Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Kelli seemed to treat her better in season 4. She even admitted it at auditions.

Was it Kelli or Judy who said Ika danced like she had a stick in her neck?

Of course it was Kelly. 

• Love 1

Ika needed A LOT of make up help - I think she was used to a more traditional stage make up, maybe? It always looked heavy and amateur to me. The sultry vibe she was working wasn’t right for this particular job and she was having a hard time adjusting. And while I didn’t necessarily disagree with Kelli’s assessment, those words would have NEVER come out of my mouth. 

Maybe Kelli needs to read Jackie O’s book and report back. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I didn't think Ika looked like " the girl last night" either. I know she had inappropriate pics, but her general appearance was pretty standard to me. I feel like Kelli just comes up with labels for girls that she doesn't really like. 

I thought that was such a rude, derogatory comment. Ika had a really striking, exotic look, probably that Kelli hadn’t seen before. She didn’t fit in with her usual Texas look for the team. Whilst she shouldn’t have made the cut (her dancing was below par), Kelli’s comment really wasn’t appropriate. 

• Love 9
6 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I thought that was such a rude, derogatory comment. Ika had a really striking, exotic look, probably that Kelli hadn’t seen before. She didn’t fit in with her usual Texas look for the team. Whilst she shouldn’t have made the cut (her dancing was below par), Kelli’s comment really wasn’t appropriate. 

Made me think of Charlotte saying she liked Paula Tabares' exotic look.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

Yep. And honestly, while Ika had a striking look, if she looked exactly like she did, but was named Katie and was born and raised in Kansas City, for instance, I question if Kelli would’ve made the same comments. To me, it seems like she would’ve just said, “Katie needs a makeover and help with her hair.” Perhaps I’m being unfair, but it just felt like she was viewing her through some sort of Eastern European, mail-order bride lens. She also made some comment that alluded (to me) that if Ika went to party, she’d end up sleeping with the players. I get that Ika had those inappropriate pics, but Kelli’s comments seemed to go beyond that. I just didn’t like the way she discussed her. Unprofessional, IMO.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

Yep. And honestly, while Ika had a striking look, if she looked exactly like she did, but was named Katie and was born and raised in Kansas City, for instance, I question if Kelli would’ve made the same comments. To me, it seems like she would’ve just said, “Katie needs a makeover and help with her hair.” Perhaps I’m being unfair, but it just felt like she was viewing her through some sort of Eastern European, mail-order bride lens. She also made some comment that alluded (to me) that if Ika went to party, she’d end up sleeping with the players. I get that Ika had those inappropriate pics, but Kelli’s comments seemed to go beyond that. I just didn’t like the way she discussed her. Unprofessional, IMO.

Kelli, unprofessional? Never! -rolls eyes-

• Love 2
On 5/15/2020 at 8:07 PM, UnicornKicksBack said:

Binging season 1 on Pluto with Brooke, melissa Rycroft, Kandi, Derryn, Yoshiko etc and dang so many of the vets and rookies would not stand a chance now. The level of fitness and dance has gone through the roof since then. Some of these girls are pitiful compared to now.

Yep.  And by the same token, I don't think the later season girls would have made the earlier season teams.  The girls from the more recent seasons are much more muscular and even stocky, somewhat.  The early girls were SKINNY.  I suspect that even a strong dancer like Holly P probably wouldn't have made it back then.

On 5/17/2020 at 12:00 PM, Jess14 said:

Rewatching Season 7 and 8... I always wonder what on earth happened to Chelsea between those 2 years. She really did a 180 between the “this is such an amazing organization and Ill be here forever” to “You want me to stay at that weight...haha! I’ll just be one of the fatties.” I mean, the puffery always seemed a bit fake in season 7, but goodness, she did a complete 180 to not even pretending to give a damn. I get how some of the girls get lax and become disillusioned with all of the rules as the years go on, but she was just a second year. Maybe she thought that she was such a favorite that Kelli would look past her mocking their meeting on camera (It would be one thing if it was off camera and someone ratted her out), but idk. It was comical and entertaining to watch, but odd behavior from someone if she really wanted to be on the team.

She even said in her first season "I thought I was a shoo-in."  She realized she had to work harder to make it in.  I think her second season, she again thought she was a shoo-in and didn't realize the veterans are held to an even higher standard.  

• Love 2
6 hours ago, 88Keys said:

I suspect that even a strong dancer like Holly P probably wouldn't have made it back then.

You make a good point, they expected like 10-12% body fat then!  However, if Brooke & Stephanie H made it, I think someone like Holly would have.

• Love 1

I wish I had a dollar for every time Judy or Kelli said the word "pressure."  

I also don't understand how "the pressure is on" every time they have a performance.  Even a small one.  You're PERFORMERS.  It's what you do.  You're also, supposedly, the best in the world at this.  Having eight dancers do the same dance they do every year for a small audience should not result in insane amounts of "pressure."

• Love 3
4 hours ago, ByTor said:

You make a good point, they expected like 10-12% body fat then!  However, if Brooke & Stephanie H made it, I think someone like Holly would have.

