Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I haven't listened to one single podcast.  After reading your description, I'm not sure I ever will.

They are probably trying to make us sorry we criticized Shannon and Courtney🤣🤣

• LOL 5
6 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

They are probably trying to make us sorry we criticized Shannon and Courtney🤣🤣

Which really sucks (tm Cassie) because I liked both of them!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

More season 13 thoughts.

Tara's cut was so sad, she seemed so shocked (understandably) but was so gracious.

I like how they show more of the other staff in this series. Obviously Shelly, but also Katy, Jenelle, and JennK. Was just nice that we saw more of the other people.

I also think they dealt with VK in the best way here. In auditions she was treated like a shining star. In training camp I think they called her out properly, yes she was given 1000x more opportunities than anyone else, but they did call her out for her immaturity.

I never finished season 14 due to the nepotism, and the Jailyn incident, so it will be interesting of I make it through that.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

It's as bad as the Just 4 Kicks podcasts that now run over an hour.  I think Kelli is going overboard on trying to prove she has a fun side.  You have to fast forward thru the first 15 minutes to avoid listening to her, Judy and the "Lifestyles of the Rich and Annoying"

I’ve hit or miss with those. They’re way too long. The first couple with Oscar predictions I sped through that crap until they actually talked about DCC. 
Watched most of the Mother’s Day one bc I wanted to hear what Sam and Haley said about not auditioning. But sped through all the Charlotte gushing about everything. Also hate to beat a dead horse but Cassie has become really unattractive. Like I don’t know if she’s gained weight or had some fillers but dang round face no lips and squinty eyes. I’m like how the heck was she a DCC? 

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:
Watched most of the Mother’s Day one bc I wanted to hear what Sam and Haley said about not auditioning. But sped through all the Charlotte gushing about everything. Also hate to beat a dead horse but Cassie has become really unattractive. Like I don’t know if she’s gained weight or had some fillers but dang round face no lips and squinty eyes. I’m like how the heck was she a DCC? 

What did they say about not auditioning?

35 minutes ago, DCCFan123 said:

What did they say about not auditioning?

Sam knew she didn’t have the God given talent to be a DCC and wasn’t going to put her mom into an uncomfortable position.  Haley knew she didn’t have flexibility for kicks and I think she stopped dancing after high school.

• Useful 3
2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Sam knew she didn’t have the God given talent to be a DCC and wasn’t going to put her mom into an uncomfortable position.  Haley knew she didn’t have flexibility for kicks and I think she stopped dancing after high school.

Thanks!!

• Love 1

Rewatching Season 7 and 8... I always wonder what on earth happened to Chelsea between those 2 years. She really did a 180 between the “this is such an amazing organization and Ill be here forever” to “You want me to stay at that weight...haha! I’ll just be one of the fatties.” I mean, the puffery always seemed a bit fake in season 7, but goodness, she did a complete 180 to not even pretending to give a damn. I get how some of the girls get lax and become disillusioned with all of the rules as the years go on, but she was just a second year. Maybe she thought that she was such a favorite that Kelli would look past her mocking their meeting on camera (It would be one thing if it was off camera and someone ratted her out), but idk. It was comical and entertaining to watch, but odd behavior from someone if she really wanted to be on the team.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

It was comical and entertaining to watch, but odd behavior from someone if she really wanted to be on the team.

She was very odd. I think when she realized that just getting on the team didn't mean the hard work was over she was over it. She just doesn't strike me as the type who wanted it badly enough to actually work for it. 

Watching her talking with zero emotion about how much this means to her and how much she wants to be part of the team leaves me thinking she is either used to getting what she want just by saying they want it (spoiled). or she just want to be on tv/famous and was just using this as a way to get that. 

I will never not love when Kelli asks her about partying and she denies it then asks "You never drink?" and she's all "oh, yeah, sure, on weekends" like weekends don't count or something. Girl is either entitled, delusional or a pathological liar. Not sure which, nor do I care. She made for some hilariously cringy moments but I never need to see her again. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 5/1/2020 at 8:50 AM, Jessied84 said:

Why do they now skip over some of the previously shown performances - like the show group performance with Big and Rich and the Komen halftime show from season 7? Has anyone else noticed that? They show all the prep/practice (like for the Komen show) and also show everything leading up to walking out. Even with the Big and Rich performance, going into the commercial break they show them introducing the cheerleaders...then boom - cut - now we're back in the locker room and it's all over.

