Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, CrazyMoon said:

Vivian started to come across as a self absorbed airhead...Really beautiful, for sure, but fascinated by her reflection in the mirror to the point Kelli got after her for it "we've told you you're pretty, stop looking at yourself in the mirror"...everything seemed to be funny to her toward the end, including critiques...and she continued to make the same mistakes. Bold dancer, yes...but Bold Wrong get's you cut.

I think they made a mistake cutting Vivian the first year. For all you baseball fans, she was like a pitcher who could throw 105 mph, but had control problems. If you can coach them up, you have a HOFer. Given how Kelli likes to take on projects every year, I’m surprised she passed on Vivian. You couldn’t draw up a better example. She was definitely different her second time around, but I think the confidence she would’ve gotten from making the team would’ve been enormous, and you wouldn’t have seen that version of her the second year. That season 8 lineup was absolutely loaded, and she was still able to stand out in the crowd. 

• Love 6
10 hours ago, dariafan said:

Who is your favorite 1 and done ?

I'm going to go really old school and say Dulce from season 1 and Brandi Kilby from season 4.   I also liked Vanessa Jenkins from season 4 who got very little screen time.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Natalie Woods.   She had so much class.  Knew her limitations and was completely honest with her performance abilities.

Natalie, Loni, Kelli Jo, and Candace Carr. I think those 3 knew they probably wouldn't make it back so just retired. Now Kelli Jo should have just followed them and retired as well. I wish Brandi Kilby would have came back but changed her mind and made the Laker Girls.

• Love 4
22 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

I really liked Courtney from Season 9 (the former Tampa Bay cheerleader). She was attention-grabbing for me from her first scenes at prelims. She also seemed very real in her journey to become a DCC, including all the struggles.

Courtney from Season 9 is my FAVE one and done, too! There is something so endearing about her, the episode when Kitty called her out and she cried saying, "that really hurt my feelings" that was such a real moment in my opinion and she was absolutely adorable! 

• Love 15

There are so many girls I wish had done more then one year but didn't for one reason or another: Alyssa Torres, Kali Drake, Christina Murphy (deaf girl), Natalie Woods, Malia Morales, Gabby, and so many others. I'm sure I'll think of others as the day progresses.  

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

I really liked Kalli.  Is her last name Drake?  The one that got cut for being heavier and a bad solo costume. 

Oh, I liked her, too!  She tried out for several years (watching on Pluto I see her at finals at least twice before she made it to training camp).  

Courtney from Florida (Erika's roommate) was good, too.  I was surprised she only stayed for one season, she seemed like one that was going to be around for several years.  

13 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Was she "heavier" or was she all boob???

She was curvier in general but a lot of it was boobs.  

• Useful 1

Anyone remember Megan B. from season 10?  I just watched her quit/get cut again, and I'm wondering, given all we know now, if her watching her office visit with K & J (Melissa R. showed it to her) was the thing that really made her reconsider training camp.  

Maybe that's when she realized she wasn't just auditioning for a dance team, she was being used by a reality T.V. show.

Just a thought.

• Love 3
On 9/13/2020 at 9:04 PM, An Offt said:

Anyone remember Megan B. from season 10?  I just watched her quit/get cut again, and I'm wondering, given all we know now, if her watching her office visit with K & J (Melissa R. showed it to her) was the thing that really made her reconsider training camp.  

I stayed up just to watch that scene. Her saying “Hi Kelli! Hi Judy!” all perky—just like Rycroft told her to never fails to crack me up. Also Kelli’s reaction, like how dare you tell me you’re leaving; I was going to cut you. Kelli’s so pissed. 😆

Interesting thought about her watching the office footage. (Sorry I snipped that from your comment and cent get it back.)

