Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

Just saw season 6 episode 8 (I think) when Mackenzie Lee doesn’t get cut. And when she tells the girls waiting outside, they have a dance party.

Lol! I’ve never seen that scene before. That was cute. 

That is my favorite scene of all the seasons. Everyone is so happy she wasn't cut!! It is like Kelly said - "that speaks volumes about you."

• Love 5

This has probably already been announced on here...but, for all you UK watchers, they are showing seasons 9-12...on ITVbe in the afternoon. This was announced on a DCC fan page on FB. One person said they are able to watch it on Pluto using vpn.  I live in the US but thought I’d let y’all know in case you hadn’t heard. 

• Love 1

Season 12 is my least favorite of the entire series. I had forgotten how much I disliked Keyra - she carried herself like she had it in the bag and was the best thing ever.  I was so happy when she was cut the following season.

Oh, and the "empty your bucket" catchphrase of that season.  Ugh.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

Season 12 is my least favorite of the entire series. I had forgotten how much I disliked Keyra - she carried herself like she had it in the bag and was the best thing ever.  I was so happy when she was cut the following season.

I don't like 12 either, overall I wasn't crazy about that rookie class (I pretty much liked Gina, Christina & Alexis).  Season 7 is the other one...I think it's 7, the one where Chelsea is a rookie.  It just goes on sooooo long.

• Love 1

anyone else listened to the Pro Cheerleading:  The Truth Behind the Poms podcast, the second most recent is an interview with Viv and it's interesting to say the least

I've also downloaded the Jacie episode of that podcast but haven't listened to it yet

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Pksbena1 said:

This has probably already been announced on here...but, for all you UK watchers, they are showing seasons 9-12...on ITVbe in the afternoon. This was announced on a DCC fan page on FB. One person said they are able to watch it on Pluto using vpn.  I live in the US but thought I’d let y’all know in case you hadn’t heard. 

They been showing it the last 2 weeks I said it about 2 weeks ago but are you sure they are showing season 12? itvbe only started season 9 2 weeks ago and 10 last week and season 11 yesterday (friday)

• Love 1
14 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

Spot on... Keyra, the sass was real, I think she was stunned every time she got called into the office, also another one with thick thighs that Kelli let slide as opposed to Viv. That scene when she was a vet returning to finals walking up to the stadium, she was sooooooooo arrogant, talk about an extra dose of humble pie, wowza! 

Also, that empty your bucket if I never hear that again it'll be too soon! :-)

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, TB12 said:

Spot on... Keyra, the sass was real, I think she was stunned every time she got called into the office, also another one with thick thighs that Kelli let slide as opposed to Viv. That scene when she was a vet returning to finals walking up to the stadium, she was sooooooooo arrogant, talk about an extra dose of humble pie, wowza! 

Also, that empty your bucket if I never hear that again it'll be too soon! 🙂

And don't forget her quote, "my dad's a photographer, so I think I'm photogenic." 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, UK-Fan said:

They been showing it the last 2 weeks I said it about 2 weeks ago but are you sure they are showing season 12? itvbe only started season 9 2 weeks ago and 10 last week and season 11 yesterday (friday)

I saw that they will be via TV Guide's website.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TB12 said:

Every time I hear that phrase I want to throw something! (you now owe me a new monitor. lol) 

It felt very cult like, how often they were chanting their Leaders mantra. 

Worst season ever for that reason alone.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, TB12 said:

ugh no I will not empty my bucket damn it unless it's filled with green slime (and I think I just aged myself lol)

The time that got me was when they told her to make noise with her poms and she did but it always struck me as her being bratty/ malicious compliance. Like she was just being a smart a$$ the way she did it. And yeah coming up to finals her second time around was enough for her to be cut in my opinion. And I never thought she had the DCC build but I was okay with that part.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, CailynA said:

ugh no I will not empty my bucket damn it unless it's filled with green slime (and I think I just aged myself lol)

You can't do that on television.  Oh wait.  They already did.  I aged myself as well because I remember BOTH the shows that were the earliest progenitors of the green slime phenomenon.

