Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

That's been a few years.  Anyone know where they are now?

Both are married. Kenley was Mavs Dancer for 2 years and later an Atlanta Falcons cheerleader for 1 season. I think Lacey was pursuing an acting career. 

• Love 1

Does anyone know if Jessika Palmer is split from her boyfriend?  Guy gave me the creeps.  I have not seen any IG posts lately of them together.  Also, did Tess and her BF break up?  I am assuming Gina and BF are no longer a couple?  

7 hours ago, SamShmam said:

What was the girl's name who left to study anatomy? She wins the 'most bizarre' award from me. Even more than Vivian's poem. She was just SO strange. Like she was a martian who learned how to be a woman by watching only DCC MTT reruns and this is how she thinks they'd act.  

Megan Becker and I agree she Was a total airhead and I’m curious to know how if at all she passed college A&P . Girl was dumb as a box of rocks and had no idea how to interact with people 

• Love 4

Someone had mentioned here awhile ago she had auditioned with a friend. She made it but the friend did not. Maybe she felt alone and overwhelmed at TC by herself and the class excuse was a way out.

• Useful 1
6 hours ago, DancingDina13 said:

Megan Becker and I agree she Was a total airhead and I’m curious to know how if at all she passed college A&P . Girl was dumb as a box of rocks and had no idea how to interact with people 

I know! Anatomy actually isn't an easy class. I couldn't tell if she was being a bitch or if she was just really that dense.

• Love 1

I gave her a quick google and she’s an occupational therapist now. Good for her! I suspect she was probably just awkward AF in front of the cameras, plus a little creative editing. Plus she realized she was going to need to work her ass off in that class and was struggling to balance. If that class was an 8 AM start, TC going until midnight, plus the physical wear and tear, etc.  

The show has been on long enough that I assume people know what they should be in for, but I feel like the reality of it hits harder for some.

• Love 3

Megan was definitely awkward and weird, but I can identify with her. I'm a lot like that with people unfortunately. I can talk all day on here, but I'm pretty quiet and socially awkward in person. I don't talk much to people I'm not totally comfortable with. I'm a one word answer and smile and nod type of person lol. In spite of that, I am pretty smart and did well in school. Megan could have been the same way. And yeah the cameras and everything could have contributed to the way she acted. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Megan was definitely awkward and weird, but I can identify with her. I'm a lot like that with people unfortunately. I can talk all day on here, but I'm pretty quiet and socially awkward in person. I don't talk much to people I'm not totally comfortable with. I'm a one word answer and smile and nod type of person lol. In spite of that, I am pretty smart and did well in school. Megan could have been the same way. And yeah the cameras and everything could have contributed to the way she acted. 

And that's fine, but if that's your personality, why apply for a job where you're interacting with people 100% of the time? 

• Love 2
Just now, tarheel220 said:

I am loving getting to binge the seasons on Pluto!  I have to laugh every time the episode is on with the clinical psychologist who tried out.  Honey, that's not an RV you're driving, it's a conversion van!

KELLY MCFINNELL-LAURANTE! Clinical psychologist and at-large gymnastics coach. She was 36 in this?! You just know she and her husband are having some absolutely BANANAS intimate marital encounters together in that "RV". They seem like swingers.

@2:30

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, kalibean said:

I gave her a quick google and she’s an occupational therapist now. Good for her! I suspect she was probably just awkward AF in front of the cameras, plus a little creative editing. Plus she realized she was going to need to work her ass off in that class and was struggling to balance. If that class was an 8 AM start, TC going until midnight, plus the physical wear and tear, etc.  

I am curious how her interview went. In order to get into training camp, she had to have sat in front of them and had an "engaging" conversation. Of course, people with bad interviews (including those that are "stupid") have made it into training camp, but it seemed like it came out of nowhere.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, SamShmam said:

And that's fine, but if that's your personality, why apply for a job where you're interacting with people 100% of the time?

