Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

That's what I assumed as well. Getting cut on the last night of camp twice would really mess with a person. It seems like she just wasn't a fit for the team (for whatever reason - I think she was great), so why go through another three months of craziness when you might not make it again?

And not just have it happen once, but twice.  If I remember correctly, she was cut the last night or close to the last night both times she was in camp.  I get the first time, but the second time? No, that was NOT cool.  Either cut her earlier in camp or put her on the squad the second time.  If you bring her in the second time, you should know early enough in Camp to know if she's improved or not.  You should also know if she's going to get stronger throughout camp.  I totally get why Kyndall didn't come back again.  I wouldn't have either.

• Love 10

Episode 307:  Not sure if this belongs here or in the " Show Format: Irritations and Fresh Ideas" forum so mods please move this if needed.  WHY do they wait until the last few rehearsals in TC to bring Charlotte back in to critique.  I don't think it's fair to the TCCs.  Does Charlotte attend auditions??

1 minute ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Episode 307:  Not sure if this belongs here or in the " Show Format: Irritations and Fresh Ideas" forum so mods please move this if needed.  WHY do they wait until the last few rehearsals in TC to bring Charlotte back in to critique.  I don't think it's fair to the TCCs.  Does Charlotte attend auditions??

Yes Charlotte is a judge at auditions 

Episode 504 Brooke's 4th year.  Why did they make an exception to that lady named Amanda so she could be a DCC for a day?   I don't really understand why there was this "one time exception." What did Good Morning America have to do with it?

5 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Episode 504 Brooke's 4th year.  Why did they make an exception to that lady named Amanda so she could be a DCC for a day?   I don't really understand why there was this "one time exception." What did Good Morning America have to do with it?

Didn't she win some sort of contest?  There was another "DCC For A Day" (some blonde tv talk show host I can't recall)

• Love 1

Watching season 6, episodes 5-7. I keep spotting a random TCC with sandy blond hair and bangs. You can see her during the healthy eating segment with Jay and in the front row receiving instructions before the first field rehearsal. Never noticed her before. Who is she? It’s not Jenna or Rebecca.

1 hour ago, Gingi1976 said:

Watching season 6, episodes 5-7. I keep spotting a random TCC with sandy blond hair and bangs. You can see her during the healthy eating segment with Jay and in the front row receiving instructions before the first field rehearsal. Never noticed her before. Who is she? It’s not Jenna or Rebecca.

They show Holly A and MacKenzie in the front row, with Rebecca sitting between them.  She is up front with Jay as well.  Straight bangs, not side swept, with shoulder length straight hair??

6 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

They show Holly A and MacKenzie in the front row, with Rebecca sitting between them.  She is up front with Jay as well.  Straight bangs, not side swept, with shoulder length straight hair??

Are you talking about Rebecca whose cut wasn't shown?

(edited)
4 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I realize this may not help without pictures, but maybe a name will jump out at you:)

https://making-the-team.fandom.com/wiki/Season_6

Looking at that list (which is very helpful) it could be Nina Marie or Christina Marie. Christina left TC on her own and Nina was cut. Nina was the one Kelli said had a boring personality. 

Nina 

CMT-MTT-6.jpg

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Looking at that list (which is very helpful) it could be Nina Marie or Christina Marie. Christina left TC on her own and Nina was cut. Nina was the one Kelli said had a boring personality. 

Or Marie Lynne.  She is in Jay's segment and then she has a TH before field rehearsal??

I've watched that season a lot and saw that girl. I wasn't sure if it was Rebecca that we barely knew or not. But I'm definitely pretty sure that it's not Marie or Christina or Nina. I looked at the Wikipedia list and feel like I know who all those girls are, so it could be Rebecca. I'm not sure what haircut she got. I have no idea. Lol someone take a picture from the TV and post it when that season comes on.

8 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Episode 908:  I'm having a hard time buying the things Ashley Pro's "former dance directors" said about her.  Do you think Kelli made the whole thing up to scare/test Ashley?

Would Kelli be that cruel?  Yes.

4 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Someone changed it back 

3 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

Lol...someone who monitors this site and that one....because the point change got switched back pretty darn quick 😉

I've had that happen a few times when editing the MTT page.  Could be somebody changed it back or maybe the edit just didn't "take".  Who knows but I'm betting the former.

12 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Changed 🙂 

I don't see any changes. It still says:

Erica Wilkins (left during training camp due to injury/later retired)

Also wondering why Victoria's name is bolded.

(edited)
16 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Legacies are bold - you see it with Cassie and Meredith Oden too.  Can't remember where I saw that footnote but it's in there somewhere!

Edited by kalibean
  • Useful 1
16 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

It got changed back 

(edited)

Episode 1209 (the Jenna/Holly mess).  I think both Jenna and Holly should have been shown the door immediately. I wonder if anything "extra" happened between that scene in the office with Holly and the next rehearsal where Kelli says they've accepted Holly's resignation.  Holly is shown walking out the door with what looks like a show group costume after the office meeting.  Wonder when she came back and returned that?  I also wonder which rookie TCC wouldn't have made it if Holly hadn't resigned.

