Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

I often wonder how some of these women feel after seeing their episodes air and the commentary that goes on with K&J and/or the judges.  I know they signed up for this but still, it must cut deep for some.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
12 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I often wonder how some of these women feel after seeing their episodes air and the commentary that goes on with K&J and/or the judges.  I know they signed up for this but still, it must cut deep for some.

Unless you are Vivian - then you go on a podcast, start a fundraiser and use the experience to create more material for all of your social media accounts🤷‍♀️

Edited by scorpio1031
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Unless you are Vivian - then you go on a podcast, start a fundraiser and use it to create more material for your IG🤷‍♀️

I won't even touch that one.  I know it would get me in trouble.  😅

• LOL 3
19 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

She could have corrected her "waddle" as Judy called it, she was a good dancer, was absolutely gorgeous and she would have been a fine ambassador.  I think she would have been at least a 3 year person if she had been given the chance.  I don't think they would have regretted it.

Yeah the waddle made me cringe a little but agree that could have been corrected ... they thought she was fake but she came across and sweet and approachable. She was there to be a cheerleader unlike the sisters in season 4 got in and the bailed ... that was 2 spots for someone else to have a shot at training camp .

• Love 5
23 hours ago, go4luca said:
23 hours ago, Nelliephant said:

Sorry for my very long rant, this is what drinking and forum reading does (don't worry I'm in the UK, it's evening here!)

Thanks for the chuckle.  No judgement from this end.  Quarantine does things to people. 

No judgement here either.  It’s always evening somewhere. 

• LOL 2

Started watching again last night ... I can see why Vivian made fans choice the first time   She was entertaining to watch ...  having said that still have never heard the poem 

19 minutes ago, dariafan said:

Started watching again last night ... I can see why Vivian made fans choice the first time   She was entertaining to watch ...  having said that still have never heard the poem 

Once you see it, you can never forget.  Definitely an "out there" Twilight Zone® type of moment.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Binging on Pluto and it’s Tasha, Tess, Yuko, Maddie Etc. rookie season. 

Wondering why they didn’t keep Tess’s hair curly bc they curled it during her makeover. Did not remember her nautical hair is that coarse/curly a whole lot like mine. I guess they had Nicole and Maddie for the curly hair. 

• Love 1
18 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Binging on Pluto and it’s Tasha, Tess, Yuko, Maddie Etc. rookie season. 

Wondering why they didn’t keep Tess’s hair curly bc they curled it during her makeover. Did not remember her nautical hair is that coarse/curly a whole lot like mine. I guess they had Nicole and Maddie for the curly hair. 

They did that to a couple of girls. I think Paige was one of them. At the makeover they're all like "Nooooo don't hide your natural curl!" and then 2 episodes later they go back to having straight hair. I know they have to get permission before dyeing their hair, but I wonder if the exact style they wear it in is that tightly controlled as well.

• Love 4

Saturday night self isolation musings: have any of the cheerleaders in recent times not been Christian? I suppose there have been some who are atheist but go ahead with the religious things like saying the lord's prayer before games, but have any of them been Jewish, or another religion?

Lots of people, in the UK at least, are raised atheist, so I find all the religion stuff quite odd for a sports team.

• Love 4
(edited)

I’m just catching up (retail worker for a luxury dept store helping customers online - you wouldn’t believe what I’m seeing!)

I’m obviously not going to speak for anyone else but here’s my two cents on the difference between the current raging nepotism and the favoritism of the past...

The Morgan’s, Kali’s, take your pick, didn’t ACT like they were favorites and could do no wrong. They didn’t treat their peers like crap or tattle to their mom about them. They didn’t expect to be on SHOW GROUP as rookies or behave inappropriately in the office with Kelli and Judy. In fact, I recall Kelli even saying Morgan was a locker room favorite and it was clear Kali was also very well liked. 

I won’t dispute that a lot of this is TPTB shoving her down our throats and I do not blame Victoria for that. I absolutely blame her for her behavior and narcissism that has made one of my long time favorite shows almost completely unwatchable at this point.

Edited by Stephieg84
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, Nelliephant said:

Saturday night self isolation musings: have any of the cheerleaders in recent times not been Christian? I suppose there have been some who are atheist but go ahead with the religious things like saying the lord's prayer before games, but have any of them been Jewish, or another religion?

Lots of people, in the UK at least, are raised atheist, so I find all the religion stuff quite odd for a sports team.

Wasn't Jinelle Jewish? 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

Does anyone have a clip when Kelsey finally nailed her interview and Brenda replied with GIRLFRIEND!

