Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Back in the boot camp days of the show, fans complained because there wasn't enough dancing and too much Jay.   I was okay with some of it but do enjoy the dancing more.  

I lost my respect for Jay when they were measuring the girls for body fat and the woman said (I think it was Ashton) she was fine and Jay replied something about those tiny uniforms...meaning she needed to lose more fat. 

21 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

What year was Holly Powell's wardrobe malfunction?

Ugh, I wish they wouldn't have shown that. Talked about it, maybe. I felt horrified for her. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

The training camp attire has come a long way (pictured here 2006 & 2019.) I also noticed the veterans wore pink tops in earlier seasons. 

22B0B696-FFE7-4C70-A161-B8B14CB02CE2.jpeg

omg, i didn't even realize how different the last season's training camp attire was from the seasons right before that (the pink sports bra). the new ones are so freaking cute

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

The training camp attire has come a long way (pictured here 2006 & 2019.) I also noticed the veterans wore pink tops in earlier seasons. 

In season 1, there were at least a few episodes I saw on Pluto where they didn't have any team attire.  The girls just wore their own tops.  I am seeing the earliest seasons for the first time, so it is startling to see the evolution of the team since the show began.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

I still can't believe they keep using Meredith in their thumbnails.

I was never a fan of Meredith, and that thumbnail just solidifies it for me.  She always had this awkwardness about her - from her look, her dancing, all the way to her nasally voice.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

I was never a fan of Meredith, and that thumbnail just solidifies it for me.  She always had this awkwardness about her - from her look, her dancing, all the way to her nasally voice.

lol aw. I think she's gorgeous, but that's about it. She has no power whatsoever and couldn't be further from a cheerleader. She just kept being barely passable. And like you said...awkward, timid, insecure. Wonder if she's always like that or was just there because she was so out of her element. Regardless, it was really unappealing

Did we ever see her once nail a routine or do it well or powerfully...ever? Like, literally? Beautiful does not an entertaining, powerful dancer make, Kelli

Edited by vanillagum
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, vanillagum said:

lol aw. I think she's gorgeous, but that's about it. She has no power whatsoever and couldn't be further from a cheerleader. She just kept being barely passable. And like you said...awkward, timid, insecure. Wonder if she's always like that or was just there because she was so out of her element. Regardless, it was really unappealing

Did we ever see her once nail a routine or do it well or powerfully...ever? Like, literally? Beautiful does not an entertaining, powerful dancer make, Kelli

There was one time during the show where Judy said Meredith was "sharp."  That was the only time I can remember, and that was after she struggled repeatedly with the entrance and nearly pulled down the two girls next to her in the kick line.

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

There was one time during the show where Judy said Meredith was "sharp."  That was the only time I can remember, and that was after she struggled repeatedly with the entrance and nearly pulled down the two girls next to her in the kick line.

I recall when they had a guest choreographer Judy told her it looked like it was the first time she was fighting for it.

Tonight I saw an NFL commercial that mentioned Nick Foles and the Chicago Bears. It made me think of her media screw up when she was asked about him.

• LOL 1
On 10/2/2020 at 5:14 PM, 123DCCWoooo said:

I didn't dislike Meredith...but she never stood out to me.  I don't see her as the stunner so many see her as.

• Love 8

Rewatching season 13 and cracking up every time I see Victoria. She is just so loud and clownish. She looks like she smacks with her mouth wide open when she eats; that's all I can think about. When I watched it the first time earlier this year, 'garish' went through my head every time I saw her. She defines it. Every talking head of hers is so cringe. 

If she weren't a legacy, she'd have been one misstep away from the bad audition montage. She was so soft and had 100 pounds of makeup on. And her hair was the bad kind of big, like s10 Jax's was lmao. Just too much. 

When that one 'Dallas meteorologist' guy went on and on about how sloppy she was and how bad she looked only to be met with Charlotte's 'I wrote the complete opposite,' I died. Of course you did, Charlotte. #teamdallasmeteorologist 

It must be said she looks great and acts a million times better now, so good for her, I guess. But holy shit. She wouldn't have made it to TC looking or acting like that if she were a normie, good god. She would've been laughed out of there, never to return.

