Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, kalibean said:

I think some of the gals that aren’t as classically beautiful and/or maybe have a tougher appearance have a harder time in years where pageant queens come rolling through. Kelli is an outstanding dancer and clearly a tremendous asset, but I can see her dancing getting overlooked when flashier options are out there. (Hannah and current all star Stephanie also tried out multiple times, right?). 

Morgan and Vivian aren’t great dancers, but had unique looks, classically pretty, good stories, etc. 

The only thing I can relate it to is a reality show like American Idol or SYTYCD...the “best” isn’t always the winner. Sometimes it’s good enough but pretty/flashy/fills a slot that wins out. 

You are right, the really pretty girls do tend to get to training camp even if they aren’t as great dancers. Vivian is actually quite gorgeous. I find Morgan a rather harsh, older look who always has this sour look on her face. Sorry, not a Morgan fan. 

I am watching Vivian try to lose weight by boxing with Angela and I am kind of questioning using boxing to quickly lose 8 pounds. I have no doubt boxing can keep you toned but I am sure running and watching her diet would have made more sense for Vivian.

Paige Elaine is a rookie this season, she is really beautiful and has such shiny pretty hair (I like it better straight). She seemed really down to earth and personable. And now she is married to a Cowboy, I wonder what Kelli thinks of that 🤔 but I say good for her, she looks very happy on Instagram. 

• Love 3

I’m rewatching Season 12 where they go to the party where Demi Lovato performs. There is someone there with the DCC and I am wondering if this is Jinelle’s girlfriend?

Just now, KatieC said:

I’m rewatching Season 12 where they go to the party where Demi Lovato performs. There is someone there with the DCC and I am wondering if this is Jinelle’s girlfriend?

Yes that’s Katy 

• Love 2
On 7/22/2019 at 7:33 PM, MelissaB326 said:

I am watching Vivian try to lose weight by boxing with Angela and I am kind of questioning using boxing to quickly lose 8 pounds. I have no doubt boxing can keep you toned but I am sure running and watching her diet would have made more sense for Vivian.

Boxing is hard - it won't work well for cardio if you do the whole take-your-time-and-take-your-shot, but the kind where you are moving, dodging, and twisting at top speed will shred you fast, and tone your arms and abs at the same time (which is especially good if you're a bit bottom-heavy).  It's the upper-body equivalent to plyo - it's also a particular favorite of Victoria's Secret models to get in shape for runway and photo shoots.  

Running has its points, but I don't think it would do the kinds of things for her body she'd have wanted it to.  I'm a runner and when I'm on point with my routine I can get to be decently slim (especially if I hit intervals), but I've got thicker calves than I wish I did because of all the running I do, and the sheer amount she'd need would make it really hard for her to be on point with all the leg and foot movements she'd need to keep up with.  

I do agree with you though that whether she was running or boxing, the bottom line for weight is absolutely diet.  I just can't imagine how insanely hard it would be to keep on point with that when regardless of how well you've got your routine down prior to trying out - just making it to camp would have to potential to seriously screw with it.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Tootie said:

Not really a "past season" but I didn't know where else to put this...

My thoughts—

Judy has not changed. Is she just not aging?

Those costumes at the end (disco and western) are awful. Just awful. 

Two girls had ponytails in their cameos. I thought that was a no-no. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, raindancer said:

I've got thicker calves than I wish I did because of all the running I do

I'm jealous, no mater what I've done I've always had scrawny calves 😞 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

I suppose they can cover chunky calves with the boots. Most of the technical dancers who've done a lot of pointework and ballet will probably have thicker calves, I stopped dancing around 10 years ago and will never get rid of them! I'm proud of mine, all my strength is in my legs.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I suppose they can cover chunky calves with the boots. Most of the technical dancers who've done a lot of pointework and ballet will probably have thicker calves, I stopped dancing around 10 years ago and will never get rid of them! I'm proud of mine, all my strength is in my legs.

Same.  And honestly, calves are genetic to an extent.  you can't change muscle insertions.  even if my calves weren't as muscular, they still insert closer to my ankle than what is aesthetically pleasing, at least in modeling/dance/etc.  nothing i can do about that!!  

• Love 4
23 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

same here 🙂 

On 7/24/2019 at 2:41 AM, ByTor said:

I never had large calves either and I did pointe work.  Definition yes, just not bulk.  