I don't have a clip (but I love that scene!), but I do think that Kelsey was one of the prettiest girls they've ever had on the team.  A Google search of recent photos shows that seems to have plastic surgeried herself to death.  Too bad.  😞

• Love 6
(edited)

Rewatching season 13. I have never rewatched it due to my annoyance at VK stuff, but I forgot how amazing the 2018 rookies were. They are definitely my favourite group of recent times.

And jinelles office visit made me tear up a little. I know she was basically on the squad that final year, but hearing Kelly and Judy tell her how great she was is just lovely.

Edited by Nelliephant
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

Wasn't Jinelle Jewish? 

Jinelle definitely was, and I believe Abigail Klein was as well. Both Jordan Baum and Melissa Kellerman have Jewish sounding names so they're possibly Jewish. Kim Nicole married an observant Jewish man; I don't know if she converted but she posts pictures on her Instagram of Jewish New Year celebrations, baking challah, and Passover Seders.

(edited)
1 hour ago, kalibean said:

I believe Kim N practices Judaism as well, and speaks fluent Hebrew.  IIRC she’s mixed race and half Israeli maybe? Super cool lady all in all. Low key favorite. 

If you're talking about the girl that's a physical therapist/assistant (didn't they call on her when TCC Tessa went down?), she's Chinese/Israeli.

Only other thing I remember about her is Kelli called her out during the last rehearsal her rookie year for being the "weakest one in that group"

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
Added something.
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, kalibean said:

I believe Kim N practices Judaism as well, and speaks fluent Hebrew.  IIRC she’s mixed race and half Israeli maybe? Super cool lady all in all. Low key favorite. 

She spoke some Hebrew for them during her rookie interview after telling them she spoke fluent Hebrew.  I think you are correct on being half Israeli.  🙂 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

If you're talking about the girl that's a physical therapist/assistant (didn't they call on her when TCC Tessa went down?), she's Chinese/Israeli.

Only other thing I remember about her is Kelli called her out during the last rehearsal her rookie year for being the "weakest one in that group"

I always felt like they dumped on Kim a LOT, for some reason.  

• Love 2
16 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Wasn't she also one of the "fatties" that was pulled from cameo photos the next year?  I always liked her, she seemed very intelligent.

• Love 8
(edited)

Episode 1108 at the Star grand opening: WHY do K & J (especially K) ALWAYS seem to say things to the girls before performances that would scare the shit out of them (like reminding whichever one it was that she was dancing "right in front of the Jonses")

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
can't type or spell today
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, aeroluv327 said:

Wasn't she also one of the "fatties" that was pulled from cameo photos the next year?  I always liked her, she seemed very intelligent.

I think so.  The "fatties" I remember (which doesn't mean it's necessarily correct LOL) were Chelsea, Danielle, Jennifer Colvin, Kim, and Paige.

• Love 2

Is the reason for various seasons taking more or less 36 is it depending on the physical health of the veterans? In years past season 5 in particular had less than 36 and yet 3 veterans went down with injuries before a game ... just trying to figure out why some seasons more and some 36 or less ???? Season 11 had 37 because they want Kelsey and Yuko and yet season 12 could not make space for Taryn  ???

47 minutes ago, H3705 said:

Is the reason for various seasons taking more or less 36 is it depending on the physical health of the veterans? In years past season 5 in particular had less than 36 and yet 3 veterans went down with injuries before a game ... just trying to figure out why some seasons more and some 36 or less ???? Season 11 had 37 because they want Kelsey and Yuko and yet season 12 could not make space for Taryn  ???

I may be wrong but I think at some point Charlotte mandated the squad be no more than 36.  I thought it had to do with the ladies all getting an increase in pay and this was how the organization countered, by keeping the squad to 36 or less.  But then last season, they did go with 37 except Charlotte said only 36 could be on the field.  So did the one sitting out not get paid?

• Useful 1
1 minute ago, go4luca said:

I may be wrong but I think at some point Charlotte mandated the squad be no more than 36.  I thought it had to do with the ladies all getting an increase in pay and this was how the organization countered, by keeping the squad to 36 or less.  But then last season, they did go with 37 except Charlotte said only 36 could be on the field.  So did the one sitting out not get paid?

Which doesn’t make sense cause they usually had to be there anyway.  I mean, if you are still required to be at the stadium on game day, you should be paid for your time.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Which doesn’t make sense cause they usually had to be there anyway.  I mean, if you are still required to be at the stadium on game day, you should be paid for your time.