I noticed this when I watched episodes on iTunes after they had aired on the CMT website. I don't know the reason, but it sucks, and this is why I try to watch episodes when they first come online whenever CMT is feeling generous and makes the new season episodes open access.

Thank you for the Pluto discovery! I read folks talking about it here all the time, but I guess I wasn't too motivated to try until this pandemic, as I have a couple of seasons on iTunes--but I'm tired of those seasons and this is such a fun trip down memory lane!

• Love 4

I think Chelsea was able to talk her way into anything her entire life.   And the. When she made them team , but not show group , she may have realized she wasn’t the nest thing since sliced bread and wasn’t going to be one of the traveling dcc.  

• Love 2

Speaking of Chelsea, when Kelli cut her she told her to take the year to mature & come back.  I have wondered if she would have made it back if she took Kelli up on it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, go4luca said:

Dayton posted this on her IG story.  I absolutely love her dress!

@ShellyB, was this for her prom?

Dayton Prom?_PTV.jpg

Thank you! This dress/kilt was for his Prom. The pic below is her Prom. 

B1EC2DD7-9288-488B-904D-B3419186B37B.jpeg

• Love 19
11 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

Dayton is her usual gorgeous self.  He is very handsome.  And I really like those pics behind them 😂

• Love 6
4 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Dayton is her usual gorgeous self.  He is very handsome.  And I really like those pics behind them 😂

Courtesy of my MIL, she’s a very talented artist! 

• Love 10
11 hours ago, ShellyB said:

I think they are such a sweet looking couple and Dayton is absolutely stunning!! 

• Love 4
On 5/21/2020 at 6:34 PM, ByTor said:

Speaking of Chelsea, when Kelli cut her she told her to take the year to mature & come back.  I have wondered if she would have made it back if she took Kelli up on it.

I’m thinking...if she had tried out again...and was still ‘clunky’ in her dancing...probably not. Plus, I feel that they would see her as a ‘trouble maker’/non team player. Just my thoughts. I actually liked Chelsea and was sad when she was cut. 

• Love 1

I just finished watching part (OK, most) of season 1 for my first time ever on Pluto & I'm just beside myself! Apparently, Nicole H. already was a rockstar vet by the time the show started. I cannot believe Megan F.'s painfully inarticulate book report on Jackie O.--just wow. It was really fun to see some of the first segments and the first MTT rookie class. Now I see what folks mean about too much focus on Jay's fitness segments. There were a lot of them! Fun seeing Larry Brown (wow!) and the other player come test the girls and Yoshiko asking what "Yee haw" means. One thing I'd love to see them bring back to the show that I saw on one of the later episodes of season 1: After each group of rookies danced on the practice field, Kelli asked the vets, "Which rookie is game ready?" Interestingly, the vets always were right about who they said--Kelli and Judy agreed with them each time. I really like it whenever we can hear vets' opinions on rookies and see them working with the rookies and groups. 

Whew! Watching that took up much of my morning, but I've never seen seasons 1 or 2, so it was worth the time investment, haha. But I'll have to wait until another time that season 2 comes around. I need a break!

That said, season 2 is starting on Pluto now--I know lots of other folks here are like me and haven't managed to see it yet.

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, M1977G said:

I cannot believe Megan F.'s painfully inarticulate book report on Jackie O.--just wow.

That poor girl was a hot mess. That report was the single worst thing I've seen on this show. I kind of wish they just let her go and told her not to come back. I feel like she was just wasting her time as well as theirs. It was never going to happen. 