Nothing infuriates me more than the early episode where they get in the water tank and are evaluated by the "body image expert."  And she tells one very skinny girl (one of the Jordans) "you don't want to put THIS body into THAT uniform."  As if her body is a gross and disgusting thing.  

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, 88Keys said:

"you don't want to put THIS body into THAT uniform." 

I can almost hear my blood boil thinking about that comment, that was horrible!

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

I can almost hear my blood boil thinking about that comment, that was horrible!

I hear you!  It has always ticked me off that they say that size doesn't matter as long as they fit into the uniform.  And I'm like, isn't that an oxymoron?

• Love 2

Just got to watch season 2 for the first time. That body fat pod was wild. I also didn't understand when Kelli told Abbigail Klein she was one cheeseburger away from busting out of her shorts.

I agree, it's interesting to go back & see how the sparkle & polish of the show's production has changed! I think girls from earlier seasons would have a much harder time making the team now than vice versa. Obviously, there are some rockstars would would make it any year on any team, but I think the caliber of dance & level of fitness tone are way up over the years.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Yep that's her and I'm actually watching her season of MTT now.  I thought her middle name was Irene.

That’s what she said on the show.  

• Love 2
(edited)

Season 9: Courtney is stressing about her job and says she’s gonna quit tomorrow. Then Kelli says: we can help you find a job.

Sounds like a job was too much for her (I totally get it), so why would Kelli try to get ANOTHER job? 

Edited by woodscommaelle
3 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

Season 9: Courtney is stressing about her job and says she’s gonna quit tomorrow. Then Kelli says: we can help you find a job.

Sounds like a job was too much for her (I totally get it), so why would Kelli try to get ANOTHER job? 

I think cause she was a sales rep, and the territory she needed to drive around was pretty big.  She would be spending a lot of time in her car.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Ika was the one where they said “Who’s the naked man in the background?” and she kept posting bar pics even after she was told to stop. Plus she wouldn’t smile. While the “girl last night” comment was out of line, I can see why they cut her at that time. 

• Love 5
On 6/4/2020 at 7:02 AM, M1977G said:

I agree, it's interesting to go back & see how the sparkle & polish of the show's production has changed! I think girls from earlier seasons would have a much harder time making the team now than vice versa. Obviously, there are some rockstars would would make it any year on any team, but I think the caliber of dance & level of fitness tone are way up over the years.

So true.   I also found the judges deliberation in Season 1 funny.  The tables were set up into a U shape without skirting and they crammed 2.5 to 3 people per table.  I would’ve been so uncomfortable sitting there.  The evolution of deliberations would be interesting to see.

Brooke Sorensen comes up a lot in this thread.  I found it interesting that Judy called her a great technical dancer.  Then, cut to Brooke doing a truncated leap in her solo while being very tight.  So, the bar was lower then (or the editing worse).  Just as it was even lower in the 70s and 80s.  Although she is a bit more reserved than KaShara, I think of Brooke as the life of a party.  The sort of girl you want to have a beer with.  Sexier than beautiful and approachable.  I can see how she became the star in her later seasons.  

Judy talks.  Some of the most insightful and raw moments were hers in the early years.  Now, we barely get any Judy comments.  I miss the old Judy.

Cassie.  She has strange features, and bangs didn’t help matters.  In her fifth season, they were able to optimize her— body, hair, makeup, etc.  She looks downright sexy in the fifth year team photo. But still, she’s a strange looking girl.  No way she’d make it without nepotism, but she did well with what she has.  As a mother now, she’s just not trying as hard and god bless her—it’s her right.  

DCC you didn’t see.  There is so much unused footage over 14 years, I’d love to see CMT put together clips of stuff that didn’t make the show for one reason or another.  They did some of this in recent years, but it is limited.  For example, run the full Vivian poem in split screen with Kelli and Judy’s reactions.  Extended cuts of the cuts.  Every girl’s fitting and their conversations with Kelli.   Erica existing in Season 12.  

• Love 6
On 6/6/2020 at 4:47 AM, DCCFan197605 said:

Judy talks.  Some of the most insightful and raw moments were hers in the early years.  Now, we barely get any Judy comments.  I miss the old Judy.

So true! You can see her literally biting her tongue in the more recent episodes, trying not to speak up.  

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

So true! You can see her literally biting her tongue in the more recent episodes, trying not to speak up.  

She was supposedly snapped at by Kelli to keep her mouth shut regarding VK in Season 13, and we can all see how Kelli spoke to her in various episodes.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

She was supposedly snapped at by Kelli to keep her mouth shut regarding VK in Season 13, and we can all see how Kelli spoke to her in various episodes.

Just like Kelli (and Tina) to not want to hear ANYTHING negative about Victoria.  However, while I think this was just the moment that Judy realized her opinion did NOT matter in any way, Kelli shutting her down has happened too often in previous seasons.  Kelli just never outright said anything about it until the Victoria incident.

• Love 2

In my opinion, Judy has been irrelevant for a long time, and I wonder much of that is due to Cassie's treatment. Judy never gives an opinion, she sits on that stool like a disinterested bystander, and if you ask me, she should retire with her dignity intact, before Kelly makes her even more irrelevant. 