3 hours ago, CailynA said:

The time that got me was when they told her to make noise with her poms and she did but it always struck me as her being bratty/ malicious compliance. Like she was just being a smart a$$ the way she did it. And yeah coming up to finals her second time around was enough for her to be cut in my opinion. And I never thought she had the DCC build but I was okay with that part.

Keyra had attitude and, while some would say she was just showing confidence going into Finals, others have said she showed a cockiness that wasn't deserved.  I liked Keyra in her first year, but I think she got full of herself her rookie year and thought her second year was a lock despite being late to at least two performances.  Being late once, she could have explained away, but not any others.

• Love 3
(edited)
10 hours ago, UK-Fan said:

They been showing it the last 2 weeks I said it about 2 weeks ago but are you sure they are showing season 12? itvbe only started season 9 2 weeks ago and 10 last week and season 11 yesterday (friday

A poster stated that they had started the show at Season 9. She said, last time, they went up to Season 12. Maybe she meant it stopped right at Season 12. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Another poster said she got a VPN and can watch it on Pluto. 

Edited by Pksbena1
Amended
17 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Someone remind me please....Brooke Sorensen's friend Stephanie Heymann....did she get cut going into her 2nd audition or did she retire after one year?

She left after one season 

• Useful 1
11 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Probably because Brooke retired 

Brooke was probably the reason she made the team. With her "supposed"  weight issues she wouldn't have made it otherwise.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

Every time I hear that phrase I want to throw something! (you now owe me a new monitor. lol) 

It felt very cult like, how often they were chanting their Leaders mantra. 

Worst season ever for that reason alone.

I thought "touch the star" was even more cult-ish.  OMG that almost may me turn off and tune out forever!

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
51 minutes ago, Opine said:

I thought "touch the star" was even more cult-ish.  OMG that almost may me turn off and tune out forever!

I think I would rather empty my bucket than ever touch the star. That just sounds...wrong. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 3

Watching Season 7 on pluto.....I can't stand that nutritionist! I'm certainly not a trained nutritionist or nutritional therapist, but I cannot imagine that ambushing a girl out of the blue (on camera) in her house and then going through her fridge is the best way to promote healthy eating. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Opine said:

OMGGGG how did I forget about that or block it out was probably the case! I was not surprised that Alexandria didn't stay beyond preseason being a Boston girl myself. We are not bred to be sweet, obedient ladies, we tend to be scrappy & push boundaries. There is nothing wrong with southern girls, believe me my belly lovessss southern food & I love most of their traditions! But that whole touch the star, I remember thinking there is no way i'd feed into that... or who am I kidding, if it meant I could be a DCC i just may... :-)

• Love 6

Season 7 I’ve never noticed that after the big and rich concert when Kelli is talking to the group Alex is making some weird face.  I wonder if she did that a lot that we never saw ?

• Love 1

Touch the star, touch it, you know you wanna, it's the biggest honor ever so just do it, touch the star, touch it and faint from the honor of being allowed to touch the star. And you can tell people you were allowed to touch the star, that we think so much of you DCC that you get to touch the star. Touch it and promise your life for the next year to or amazing, wonderful, world famous organization. Oh you're touching it, see how wonderful it feels, don't you feel honored, are you lightheaded with honor yet? Good now never forget this feeling and the honor and you never forget to empty your bucket for us and have nothing left for your real world job. 

Ok sorry couldn't resist I'm in a snarky mood.

As for the nutritionist in season 7 she makes me crazy. Sugar isn't for pretty girls apparently, wtfever, the girls had Reese's mini cups in the freezer where they wouldn't even see them frequently, minis which are great for portion control and it was a major no no.

Remind me was this the same twit who said carbonation causes cellulite.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, CailynA said:

Touch the star, touch it, you know you wanna, it's the biggest honor ever so just do it, touch the star, touch it and faint from the honor of being allowed to touch the star. And you can tell people you were allowed to touch the star, that we think so much of you DCC that you get to touch the star. Touch it and promise your life for the next year to or amazing, wonderful, world famous organization. Oh you're touching it, see how wonderful it feels, don't you feel honored, are you lightheaded with honor yet? Good now never forget this feeling and the honor and you never forget to empty your bucket for us and have nothing left for your real world job. 

Ok sorry couldn't resist I'm in a snarky mood.