I started watching the show at season maybe 11 or 12, when it was all shiny and polished. Watching Season 1 was fascinating. No bedazzled training uniforms, no body-con dresses for Kelli, she was in cropped jeans at one point! The horror!!!!! Even Judy's hair was just there and not it's own amazing creature. (seriously, I covet that woman's golden mane) lol

It felt a lot more real and down to earth. Now it is clearly a show for the sake of being a show, where then it was more of a peak behind the curtain, a documentary about making a cheer leading team. Now at least half (probably more) of the women are there to be on TV while then no one knew if the show would even be watched. It is interesting to see the original after seeing the later seasons first. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Just UGH....Episode 801:  Does Kathryn Dunn EVER not cry during an interview??????

She was even more annoying, to me, than Vivian.  I cringe everytime I hear her talk or see her cry. 

• Love 2
On 5/27/2020 at 7:34 AM, mizzhyer said:

She was even more annoying, to me, than Vivian.  I cringe everytime I hear her talk or see her cry. 

I agree. A bad dancer and I don't see how she made the Mavs for 2 or 3 years.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 5/27/2020 at 8:34 AM, mizzhyer said:

Vivian was also a far better dancer. For all of Vivian’s dramatics, I thought she was strong in the DCC style. Kathryn...not at all, and while she is certainly a beautiful girl, the team has never had a shortage of pretty girls, so I didn’t get why looks got her into TC the second time.

I always thought it was interesting that Kathryn went on Big Brother, which has a rabid fanbase and provides zero privacy to the contestants. Wasn’t she one who was upset about being discussed on the boards a few years ago?

• Love 5
2 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

She never really danced Much with them just mainly did promo stuff.

If you look at DMD youtube videos the years she was on, there's very few with her in.

2 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Wasn’t she one who was upset about being discussed on the boards a few years ago?

Who?  Schmathryn Schmunn??  If I remember right, she had Google alerts set up or something.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 5/6/2020 at 1:37 PM, mizzhyer said:

She could have corrected her "waddle" as Judy called it, she was a good dancer, was absolutely gorgeous and she would have been a fine ambassador.  I think she would have been at least a 3 year person if she had been given the chance.  I don't think they would have regretted it.

They gave her plenty of feedback and chances to correct her waddle, but she continued to dance weird and she couldn't seem to break the habit of sounding rehearsed when she spoke. She came back for Season 10 and hadn't improved, so she didn't make it past finals.

She is absolutely gorgeous; I'll grant you that!

• Love 2
(edited)
On 4/29/2020 at 7:23 PM, Meleighsa said:

It's almost shocking to her and Judy dressed so casually. I'm a fan either way.

I do like that Jay is equal opportunity about his health assessments. He doesn't play favorites and you always know where you stand with him.

Re: Jay, this. This so much. He's all about the lean and mean, and nobody gets a pass whether their uncle paid for the dance floor or not. I have so much respect for Jay.

Yeah, I think Kelli and Judy must've gotten a makeup and wardrobe budget bump after season 1! 😜

What I can't get over while watching Season 1 is:

- Kelli calling in girls into the office herself, rather than having a staff member bring them in. I'd think it would be more intimidating to be called into Kelli's office by one of her people. So Kelli got a wardrobe boost and a bump up in power, too.

- How so few of the veterans and TCCs could barely sexy walk across the floor.

- While the dancing skills may not have been as strong back then, I think the girls were more supple and their kicks were better than they were in subsequent seasons.

- Everyone wearing their own practice clothes. Visually a mess. It was a very good move having them in pink and blue, respectively.

On 4/29/2020 at 6:27 PM, TennInTexas said:

3) Or Kallie Fullerton's eye make up. Never saw what they saw in her. Is it just me or does she look older than she likely is?

4) Natalie Woods is a godess. She seems so poised, classy and real. 

Natalie Woods, I agree. Out of this world incredible.

I think Kalli Fullerton had a lot of qualities Kelli has always wanted in a DCC: intelligent, educated, passionate about the DCC, clean cut. And those long legs God gave her, too.

Edited by Maven
Added additional comments re: season 1
  • Love 4
On 3/11/2020 at 5:11 AM, DCC-UK said:

Whilst she was never the best dancer on the team, she had a certain sparkle about her. She seemed very personable to send out on appearances and did quite a few TV interviews, usually reserved for show group. I think she's one of the best ambassadors they've ever had. 