Anyone know whatever happened to her?  Did she pass anatomy?  😆

Edited by Tdoc72
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

I stayed up just to watch that scene. Her saying “Hi Kelli! Hi Judy!” all perky—just like Rycroft told her to never fails to crack me up. Also Kelli’s reaction, like how dare you tell me you’re leaving; I was going to cut you. Kelli’s so pissed. 😆

This is one of my favorite scenes of all time, Kelli all pissed and pulling out her "took someone else's spot " card WTFever Kelli you're just pissed she beat you to the punch and quit before you could cut her which is exactly what you were going to do. Again it makes me wonder how many girls make the squad that come into camp with the lowest scores. I'd guess it's rare so that "taking someone's spot" is just such crap

• Love 4
On 9/12/2020 at 11:49 AM, Mabinogia said:

That's why I think she never really made the team. It had nothing to do with her looks. She can be very pretty (not the most beautiful to me, but beauty is subjective), but the more I got to see of her the less attractive she became because she just came across as delusional to me. Not a good ambassador risk no matter how pretty she is. 

Oh, I agree. I think she should've made the team in season 8, not in season 9. She just got weird as hell in season 9. 

18 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

There are so many girls I wish had done more then one year but didn't for one reason or another: Alyssa Torres, Kali Drake, Christina Murphy (deaf girl), Natalie Woods, Malia Morales, Gabby, and so many others. I'm sure I'll think of others as the day progresses.  

Alyssa, Gabby, and pretty much Kali too all didn't make it back because of weight. I thought Alyssa was stunning. Sad!

I also loved Kali's look, so pretty

• Love 3
On 9/12/2020 at 11:46 PM, PixieDust said:

Also really wish auto Amy would have made the team the year she was in training camp.  

Me, too, goddammit. Was it ultimately her low kicks that got her out? I can't remember exactly. But she was such a sweetheart and worked so hard...if Meredith made it, she should've lol

On 9/12/2020 at 12:39 PM, DCC-UK said:

there was something endearing about Kat to me.

Same. I loved her flexibility, and she wasn't the best but she worked hard and became good enough, I think. I have a soft spot for Brennan for pretty much the same reason—they have a quiet maturity I think the team needs

• Love 7
33 minutes ago, vivianspoetry said:

Who are some of your underrated cheerleaders from past seasons? I really liked Alex H. and Ashley Marie, but I don't see them talked about much anymore.  

Erin, Kelli S, Bess, Robin, Mary, Rachel L, Samantha, Ashley H, Carisa, Jessica P, Sunni. 

I liked Ashley F in her rookie year but my favourite memory of her is the social media clinic in season 9, where she says it's feels like they're just seen as objects. I so wish they could get more stuff on the website. If the cheerleaders aren't writing in themselves, get someone in who can i.e. me!

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

For some reason, when I watch the past seasons I wonder if Kelli ever tunes in to watch and wonders "why did I wear THAT?"

I want to like this a thousand times, and I want at least two pages of laughing emojis cuz I LOVE this comment!!!

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

For some reason, when I watch the past seasons I wonder if Kelli ever tunes in to watch and wonders "why did I wear THAT?"

I'm sure she does.  She and Judy have some reaction videos on YouTube, but not about their clothing, unfortunately.  I will say this about Kelli.  She takes a lot of flak on here for many things, but one thing she has done very well is age gracefully.  She has either resisted the urge to get a bunch of work done, or at least has a great plastic surgeon.  She's been gorgeous her whole life and has stayed that way into her 50s because she's trying to look like a gorgeous 50 year old, not a gorgeous 25 year old.  Nobody has ever pulled that off, so I'm not sure why so many try.  I'm stunned at the number of former cheerleaders still in their 20s who are already getting work done.  

• Love 8

I think Kelli is prettier now than when she cheered....just 'too much' during the cheer era and her smile looked pasted on...Now, she makes the mistake of sometimes wearing clothing a little to young for someone in her mid 50s...and I personally hate the bodycon look on just about everyone...Sometimes her hair looks like she put it up with an eggbeater. I often shop at Belk...and they have plenty of things for a mature sexy woman...

• Love 6
12 hours ago, vanillagum said:
On 9/12/2020 at 9:46 PM, PixieDust said:

Me, too, goddammit. Was it ultimately her low kicks that got her out? I can't remember exactly. But she was such a sweetheart and worked so hard...if Meredith made it, she should've lol

I cant remember either, it might have been, I want to say memory mistakes as well. But you’re right there have been far worse cheerleaders ( Meredith for example) that have made it. There was something about her I just was really rooting for, she was so close! 

• Love 4
On 9/12/2020 at 12:48 PM, dariafan said:

Little Heather H.... she was so spunky, cute, and sassy.  She was ROBBED when she was cut.... I'm still mad about that.