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
Added something.
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Episode 1209 (the Jenna/Holly mess).  I think both Jenna and Holly should have been shown the door immediately. I wonder if anything "extra" happened between that scene in the office with Holly and the next rehearsal where Kelli says they've accepted Holly's resignation.  Holly is shown walking out the door with what looks like a show group costume after the office meeting.  Wonder when she came back and returned that?  I also wonder which rookie TCC wouldn't have made it if Holly hadn't resigned.

I've said it multiple times, Jenna produced and that is why she stayed. Group leaders do a lot of the heavy lifting on the DCC. For whatever her flaws were, she appeared to be EXCELLENT at teaching and polishing those routines.  She brought her group up to her level.

Teaching really is a skill.  I used to teach graduate level students, and would get horrible reviews.  You don't just toss a good teacher away.

Her group was featured in almost 3/4 of the DCC social media posts her final year.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13

As for the rookies who would’ve been cut, I think Christina and Savannah owe their spots to Holly and Erica. The other potential person who may have been cut was Keyra, IMO - not due to dance. She was clearly one of the best dancers from that group, but Kelli didn’t like her body and was looking for a reason to cut her.  I could’ve easily seen Kelli coming up with some BS reason to keep Savannah (who still chases the choreography) over Keyra. 

• Love 10
On 5/28/2020 at 3:26 PM, Curly Sue said:

Watching Season 1 on Pluto right now, and I'm just here to say that the "butt sketch" artist at their "celebration dinner"  in the last episode was just hella creepy! 

Believe it or not, this was a "thing" in Dallas!  It was not unusual to have the butt sketch artist at parties, I even remember them being at one of my high school's senior parties at the Dallas Country Club.  Thinking back, it is quite odd.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

It's back a couple of pages now, but people were discussing why the big change between Chelsea's rookie season and her second year when she was cut during training camp.

I didn't know it until lately when someone shared an Insta post from one of them (can't remember which) but Chelsea and Cassie were really close.  I think some of Chelsea's entitled attitude came from that, she probably thought she was untouchable due to their friendship.  I liked Chelsea a lot in general, but she really came across poorly her second year.  She had such a snotty attitude after she was put on weight warning, then tried to turn around and act like she just had no idea what Kelli and Judy were talking about.  I think it was smart of them to go ahead and cut her due to the attitude.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Not that Kelli and Judy are particularly consistent, but there's something to be said for someone who would plop their tails into that chair and be like you know what?  I totally screwed up.  I own it, I'm sorry, and I know it will take a while for you to trust me again but I really hope for another chance.  Here are the XYZ things I plan to change/fix/start to do so.

Not that Jenna and Heather got a ton of grace, but if you compare their situations with Holly or Chelsea, who tried to be all wide eyed innocence and lied straight to their faces and then backpedaled, I can appreciate a different level of tolerance.  Holly was such an excellent dancer you know it ate them up to not have her on the team.  Chelsea was never particularly strong so an easier choice.

Holly was young but savvy, so I don't think she tripped over her own stupidity and youthful bad choices in the same way maybe Kaitlyn did, or even Jenna to a point.  Jenna has always come across to me as someone who was more of a follower and naive/sheltered AF vs. some of the savvier gals she befriended.  Everyone comes to the squad with a different life experience, so you're going to have 18 year olds with street smarts and ambition and 23 year olds that coasted through life and haven't had life slap them in the face yet.

The Heather situation just plain old sucked for Heather, but I understand why she came clean and I understand why she was stripped of some leadership too.  I think many others in her situation would have been quietly booted from the team, especially if TPTB found out first.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I hesitate to ask this question, as I feel like the Jenna/Holly think has been beaten to death over and over again, but I’m curious if the issue is that other people were cut for infractions or that fraternization should be a fireable offense. I get the inconsistency issues. That’s problematic, but ultimately, Jenna and Holly were both punished. Holly chose to quit. Jenna didn’t get to go to HOF game and lost point, and it was obvious that both things meant a lot to her, and then Kelli made it clear, IMO, that she couldn’t stand her anymore. Hell, the situation seemed uncomfortable to me from my sofa, so I can’t imagine what it was like to be there. 

Thus, if the goal is to deter similar behavior, I can’t imagine any DCC or TCC watching that and deciding that it’s a good idea to fraternize with players or to not say something about someone else doing it. So, mission accomplished on that end. If it’s just about punishment, any suggestions about putting Jenna in the back of the formation and removing her as group leader or show group don’t make much sense for the team. One, she probably would have quit in that case. But two, she was still one of the best dancers on the team and the only returning group leader.  Workplaces (whether cheerleading or white collar jobs) value experience for a reason. Gratuitous humiliation, which IMO stripping her of all of her positions and treating her like a rookie would have been, doesn’t serve any purpose other than breeding resentment. 

