Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Have you see Season 9, ep 4 where they are dancing in groups based on their age?  Jennifer Alexis is dancing with her age group, and then they show her watching:)  I think that happens every season - someone is dancing and then they show them watching.

Yes, I know exactly what you mean! I was watching the last episode of season 12 and it appeared as though Savannah and Lexie were in every group lol when they were dancing during the last rehearsal! The Group Leaders kept interchanging as well during the same song between Jenna, Jinelle, Lacey and KaShara when Kelli had just said 'Let's see Group Three'! And they introduced the groups during Meet the Team as Groups led by KaShara, Jinelle, Lacey and Jenna even though Jenna was Group 1 Leader! 

I also recall from past episodes seeing loads of girls called in the wrong order during Finals and TC announcements like for instance I recall Amy L. is seen still sitting in the crowd during season 10 as the last Finalist Amy Simone is called! In I think it was Season 12 as the Vets perform in episode 4 to inspire the Rookies some of the Vets (I think Robin was one of them) are seen sitting as Kelli applauds them! That one is hard to get your head around lol. The same goes for show group announcements with the editing! Sorry for the long post, I could write a book about this show lol! Love it and the editing too! 😊 Always makes for great viewing!! 

• Love 2

My favorite editing screwup was when they showed a dancing montage during rehearsal and finished with a shot of Mackenie in the front, then cut to the girls sitting in front of the mirror clapping and Mackenzie was front and center clapping, for herself I guess. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
On 7/3/2019 at 5:21 PM, Pau84 said:

On season 11 during the Belk fashion runway with alumni participating, Victoria Kalina is in the audience! And on season 12 during the finals, Taylor Johnson was there in a green dress!

Are you watching on Amazon? I have all the seasons bought (except 1 and 2 of course) and the last season which I found boring. I was just watching this Belk show. Yet, Amazon only has like 1 or 2 episodes each season that I can watch now. I rewatched all the seasons just a few weeks ago, now, I can't get most of the episodes. I wanted specifically to watch Vivian's poem but that is dark and not available and I am NOT buying them again. Is anyone else having issues? 

(edited)

@nrskim I've been watching different eps in different seasons over the past few days, and have had no issues.  I just watched a few minutes of the ep with her poem and no issue.  There have been several posters commenting on various eps over the last week that they were re-watching.

Edited by scorpio1031
3 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

@nrskim I've been watching different eps in different seasons over the past few days, and have had no issues.  I just watched a few minutes of the ep with her poem and no issue.  There have been several posters commenting on various eps over the last week that they were re-watching.

Thank you! I'll check it again tomorrow and if it's still an issue I will contact Amazon. I was just looking, I watched several seasons 2 weeks ago without issue. 

10 hours ago, nrskim said:

Are you watching on Amazon? I have all the seasons bought (except 1 and 2 of course) and the last season which I found boring. I was just watching this Belk show. Yet, Amazon only has like 1 or 2 episodes each season that I can watch now. I rewatched all the seasons just a few weeks ago, now, I can't get most of the episodes. I wanted specifically to watch Vivian's poem but that is dark and not available and I am NOT buying them again. Is anyone else having issues? 

I download the episodes using P2P software!

12 hours ago, Pau84 said:

I download the episodes using P2P software!

I just spent like 2 hours online with Amazon chat. Many of the seasons (if not all) have been added to MTV video library, so with a free 1 week trial of MTV you can watch lots of episodes and seasons. They are possibly being added to Prime also, one of the guys helping said it sure appeared that way on his end. Anyhow, when all that happened, we can still see all the seasons in my account, yet I can't watch them. So in 48 hours when they are all done being added to MTV, they should be accessible to me (and others) again. Now if we can get CMT to put seasons 1 and 2 up again.....

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, nrskim said:

I just spent like 2 hours online with Amazon chat. Many of the seasons (if not all) have been added to MTV video library, so with a free 1 week trial of MTV you can watch lots of episodes and seasons. They are possibly being added to Prime also, one of the guys helping said it sure appeared that way on his end. Anyhow, when all that happened, we can still see all the seasons in my account, yet I can't watch them. So in 48 hours when they are all done being added to MTV, they should be accessible to me (and others) again. Now if we can get CMT to put seasons 1 and 2 up again.....