I agree with that. It's definitely not something I would do. There are tons of jobs I would like to have, but I just feel like I couldn't do it because of my personality. So I wouldn't waste anyone's time. 

24 minutes ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

I am curious how her interview went. In order to get into training camp, she had to have sat in front of them and had an "engaging" conversation. Of course, people with bad interviews (including those that are "stupid") have made it into training camp, but it seemed like it came out of nowhere

I always wondered how she did with panel interviews, and how she came across. I know they did show a clip of her saying she was blanking on the question, but she loves the Cowboys. Ha. But for me I feel like even with my shyness and stuff, I can sometimes fake it through an interview. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, kalibean said:

The show has been on long enough that I assume people know what they should be in for, but I feel like the reality of it hits harder for some.

Yeah, it is a little mind blowing now that you bring it up. This chick is now an OT, Karissa Lynae is an attorney, and so many of the gals who were framed as undesirable on this show are actually now college educated professionals making their way in the world. Like, excuse TF out of them for not peaking while shaking their junk in front of beer guzzling football fans and settling into a life of mediocre reminiscing at 23.

• Love 9
52 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

But for me I feel like even with my shyness and stuff, I can sometimes fake it through an interview. 

I am incredibly shy and deeply awkward around people yet, somehow I do amazing in interviews. I barely remember them, but something seems to click on for me and I am personable and charming. But put me in a situation where I have to disappoint someone, like, say, walking out on a team I worked so hard to try to get on, and I'd be stumbling and awkward AF. If she is anything like me she might have done great in the interview because that was a positive experience where you're trying to impress but tanked at quitting because she doesn't like letting people down. 

Whatever it was, I want to thank her for that cringeworthy moment because I am evil and I loved every second of it. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Megan B was awkward but I think that last night the awkwardness was more her realizing she was about to be cut and trying to figure out how to beat them to the punch. Awkward as it was I kinda cheered for her bc she pissed Kelli off, Kelli was pissed bc "she took a spot someone else could have had" which was idiotic bc it was clear she was about to cut the girl. She just hates being out of control.

• Love 11

Megan is not stupid. Very smart actually. She was way in over her head, knew she was struggling and gonna be cut so she used summer A&P as an excuse to bail. She came off like a deer in headlights bc she was out of her league the first time in when life and did not know how to process So she bailed. I admire how she turned the tables on Kelli and Judy though. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, CailynA said:

Megan B was awkward but I think that last night the awkwardness was more her realizing she was about to be cut and trying to figure out how to beat them to the punch. Awkward as it was I kinda cheered for her bc she pissed Kelli off, Kelli was pissed bc "she took a spot someone else could have had" which was idiotic bc it was clear she was about to cut the girl. She just hates being out of control.

Perfect summary.

19 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Megan is not stupid. Very smart actually. She was way in over her head, knew she was struggling and gonna be cut so she used summer A&P as an excuse to bail. She came off like a deer in headlights bc she was out of her league the first time in when life and did not know how to process So she bailed. I admire how she turned the tables on Kelli and Judy though. 

Yeah, I tip my hat to that. It clearly pissed Kelli right off. "She's NEVER coming back here". No, she's going to graduate college and get a real job.

3 hours ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

I am curious how her interview went. In order to get into training camp, she had to have sat in front of them and had an "engaging" conversation. Of course, people with bad interviews (including those that are "stupid") have made it into training camp, but it seemed like it came out of nowhere.

I know. It had to have been a completely different story than their last office visit that we saw. I would imagine that trainwreck was a result of nerves of knowing she was going to be cut and trying to negotiate that whole cluster eff of an interaction. It was just cringey all the way around. Regardless of the motive, she was SO awkward.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, SamShmam said:

image.thumb.png.44ac3dd069af9c9ebdb472917186a67a.png

This is from Fandom.