I don't 'hate' Victoria the way most posters here do but it always annoyed me how ill-prepared she showed up. And how the judges instantly met her with crazy praise...while weirdly Dayton didn't get any. They gave her all the grief—and yes, she deserved some. Her body was killer and one I'd love to have but for DCC it was kind of soft. And she's beautiful but looked like a little girl. Not really good with DCC style either, like s12 Brianna—beautiful but a little too fluid?

V really thought she could just walk on the squad huh

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
On 10/1/2020 at 2:42 PM, Teriyaki Terror said:

This makes me reminisce of my favorite practice wear over the season. I REALLY wish they still had these, I just thought they flattered every girl best and the design is stunning. I hate the neckline on this years/last years practice wear, but I have seen glimpses somewhere of a new style with a big star on it that I think is cuter. 

dcc1.jpg

dcc2.jpg

• Love 8

I often feel back for the large-chested women as it appears the top is a S/M/L situation and not a cup size thing. I remember watching poor Amy from Illinois and her boobs were just squashed in that practice top. I cannot imagine dancing in that for four or more hours a night!

I love the season 3 or 4 outfits with the black shorts and the stripe on the side. I don't like the top with it, but I'd wear those shorts. 

Screen Shot 2020-10-05 at 12.48.29 PM.png

• Love 3

Random and idk if it goes here or in Former DCCs, but did gymnast s10 rookie Kat have a dance background? I know she had a rhythmic gymnastics background but that's not really the same. Did she ever dance for a team prior to DCC? Random but I just adore her. I know she had a sharp face and was very, very thin and small, but she was the sweetest and really did take critique well. 

Also, while we're at it, does anyone know of any DCCs that didn't previously dance on a team/didn't dance their whole life?

• Love 2
On 10/5/2020 at 1:58 PM, HowdeeDo said:
On 10/1/2020 at 2:42 PM, Teriyaki Terror said:

Read more  

dcc1.jpg

That one was one of my favorites too. I really liked the halter with a slit from season 14 though...Maybe it would have held in Amy though.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, MaryWebGirl said:

Amy made the Golden State Warriors dance team when the team won an NBA championship—that must have been fun as hell for her! She got her justice.

And I'd guess GSW doesn't demand your spare time like DCC does.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

I always liked Ann. I though she was super cute and one of my all time favs. I never understood what the personality questions was all about. 

I wonder if that was all for show.  If Charlotte really didn't like her, I'm sure she wouldn't have been there.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

I always liked Ann. I though she was super cute and one of my all time favs. I never understood what the personality questions was all about. 

I really liked Ann but never saw "cheerleader". To me your typical cheerleaders (especially for America's Sweetheart DCCs) are really outgoing, bubbly types and Ann always seemed a bit more thoughtful and introverted when not on the field.

Honestly, she seemed more real than most of them, as in she wasn't going to be all over the top peppy all the time just to appease Kelli/Judy/Charlotte.

• Love 5

I loved Ann, mostly because I see myself in her, like, I'd love to be a DCC, and I love being girly and dancing and shit, but I'm not over the top peppy and don't feel like trying to be. I also don't have a baby voice and I'm not blonde, the horror!

Charlotte's dislike of her was so weird. I don't get how she made it the first time then. 

I thought she was super pretty and her short hair was so cute. I loved the little pink costume she wore for her second year audition 

• Love 11
On 10/5/2020 at 10:53 AM, vanillagum said:

Rewatching season 13 and cracking up every time I see Victoria. She is just so loud and clownish. She looks like she smacks with her mouth wide open when she eats; that's all I can think about. When I watched it the first time earlier this year, 'garish' went through my head every time I saw her. She defines it. Every talking head of hers is so cringe. 

If she weren't a legacy, she'd have been one misstep away from the bad audition montage. She was so soft and had 100 pounds of makeup on. And her hair was the bad kind of big, like s10 Jax's was lmao. Just too much. 

When that one 'Dallas meteorologist' guy went on and on about how sloppy she was and how bad she looked only to be met with Charlotte's 'I wrote the complete opposite,' I died. Of course you did, Charlotte. #teamdallasmeteorologist 

It must be said she looks great and acts a million times better now, so good for her, I guess. But holy shit. She wouldn't have made it to TC looking or acting like that if she were a normie, good god. She would've been laughed out of there, never to return.