• Love 2

I watched the finals episode from season 12 this morning with Katelyn who auditioned and was great. And then she didn't make it to camp and it's always been like why didn't she make it? She got tons of praise on everything except her look, but she could have gotten a makeover. I remember someone posting that she may have gotten bad word of mouth from former teammates or coaches. Maybe that was a part of it. And her solo did look a little boring. They didn't mention it on the episode but it was posted here after awhile.

And I just noticed in the episode while they were performing on the field, Neal asked Melissa if she did anything for her at all? And she hesitated and didn't really say anything and then Anthony Ramos said no she didn't do anything for him either so maybe that contributed to it.

And I was thinking about Alanna's friend Sarah from last year that didn't make it. And they showed nothing but praise for her the whole time! They liked her and her dancing. It was only good things that they showed, so we all wonder why? Tell us why she didn't make it! Why show all the compliments and everything if she doesn't even make it to training camp? Alanna got less said about her and she made it and didn't even stand out much IMO. So annoying. Ha sorry that was so long

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I watched the finals episode from season 12 this morning with Katelyn who auditioned and was great. And then she didn't make it to camp and it's always been like why didn't she make it? She got tons of praise on everything except her look, but she could have gotten a makeover. I remember someone posting that she may have gotten bad word of mouth from former teammates or coaches. Maybe that was a part of it. And her solo did look a little boring. They didn't mention it on the episode but it was posted here after awhile.

And I just noticed in the episode while they were performing on the field, Neal asked Melissa if she did anything for her at all? And she hesitated and didn't really say anything and then Anthony Ramos said no she didn't do anything for him either so maybe that contributed to it.

And I was thinking about Alanna's friend Sarah from last year that didn't make it. And they showed nothing but praise for her the whole time! They liked her and her dancing. It was only good things that they showed, so we all wonder why? Tell us why she didn't make it! Why show all the compliments and everything if she doesn't even make it to training camp? Alanna got less said about her and she made it and didn't even stand out much IMO. So annoying. Ha sorry that was so long

Regarding Sarah, Charlotte said she appeared to be a strong dancer, solo and all, but it didn’t translate to the field🤷‍♀️

• Love 2

Season 13 full episodes are up on CMT. I don't remember watching most of it, I know I did but I must not have been impressed as I keep thinking "who is that now" 

• LOL 2

OMG.  Just watched the Alumni Workshop from S12.  Kelli talks about how opinionated the group was and so she invited them to the evening’s practice.  After the practice, Kelli invited the alumni in closed door session to express concerns.  Momma Kalina forcefully states, “Tasha...weight!  Stephanie...weight!”   I about lost my shit.  How did this woman let her daughter gain 11 pounds and have the audacity to shit on Kelli for cutting her?

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

Since she herself (TK) was cut for weight, she didn’t want the same thing happening to others.  A little empathy would have been nice though,  as her comment was said in a snark/snide tone, as if she were better than them.  

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Blue hues said:

Since she herself (TK) was cut for weight, she didn’t want the same thing happening to others.  A little empathy would have been nice though,  as her comment was said in a snark/snide tone, as if she were better than them.  

You’re right.  

I wonder what life I the Kalina household was like as VK’s weight increased. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Morgan wasn't invited to TC her 2nd year.  I think it was weight gain mostly.  I remember thinking as hard as she worked to make the team; then she went and gained all that weight.

I thought she was late to her interview.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
22 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I thought she was late to her interview.

Morgan made the team in Season 8 (I just finished watching that season) and got cut in Season 9. They said it was because she was late to her interview but she barely made it in Season 8, she really didn’t look like she should have made it as they constantly showed her messing up. I think she had some kind of personal connection to Kitty or someone (I think Kitty because they said she recommended her and Kitty didn’t yell at her despite her being a complete mess), and I think that connection was enough to get her one year on the team but my guess is that she messed up all year and they were done with her by the end of that year. Being late to the interview was a nice excuse to use to cut her, these are just my thoughts though. Honestly Morgan annoyed the crap out of me in season 8 so I am always happy to see her get cut in Season 9, as mean as that sounds.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Same year that Breelan made a huge mistake during the christmas game and looked like a deer in headlights. I wish I could have seen what Judy thought of that

I believe that video is still on youtube.

1 hour ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Same year that Breelan made a huge mistake during the christmas game and looked like a deer in headlights. I wish I could have seen what Judy thought of that

21 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I believe that video is still on youtube.

Isn't it the Halloween halftime?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I don't think I've seen anyone post this.  Apologies in advance if I missed it being shared.

cakeknife_photography_26_7_2019_16_3_15_468.jpg

Wow!  She looks beautiful:)  I just realized it’s been awhile since I have seen a wedding dress like that.  

