Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
ByTor

Past Seasons

Recommended Posts


47 minutes ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

*SIGH*

maxresdefault_live.thumb.jpg.444bc42fc2e0539e222b365568ee4ffe.jpg

I just threw up a little with the photo on the end on the right.🤢

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, rl27rl said:

I just threw up a little with the photo on the end on the right.🤢

14 seasons. So many other women to choose from.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

*SIGH*

maxresdefault_live.thumb.jpg.444bc42fc2e0539e222b365568ee4ffe.jpg

Of all the years they've been on and of all the girls on the squad, yet they couldn't find anyone else to fill the end slots?  However, we all know that Meredith and Victoria are the chosen ones and, while Meredith shouldn't have made the squad in the first place, I'm surprised they actually cut her this past Training Camp.  I'm just glad that they didn't put Cassie in the middle photo.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Of all the years they've been on and of all the girls on the squad, yet they couldn't find anyone else to fill the end slots?  However, we all know that Meredith and Victoria are the chosen ones and, while Meredith shouldn't have made the squad in the first place, I'm surprised they actually cut her this past Training Camp.  I'm just glad that they didn't put Cassie in the middle photo.

I'm honestly SHOCKED Cassie isn't in the middle photo.

  • Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

6 hours ago, vivianspoetry said:

Go check out Briana's Instagram and you'll see she really looks like a Jenner, especially with the lip injections.  It's pretty brutal. 

That broke my heart, seeing her like that. She was such a natural beauty. Why do they do this to themselves? I just don't get it. I'm far out of they age range for these gals so IDK if it's a generational thing. I didn't grow up constantly taking pictures of myself and showing them to the world. Internet was still dial up when I was in school so maybe there is some kind of pressure to look like all the other fake looking people on Instagram? I just find it so sad. Brianna, Kelsey, Kalyssa, they were all stunning young women and they all now look like over processed socialites trying to recapture their youth so their rich husbands don't leave them for a younger model. 

  • Like 7
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/12/2020 at 11:48 AM, dariafan said:

Who is your favorite 1 and done ?

Courtney Russ. Beautiful girl and dancer and seemed like she had a good heart.

Honorable Mentions: Brandi Kilby, Kat Rogers, Morgan Jordan, Breelan Statham, Meredith Madden, and Yoshiko Danjo. They all seemed to have fought tooth and nail to make the team. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

*SIGH*

maxresdefault_live.thumb.jpg.444bc42fc2e0539e222b365568ee4ffe.jpg

This video has already been live streaming for 6 hours and they are only on Season 9😳

  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

*SIGH*

maxresdefault_live.thumb.jpg.444bc42fc2e0539e222b365568ee4ffe.jpg

I can’t tell if Vic’s catching flies or auditioning for a porno film.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, go4luca said:

I can’t tell if Vic’s catching flies or auditioning for a porno film.

image.png.d742b5e619a76140552243dc399e299e.png

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

Courtney Russ. Beautiful girl and dancer and seemed like she had a good heart.

Honorable Mentions: Brandi Kilby, Kat Rogers, Morgan Jordan, Breelan Statham, Meredith Madden, and Yoshiko Danjo. They all seemed to have fought tooth and nail to make the team. 

Man, I loved Morgan. I don't really think she should've made the team, so I'm not surprised she got cut, but she just seemed so damn sweet and genuine. So positive, too. She worked so hard. I was so shook when they showed a picture of her during pregnancy about 70 pounds larger and then cut back to her killer body—defined abs and DCC uniform-ready. Talk about badASS. I'm basically skinny fat, and I like to daydream about being DCC fit one day; she gives me hope lmfao

I had a soft spot for Breelan, too...another one I don't think should've made the team LOL. She was so pretty. I also loved Kat, oop. 

I do think it's interesting how many of Kelli's pets she tosses away the next season. Meredith, Breelan, Morgan, and Kat alone. I'm sure I'm missing others. I guess the talent pool just blows them out of the water so much she can't justify them anymore. 

  • Like 6
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

14 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Of all the years they've been on and of all the girls on the squad, yet they couldn't find anyone else to fill the end slots?

