Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, CrazyMoon said:

Not to be tacky, but most of the men I've ever known like something they can get a hold of...they like the look of a slender woman, but when the lights go out they want something a little more substantial...

I got dumped once for being too skinny (I was young and naive) so I can vouch for this 😂

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

No:(  I keep hoping it will show up somewhere.

Awhile back someone on the board said they had it on VHS.....If you are still here & reading: I am willing to pay to have it converted to DVD so we can share with everyone 🙂 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

Me too. If TPTB are truly reading this forum...find a way to re-release the 2-hour special, PLEASE!!! Especially as COVID living drags on.

I say run it for 24 hours straight on pluto.  That way everyone can see it and it gives us time to let everyone else know on here or on FB.  

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I wonder where life took Melissa Rutigliano.  She was spotlighted the last 15 seconds of the second video.   Fandom said  "not invited back to training camp for a second season"  which I suppose means cut at finals.

She and Deanna Hernandez were cut at finals due to weight issues. I googled her name and found this:

http://melissarutigliano.com/

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I see Deanna on Nicole H's IG sometimes. 

I found her IG but it's private. About 10+ years ago I found a story about Deanna on the internet. From what I recall she was shot at a bar. The story was about her planning to audition for the Mavs Dancers. It was after she was cut from the DCC.

EDITED: I found the story

https://nflcheerleader.blogspot.com/2006/06/dallas-shooting-victim-has.html

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Useful 1
43 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I found her IG but it's private. About 10+ years ago I found a story about Deanna on the internet. From what I recall she was shot at a bar. The story was about her planning to audition for the Mavs Dancers. It was after she was cut from the DCC.

EDITED: I found the story

https://nflcheerleader.blogspot.com/2006/06/dallas-shooting-victim-has.html

Whoa. Also admire her sense of humor about it all..she says she got cut for weight issues in her lower half. And that’s what saved her! Thick thighs save lives, y’all. I am EXTRA SAFE. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, njcate said:

Just watching LSU Katelynn - I believe it’s season 12.  Do any insiders know why she wasn’t chosen for training camp? I’ll never understand why she didn’t make it ? 🤯 

my theory is it had something to do with some of the other LSU girls that were DCCs when she tried out. Katelynn started as a Tiger girl dancing with Erica & Cerstan (maybe Kerya too) but left them to be a Golden Girl (Which Jax & Tess were).   She said she switched teams to better prep for DCC but I never fully believed that.  The more we hear about the behind the scenes mean girl attitudes from Erica & Cerstan, it wouldn't surprise me if they gave some input to TPTB that didn't help Katelynn at all.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I’d really like to see the 2 hour special that felt only covered the auditions.  They were outside for auditions & girls were in the bleachers when called for making the team.  One shorter girl with curlier long hair had done a lot of community service but not a strong tryout.  It seemed disappointing to Kelli that the girl got cut & left crying.  

Am I delusional?  Does anyone perhaps more seasoned remember this??  Help me out!

On 10/15/2020 at 9:31 PM, 88Keys said:

Season 12, guest choreographer Michelle.  "If you're going to be thicker, bring it up."  

What on earth does that mean?

Oh I see I took it as being thicker is a flaw, so one must bring it up to another level in dancing to make up for it. 

• Love 6

On what episode did they show the Antebellum All-Stars at Six Flags over Texas? Were they really called that or was that a Primetimer term? I'm curious about the breakaway southern belle dresses they wore over their uniforms. I wonder if they were in the costume closet at VR 😄 

2 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

On what episode did they show the Antebellum All-Stars at Six Flags over Texas? Were they really called that or was that a Primetimer term? I'm curious about the breakaway southern belle dresses they wore over their uniforms. I wonder if they were in the costume closet at VR 😄 

It was the last episode of Season 6 (episode 8), about 20 minutes in.  Kelli introduced them as "the stars of 'Celebrate Texas'," so they may not have been referred to as Antebellum All Stars.  I'm not sure.

I hate to say this, but a few of the All-Stars in that segment probably shouldn't have been in the uniform (looking at you, Trisha Trevino).

Edited by 123DCCWoooo
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Spunkyyy said:

Oh I see I took it as being thicker is a flaw, so one must bring it up to another level in dancing to make up for it. 

If we want to spin it, I was thinking thicker = more muscles = more power? Bring it up, bring the boom! More power, more projection.  Like I think Vivian might have been able to squeak by at her heavier weight if she had killed it consistently on the dance floor. And not been a self obsessed crazy pants. 

50 minutes ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

I hate to say this, but a few of the All-Stars in that segment probably shouldn't have been in the uniform (looking at you, Trisha Trevino).