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Wow!  She looks beautiful:)  I just realized it’s been awhile since I have seen a wedding dress like that.  

Although we can't see the dress full on, it does look to be a beautiful dress.  Simple with just the right embellishment.  I think it's lovely. 

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Not that strapless mermaid style like most of the DCC s wear.

• Love 5
51 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I don't think I've seen anyone post this.  Apologies in advance if I missed it being shared.

I was wondering if Kelli Q. had a smaller wedding, I feel like I didn’t really see many (any?) DCC (current or former) post about being there. It was just really noticeable to me after Kelsi’s big blowout with all the former DCC at her wedding. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Not that strapless mermaid style like most of the DCC s wear.

I really don't like mermaid wedding dresses.  Plus you can barely move in the darn things.

(edited)

I am on Season 9 of my rewatch and I just finished watching finals. Melissa W. has always been a favorite of mine but I just realized she said she was going into her senior year at Southern Methodist University in her intro, so did she cheer as a DCC and do her schoolwork as a mechanical engineer at the same time? Is SMU located near Dallas? I was already impressed when I thought she graduated then became a DCC but if she did her senior year as a ME and cheered, I am even more impressed. I have a BS and MS in an engineering degree and it is not easy even if you aren’t dancing all the time, she is pretty amazing. I love how bright and nice she seems. 

I also noticed Robyn in the audience at finals, I didn’t realize she didn’t made it in that year (and Alexandra did 🤔).

Poor Kelli Q. still sitting in the crowd not called at finals while Christina makes it 🙄

Edited by MelissaB326
Fixed
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, MelissaB326 said:

Is SMU located near Dallas? 

SMU is near Dallas.  Melissa W, Samantha C and Milan went to school there, and Ashley M worked there while she was a DCC

5 minutes ago, MelissaB326 said:

Poor Kelli Q. still sitting in the crowd not called at finals while Christina makes it 🙄

It just amazes me that some of these girls had to try out as many as 4 times to make the squad.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

SMU is near Dallas.  Melissa W, Samantha C and Milan went to school there, and Ashley M worked there while she was a DCC

It just amazes me that some of these girls had to try out as many as 4 times to make the squad.

The difference between them is Kelli was on 3 teams  before she made the DCC.  Christina was not. 

On 7/24/2019 at 1:06 AM, Tdoc72 said:

My thoughts—

Judy has not changed. Is she just not aging?

Those costumes at the end (disco and western) are awful. Just awful. 

Two girls had ponytails in their cameos. I thought that was a no-no. 

After watching that video from 2003, I also noticed a few things -

-the ponytails - while performing and in cameos

-cameos were all sitting/leaning on something

-Misty Duncan is the only name I recognize

-loved the picture intros

-awful song to dance to right after the bootcamp/fitness video - don't remember even ever hearing it! 

-Judy and Kelly both looked great (still do)

• Love 1

They're having a marathon of last season now on CMT-They're up to the Victoria's third time in the office, with Jinelle sitting there, and weight gain has come up.     Dayton's still there, so it's early on.      They actually had the Hall of Fame 2017 season on MTV the other morning.  

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, phylogeny said:

It hit me in the feels when Judy said "Tara looks awesome" at cameos on these reruns 😭

I just rewatched season 13 and I had the feels for Lily. She was blindsided by her cut. She handled it gracefully though. But she had never been in the office to even try to fix anything. 😢

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

I just rewatched season 13 and I had the feels for Lily. She was blindsided by her cut. She handled it gracefully though. But she had never been in the office to even try to fix anything. 😢

I was crushed for her, too. I have my fingers crossed for her this year.

• Love 5

I am just finishing up rewatching Season 9 and it had a great triangle, Holly A then Emma and Jaci. Makes me wonder how this coming year can compete with older years like that one.

Another random thought from watching this season: I had kind of wondered why they kept Breelan considering all her issues but she was actually quite pretty when she wasn’t scrunching up her neck. Her cameo picture was gorgeous. I wonder how she actually did during the season and whether they would have kept her if she didn’t gain weight the next year. 

• Love 2
(edited)
On 7/26/2019 at 7:14 PM, go4luca said:

She was gorgeous!! That is one of the prettiest dresses I've seen any of the DCC wear.  

On 7/26/2019 at 8:07 PM, MelissaB326 said:

I was wondering if Kelli Q. had a smaller wedding, I feel like I didn’t really see many (any?) DCC (current or former) post about being there. It was just really noticeable to me after Kelsi’s big blowout with all the former DCC at her wedding. 