I figured that after I paid for the seasons, they would put them on Prime:(  But we need the two hour special and seasons 1 and 2 on Amazon.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

I figured that after I paid for the seasons, they would put them on Prime:(  But we need the two hour special and seasons 1 and 2 on Amazon.

Are they up yet? I just searched the Amazon app I have for Alexa on my PC and nada.

Just now, DCCFanInKy said:

Are they up yet? I just searched the Amazon app I have for Alexa on my PC and nada.

On Prime?  nrskim said that Amazon support told her they were going to Prime, but there was no date on that.  I've been watching eps no problem, but I haven't checked every season.

Just now, scorpio1031 said:

On Prime?  nrskim said that Amazon support told her they were going to Prime, but there was no date on that.  I've been watching eps no problem, but I haven't checked every season.

OK thanks.

Is the dance music we hear on the "first run" episode that is on the CMT television show the actual music the TCC are dancing to?  Or is it substituted during editing?

Also, at what point is the music redone when an episode goes up on Amazon or Apple?  And who is in charge of substituting it?  Because often it is pretty lame and doesn't go with the dance.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Is the dance music we hear on the "first run" episode that is on the CMT television show the actual music the TCC are dancing to?  Or is it substituted during editing?

Also, at what point is the music redone when an episode goes up on Amazon or Apple?  And who is in charge of substituting it?  Because often it is pretty lame and doesn't go with the dance.

Most of it isn't the actual song they dance to in the studio. I taught myself a couple of dances off Youtube and it's not the same song. They definitely don't use Thunderstruck on the show for some reason!

I'm watching season 12 and my god, I'm fallen in love with Lauren all over again. They've just been on a veterans visit and she is so attentive and thoughtful. Despite her memory skills on the dancefloor, she really does embody what a DCC should be. Damn, I miss her! Sucks that she had to call time with DCC because of an injury

• Love 5

someone had mentioned on the boards once that the distribution rights were the reason seasons 1 and 2 and the 2-hour special have never been available for sale.  I haven't even seen the 2-hour special and I'm dying to.  I don't even really watch TV (I don't even have a TV), but I totally love MTT and go back and watch old shows on my laptop all the time.  I really wish it was easier to see and watch the first couple seasons....definitely brings it home to you how much things have changed over the years, and I really empathize with the girls through their journeys.  It's kind of going back and visiting old friends.....like "hey Natalie Woods, I totally missed you girl, let's go get a cheeseburger together!"  Also there is Kelli skydiving, which was killer, and more of the perfect Nicole Hamilton.  I'd also found it really interesting in the first couple seasons when Melissa Rycroft was in training camp.  I know she gets a lot of shade here sometimes but rewatching those seasons it's easy to see why she might be featured later (The Bachelor and DWTS notwithstanding).  She was shown quite a bit from what I can remember, and she was always really articulate and funny.  When they let her be herself (and not "aww, Breelan!!"), she's a riot, and really does give great advice.

• Love 3
(edited)

Anybody follow (Auto) Amy Simone on IG? She recently started posting again and looks really  different from when she was a GSW dancer, AAIA, and TCC. I don't know if she's modeling or just going for a different look.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Anybody follow (Auto) Amy Simone on IG? She recently started posting again and looks really  different from when she was a GSW dancer, AAIA, and TCC. I don't know if she's modeling or just going for a different look.

I follow her and thought she looked better when she was a GSW/AAIA/Rookie Candidate.  Now, I think she just looks like a "typical" black girl in the world of hip hop/rap videos.  Then again, I'm a middle aged white woman who doesn't listen to hip hop or rap and don't really watch videos in either style.  I do like Teyana Taylor and think she looks freaking awesome in Kanye's "Fade" video even though I'm not exactly fond of her costume.  And she looks like that AFTER having at least one child.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

I do...and the HUGE braid extension she is wearing in some of the pictures is very distracting.  She is so pretty she doesn't need it.  