I think a few times though, one was absent for a pre-approved reason.  But I do agree, if required to be present (whatever the capacity, ie:  note taking, they should be paid).

• Love 1
17 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

🙄

16 hours ago, kalibean said:

Hold up...47 MINUTES!?! Nope. NOPE. 

I clicked randomly along, but I couldn't listen to more than 2 words at a time before I stopped. 

If anybody can focus enough to listen to the whole thing, power to you! 

7 hours ago, go4luca said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the only reason they went to 37 last year was because Meredith would have been cut otherwise.  If she truly IS connected to the Jones family in some way, I could see Charlotte pulling some strings to expand to 37.  Same thing would have happened if Victoria had been number 37 the year before instead of number 39 or 40.  She would likely have made the squad instead of being cut despite all her hijinks and excuses that year.

(edited)
7 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the only reason they went to 37 last year was because Meredith would have been cut otherwise.  If she truly IS connected to the Jones family in some way, I could see Charlotte pulling some strings to expand to 37.  Same thing would have happened if Victoria had been number 37 the year before instead of number 39 or 40.  She would likely have made the squad instead of being cut despite all her hijinks and excuses that year.

Do rookies make the same as upper vets?  Could be it's cheaper to use a rookie to fill in if needed over using an All Star like Jinelle during all the games she filled in after she "retired".

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Do rookies make the same as upper vets?  Could be it's cheaper to use a rookie to fill in if needed over using an Allstar like Jinelle during all the games she filled in after she "retired".

They make the same amount - it's only different for appearances.  But I do remember Shelly saying that it cost more to use All Stars, which make sense since a current DCC makes $400 a game, and an All Star who retired after five years makes $500 an appearance.  I wonder if All Stars were included in any type of pay raise if they are needed for a game - cause you are basically asking these women to be ready to do jump splits at a moments notice, when maybe they haven't done them in awhile.

20 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

They make the same amount - it's only different for appearances.  But I do remember Shelly saying that it cost more to use All Stars, which make sense since a current DCC makes $400 a game, and an All Star who retired after five years makes $500 an appearance.  I wonder if All Stars were included in any type of pay raise if they are needed for a game - cause you are basically asking these women to be ready to do jump splits at a moments notice, when maybe they haven't done them in awhile.

Then it's cheaper to use a rookie than an All Star.  

• Love 1
10 hours ago, go4luca said:

So did the one sitting out not get paid?

Every girl who is on the team and goes to the game gets paid regardless of whether she is on the field or if she sits out. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Evidently Kat Rogers did a series of videos called "Ballet Body Sculpt" that's available for purchase on Amazon.  $1.99 per episode.

I think they are free still on YouTube.

On 5/11/2020 at 5:36 PM, kalibean said:

Hold up...47 MINUTES!?! Nope. NOPE. 

How about watching her 24 minute video on how to tell if you are dating a narcissist?  That just came out today🤣

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

How about watching her 24 minute video on how to tell if you are dating a narcissist?  That just came out today🤣

🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
(edited)

My continued re watch of season 13. I forgot my love of Hannah. She seems such a genuine nice person, it's so pretty, and of course an amazing dancer. I can see her being a good spokes person if she stays around a long time. 

Edited by Nelliephant
  • Love 4

Binging season 1 on Pluto with Brooke, melissa Rycroft, Kandi, Derryn, Yoshiko etc and dang so many of the vets and rookies would not stand a chance now. The level of fitness and dance has gone through the roof since then. Some of these girls are pitiful compared to now.

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Binging season 1 on Pluto with Brooke, melissa Rycroft, Kandi, Derryn, Yoshiko etc and dang so many of the vets and rookies would not stand a chance now. The level of fitness and dance has gone through the roof since then. Some of these girls are pitiful compared to now.

I think Dulce and her abs might have a chance:)

• Love 7
36 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Just imagine how long it would have been had it not been "brief."

It's as bad as the Just 4 Kicks podcasts that now run over an hour.  I think Kelli is going overboard on trying to prove she has a fun side.  You have to fast forward thru the first 15 minutes to avoid listening to her, Judy and the "Lifestyles of the Rich and Annoying"

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

It's as bad as the Just 4 Kicks podcasts that now run over an hour.  I think Kelli is going overboard on trying to prove she has a fun side.  You have to fast forward thru the first 15 minutes to avoid listening to her, Judy and the "Lifestyles of the Rich and Annoying"

I haven't listened to one single podcast.  After reading your description, I'm not sure I ever will.

• Love 4