Absolutely. Danielle had a face and a smile that would light up a room. You can tell that TPTB thought so, using her image in the HD opening video at games introducing the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders, right before the DCC make their big entrance.

• Love 6
On 4/15/2020 at 12:13 PM, MelissaMinion said:

I'm watching season 8 on Pluto right now (Vivian, volume 1.)

SONG request: 

The makeover episode, where Jenelle almost has to have a short bob....the background song is so catchy, but I can't catch enough of the lyrics to find it anywhere. Is anyone familiar with the song? 

It's Electricity by Ashley Jana: https://music.apple.com/us/album/electricity/1497482509?i=1497482510

• Useful 2
11 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Is it me or did they not do a !%@& thing to Brandi Kilby her first time getting a makeover (Episode 305)? 

They didn't; maybe they knew she was going to get cut. In season 4 (when she made it) they straightened her hair. I always wondered if that could have been a reason why she didn't audition again.

• Love 1

Totally random question- I was rewatching season 12 last night, and the very first routine they learn in training camp (episode 4) which has the "peel the banana" thing... what routine is that?? I couldn't find it anywhere on YouTube. I like to see what actual song some of these dances go with, which ends up making them look way better than the weird music CMT puts with them 

• Love 1
16 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Is it me or did they not do a !%@& thing to Brandi Kilby her first time getting a makeover (Episode 305)? 

Half the time they will show the before after and the girl talking about how she feels like a totally different person and I look at her like "hun, you don't look different at all, they just trimmed your hair."

• Love 4

Binging Pluto again lol.

First I hate the Jay segments. I like him b way too many and too long plus that dumbass body fat bullshit makes me stabby. If a girl looks fit then who cares if her body fat is 2 percent higher his calculations. 
Second watching Jenna, Danielle, etc rookie season. Love Danielle and Jasmine but they got in on the novelty of being Jets. Both stepped up but were kinda meh.

Also knowing now how things transpired with Jenna, she def comes off more arrogant than confident. Also wondering why they focused on her stepdad being military more than her real dad working with Michael freakin Jackson etc.

last yesterday watched Them be so rough on Brandi Kilby who I think was actually really naturally pretty. Like more model facial structure than pageant cutesy. Still trying to figure out why she screamed stripper. So many other girls I’d thjnk stripper over her - Danielle, Carissa that lived in her car and didn’t make it, LONI LINDSAY, I don’t even know who else. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Still trying to figure out why she screamed stripper. 

Because Kelli didn't like her.  And she didn't cut her fingernails/remove her false nails when Kelli first asked her to so she was looking for any reason to cut her at that point.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:
13 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Still trying to figure out why she screamed stripper. 

Because Kelli didn't like her.  And she didn't cut her fingernails/remove her false nails when Kelli first asked her to so she was looking for any reason to cut her at that point.

giphy.gif

• Love 2

I didn't think Ika looked like " the girl last night" either. I know she had inappropriate pics, but her general appearance was pretty standard to me. I feel like Kelli just comes up with labels for girls that she doesn't really like. 

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I didn't think Ika looked like " the girl last night" either. I know she had inappropriate pics, but her general appearance was pretty standard to me. I feel like Kelli just comes up with labels for girls that she doesn't really like. 

Seriously, I thought Ika was very pretty, I didn't see anything about her look that screamed "trashy."

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Same situation as Brandi K.  If Kelli doesn't like you she's going to find any reason she can (legit or not) to cut you.  And Ika not smiling when she danced and "flirting with the floor" didn't help her chances either.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I agree. I couldn't  believe Kelly called her "the girl last night." Her comments after cutting a girl are usually always derogatory, but that was really uncalled for, in my opinion. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Same situation as Brandi K.  If Kelli doesn't like you she's going to find any reason she can (legit or not) to cut you.  And Ika not smiling when she danced and "flirting with the floor" didn't help her chances either.

Kelli seemed to treat her better in season 4. She even admitted it at auditions.

Was it Kelli or Judy who said Ika danced like she had a stick in her neck?