Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

Courtney Russ. Beautiful girl and dancer and seemed like she had a good heart.

Honorable Mentions: Brandi Kilby, Kat Rogers, Morgan Jordan, Breelan Statham, Meredith Madden, and Yoshiko Danjo. They all seemed to have fought tooth and nail to make the team. 

Man, I loved Morgan. I don't really think she should've made the team, so I'm not surprised she got cut, but she just seemed so damn sweet and genuine. So positive, too. She worked so hard. I was so shook when they showed a picture of her during pregnancy about 70 pounds larger and then cut back to her killer body—defined abs and DCC uniform-ready. Talk about badASS. I'm basically skinny fat, and I like to daydream about being DCC fit one day; she gives me hope lmfao

I had a soft spot for Breelan, too...another one I don't think should've made the team LOL. She was so pretty. I also loved Kat, oop. 

I do think it's interesting how many of Kelli's pets she tosses away the next season. Meredith, Breelan, Morgan, and Kat alone. I'm sure I'm missing others. I guess the talent pool just blows them out of the water so much she can't justify them anymore. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

That broke my heart, seeing her like that. She was such a natural beauty. Why do they do this to themselves? I just don't get it. I'm far out of they age range for these gals so IDK if it's a generational thing. I didn't grow up constantly taking pictures of myself and showing them to the world. Internet was still dial up when I was in school so maybe there is some kind of pressure to look like all the other fake looking people on Instagram? I just find it so sad. Brianna, Kelsey, Kalyssa, they were all stunning young women and they all now look like over processed socialites trying to recapture their youth so their rich husbands don't leave them for a younger model. 

You took the words right out of my mouth... what is Briana's IG? Or maybe I don't want to see her new look... 😞

Looks like some lip injections for sure, but I don't think she needs them at all. The rest is just a more sophisticated & put together version of herself. She's not an 18yo now....and uses make up. Kelli would drool to get her on the team now.

• Love 2

She still looks pretty natural to me as far as injections go, but she definitely uses makeup and Facetune to her advantage! Definitely working a Karsashian look in some of those pics...in overall appearance and heavy use of editing. 

ETA: I used definitely more than Gina on media training day. Sigh. 

Edited by kalibean
  • LOL 4
On 9/17/2020 at 9:48 PM, DCCFanatic82 said:

*SIGH*

maxresdefault_live.thumb.jpg.444bc42fc2e0539e222b365568ee4ffe.jpg

Ok my memory is having a brain freeze who is the 2 to our left (right of Jackie) because I forgot their names.

5 hours ago, go4luca said:

@briannawilhere_ 

Is this the Brianna, who tried out whilst in her final year of high school and said that this was her "first job interview"? and then went straight to tampa uni a few months later and then just didn't make any dance teams eg uni dance teams of pro cheer teams, by the looks of her social media (maybe I didn't look properly cos I only looked at her top posts that is showing on my computer screen and didn't look further down etc).

2 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Whatever happened to the NY Brianna that learned how to cook Broccoli in the hotel room?

That's the same one we've been discussing.  Check out her Instagram.  She's gone sort of Kardashian these days.

• Useful 1
16 hours ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

When you realize that - had K&J actually been good at their job - this year could've been Brennan's 5th season...

giphy.gif

She would've been an incredible group leader, like Jinelle. Both have good technique, maturity, grace, poise, personable, relatable, likeable, humility. All things that the young lady in the GIF does not have. 

• Love 4

In the 2017 season/ Season 12:

If Holly Powell hadn't resigned/cut do you think she would have been given point over KaShara, since both of them were going on year 3. 

13 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

Did anyone get a Barbie but didn’t make the team? 

Did Victoria get one the first year she auditioned, but got cut in TC?

• Useful 2
10 minutes ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

If Holly Powell hadn't resigned/cut do you think she would have been given point over KaShara, since both of them were going on year 3. 

Yep Victoria did and Dayton and Kristen also

Edited by BulaKitty
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

Yes.  And rightfully so.

Edited by 123DCCWoooo
Grammar
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

I still think Jenna was robbed. She should have had point well before her 6th season. 

Potentially.  Not considering Holly's behavior (because that's how KaShara got point to begin with - by Jenna and Holly's screw-up), I'm convinced Holly would have been point for as long as she remained on the team once Jenna exited.