I've done the research on this. In the entirety of the "Making the Team" show - including the original 2005 special - 233 women have been on our screens. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

That broke my heart, seeing her like that. She was such a natural beauty. Why do they do this to themselves? I just don't get it. I'm far out of they age range for these gals so IDK if it's a generational thing. I didn't grow up constantly taking pictures of myself and showing them to the world. Internet was still dial up when I was in school so maybe there is some kind of pressure to look like all the other fake looking people on Instagram? I just find it so sad. Brianna, Kelsey, Kalyssa, they were all stunning young women and they all now look like over processed socialites trying to recapture their youth so their rich husbands don't leave them for a younger model. 

You took the words right out of my mouth... what is Briana's IG? Or maybe I don't want to see her new look... 😞

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, TB12 said:

You took the words right out of my mouth... what is Briana's IG? Or maybe I don't want to see her new look... 😞

@briannawilhere_ 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Looks like some lip injections for sure, but I don't think she needs them at all. The rest is just a more sophisticated & put together version of herself. She's not an 18yo now....and uses make up. Kelli would drool to get her on the team now.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

She still looks pretty natural to me as far as injections go, but she definitely uses makeup and Facetune to her advantage! Definitely working a Karsashian look in some of those pics...in overall appearance and heavy use of editing. 
 

ETA: I used definitely more than Gina on media training day. Sigh. 

Edited by kalibean
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

When you realize that - had K&J actually been good at their job - this year could've been Brennan's 5th season...

giphy.gif

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 2
  • Sad 10

Share this post


Link to post

On 9/17/2020 at 9:48 PM, DCCFanatic82 said:

*SIGH*

maxresdefault_live.thumb.jpg.444bc42fc2e0539e222b365568ee4ffe.jpg

Ok my memory is having a brain freeze who is the 2 to our left (right of Jackie) because I forgot their names.

5 hours ago, go4luca said:

@briannawilhere_ 

 

Is this the Brianna, who tried out whilst in her final year of high school and said that this was her "first job interview"? and then went straight to tampa uni a few months later and then just didn't make any dance teams eg uni dance teams of pro cheer teams, by the looks of her social media (maybe I didn't look properly cos I only looked at her top posts that is showing on my computer screen and didn't look further down etc).

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, UK-Fan said:

Is this the Brianna, who tried out whilst in her final year of high school and said that this was her "first job interview"? and then went straight to tampa uni a few months later 

Yes.

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, UK-Fan said:

Ok my memory is having a brain freeze who is the 2 to our left (right of Jackie)

Alyssa Torres

 

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Alyssa Torres

 

Which one was Alyssa of those 2 girls? Cos I cannot name either of them at all for some reason.

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, UK-Fan said:

Which one was Alyssa of those 2 girls? Cos I cannot name either of them at all for some reason.

The one on the far left is Meredith. Kelli's "girl crush" from last season.

Edited by DCCFanatic82

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

The one on the far left is Meredith. Kelli's "girl crush" from last season.

Makes sense.  She looks like Megan Fox.

Share this post


Link to post

2 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Whatever happened to the NY Brianna that learned how to cook Broccoli in the hotel room?

That's the same one we've been discussing.  Check out her Instagram.  She's gone sort of Kardashian these days.

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
52 minutes ago, 88Keys said:

That's the same one we've been discussing.  Check out her Instagram.  She's gone sort of Kardashian these days.

Ahhhh ok I wasn't sure if it was her or the current DCC Brianna.  What's her last name/insta name?

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, 88Keys said:

That's the same one we've been discussing.  Check out her Instagram.  She's gone sort of Kardashian these days.

 

19 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Ahhhh ok I wasn't sure if it was her or the current DCC Brianna.  What's her last name/insta name?

I got lucky and found her insta (https://www.instagram.com/briannawilhere_/)

Wow she's changed (for the better)!

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

When you realize that - had K&J actually been good at their job - this year could've been Brennan's 5th season...

giphy.gif

She would've been an incredible group leader, like Jinelle. Both have good technique, maturity, grace, poise, personable, relatable, likeable, humility. All things that the young lady in the GIF does not have. 

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

By "Kardashian," I mean looks-wise.  Not behavior.  Just to be clear.