I believe it was the first preseason game in the stadium (first game for the rookies).  I haven't watched that episode in awhile but I remember thinking she (Jordan) almost acted like she KNEW it wouldn't get her kicked off the team or anything.  I got the feeling right there that she had never had any serious consequences for anything she'd ever done wrong up to that point in life. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

This is always how I thought it played out for Megan B. I never ever got the “vapid” or “airhead” vibe from her, more of a “what the hell did I walk into?” vibe. Especially after hearing that possibly she tried out with a friend and ended up making it into TC while the friend did not. 

I also often wonder what the environment is like inside the DCC organization, and if some of these girls are a little taken aback with how they are treated as TCCs.  Particularly for the girls that do not eat, breathe, sleep DCC. I feel like those girls sometimes come off as awkward on the show because they are a little shell-shocked and are trying to figure out how to navigate in this bizarro-world. 

I recently transferred to a new office in my same company. Id always heard rumors about how messed up my new office was, but I ignored them because A. rumors are just talk and B. I didn’t want to go in with preconceived ideas. But holy hell, it’s worse than I could have even imagined. And the sad part is, they have no idea how dated and messed up they really are. They still think they are the leading office when it comes to our job.  I just walk around dazed, barely speaking to anyone until I can go home and have a glass of wine. 

• Love 7

Watching on Pluto, I cannot believe how loaded Season 8 was.  You had Jackie Bob, Aussie Angela, Brittany Schram, Holly A, Katy Marie, MacKenzie Lee, Alex, Ashley Marie, Danielle, Jacie, Jenna, Jordan E,  Kelsey Lauren, Jinelle, and Rachel L, plus Vivian, Chelsea, Kathryn D, Ashley Paige, and Ashley Pro as training camp cuts.  That is a lot of talent, personality, and beauty in one season.  Compare that to recent seasons.  If Lacey, Kelsey L, and KaShara had been on the season 8 team, humanity would've peaked as a civilization.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
53 minutes ago, vivianspoetry said:

Watching on Pluto, I cannot believe how loaded Season 8 was.  You had Jackie Bob, Aussie Angela, Brittany Schram, Holly A, Katy Marie, MacKenzie Lee, Alex, Ashley Marie, Danielle, Jacie, Jenna, Jordan E,  Kelsey Lauren, Jinelle, and Rachel L, plus Vivian, Chelsea, Kathryn D, Ashley Paige, and Ashley Pro as training camp cuts.  That is a lot of talent, personality, and beauty in one season.  Compare that to recent seasons.  If Lacey, Kelsey L, and KaShara had been on the season 8 team, humanity would've peaked as a civilization.  

Yep. Loaded team that year. The Mia, Jackie Bob, Emma triangle was one of the best, IMO. 

Such a shame that the show ended up being the Morgan and Kaitlin hour that year..

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
28 minutes ago, Lona said:

That's it ladies and gentlemen! Thanks for coming to the forum! @scorpio1031 has just ensured no better post will happen so I suggest ending this thread LMAO. 😂

Her comment is definitely the best response ever!! 😂😂😂

• Love 4

Just for fun and because I need to do something other than rant about cuts, what are some little moments that have stuck with you from past seasons, for one reason or another?

For me, I’ll never forget Yuko explaining that her cat is American, so would be staying in the US 😂 that was genuinely funny and a quick-witted, clever thing to say.

Another Yuko-related one, I always think about the time during first meeting when Kelli asks Yuko if she’s understanding everything and then almost immediately goes “well we’ll see all of you manaña“ Like you JUST asked the poor girl if she was understanding you in English, don’t make it any harder for her 🤦‍♀️😂

Last one for now, but I’ll never get over Judy asking a girl in a panel interview if she would make the uniform or if the uniform would make her. First of all, it’s a pretty stupid question, and the way Judy got SO offended when the girl said she would make the uniform (which I agree with 😂) was absolutely hilarious. Like get a grip, lady, it’s a skimpy piece of fabric, it’s not that serious!

Bonus standout: Sasha Agent. Just all of her. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
21 minutes ago, bunny said:

Just for fun and because I need to do something other than rant about cuts, what are some little moments that have stuck with you from past seasons, for one reason or another?