Edited by 123DCCWoooo
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

If Holly Powell hadn't resigned/cut do you think she would have been given point over KaShara, since both of them were going on year 3

I honestly don’t think she would have. Holly is talented, but she was never really a rah rah go team go girl like the others that have been point.  Or showed exceptional leadership. Jenna wasn’t necessarily a rah rah girl, but she was a group leader and strong in teaching dances, leading song changes, etc. 

Holly was a bit of a me monster and smug AF. I’m sure she would have been triangle, but there were a lot of solid dancers to be featured that year.  Holly didn’t start or finish solos either...Jenna and Cerstyn that year IIRC. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, BulaKitty said:
9 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

Yep Victoria did and Dayton and Kristen also

Also Brianna (of "bbq chicken & broccoli" fame).

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
10 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

I still think Jenna was robbed. She should have had point well before her 6th season. 

Jenna should have been point over Jenn A. Still don't know what they see in Jenn. I find her dancing stilted and boring. Though I'm sure she was a good (tough) leader.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
12 hours ago, kalibean said:

I honestly don’t think she would have. Holly is talented, but she was never really a rah rah go team go girl like the others that have been point.  Or showed exceptional leadership. Jenna wasn’t necessarily a rah rah girl, but she was a group leader and strong in teaching dances, leading song changes, etc. 

Holly was a bit of a me monster and smug AF. I’m sure she would have been triangle, but there were a lot of solid dancers to be featured that year.  Holly didn’t start or finish solos either...Jenna and Cerstyn that year IIRC. 

I don't think you're wrong, which is why I think that Holly would have been point if it wasn't for her behavior.  Holly is super talented, but I agree that she was in it for herself and not the team.  Nothing inherently wrong with that, but why not just go the professional dancer route rather than going with a TEAM? I believe it was for the exposure DCC brings more than anything.

Very interesting point that Holly didn't start or finish solos, which is a bit of a head scratcher. Again, probably due to her individualistic approach. But I would have rather had Holly end solos than Cersten (I was never a fan of Cersten's dancing or attitude).

Edited by 123DCCWoooo
  • Love 5

During solo auditions, the first and last slots generally go to the strongest, showiest dancers. Holly is a stellar dancer, but didn’t get one of those slots her third year. While she’s very talented, there was a crowded field of talent her second and third years, some who might have been missing a tiny bit of Holly’s talent but more than made it up in overall leadership ability.  And frankly I think some of the other ladies were just as strong without Holly’s negatives. 

I get why they picked Jenna and Cerstyn, even if I (also) don’t particularly love Cerstyn’s style of dance. 

• Love 5
On 9/20/2020 at 8:15 AM, cgloss said:

Jenna should have been point over Jenn A. Still don't know what they see in Jenn. I find her dancing stilted and boring. Though I'm sure she was a good (tough) leader.

I prefer Jenna’s style over Jenn’s and would’ve preferred her at point, but I thought Jenn did a good job at point. However, I never understood why she rose SO quickly. Leadership....fine. I can buy that she was good leader. She seems to be levelheaded and responsible, and she was in her late 20s, so I get that she naturally was seen as a leader. Dance however....Jenn was good, but not so good that I thought she should’ve been towards the front so quickly. 

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, kalibean said:

During solo auditions, the first and last slots generally go to the strongest, showiest dancers. Holly is a stellar dancer, but didn’t get one of those slots her third year. While she’s very talented, there was a crowded field of talent her second and third years, some who might have been missing a tiny bit of Holly’s talent but more than made it up in overall leadership ability.  And frankly I think some of the other ladies were just as strong without Holly’s negatives. 

I get why they picked Jenna and Cerstyn, even if I (also) don’t particularly love Cerstyn’s style of dance. 

I agree and think they also look at entertainment value for the opening and closing solos.  I may be forgetting some, but if I’m recalling correctly, they usually chose high-energy, upbeat and fun dances (Maddie’s JT routine and Cersten’s come immediately to mind).  Holly’s solos were always really impressive to me but not particularly memorable, if that makes sense. 

I think Holly had the best technique I’ve seen on the team in years, but I wouldn’t have chosen her for point (triangle, absolutely).  I like to see a natural entertainer/crowd pleaser at point — someone who’s really eye catching and looks like she’s having the absolute time of her life, and by that standard, Nicole H and Kashara have been two of my favorites even though neither was a highly trained technical dancer. I mean, they’re cheerleaders, not the Bolshoi, so they should look like they’re having fun.  I would’ve chosen Megan C from Holly’s rookie group as point if she’d stayed around.  She had a great balance of excellent technique coupled with being really fun to watch, kind of like Melissa W to me. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

dccheerleaders_104166751_4220222364669600_6482077982455133961_n.thumb.jpg.3370b2aa0120b169d67217707f133496.jpg

VK actually looks great in this image. Less eye make-up, neutral lips, controllable hair. Her gummy smile isn't something she can necessarily change but her whole look just needs toning down so she seems more approachable. 