Also, when I said "Kali looks like Jessica Simpson," I meant the Kali from season 7 (8?).  Not the early season Kali.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

In the 2017 season/ Season 12:

If Holly Powell hadn't resigned/cut do you think she would have been given point over KaShara, since both of them were going on year 3. 

13 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

Did anyone get a Barbie but didn’t make the team? 

Did Victoria get one the first year she auditioned, but got cut in TC?

  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

In the 2017 season/ Season 12:

If Holly Powell hadn't resigned/cut do you think she would have been given point over KaShara, since both of them were going on year 3. 

Did Victoria get one the first year she auditioned, but got cut in TC?

Yep Victoria did and Dayton and Kristen also

Edited by BulaKitty
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

In the 2017 season/ Season 12:

If Holly Powell hadn't resigned/cut do you think she would have been given point over KaShara, since both of them were going on year 3. 

Yes.  And rightfully so.

Edited by 123DCCWoooo · Reason: Grammar
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

I still think Jenna was robbed. She should have had point well before her 6th season. 

Potentially.  Not considering Holly's behavior (because that's how KaShara got point to begin with - by Jenna and Holly's screw-up), I'm convinced Holly would have been point for as long as she remained on the team once Jenna exited.

Edited by 123DCCWoooo
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

In the 2017 season/ Season 12:

If Holly Powell hadn't resigned/cut do you think she would have been given point over KaShara, since both of them were going on year 3

I honestly don’t think she would have. Holly is talented, but she was never really a rah rah go team go girl like the others that have been point.  Or showed exceptional leadership. Jenna wasn’t necessarily a rah rah girl, but she was a group leader and strong in teaching dances, leading song changes, etc. 

Holly was a bit of a me monster and smug AF. I’m sure she would have been triangle, but there were a lot of solid dancers to be featured that year.  Holly didn’t start or finish solos either...Jenna and Cerstyn that year IIRC. 
 

 

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, BulaKitty said:
9 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

Did Victoria get one the first year she auditioned, but got cut in TC?

Yep Victoria did and Dayton and Kristen also

Also Brianna (of "bbq chicken & broccoli" fame).

  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

I still think Jenna was robbed. She should have had point well before her 6th season. 

Jenna should have been point over Jenn A. Still don't know what they see in Jenn. I find her dancing stilted and boring. Though I'm sure she was a good (tough) leader.

  • Like 9
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, kalibean said:

I honestly don’t think she would have. Holly is talented, but she was never really a rah rah go team go girl like the others that have been point.  Or showed exceptional leadership. Jenna wasn’t necessarily a rah rah girl, but she was a group leader and strong in teaching dances, leading song changes, etc. 

Holly was a bit of a me monster and smug AF. I’m sure she would have been triangle, but there were a lot of solid dancers to be featured that year.  Holly didn’t start or finish solos either...Jenna and Cerstyn that year IIRC. 
 

 

I don't think you're wrong, which is why I think that Holly would have been point if it wasn't for her behavior.  Holly is super talented, but I agree that she was in it for herself and not the team.  Nothing inherently wrong with that, but why not just go the professional dancer route rather than going with a TEAM? I believe it was for the exposure DCC brings more than anything.

Very interesting point that Holly didn't start or finish solos, which is a bit of a head scratcher. Again, probably due to her individualistic approach. But I would have rather had Holly end solos than Cersten (I was never a fan of Cersten's dancing or attitude).

Edited by 123DCCWoooo
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

During solo auditions, the first and last slots generally go to the strongest, showiest dancers. Holly is a stellar dancer, but didn’t get one of those slots her third year. While she’s very talented, there was a crowded field of talent her second and third years, some who might have been missing a tiny bit of Holly’s talent but more than made it up in overall leadership ability.  And frankly I think some of the other ladies were just as strong without Holly’s negatives. 
 

I get why they picked Jenna and Cerstyn, even if I (also) don’t particularly love Cerstyn’s style of dance. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I broke down and bought season 13 this weekend.    Does vk have a dad or is it just her and Tina ?

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, dariafan said:

I broke down and bought season 13 this weekend.    Does vk have a dad or is it just her and Tina ?