For me, I’ll never forget Yuko explaining that her cat is American, so would be staying in the US 😂 that was genuinely funny and a quick-witted, clever thing to say.

Another Yuko-related one, I always think about the time during first meeting when Kelli asks Yuko if she’s understanding everything and then almost immediately goes “well we’ll see all of you manaña“ Like you JUST asked the poor girl if she was understanding you in English, don’t make it any harder for her 🤦‍♀️😂

Last one for now, but I’ll never get over Judy asking a girl in a panel interview if she would make the uniform or if the uniform would make her. First of all, it’s a pretty stupid question, and the way Judy got SO offended when the girl said she would make the uniform (which I agree with 😂) was absolutely hilarious. Like get a grip, lady, it’s a skimpy piece of fabric, it’s not that serious!

I loved that bit about Yuko's cat too

• Love 1
9 hours ago, bunny said:

I didn't know Sasha was an Oakland Raiderette (as well as an LA Kings Dancer) before the DCC. Keyna who auditioned last year is a member of 2 DCC Facebook groups. She was a Raiderette along with Sasha and former DCC Carrie Stillwell. I tried posting the picture but it didn't work.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Useful 1
9 hours ago, bunny said:

The uniform question has stuck out for sure because it was an unanswerable question.  The uniform is iconic and it is an honor to wear it, but the women who wear the uniform are what make it iconic.  

Obviously, Vivian's poem, but I don't know how little that was.  

The European hair stylist from earlier seasons making the same joke about chopping off the women's hair at makeovers approximately 847 times.  

Kelli matching the hair color of one dancer to the floor at the salon.

MRS wanting to crawl under a rock posing for swimsuit photos her first year.  Especially since she put herself out there on reality TV so often after retiring.  I love Melissa, I don't care how hot the flames will be when you burn me at the stake!

Edited by vivianspoetry
Kindergarten Grammar
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, vivianspoetry said:

I love Melissa, I don't care how hot the flames will be when you burn me at the stake!

Me too:)  Still feel she knows how to give straight out advice to the girls after K&J are so vague.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, bunny said:

Chelsea's cut.

RIP Megan who died last cut.

The girl that said "oh you want me as a DCC" before she got cut.

Thut girl "this is what God gave me."  I love her.  I hope she is living a good life.

Kaime--she wanted so badly to be a DCC.  I felt sorry for her.  I think she would have gotten it sooner or later.  Wasn't any worse than Meredith.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, vivianspoetry said:

The uniform is iconic and it is an honor to wear it, but the women who wear the uniform are what make it iconic.  

I wonder if Kelli would have liked "The uniform is iconic, but it's meaningless if you don't embody the traits a DCC should have"

• Love 5
4 hours ago, ByTor said:

I wonder if Kelli would have liked "The uniform is iconic, but it's meaningless if you don't embody the traits a DCC should have"

while I love that answer I could see her being utterly insulted at the idea that uniform itself is meaningless and that is what she would stick on rather than the entire message, besides we know she doesn't give a shit if girls really have DCC traits as evidenced by the many things being discussed on the TC thread

• Love 4
Just now, CailynA said:

while I love that answer I could see her being utterly insulted at the idea that uniform itself is meaningless and that is what she would stick on rather than the entire message, besides we know she doesn't give a shit if girls really have DCC traits as evidenced by the many things being discussed on the TC thread

giphy.gif

• Love 2
7 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

The girl that said "oh you want me as a DCC" before she got cut.

Thut girl "this is what God gave me."  I love her.  I hope she is living a good life.

Kaime--she wanted so badly to be a DCC.  I felt sorry for her.  I think she would have gotten it sooner or later.  Wasn't any worse than Meredith.

That was Whitney. She's a former Texas Legends dancer and AA Ice Angel. She was also a Miami Dolphins Cheerleader for 2 years and got cut going into her 3rd year. 

That was Megan Pravden. 

Kaime is married and recently had a baby. She's on IG as Kaime Stroot.

• Useful 1