19 minutes ago, Jazzhands said:

I agree and think they also look at entertainment value for the opening and closing solos.  I may be forgetting some, but if I’m recalling correctly, they usually chose high-energy, upbeat and fun dances (Maddie’s JT routine and Cersten’s come immediately to mind).  Holly’s solos were always really impressive to me but not particularly memorable, if that makes sense. 

I think Holly had the best technique I’ve seen on the team in years, but I wouldn’t have chosen her for point (triangle, absolutely).  I like to see a natural entertainer/crowd pleaser at point — someone who’s really eye catching and looks like she’s having the absolute time of her life, and by that standard, Nicole H and Kashara have been two of my favorites even though neither was a highly trained technical dancer. I mean, they’re cheerleaders, not the Bolshoi, so they should look like they’re having fun.  I would’ve chosen Megan C from Holly’s rookie group as point if she’d stayed around.  She had a great balance of excellent technique coupled with being really fun to watch, kind of like Melissa W to me. 

I loved Holly but I wished Melissa W, Megan C and Amy T would've stayed. They're my dream triangle. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I prefer Jenna’s style over Jenn’s and would’ve preferred her at point, but I thought Jenn did a good job at point. However, I never understood why she rose SO quickly. Leadership....fine. I can buy that she was good leader. She seems to be levelheaded and responsible, and she was in her late 20s, so I get that she naturally was seen as a leader. Dance however....Jenn was good, but not so good that I thought she should’ve been towards the front so quickly. 

That being said, I rewatched her rookie season and they absolutely loved everything she did from minute one. I don’t know that I watched her dance enough to really see how good she was but they wouldn’t be fawning over her for nothing

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, Mvdb said:

That being said, I rewatched her rookie season and they absolutely loved everything she did from minute one. I don’t know that I watched her dance enough to really see how good she was but they wouldn’t be fawning over her for nothing

I remember she tried out the year before she made it.  The season before you can see her on the field learning the routine during semis...does anyone know if she made it to finals that year?  Also I always found it interesting that they didn't mention her as returning (if I remember correctly) almost like they didn't want to admit the passed her up the year before.  I think the same thing happened with Melissa W, but in her situation, I feel like she looked a little out of shape in semis the year before making it.  

disclaimer: Melissa W might not be the one I'm thinking of but it was someone who was a rockstar rookie and it was never mentioned they tried out before 

17 minutes ago, GaveIn said:

I remember she tried out the year before she made it.  The season before you can see her on the field learning the routine during semis...does anyone know if she made it to finals that year?  Also I always found it interesting that they didn't mention her as returning (if I remember correctly) almost like they didn't want to admit the passed her up the year before.  I think the same thing happened with Melissa W, but in her situation, I feel like she looked a little out of shape in semis the year before making it.  

disclaimer: Melissa W might not be the one I'm thinking of but it was someone who was a rockstar rookie and it was never mentioned they tried out before 

You're right!  I believe it was said that they loved her but she wasn't uniform ready during prior times trying out. 

Kelli Q is one that Kelli was like OMG HOW DID I MISS YOUUUUUUU and Kelli Q had to been like okay so I've tried out like four seasons and you know me from the dance community and the Ice Angels coach does choreography for you but okay cool, thanks for show group!  (I could be projecting a bit here.  Kelli Q is a total sweetheart, but I've got think she got a little bit of DCC whiplash from that experience!)

• LOL 6
  • Love 6

I was just watching the semi-finals from Season 7 - saw Melissa (rockstar rookie - noticeably heavier), Morgan (also a bit heavier), Hannah (in the same outfit she wore at auditions in Season 8), Tessa, Auto Amy, and Nina (no personality girl that was cut in Season 6 training camp).  But I didn't see Jenn A anywhere.  Am I missing it?

I also can't believe that Chelsea was able to pull all that fake BS on K&J.  I remember watching that season for the first time and getting strong fake vibes every time she opened her mouth.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, kalibean said:

Kelli Q is one that Kelli was like OMG HOW DID I MISS YOUUUUUUU and Kelli Q had to been like okay so I've tried out like four seasons and you know me from the dance community and the Ice Angels coach does choreography for you but okay cool, thanks for show group!  (I could be projecting a bit here.  Kelli Q is a total sweetheart, but I've got think she got a little bit of DCC whiplash from that experience!)