I said the same thing a few days ago (in a diff thread I think,) so we’re all in this together! A lot of those gals only had one year on the big screen, so part of me thinks that we’ve gotten used to the lean look and it just makes the older gals look big. But also that group lacked sparkle IMO and was generally a mess. I felt like the camera angles were trying to hide it too. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, kalibean said:

If we want to spin it, I was thinking thicker = more muscles = more power? Bring it up, bring the boom! More power, more projection.  Like I think Vivian might have been able to squeak by at her heavier weight if she had killed it consistently on the dance floor. And not been a self obsessed crazy pants. 

I do like that analysis, and there's probably some truth to it.  Some of the "bigger" ladies (using that term loosely, of course!) that made the squad were some of the best dancers.  Kandi Harris immediately comes to mind.

• Love 4

I am watching Season 14 right now and had two random thoughts:

I love Amanda, both as a dancer and just as a unique look. She is amazing but I wonder if she could ever be point since she has the bad luck of starting with VK. When you see them dancing side by side during the season, she is clearly the better dancer. I hope she stays for a few years, she is a rock star. 

Taylor P. - I forgot about those cute letters from her grandpa! I follow her on Instagram and think she looks absolutely amazing. I remember someone thought she had a weight problem at some point last year but there is no way. She has a ripped six pack and clearly takes exercise and nutrition seriously. I wish she had stayed on the team but I think she is serious with her boyfriend and wanted to go home (can’t blame her!).

Side note: how the heck did Meredith make this team even for a year? The only other person who annoyed me that much was Morgan. Meredith sounds like a stoner in every interview and just never seemed to dance with everyone else. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, MelissaB326 said:

Taylor P. - I forgot about those cute letters from her grandpa! I follow her on Instagram and think she looks absolutely amazing. I remember someone thought she had a weight problem at some point last year but there is no way. She has a ripped six pack and clearly takes exercise and nutrition seriously. I wish she had stayed on the team but I think she is serious with her boyfriend and wanted to go home (can’t blame her!).

Side note: how the heck did Meredith make this team even for a year? The only other person who annoyed me that much was Morgan. Meredith sounds like a stoner in every interview and just never seemed to dance with everyone else. 

Taylor P. - Loved her and loved that she wrote back and forth with her grandpa.

Meredith - Dang her voice was annoying. Of course, her face was so frickin' gorgeous. But I could never find the mute button fast enough.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, MelissaB326 said:

I am watching Season 14 right now and had two random thoughts:

I love Amanda, both as a dancer and just as a unique look. She is amazing but I wonder if she could ever be point since she has the bad luck of starting with VK. When you see them dancing side by side during the season, she is clearly the better dancer. I hope she stays for a few years, she is a rock star. 

I thought most of last year’s rookies were  blenders but Amanda is a star. I liked her from the get-go but really loved her in Tyce’s piece. It suited her sassy personality. 

The only other ones I loved last year were Kelcey, Taylor P and Chandi. I have a soft spot for Lily though.

I’m a Meredith fan but not for DCC. Kristin can be cute but messy. Kat definitely improved throughout TC but still wasn’t up to DCC standards. Lisa is too powerful for the DCC style (needs to smooth out that Mavs style). And VK. Lots of power but needs to not put so much into her movement. Her idea of power throws herself off! 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I thought most of last year’s rookies were  blenders but Amanda is a star. I liked her from the get-go but really loved her in Tyce’s piece. It suited her sassy personality. 

The only other ones I loved last year were Kelcey, Taylor P and Chandi. I have a soft spot for Lily though.

I’m a Meredith fan but not for DCC. Kristin can be cute but messy. Kat definitely improved throughout TC but still wasn’t up to DCC standards. Lisa is too powerful for the DCC style (needs to smooth out that Mavs style). And VK. Lots of power but needs to not put so much into her movement. Her idea of power throws herself off! 

Yes, I like Chandi and Kelsey too! Chandi is so beautiful and fun to watch. Kelsey just seems like a great dancer, plus I have a soft spot for the blue eyed brunettes being one myself.

For Kat, I feel like she could be a little more mature but she seems like she could be fun to hang out with. I hope her dancing got better.

Lisa - I find her slightly off putting, I am not sure if it’s the negative things people have wrote on here or that she always seems so serious. Her body is a little square for the uniform too, I prefer the hourglass figure like Kashara.