The Heather situation is a bit different to me. From how it was reported here, the bigger concern was more so that it would become public, as opposed to the underlying offense. If true, that leaves a bad taste in my mouth. However, the fact that Heather returned for another year makes me think that there must be more to it. It seems like there would be few things worse than knowing that your coach will not have your back and will throw you under the bus if something about you (a crime against you at that) becomes public. Seems like it would’ve been a very uncomfortable year.

• Love 4
(edited)

Season 8-9:  Kaitlin Phillips - She quit during the season because of a car accident right?  Morgan Jordan - She was cut for almost missing her interview during her 2nd audition right?

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
changed some wording
1 hour ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Season 8-9:  Kaitlin Phillips - She quit during the season because of a car accident right?  Morgan Jordan - She was cut for almost missing her interview during her 2nd audition right?

Kaitlyn was released from the squad for weight gain.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Lona said:

Well guys, next up in CMT's "Then and Now" series is Brooke Sorenson. What was the consensus of her on here?

Like everyone other DCC, some liked her and some did not.

She should have been cut when she had knee surgery.  No she deserved a second chance.

She was fat.  No she was not.

She was privileged because Kelli liked her.  No she wasn't.

I think everyone agreed she could dance and was good at public relations though.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

Like everyone other DCC, some liked her and some did not.

She should have been cut when she had knee surgery.  No she deserved a second chance.

She was fat.  No she was not.

She was privileged because Kelli liked her.  No she wasn't.

I think everyone agreed she could dance and was good at public relations though.

I liked her when I first watched her rookie season of MTT.  After rewatching the season, I just developed more of a "MEH" attitude.  I think she was a little soft looking, but a good dancer. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

I just developed more of a "MEH" attitude.

I think most everyone liked her until they saw the reruns of her over and over.   The some thought she sort of came across as being stuck up or better than others.

21 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I hesitate to ask this question, as I feel like the Jenna/Holly think has been beaten to death over and over again, but I’m curious if the issue is that other people were cut for infractions or that fraternization should be a fireable offense. I get the inconsistency issues. That’s problematic, but ultimately, Jenna and Holly were both punished. Holly chose to quit. Jenna didn’t get to go to HOF game and lost point, and it was obvious that both things meant a lot to her, and then Kelli made it clear, IMO, that she couldn’t stand her anymore. Hell, the situation seemed uncomfortable to me from my sofa, so I can’t imagine what it was like to be there. 

Thus, if the goal is to deter similar behavior, I can’t imagine any DCC or TCC watching that and deciding that it’s a good idea to fraternize with players or to not say something about someone else doing it. So, mission accomplished on that end. If it’s just about punishment, any suggestions about putting Jenna in the back of the formation and removing her as group leader or show group don’t make much sense for the team. One, she probably would have quit in that case. But two, she was still one of the best dancers on the team and the only returning group leader.  Workplaces (whether cheerleading or white collar jobs) value experience for a reason. Gratuitous humiliation, which IMO stripping her of all of her positions and treating her like a rookie would have been, doesn’t serve any purpose other than breeding resentment. 

The Heather situation is a bit different to me. From how it was reported here, the bigger concern was more so that it would become public, as opposed to the underlying offense. If true, that leaves a bad taste in my mouth. However, the fact that Heather returned for another year makes me think that there must be more to it. It seems like there would be few things worse than knowing that your coach will not have your back and will throw you under the bus if something about you (a crime against you at that) becomes public. Seems like it would’ve been a very uncomfortable year.

I'm going to speculate on the Heather situation - I don't know what their contract states, but they have direct experience dealing with private information leaking when it shouldn't, and I imagine they're tailored and specific in their contract about it.  Owning up to the risk is what saved Heather, IMO, and she was strong enough of a team member, dancer and ambassador that they chose to keep her on the squad but out of the limelight, so to speak.  The risk today of leaked photos/videos/private anything is as strong as it's ever been, and social media is even more prevalent than it was several years ago when the big celebrity hacking scandal happened.

Paige also broke the rules about fraternization, but she was extremely discreet.  For all I know, TPTB might have known it was happening, told them to stay quiet about it but if it leaked, they would have to release her.  I think it depends on the maturity of the cheerleader, the infraction and how the cheerleader handles it.

Jenna casually dating Dak (or whatever their situation was) is one thing in private, but Holly hooking up with Zeke, going to clubs in Uptown where there are four million cell phone cameras and paparazzi?  So completely idiotic I can't even wrap my head around it.  Zeke was getting A LOT of negative attention for his antics back then.  I wonder if that's editing magic - Kelli might have said "OMG Jenna, there are cameras everywhere, you know Holly is out there flaunting this rule breaking and drinking as a minor, and do you just let your friend jump in front of a car???"  (Or whatever it was she had said.)  And of course editing would just tell us the snip. 

Who knows, really, but these are real people in real situations with cameras and editing.  So I guess the editor knows best 🙂

• Love 1