I don't 'hate' Victoria the way most posters here do but it always annoyed me how ill-prepared she showed up. And how the judges instantly met her with crazy praise...while weirdly Dayton didn't get any. They gave her all the grief—and yes, she deserved some. Her body was killer and one I'd love to have but for DCC it was kind of soft. And she's beautiful but looked like a little girl. Not really good with DCC style either, like s12 Brianna—beautiful but a little too fluid?

V really thought she could just walk on the squad huh

YES!!! THIS. ALL THIS. NAILED IT. 

• Love 5
On 10/7/2020 at 12:03 PM, MaryWebGirl said:

Amy made the Golden State Warriors dance team when the team won an NBA championship—that must have been fun as hell for her! She got her justice.

I didn't know this about her until catching up on the forum recently.  Since I just watched S11 and her HARSH cut, I had to look up how she's doing now.  Y'all!  She looks so great!!  She looks happy and healthy and gorgeous!  I'm so glad for her!  

DAfAcJCXsAAqZte.jpg

DDc3Zx_XcAA_wCK?format=jpg&name=medium

• Love 11
19 minutes ago, KickYourNose said:

I didn't know this about her until catching up on the forum recently.  Since I just watched S11 and her HARSH cut, I had to look up how she's doing now.  Y'all!  She looks so great!!  She looks happy and healthy and gorgeous!  I'm so glad for her!  

Good for her! I have always had a soft spot for Amy. Her cut is hands down the hardest one for me to watch. I know she wanted to be a DCC so very, very badly, but I think she's better off because yeah, she looks happy, healthy and gorgeous!

• Love 10
1 hour ago, KickYourNose said:

DAfAcJCXsAAqZte.jpg

aw this makes me so happy for her

1 hour ago, Mabinogia said:

Good for her! I have always had a soft spot for Amy. Her cut is hands down the hardest one for me to watch. I know she wanted to be a DCC so very, very badly, but I think she's better off because yeah, she looks happy, healthy and gorgeous!

I feel like she dodged a bullet with that toxic environment. 

On 10/7/2020 at 5:43 PM, Mabinogia said:

I really liked Ann but never saw "cheerleader". To me your typical cheerleaders (especially for America's Sweetheart DCCs) are really outgoing, bubbly types and Ann always seemed a bit more thoughtful and introverted when not on the field.

Honestly, she seemed more real than most of them, as in she wasn't going to be all over the top peppy all the time just to appease Kelli/Judy/Charlotte.

But Cassie said she wasn't the peppy type, she was more of the type to lay down the law and Charlotte never drug her. 

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

But Cassie said she wasn't the peppy type, she was more of the type to lay down the law and Charlotte never drug her. 

Can't help but think of that Roseanne episode where Becky farted while giving a speech in front of the entire school. She said Becky "laid down the law".

Edited by MrsEVH
  • LOL 7
11 hours ago, KickYourNose said:

DAfAcJCXsAAqZte.jpg

I wish she would have stayed longer than just one season with them, but she has moved on 🙂 I love Amy!!  She's now expecting a baby girl and seems to be over the moon about it 🙂  

• Love 12
13 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Can't help but think of that Roseanne episode where Becky farted while giving a speech in front of the entire school. She said Becky "laid down the law".

One of my very favorite sitcom episodes. I still LMBO when I see this episode. Darlene was the bomb!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, bjo1969 said:

One of my very favorite sitcom episodes. I still LMBO when I see this episode. Darlene was the bomb!

One of my faves too. I have been watching a lot of the reruns lately. Sara Gilbert (Darlene) always came up with some good one liners.

• Love 1
On 10/9/2020 at 10:28 AM, MrsEVH said:

One of my faves too. I have been watching a lot of the reruns lately. Sara Gilbert (Darlene) always came up with some good one liners.

I saw the episode last night where Becky is suspended from school for 'flipping the bird' in the class photo...Roseanne had to see the principal, turns out Becky didn't do it....however, Roseanne gets after the principal for making accusations without proof...and that when she's back next year because of something Darlene does (and I will be back)...just remember I'm a good mother today.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, CrazyMoon said:

I saw the episode last night where Becky is suspended from school for 'flipping the bird' in the class photo...Roseanne had to see the principal, turns out Becky didn't do it....however, Roseanne gets after the principal for making accusations without proof...and that when she's back next year because of something Darlene does (and I will be back)...just remember I'm a good mother today.