2 hours ago, Kayce said:

I do...and the HUGE braid extension she is wearing in some of the pictures is very distracting.  She is so pretty she doesn't need it.  

I agree. I wish she would have kept her AAIA/GSW look.

38 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Madeline "just kind of brings the goodness to the locker room."  What!!??  Isn't she one that Kitty didn't "get good locker room" from?  Is this bashing Kitty?  Glad to see K&J recognize her as one of their strongest veterans.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, kalibean said:

This was fantastic - thank you for posting.  I’m never sad to revisit Vivian and her poetry...Malena was a bonus! 

Vivian....who can ever forget her poetry?? 😜

• Love 1

Looks like the Dolphins Cheerleaders are getting new uni's this season per their FB page. Still no reveal of who made their squad yet; in particular, Whitney???

Today’s random item: watching season 8 and Jinelle says during her panel interview “there are no words”.  Drinking and snort laughing do not go well together.  

• LOL 5
46 minutes ago, DCCme said:

Today’s random item: watching season 8 and Jinelle says during her panel interview “there are no words”.  Drinking and snort laughing do not go well together.  

I was watching her makeover.  First of all, you have a woman who is tall and thin, and you want to chop her hair into a bob?  The gals at the salon seemed a bit snotty.  I loved that Derek came to her rescue and saw something different in her look - "romantic sexiness" is what he called it.  But really, Kelli was making her out to be one of the ugly stepsisters.  There have been other DCC thru the years that needed a little help with hair and makeup as well.  But we all know how Kelli likes to take the pretty  ones and try to turn them into dancers, instead of taking a dancer and giving her a new look.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

First of all, you have a woman who is tall and thin, and you want to chop her hair into a bob?

In their defense, I think they were looking at her long, thin face, and typically the thought is that long hair will drag a face shape like that down even more. The thing I always hated when that 1st guy (Ranier, I think?) who did makeovers would joke with the girls that he's going to chop their hair...he'd see them panic and then be like "haha kidding!"  Ummm...not funny.  I almost felt like he got off on scaring them.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, DCCme said:

You are so right! I remember her saying that in her panel interview too!  However, it was not a weak answer in Jinelle’s case because of the context in which she said it. She had a seemingly mature, intelligent interview in which she spoke well. Also, the context and manner in which she said actually did answer the question.  In her case, “I have no words” actually said a lot. 😀

• Love 5

CMT removed the older seasons, unfortunately. No idea if they'll come back. I have a copy of all seasons 1-13 saved somewhere, but the one thing I don't have is the 2005 2h special. Does anyone have a DVD of it that I could buy lol?

Binged S13 today.  Does anyone have background on Maddie’s place in the triangle.  When Judy announces the formation she put Maddie in Lacey’s place.   They danced like that for the balance of the episode, but was altered to the final formation by later episodes.   Was this an honest mistake?  Or did they think Lacey would enjoy a different position?

Watching season 12 cameo episode when Keyra says “my dad is a photographer so I feel like I’m photogenic”... causing me to silently scream “THOSE TWO THINGS ARE NOT RELATED”. I feel better now that I’ve shared that.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, DCCFan197605 said:

Binged S13 today.  Does anyone have background on Maddie’s place in the triangle.  When Judy announces the formation she put Maddie in Lacey’s place.   They danced like that for the balance of the episode, but was altered to the final formation by later episodes.   Was this an honest mistake?  Or did they think Lacey would enjoy a different position?

I saw that as well.  Judy just said one on either side of KaShara.  I can't think of anything that would make a difference - kick line, lines coming in or leaving, or the more important hair color.

5 minutes ago, DCCme said:

Watching season 12 cameo episode when Keyra says “my dad is a photographer so I feel like I’m photogenic”... causing me to silently scream “THOSE TWO THINGS ARE NOT RELATED”. I feel better now that I’ve shared that.

DCC MTT needs to make a video of all the crazy stuff that was said.  Besides Keyra, I did like Mary's comment when she had her makeover - she referred to herself as a "color virgin."