As for the nutritionist in season 7 she makes me crazy. Sugar isn't for pretty girls apparently, wtfever, the girls had Reese's mini cups in the freezer where they wouldn't even see them frequently, minis which are great for portion control and it was a major no no.

Remind me was this the same twit who said carbonation causes cellulite.

Oof, yes, this nutritionist was the worst.  I like that the cheerleaders straight up laughed at her when she said that carbonation causes cellulite.  I felt so bad for Nicole Bulcher, I think the nutritionist (can't remember her name and I don't want to) felt really bad when she realized just how little Nicole was eating and how much shame she felt around food.  That was so uncomfortable.

• Love 3

I just noticed - if you turn on the captioning when watching the seasons on Pluto - you get the lyrics to the original songs that have been replaced with generic icky music. Need to go check the couple of seasons I bought on iTunes to see if the captions are the same there.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, MelissaMinion said:

I just noticed - if you turn on the captioning when watching the seasons on Pluto - you get the lyrics to the original songs that have been replaced with generic icky music. Need to go check the couple of seasons I bought on iTunes to see if the captions are the same there.

ok next time I watch on Pluto I'm turning on captions

• LOL 1
On 7/26/2020 at 2:34 PM, Jess14 said:

Watching Season 7 on pluto.....I can't stand that nutritionist! I'm certainly not a trained nutritionist or nutritional therapist, but I cannot imagine that ambushing a girl out of the blue (on camera) in her house and then going through her fridge is the best way to promote healthy eating. 

And everything was the WORST thing you can eat!! 🙄

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Yes. That and the “pretty girls” comments were so condescending. Ugh! 

Oh, I know.  I would love to know that woman's credentials (or lack thereof). I almost can't believe that such a "world-class" organization could only find that hack as a nutritionist.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, 88Keys said:

I hate how Kitty (and others) call the girls out for being "thick" instead of "fat," as if that somehow makes it better.

I think it's more accurate. None of these girls were fat, but some of them had thicker waistlines that would not look good in hot pants and a bra with sleeves. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

Oh, I know.  I would love to know that woman's credentials (or lack thereof). I almost can't believe that such a "world-class" organization could only find that hack as a nutritionist.

She's seriously ridiculous. I have a couple of friends who are registered dietitians and I've never once heard them say that carbonation (or anything else, for that matter) causes cellulite.

But then again, none of us are world-class performers trying to fit into an iconic and unforgiving uniform. *shrugs*

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Mabinogia said:

I think it's more accurate. None of these girls were fat, but some of them had thicker waistlines that would not look good in hot pants and a bra with sleeves. 

Yeah, I actually understand the “thick” vs “fat” distinction.  I don’t know how Kitty means it, but calling someone fat is basically always an insult. Thick is not necessarily that. Sometimes, it refers to a woman who is in great shape but may just have a different body type than the rail thin look that the DCCs like. Hell, I know when men (at least many of them) talk about a “thick woman,” that often is a compliment.

• Love 4
On 7/27/2020 at 8:24 PM, EricaShadows said:

I think she overslept.

So I wonder is even though judy told them no going out on Saturday, she did anyway ?  If I had barely made the team and I had to be at work at 6am.  I would have been in bed by 8pm 

6 hours ago, dariafan said:

So I wonder is even though judy told them no going out on Saturday, she did anyway ?  If I had barely made the team and I had to be at work at 6am.  I would have been in bed by 8pm 

Heck, in a former life, I DID have to be at work at 6 am (granted I worked 10-hour shifts 4 days a week at the time) and I still made it to work on time save the one time I overslept my alarm clocks and was STILL only late by 5 minutes.  Unless the DFW area streets have horrible traffic in the pre-6 am slot and she STILL missed the bus by that much, I wonder where she lived and how much she overslept to be as late as she was.  I think it was 15-20 minutes at least by the time she got to the stadium if not more.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, dariafan said:

Jinelle is so sweet, I can’t believe I didn’t like her when this first aired

Jinelle is one of my all time favorites, from the moment she showed up. Of course I am a sucker for accents so that helped. lol

I do love when she gets her makeover and she was sooo grateful to that guy for finding a way to let her keep her hair long.  

• Love 5