Also Keyra....I know she gets a lot of hate,  but that woman can DANCE.... plus she's shaped like me and it was nice to see someone who looked like me KILLING it on the field.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, SMP637 said:

Little Heather H.... she was so spunky, cute, and sassy.  She was ROBBED when she was cut.... I'm still mad about that.

Also Keyra....I know she gets a lot of hate,  but that woman can DANCE.... plus she's shaped like me and it was nice to see someone who looked like me KILLING it on the field.

Keyra’s jump splits were stellar.  

• Love 4
14 hours ago, vivianspoetry said:

Who are some of your underrated cheerleaders from past seasons? I really liked Alex H. and Ashley Marie, but I don't see them talked about much anymore.  

Big fan of Katy (rookie in Season 6 that was called out by Kitty for being too tan). She was not featured very much and I don't think she was ever on Show Group, but she was a great dancer with a great look.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, dariafan said:

I’m surprised Ashley Kelley made it as long as she did.  I liked her attitude , but she was going to hurt someone on the kick line 

I always got the impression she was doing it for the "experience" . She didn't have any real dance training/experience. Had to know she didn't have a chance in making it.

• Love 1
On 9/14/2020 at 8:28 AM, vanillagum said:

Oh, I agree. I think she should've made the team in season 8, not in season 9. She just got weird as hell in season 9. 

Alyssa, Gabby, and pretty much Kali too all didn't make it back because of weight. I thought Alyssa was stunning. Sad!

I also loved Kali's look, so pretty

I thought Kali looked exactly like Jessica Simpson.  

Watching season 12...can someone explain to me why Brianna made it into training camp?  I didn't think her dancing was that great, and she seemed timid and immature.  And yes, she's pretty, but she's not THAT pretty.  What am I missing here?  

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, 88Keys said:

I remember thinking that too, but a prettier, more natural version.  Then, instead of bringing her back the next season, they had to cut her and bring in the more plastic version in Kat Dunn.  Why not keep the vet you know instead of the plastic doll you don't?

5 minutes ago, 88Keys said:

Watching season 12...can someone explain to me why Brianna made it into training camp?  I didn't think her dancing was that great, and she seemed timid and immature.  And yes, she's pretty, but she's not THAT pretty.  What am I missing here?  

She was Kelli's girl crush that season.  Kelli was NOT going to cut her unless she absolutely had to and was bound and determined to find some way she could get her on the squad.  However, the poor girl was just out-classed in every aspect but looks.  Finally, there was no way Kelli could keep dragging her along and cut her even though it was obvious that Kelli didn't want to.  She wanted a uniform on that girl and to put her on the field on game day SO badly.

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, 88Keys said:

16 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

She was Kelli's girl crush that season.

Kelli acted like she just found a lost puppy.  The head tilt, the "ohhhhhh, she's adorable", asking Judy why she thinks she is so adorable.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I remember thinking that too, but a prettier, more natural version.  Then, instead of bringing her back the next season, they had to cut her and bring in the more plastic version in Kat Dunn.  Why not keep the vet you know instead of the plastic doll you don't?

She was Kelli's girl crush that season.  Kelli was NOT going to cut her unless she absolutely had to and was bound and determined to find some way she could get her on the squad.  However, the poor girl was just out-classed in every aspect but looks.  Finally, there was no way Kelli could keep dragging her along and cut her even though it was obvious that Kelli didn't want to.  She wanted a uniform on that girl and to put her on the field on game day SO badly.

Kelli said she'd "pull her kicks up herself if she had to" (or something close to that). 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, 88Keys said:

Oh wow she does, how did I miss that lmao? But I think she's even prettier. OOH, no, Jessica Simpson mixed with Anna Nicole Smith

Yeah, that annoyed me. She was pretty, but that's it. And almost all of them are pretty, so. She was so delicate and light of a dancer and wasn't the cheerleader type at all. It was like Meredith but even worse. I don't even understand why/how someone like her would want to be a DCC. She didn't even seem into it...it seemed like something she did just because she could and wanted to see how far she would make it. I think if she wanted to be a DCC she would've danced a lot harder and tried harder to get into the pom/hip-hop style. Her trying out just didn't make any sense to me. I know she went to college but the fact she seems to have given up on the ~dream~ so easily just affirms that for me. Like it was a, 'why not try out?' sort of thing for her