• Love 1

After binging S13 yesterday—watching some of the episodes twice—it has been hard to organize my thoughts on all that was shown.

It makes me wish I could buy Shelly, Jinelle, Kelli, Judy, Weatherman Scott, Tina, Dayton, Kitty and Victoria drinks (separately, of course).  It would be interesting to hear each point of view on last season provided I could get them drunk enough to spill.   

Dayton

Her audition is very strange to me.  There are so many dynamics in play.  Coach’s daughter, introversion, memory challenges, power challenges, technique expertise, sexy bod in the uniform, and low impact.  Everyone keeps talking about “Finals Dayton” but the clips of Dayton dancing in finals were to me neither impactful nor natural.   

Weatherman Scott

I love this on air hottie, but his assessment of Dayton and rebuke of Victoria seems very planned to me.  I’d seen his scenes a few times before and nothing occurred to me.  Watching him yesterday, an idea clicked, “he is on Team Shelly.”  They must be friends as his narrative was no more based in reality (“I could put Dayton in a uniform tomorrow.”) than what K&C kept saying or ignoring about Victoria.  Either that or someone in his world egged him on.  

Tina 

What a crazy bitch this woman must be!  What I saw from Kelli through the season was a love of VK, but also a profound empathy for what TK was putting VK through.  In the evaluation clip with Denise we saw on CMT.com, Kelli introduces the idea of pressure from home.  Kelli keeps telling VK to be herself, and finally, Victoria is at once afraid to tell her mom that she didn’t make it and wants so badly to be hugged by her mom.  In the clips we’ve seen of Tina on the show across seasons, she appears to be an intense alumna with very high standards.  This leaves an impression that the lady is toxic, but may have no idea how crazy she is.

Kelli

Good God, lady, what did you commit to? Those looks you gave VK during evaluations were heartbreaking.   You’d move from standard Kelli doing her job to quiet, pleading Kelli in your eyes.  It was though you needed Victoria to forgive you for doing your job.  God bless you.  For one reason or another, this child went off the rails, and you felt compelled to protect her despite the real hit to your credibility doing so created.  It seems that your best friend is a crazy bitch, and you were doing your best to deal with it.

Shelly

You seem like the most authentic one out there, and how difficult all of this must have been for you.   

• Love 7

I am rewatching Season 8 and in Episode 2 where they go to Kitty Carter’s, Kelli Quinn was in the class. Which made me realize that they took Vivian Ralena into training camp not one but two times over Kelli Quinn making it. I just do not understand unless they just brought Vivian into training camp for entertainment value and an easy boot, I don’t see how she could score higher than Kelli Q. (I know Vivian won the fan vote but still - then why did Kathryn Dunn make it over her?) 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, DCCFan197605 said:

What I saw from Kelli through the season was a love of VK, but also a profound empathy for what TK was putting VK through.  

I don't think it was just Tina though.  How many times was a comment made to VK about growing up in this world, your mom wore the uniform, etc.  I realize that was her storyline, but once it was said in the first ep, it should have been dropped.  Just more pressure upon pressure.  I've said it before, but I think that's why she gained weight so quickly.

9 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I don't think it was just Tina though.  How many times was a comment made to VK about growing up in this world, your mom wore the uniform, etc.  I realize that was her storyline, but once it was said in the first ep, it should have been dropped.  Just more pressure upon pressure.  I've said it before, but I think that's why she gained weight so quickly.

I agree with you.   That’s why it’s hard to vilify Victoria.  The girl was dealing with a lot of pressure and she must have known how her behavior was impacting others.  

I do wonder what role, if any, did Tina play in Victoria’s treatment of Jinelle.  

• Love 1

Another item that comes to mind is the embarrassment of riches K&J had in S13.

Clearly, Lily and Tara would have been great DCCs for the season.  Many have expressed anger about their cuts.   In order to keep them, though, others must go.   Determining who I’d cut has been a fun mental exercise.   I am Team Brennan all the way.  I believe her spot in S12 was stolen by the dropouts.  As a result, I think of her as a vet.  Also, I believe the rookie SG were of sufficient quality to keep them.  Further, I believe persistence should be rewarded.  So, I’d cut the low-end first year TCCs first.