VK - I have conflicting feelings about her. On one hand, she looks amazing and has kept her figure which can’t be easy. Some times I look at her and think she is gorgeous, other times she looks too made up and I notice her flaws more. But I give her props for all the progress she has made. However, she is still immature. I think if she would have danced in college for 4 years then tried out she would have been so much better. But I definitely see what you mean about her power throwing her off. One thing you cannot say about VK, she is not boring and you don’t forget her like some of the others. I still remember all the rumors and things she alleged did during her two training camps but hopefully she is mature enough now to be a good teammate. She does seem to have more support online from the team but I am not sure how much I saw her hanging with the other girls before COVID.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, MelissaB326 said:

I am not sure how much I saw her hanging with the other girls before COVID.

Hard to tell if it's because of likability, or the fact that she's under 21.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
30 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Hard to tell if it's because of likability, or the fact that she's under 21.

Gonna be hard to find your 15 bridesmaids if you don’t hang out with them 😆😅. Sorry I’m sick and mean today 

• LOL 7
5 minutes ago, dariafan said:

Gonna be hard to find your 15 bridesmaids if you don’t hang out with them 😆😅. Sorry I’m sick and mean today 

We'll see what happens from her 21st birthday forward 🙂 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, MelissaB326 said:

VK - I have conflicting feelings about her. On one hand, she looks amazing and has kept her figure which can’t be easy. Some times I look at her and think she is gorgeous, other times she looks too made up and I notice her flaws more. But I give her props for all the progress she has made. However, she is still immature. I think if she would have danced in college for 4 years then tried out she would have been so much better. But I definitely see what you mean about her power throwing her off. One thing you cannot say about VK, she is not boring and you don’t forget her like some of the others. I still remember all the rumors and things she alleged did during her two training camps but hopefully she is mature enough now to be a good teammate. She does seem to have more support online from the team but I am not sure how much I saw her hanging with the other girls before COVID.

I wouldn’t say I’m a VK fan but after that shambolic first TC, she should’ve gone away to college. She could’ve got used to doing the Pom style. As a studio brat (I was one myself so I don’t mean it in a mean way), you don’t really do hard hitting jazz/Pom! 

All she needs to do is learn how to control her long limbs and work on her core! She obviously has technique but doesn’t seem to get much bad feedback. Being sheltered has often led to her getting negative comments from the outside! Hopefully she’s more mature now.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, dariafan said:

Sam Finglass is the maid of honor. Bridesmaids will include Dayton & Hayley Anderson...we'll see from there

• Love 3

After binge watching Seasons 3-14 (which I own on Amazon), some nice person on here let me know Seasons 1-13 are on CBS All Access so I decided to go back and watch seasons 1 & 2. Wow is it weird going from Season 14 to Season 1, everything is so different and less polished on season 1. The girls are more natural and not quite as tiny (I think the big screen made them not take anyone who is bigger once they moved stadiums).

The reason I am posting: How did I forget that Melissa Rycroft had a tramp stamp that said True Love???!!!! I had to rewatch the segment three times to make sure it was her and sure enough, it is. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, MelissaB326 said:

The reason I am posting: How did I forget that Melissa Rycroft had a tramp stamp that said True Love???!!!! I had to rewatch the segment three times to make sure it was her and sure enough, it is. 

Yep, and she was told quite bluntly that it would need to be covered for performances.

• Love 2

Random thought... seems a lot of the TCC find apartments together at the beginning of training camp, how awkward is it when one is cut ie: Meghan Flaherty (RIP) was cut but living with Brooke and Stephanie or when poor Kyndall was cut and she was living with Jessika. I always think do they move out? How can they live with their DCC roommate especially when the season starts and game day, thoughts??? Anyone have any scoop on such situations? 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, TB12 said:

Random thought... seems a lot of the TCC find apartments together at the beginning of training camp, how awkward is it when one is cut ie: Meghan Flaherty (RIP) was cut but living with Brooke and Stephanie or when poor Kyndall was cut and she was living with Jessika. I always think do they move out? How can they live with their DCC roommate especially when the season starts and game day, thoughts??? Anyone have any scoop on such situations? 

The year Lily was cut she was living with someone - I want to say Alanna but I am not 100% sure on that. After she made the team they did a little piece about how they had lived together and how she had helped Lily prepare.   I kind of think if you are cut and intend to re audition, living with a  DCC for that year might motivate and inspire you to make it the next year. Especially if it's someone who would be great as a teacher and can help you practice over the 12 months. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

Someone made a small boo-boo. This is season 12; not season 13.

Using that thumbnail, knowing how K & J raked Madeline Malloy over the coals that night-and many others-during her unsuccessful first time in TC grates on my nerves. Why do one of your current DCC like that?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2