Reality Steve (the guys that spoilers the Bachelor) just announced on IG he’s dating Kat Dunn. For those that watch DCC and The Bachelor, this is a crossover I did not see coming. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 6/6/2020 at 3:47 AM, DCCFan197605 said:

Cassie.  She has strange features, and bangs didn’t help matters.  In her fifth season, they were able to optimize her— body, hair, makeup, etc.  She looks downright sexy in the fifth year team photo. But still, she’s a strange looking girl.  No way she’d make it without nepotism, but she did well with what she has.  As a mother now, she’s just not trying as hard and god bless her—it’s her right.   

Is that the year where Kelli had to show her how to pose? Kelli got down on the ground to demonstrate.

48 minutes ago, Spunkyyy said:

Reality Steve (the guys that spoilers the Bachelor) just announced on IG he’s dating Kat Dunn. For those that watch DCC and The Bachelor, this is a crossover I did not see coming. 

I was not expecting that either!!

• Love 1
5 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Is that the year where Kelli had to show her how to pose? Kelli got down on the ground to demonstrate.

Nope.  That was 2011.  Some may argue a straight blowout is optimal Cassie, but I prefer 2010 and 2012.

9FA8620E-BD8E-4693-929B-D7D714C7E209.jpeg

F7030E42-D48D-4608-87EB-D1AFF9A1BE67.jpeg

3E5E78BF-98FE-4DED-AB41-21C192B8EE42.jpeg

17 hours ago, Spunkyyy said:

Really, I always thought he was married. Kind of a random pairing i think... 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, dariafan said:

Ahhh season 8.  The Morgan and katlyn episodes.   They should have stuck with their impression that katlyn was a dingbat and let her gon

I completely agree!  Morgan was too much of a whiner to suit me and Kaitlyn...ugh...she shouldn't have made it as far as she did.  She only made it bc Kelli thought "she was so darn pretty". 

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, mizzhyer said:

I completely agree!  Morgan was too much of a whiner to suit me and Kaitlyn...ugh...she shouldn't have made it as far as she did.  She only made it bc Kelli thought "she was so darn pretty". 

I thought her face was similar to a pugs face. You know, scrunched up!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 6/7/2020 at 8:04 PM, Spunkyyy said:

OMG this is HILARIOUS. They’re gonna pop up on some of those D-list relationship reality shows. 

I remember when Steve was just a sales rep serving sheets and bedding at JCPenney...before he struck reality gold. I always thought he was such a sleaze ball in person. Oh, glory. Thank you for the belly laugh this morning. 

KD comes across to me as such a good friend with a good heart, even tho she’s all kinds of extra and over the top...he is NOT AT ALL what I pictured for her. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, kalibean said:

OMG this is HILARIOUS. They’re gonna pop up on some of those D-list relationship reality shows. 

I remember when Steve was just a sales rep serving sheets and bedding at JCPenney...before he struck reality gold. I always thought he was such a sleaze ball in person. Oh, glory. Thank you for the belly laugh this morning. 

KD comes across to me as such a good friend with a good heart, even tho she’s all kinds of extra and over the top...he is NOT AT ALL what I pictured for her. 

She was a guest on his podcast in April. I think they have a nice chemistry. Good for them.

On 6/8/2020 at 3:34 AM, DCCFan197605 said:

Nope.  That was 2011.  Some may argue a straight blowout is optimal Cassie, but I prefer 2010 and 2012.

9FA8620E-BD8E-4693-929B-D7D714C7E209.jpeg

F7030E42-D48D-4608-87EB-D1AFF9A1BE67.jpeg

3E5E78BF-98FE-4DED-AB41-21C192B8EE42.jpeg

That middle pic looks like she was photoshopped in. Her hair is blowing but no one else’s is moving.  Weird. 

6 minutes ago, mizzhyer said:

Quick question...I am having a mind blank...was Loni Lindsey cut in Finals when she returned for her second year? 

She didn't try out again after the one year.  You might be thinking of Kelli Jo who was cut.

I have a quick question too - Does anyone know why Kyndall never came back even tho at her second cut she said 4th times a charm, and Kelly told her to come back. I always wonder why she didn't  come back. 

14 hours ago, jlc said:

I have a quick question too - Does anyone know why Kyndall never came back even tho at her second cut she said 4th times a charm, and Kelly told her to come back. I always wonder why she didn't  come back. 

I guess she just decided to move on....maybe she just couldn't stand the thought of possibly being cut a third time.  😞

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, mizzhyer said:

I guess she just decided to move on....maybe she just couldn't stand the thought of possibly being cut a third time.  😞

That's what I assumed as well. Getting cut on the last night of camp twice would really mess with a person. It seems like she just wasn't a fit for the team (for whatever reason - I think she was great), so why go through another three months of craziness when you might not make it again?

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

That's what I assumed as well. Getting cut on the last night of camp twice would really mess with a person. It seems like she just wasn't a fit for the team (for whatever reason - I think she was great), so why go through another three months of craziness when you might not make it again?

I thought she was great as well 🙂

• Love 1