So, I’d likely cut Taylor J to keep Tara and would have cut Lily.   Lily’s smile sort of creeps me out and she doesn’t seem ridiculously impressive.

Have you all played this game?  

If Victoria hadn’t gained weight, which current team member would have paid the price?

8 minutes ago, DCCFan197605 said:

I agree with you.   That’s why it’s hard to vilify Victoria.  The girl was dealing with a lot of pressure and she must have known how her behavior was impacting others.  

I do wonder what role, if any, did Tina play in Victoria’s treatment of Jinelle.  

I blame Tina for how she raised Victoria, and the pressures she has put on her.  I can understand how VK responded to the pressure by overeating, if that is what truly happened.  However, when it comes to the lying, attitude, etc, I place the blame on Victoria.  I also blame the other adults for excusing it and not dealing with it like they should have.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I blame Tina for how she raised Victoria, and the pressures she has put on her.  I can understand how VK responded to the pressure by overeating, if that is what truly happened.  However, when it comes to the lying, attitude, etc, I place the blame on Victoria.  I also blame the other adults for excusing it and not dealing with it like they should have.

I think I said it last year (or maybe I just thought it 😆), but it got to the point of self-sabotage -- VK was doing everything in her power to get Kelli to cut her. A small rebellion against Mommy dearest?

10 hours ago, MelissaB326 said:

I am rewatching Season 8 and in Episode 2 where they go to Kitty Carter’s, Kelli Quinn was in the class. Which made me realize that they took Vivian Ralena into training camp not one but two times over Kelli Quinn making it. I just do not understand unless they just brought Vivian into training camp for entertainment value and an easy boot, I don’t see how she could score higher than Kelli Q. (I know Vivian won the fan vote but still - then why did Kathryn Dunn make it over her?) 

Pretty sure Kelli Q, like current DCC Hannah, auditioned 4 times before making it to training camp. They only seem to emphasis the comeback girls as the ones who've made it to TC before, like Brennan, Madeline, Maddie and Erin, although none of them got that much airtime! 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DCC-UK said:

Pretty sure Kelli Q, like current DCC Hannah, auditioned 4 times before making it to training camp. They only seem to emphasis the comeback girls as the ones who've made it to TC before, like Brennan, Madeline, Maddie and Erin, although none of them got that much airtime! 

Kelli did audition 4 times because she was on 3 other teams (Legends, Mavs, Ice Angels) before making the DCC.

(edited)
4 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Kelli did audition 4 times because she was on 3 other teams (Legends, Mavs, Ice Angels) before making the DCC.

Yes, there is a scene in her rookie season where Kelli asks her how many times she tried out because she *just* noticed her and Kelli Q. says it was her 4th year. I just think it’s crazy she had to try out 4 times to make it when people like Vivian, Kathryn Dunn and freaking Morgan made it to training camp before her. 

Edited by MelissaB326
Clarifying the Kelli
  • Love 4
(edited)

I think some of the gals that aren’t as classically beautiful and/or maybe have a tougher appearance have a harder time in years where pageant queens come rolling through. Kelli is an outstanding dancer and clearly a tremendous asset, but I can see her dancing getting overlooked when flashier options are out there. (Hannah and current all star Stephanie also tried out multiple times, right?). 

Morgan and Vivian aren’t great dancers, but had unique looks, classically pretty, good stories, etc. 

The only thing I can relate it to is a reality show like American Idol or SYTYCD...the “best” isn’t always the winner. Sometimes it’s good enough but pretty/flashy/fills a slot that wins out. 

Edited by kalibean
  • Love 2

Kelli first auditioned 2013 along with Courtney Krauss ( former DSIG, current Patriots cheerleader).  She and Courtney were on the Texas Legends together.  Courtney came back the next year and didn't make TC either. Both girls were finalists and in the fan vote as well.