Loved that one too. I actually like the first few seasons. Near the end after they won the lottery if just got too corny. 

• Love 3
On 10/9/2020 at 12:28 PM, MrsEVH said:

Is it available on streaming?  I loved that show, it was so rare to see families that were a lot like mine on TV!  (Had some white trash tendencies, money problems, etc).  Too bad Roseanne is such a horrible person.  I couldn't get into the reboot even after she got kicked off.

3 hours ago, aeroluv327 said:

Is it available on streaming?  I loved that show, it was so rare to see families that were a lot like mine on TV!  (Had some white trash tendencies, money problems, etc).  Too bad Roseanne is such a horrible person.  I couldn't get into the reboot even after she got kicked off.

I honestly don't know. I watch it on a cable channel (TVLand). Don't know anything about streaming or downloading. 

• Love 1

I hadn’t discovered the forums yet when season 14 was showing, but I was wondering what the general consensus was in here is about why meredith made the team. clearly she wasn’t ready or capable and she would’ve been an easy cut to get down to 36 girls, I read something in a facebook comment about her boyfriend being close to the Jones family and K&J being told that she had to make the team - do we know if there is any truth in that?

30 minutes ago, Mvdb said:

I hadn’t discovered the forums yet when season 14 was showing, but I was wondering what the general consensus was in here is about why meredith made the team. clearly she wasn’t ready or capable and she would’ve been an easy cut to get down to 36 girls, I read something in a facebook comment about her boyfriend being close to the Jones family and K&J being told that she had to make the team - do we know if there is any truth in that?

Family connections to the Jones family is what was discussed on here as well.

Have you seen where you can read the threads from the past season?  I don't mean the Past Seasons thread, but threads for each season?

• Love 2
On 10/7/2020 at 6:54 PM, vanillagum said:

I loved Ann, mostly because I see myself in her, like, I'd love to be a DCC, and I love being girly and dancing and shit, but I'm not over the top peppy and don't feel like trying to be. I also don't have a baby voice and I'm not blonde, the horror!

Yes, this.  Kelli said that Ann was very funny and she seemed to like her.  Ann seemed like the kind of girl who had her nose buried in a book when she was a kid and probably had a wicked sense of humor, too.  I can relate.  

• Love 9
7 hours ago, 88Keys said:

Season 12, guest choreographer Michelle.  "If you're going to be thicker, bring it up."  

What on earth does that mean?

Probably boobs. I mean surely it's impossible. If you have stockier legs and bum, you can't just zap it away and plonk it on your books. Obviously, didn't take biology in school. We all know their idea of curves is big boobs, skinny waist and a booty (but not too much). 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Have you seen where you can read the threads from the past season?  I don't mean the Past Seasons thread, but threads for each season?

I straight up forgot those existed!!!! thank you ahah 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

There has to be something to those rumors.  I think part of the reason she made it is how beautiful she is.  Kelli has proven she'll give cheerleaders more rope depending on their look.  I feel she's one of the more beautiful cheerleaders they've had on the show, but even that wasn't enough to compensate for her lack of power and inability to learn the choreography.  I was pulling for her from the first episode, but even I could see by the first day of training camp, she wasn't top 36.  

• Love 5
4 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

Probably boobs. I mean surely it's impossible. If you have stockier legs and bum, you can't just zap it away and plonk it on your books. Obviously, didn't take biology in school. We all know their idea of curves is big boobs, skinny waist and a booty (but not too much). 

That's what I figured she meant but I wasn't sure.  Like "it's only OK to be big in the chest area."  

And then Kelli made a comment about how many men in rap songs seem to like a "thick" woman.  Like she can't fathom that some men might like a body type that is different than what she considers the ideal body type to be.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, 88Keys said:

And then Kelli made a comment about how many men in rap songs seem to like a "thick" woman.  Like she can't fathom that some men might like a body type that is different than what she considers the ideal body type to be.  

Not to be tacky, but most of the men I've ever known like something they can get a hold of...they like the look of a slender woman, but when the lights go out they want something a little more substantial...

• LOL 5
  • Love 2