they were in the costume closet at VR 😄 

It was the last episode of Season 6 (episode 8), about 20 minutes in.  Kelli introduced them as "the stars of 'Celebrate Texas'," so they may not have been referred to as Antebellum All Stars.  I'm not sure.

I hate to say this, but a few of the All-Stars in that segment probably shouldn't have been in the uniform (looking at you, Trisha Trevino).

Edited by 123DCCWoooo
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Spunkyyy said:

If we want to spin it, I was thinking thicker = more muscles = more power? Bring it up, bring the boom! More power, more projection.  Like I think Vivian might have been able to squeak by at her heavier weight if she had killed it consistently on the dance floor. And not been a self obsessed crazy pants. 

50 minutes ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

I hate to say this, but a few of the All-Stars in that segment probably shouldn't have been in the uniform (looking at you, Trisha Trevino).

I said the same thing a few days ago (in a diff thread I think,) so we’re all in this together! A lot of those gals only had one year on the big screen, so part of me thinks that we’ve gotten used to the lean look and it just makes the older gals look big. But also that group lacked sparkle IMO and was generally a mess. I felt like the camera angles were trying to hide it too. 

• Like 2

Episode 305:  Watching Kitty make fun of Cathie Gonzales(?) doing the across the floor combo....Wonder how much they pay Kitty to make a complete fool of herself doing that shit?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kalibean said:

If we want to spin it, I was thinking thicker = more muscles = more power? Bring it up, bring the boom! More power, more projection.  Like I think Vivian might have been able to squeak by at her heavier weight if she had killed it consistently on the dance floor. And not been a self obsessed crazy pants. 

I do like that analysis, and there's probably some truth to it.  Some of the "bigger" ladies (using that term loosely, of course!) that made the squad were some of the best dancers.  Kandi Harris immediately comes to mind.

• Like 4

On 10/18/2020 at 6:36 PM, MrsEVH said:

Here's 2 short videos from that show.

Thank you!

• Like 1

I am watching Season 14 right now and had two random thoughts:

I love Amanda, both as a dancer and just as a unique look. She is amazing but I wonder if she could ever be point since she has the bad luck of starting with VK. When you see them dancing side by side during the season, she is clearly the better dancer. I hope she stays for a few years, she is a rock star. 

Taylor P. - I forgot about those cute letters from her grandpa! I follow her on Instagram and think she looks absolutely amazing. I remember someone thought she had a weight problem at some point last year but there is no way. She has a ripped six pack and clearly takes exercise and nutrition seriously. I wish she had stayed on the team but I think she is serious with her boyfriend and wanted to go home (can’t blame her!).

Side note: how the heck did Meredith make this team even for a year? The only other person who annoyed me that much was Morgan. Meredith sounds like a stoner in every interview and just never seemed to dance with everyone else. 

• Like 3