She had it in Colorado and it didn't really look to be a "small" wedding but it was definitely smaller than some of the extravaganzas that have been held recently.  Also, I didn't see any of the current DCC there and honestly didn't see any past DCC pictured.  And...NO THUNDERSTROOK!!!! 🙂 you go Kelli!!!

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 3
On 7/27/2019 at 12:36 PM, go4luca said:

While Holly P. has been in Dallas, she's been having new head and portfolio shots taken.

She looks amazing...she was posting these on her IG page a few days ago.  California is definitely agreeing with her 🙂

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Kayce said:

She was gorgeous!! That is one of the prettiest dresses I've seen any of the DCC wear.  

She had it in Colorado and it didn't really look to be a "small" wedding but it was definitely smaller than some of the extravaganzas that have been held recently.  Also, I didn't see any of the current DCC there and honestly didn't see any past DCC pictured.  And...NO THUNDERSTROOK!!!! 🙂 you go Kelli!!!

I'm pretty sure Kelsey L (now Smith) was the only one there. I wanna say I saw a quick instastory with her in it, but I could have misunderstood what I saw and it was a congrats post. Either way Kelli looked absolutely stunning. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Txmomof2 said:

I'm pretty sure Kelsey L (now Smith) was the only one there. I wanna say I saw a quick instastory with her in it, but I could have misunderstood what I saw and it was a congrats post. Either way Kelli looked absolutely stunning. 

Kelli was in Kelsey's wedding I believe, so it would make sense that she would be there 🙂

• Love 1
(edited)

I just started Season 10 and I just had to laugh because Paige was interviewed before her Panel Interview and she said “We have a lot to prove as a veteran. I know more about the Cowboys and more about the Organization”. That you do Paige, that you do 😂 (aka I am pretty sure she was with her now-husband Cowboys football player by then).

Also, Colby 😬 How is she “31” but looks about 45+? I can’t figure out how she even made finals to get a chance to win the fan vote.

Amy T, Megan C and Holly P were amazing from the beginning. 

Auto Amy is kind of annoying me. She acts like because she moved there and tried out that she deserves to just be on the team, like there aren’t plenty of other girls who have worked just as hard to get there. She is just too intense about it. 

Edited by MelissaB326
Edit
  • Love 4
(edited)

My DVR recorded Season 12 reruns. If they truly wanted to make a team fast, TPTB could have cut at least 3-4 ladies on the first night of dance. The early strugglers struggled most of the season. 

My opinions didn't change much. Malena gorgeous but shouldn't have gone into camp based on her history.  Dayton also gorgeous but little power from Night One. Still annoyed with how VK was treated. The fawning was nauseating.

I have come to the realization that I would rather see dancing than any drama. 

Edited by ElenaFR
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, MelissaB326 said:

I just started Season 10 and I just had to laugh because Paige was interviewed before her Panel Interview and she said “We have a lot to prove as a veteran. I know more about the Cowboys and more about the Organization”. That you do Paige, that you do 😂 (aka I am pretty sure she was with her now-husband Cowboys football player by then).

Also, Colby 😬 How is she “31” but looks about 45+? I can’t figure out how she even made finals to get a chance to win the fan vote.

Amy T, Megan C and Holly P were amazing from the beginning. 

Auto Amy is kind of annoying me. She acts like because she moved there and tried out that she deserves to just be on the team, like there aren’t plenty of other girls who have worked just as hard to get there. She is just too intense about it. 

I never understood Colbi's appeal either....her lips were overplumped, had weird facials, and was a mediocre dancer, at best.  Kelli made it clear from week one she didn't like her style or look...she is the first person she supposedly ever told was "too thin".  She may have been a super nice person (and in what little I saw, she seemed to be just that) but she was an example as to why the fan vote needed to go away. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Kayce said:

I never understood Colbi's appeal either....her lips were overplumped, had weird facials, and was a mediocre dancer, at best.  Kelli made it clear from week one she didn't like her style or look...she is the first person she supposedly ever told was "too thin".  She may have been a super nice person (and in what little I saw, she seemed to be just that) but she was an example as to why the fan vote needed to go away. 

Kelli also made sure to tell her she only made it to TC was because of the FV. Colby and Jackie both were bad examples of the FV . 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Kayce said:

And the constant “I just need my breakthrough moment” felt like she was just trying to be on a TV show, it was such a weird thing to say so many times. 

• Love 3