VK has a dad and two older brothers, in addition to Tina:)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, dariafan said:

I broke down and bought season 13 this weekend.    Does vk have a dad or is it just her and Tina ?

dccheerleaders_104166751_4220222364669600_6482077982455133961_n.thumb.jpg.3370b2aa0120b169d67217707f133496.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/20/2020 at 8:15 AM, cgloss said:

Jenna should have been point over Jenn A. Still don't know what they see in Jenn. I find her dancing stilted and boring. Though I'm sure she was a good (tough) leader.

I prefer Jenna’s style over Jenn’s and would’ve preferred her at point, but I thought Jenn did a good job at point. However, I never understood why she rose SO quickly. Leadership....fine. I can buy that she was good leader. She seems to be levelheaded and responsible, and she was in her late 20s, so I get that she naturally was seen as a leader. Dance however....Jenn was good, but not so good that I thought she should’ve been towards the front so quickly. 

Edited by Jess14
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, kalibean said:

During solo auditions, the first and last slots generally go to the strongest, showiest dancers. Holly is a stellar dancer, but didn’t get one of those slots her third year. While she’s very talented, there was a crowded field of talent her second and third years, some who might have been missing a tiny bit of Holly’s talent but more than made it up in overall leadership ability.  And frankly I think some of the other ladies were just as strong without Holly’s negatives. 
 

I get why they picked Jenna and Cerstyn, even if I (also) don’t particularly love Cerstyn’s style of dance. 

I agree and think they also look at entertainment value for the opening and closing solos.  I may be forgetting some, but if I’m recalling correctly, they usually chose high-energy, upbeat and fun dances (Maddie’s JT routine and Cersten’s come immediately to mind).  Holly’s solos were always really impressive to me but not particularly memorable, if that makes sense. 

I think Holly had the best technique I’ve seen on the team in years, but I wouldn’t have chosen her for point (triangle, absolutely).  I like to see a natural entertainer/crowd pleaser at point — someone who’s really eye catching and looks like she’s having the absolute time of her life, and by that standard, Nicole H and Kashara have been two of my favorites even though neither was a highly trained technical dancer. I mean, they’re cheerleaders, not the Bolshoi, so they should look like they’re having fun.  I would’ve chosen Megan C from Holly’s rookie group as point if she’d stayed around.  She had a great balance of excellent technique coupled with being really fun to watch, kind of like Melissa W to me. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

dccheerleaders_104166751_4220222364669600_6482077982455133961_n.thumb.jpg.3370b2aa0120b169d67217707f133496.jpg

VK actually looks great in this image. Less eye make-up, neutral lips, controllable hair. Her gummy smile isn't something she can necessarily change but her whole look just needs toning down so she seems more approachable. 

19 minutes ago, Jazzhands said:

I agree and think they also look at entertainment value for the opening and closing solos.  I may be forgetting some, but if I’m recalling correctly, they usually chose high-energy, upbeat and fun dances (Maddie’s JT routine and Cersten’s come immediately to mind).  Holly’s solos were always really impressive to me but not particularly memorable, if that makes sense. 

I think Holly had the best technique I’ve seen on the team in years, but I wouldn’t have chosen her for point (triangle, absolutely).  I like to see a natural entertainer/crowd pleaser at point — someone who’s really eye catching and looks like she’s having the absolute time of her life, and by that standard, Nicole H and Kashara have been two of my favorites even though neither was a highly trained technical dancer. I mean, they’re cheerleaders, not the Bolshoi, so they should look like they’re having fun.  I would’ve chosen Megan C from Holly’s rookie group as point if she’d stayed around.  She had a great balance of excellent technique coupled with being really fun to watch, kind of like Melissa W to me. 

I loved Holly but I wished Melissa W, Megan C and Amy T would've stayed. They're my dream triangle. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I prefer Jenna’s style over Jenn’s and would’ve preferred her at point, but I thought Jenn did a good job at point. However, I never understood why she rose SO quickly. Leadership....fine. I can buy that she was good leader. She seems to be levelheaded and responsible, and she was in her late 20s, so I get that she naturally was seen as a leader. Dance however....Jenn was good, but not so good that I thought she should’ve been towards the front so quickly. 

That being said, I rewatched her rookie season and they absolutely loved everything she did from minute one. I don’t know that I watched her dance enough to really see how good she was but they wouldn’t be fawning over her for nothing

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size