Obviously she's tall and thin and fit but I don't think she had a curve to speak of for the uniform, and it would've looked like putting it on a tall little girl. I don't know why Kelli tried so hard

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

Oh wow she does, how did I miss that lmao? But I think she's even prettier. OOH, no, Jessica Simpson mixed with Anna Nicole Smith

Yeah, that annoyed me. She was pretty, but that's it. And almost all of them are pretty, so. She was so delicate and light of a dancer and wasn't the cheerleader type at all. It was like Meredith but even worse. I don't even understand why/how someone like her would want to be a DCC. She didn't even seem into it...it seemed like something she did just because she could and wanted to see how far she would make it. I think

Or she did it to be on TV so she could parlay that into other things like modelling?  

I just realized she kind of looks like a Jenner girl.  Kelli loves girls who look like celebrities.

• Love 3

I really liked Kali, but Kelli doesn’t always love the thicker build cheerleaders, and I feel like they get dropped quickly if there’s a strong audition pool. Plus Kali had low kicks, and I think struggled with weight during the season too. 

As for bringing back K Dunn...made for tv! She was a comeback girl, besties with Sydney, camera ready, social media following, etc. So drop a vet that wasn’t perfect and bring in an easy cut. If K Dunn had surprised her with a drastic improvement in dancing, I’m sure she would have been pleased. But Judy knew that wasn’t gonna happen. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, 88Keys said:

Or she did it to be on TV so she could parlay that into other things like modelling?  

I just realized she kind of looks like a Jenner girl.  Kelli loves girls who look like celebrities.

Yeah, I always thought she looked kind of like Kendall Jenner. 

• Love 1

Go check out Briana's Instagram and you'll see she really looks like a Jenner, especially with the lip injections.  It's pretty brutal. 

My first comment upon seeing Kali was that she looked like Jessica Simpson.  Her problem when she got cut was she looked more like 2013 Jessica Simpson than 2003 Jessica Simpson.  I wish the squad wasn't so against varying body types.  I'm not suggesting they start taking some of those trainwreck people they show early on at prelims, but someone with thighs isn't going to destroy the squad. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

*SIGH*

maxresdefault_live.thumb.jpg.444bc42fc2e0539e222b365568ee4ffe.jpg

Of all the years they've been on and of all the girls on the squad, yet they couldn't find anyone else to fill the end slots?  However, we all know that Meredith and Victoria are the chosen ones and, while Meredith shouldn't have made the squad in the first place, I'm surprised they actually cut her this past Training Camp.  I'm just glad that they didn't put Cassie in the middle photo.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 6
23 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Of all the years they've been on and of all the girls on the squad, yet they couldn't find anyone else to fill the end slots?  However, we all know that Meredith and Victoria are the chosen ones and, while Meredith shouldn't have made the squad in the first place, I'm surprised they actually cut her this past Training Camp.  I'm just glad that they didn't put Cassie in the middle photo.

I'm honestly SHOCKED Cassie isn't in the middle photo.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, vivianspoetry said:

Go check out Briana's Instagram and you'll see she really looks like a Jenner, especially with the lip injections.  It's pretty brutal. 

That broke my heart, seeing her like that. She was such a natural beauty. Why do they do this to themselves? I just don't get it. I'm far out of they age range for these gals so IDK if it's a generational thing. I didn't grow up constantly taking pictures of myself and showing them to the world. Internet was still dial up when I was in school so maybe there is some kind of pressure to look like all the other fake looking people on Instagram? I just find it so sad. Brianna, Kelsey, Kalyssa, they were all stunning young women and they all now look like over processed socialites trying to recapture their youth so their rich husbands don't leave them for a younger model. 

• Love 7
On 9/12/2020 at 11:48 AM, dariafan said:

Courtney Russ. Beautiful girl and dancer and seemed like she had a good heart.

Honorable Mentions: Brandi Kilby, Kat Rogers, Morgan Jordan, Breelan Statham, Meredith Madden, and Yoshiko Danjo. They all seemed to have fought tooth and nail to make the team. 

• Love 2