I remember Kelli Q making it to finals a few times as well as the fan vote.

• Love 1

6 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

I also can't believe that Chelsea was able to pull all that fake BS on K&J.  I remember watching that season for the first time and getting strong fake vibes every time she opened her mouth.

Yeah, she sure snowed Kelli which surprised me. I thought Kelli was a better judge of character than that. I thought Chelsea was fake as hell, albeit entertaining. 

Speaking of season 7—They took 39 girls and only had space for 37 in the locker room. So what did they do w/the two extra?  Did they not get their pic on the wall or name on a locker?  

• Love 1

I'm rewatching season 13 and how on earth did Jessika become a 3-year vet? It's her 3rd time to finals and she couldn't answer any of the panel's questions and has zero pop on the field. Her and Christina were the two weakest vets that season (worse than Selina and Keyra, who both got cut!). 

• Love 4
12 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

I was just watching the semi-finals from Season 7 - saw Melissa (rockstar rookie - noticeably heavier), Morgan (also a bit heavier), Hannah (in the same outfit she wore at auditions in Season 8), Tessa, Auto Amy, and Nina (no personality girl that was cut in Season 6 training camp).

No way!  I'll have to pay better attention next time.

4 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

Her and Christina were the two weakest vets that season (worse than Selina and Keyra, who both got cut!). 

Selina's cut, though, was more about weight.  She was warned all during the prior season, and then she came back to finals something like 12 lbs heavier.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I'm rewatching season 13 and how on earth did Jessika become a 3-year vet? It's her 3rd time to finals and she couldn't answer any of the panel's questions and has zero pop on the field. Her and Christina were the two weakest vets that season (worse than Selina and Keyra, who both got cut!). 

Jessika also had a boxy figure (reminds me of Lisa and Meredith) that doesn't look good in uniform imo. She's one of a few that I don't understand how she made the team, much less for multiple years. 

I'm rewatching season 10 and damn Shelbi is kind of annoying. I feel like she thought she could make the team just because she had some 1 and cut DCC friends and was on a high profile all star cheer team. 

Edited by cottoncandy
added something
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, cottoncandy said:

Jessika also had a boxy figure (reminds me of Lisa and Meredith) that doesn't look good in uniform imo. She's one of a few that I don't understand how she made the team, much less for multiple years. 

I'm rewatching season 10 and damn Shelbi is kind of annoying. I feel like she thought she could make the team just because she had some 1 and cut DCC friends and was on a high profile all star cheer team. 

Girls with boxy figures tend to be the ones most at risk (I'm thinking Allie, Keyra, Gabby, Alex Hermes), even more so when you're short. Even in her TV interview before going into panels, Jessika just seemed so wooden.

I didn't hate Shelbi but she wasn't my fave. That's the season where I wish Kyndall and Courtney would've made it, probably over Simone and Raylee. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

Yep.  She's in yellow and shown a few times (standing near Jordan while they're learning the routine).  She's only a tad heavier - not really pronounced like Melissa.

Thanks for the clue, that will make it easier for me 🙂 

• Love 1

Was it ever mentioned that Courtney and Meagan cheered together at Tampa Bay?  I was re-watching their season yesterday and I remembered Courtney had cheered for them, but forgot until Meagan's intro that she had as well.  Strange that they weren't given a Danielle/Jasmine or Tarah/ Savannah storyline.  In fact, I don't remember ever seeing them interact on camera.

https://www.pompedia.com/index.php?title=Tampa_Bay_Buccaneers_Cheerleaders_of_2011_-_12 

14 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

Yep.  She's in yellow and shown a few times (standing near Jordan while they're learning the routine).  She's only a tad heavier - not really pronounced like Melissa.

I'll keep an eye out, too!  I have spotted Hannah's previous audition.  

I also noticed that Shelbi (previous TCC cut) tried out again the next year and got cut at finals.  I believe that was the year that Kelli dubbed the "year of the comeback girl" so it was odd that they didn't mention her at all.  They usually feature past TCCs who had been cut and tried out again.

• Useful 1
19 minutes ago, aeroluv327 said:

I also noticed that Shelbi (previous TCC cut) tried out again the next year and got cut at finals.  I believe that was the year that Kelli dubbed the "year of the comeback girl" so it was odd that they didn't mention her at all.  They usually feature past TCCs who had been cut and tried out again.

That's because her boyfriend told Kelli off in a social media rant.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1