Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Pj3422 said:

Thanks for saving me a lot of blather about Big Brother. I did enjoy hearing her talking about the pay structure of the Dallas sports team dancers.

You're welcome. I wasn't going to listen to a 2 hour interview with her.

• Useful 1
On 4/24/2020 at 1:52 PM, Pj3422 said:

Anybody follow Reality Steve? His podcast guest this week is Kathryn Dunn.  I haven’t listened yet, so I don’t know if she talks about her time as a TCC, but she does talk about being a Mavs dancer.

Thanks for posting about this. I went looking for it out of boredom but it was a lot more interesting than I expected. I thought she made a lot of really good points about the problems with pro dance teams as they stand now and how anyone good enough to land a spot on one of them could just do social media influencing instead and make a lot more money.

Also had no idea they actually taped themselves up in their dance outfits to prevent wardrobe malfunctions, so ya learn something new every day.

• Love 2

Thank you all so much for telling me that DCC:MTT is on Pluto TV. Really appreciate it. Can I search and watch the DCC:MTT episodes on demand, or do I just have to watch them as they show them? (I don't see DCC:MFF in the on demand offerings.)

Can I search and watch the DCC:MTT episodes on demand, or do I just have to watch them as they show them?

You just have to watch as Pluto presents them.  They cycle through seasons 1 through 12 consecutively (with the occasional Pluto blooper of omitting a scene or an episode).  Right now CMT has Season 14 available to watch for free with no sign on -- with that you can control what episodes to watch and when.  

So as far as I am aware, Season 13 is the only one not available for no cost and/or no log-in right now. 

Let us know when you get your life back after falling into the Pluto binge watching addiction -- we are all survivors and are here for you!

Edited by PattiD4DCC
  • LOL 13
7 hours ago, Nelliephant said:

Rewatching some old series, general questions: who was there for the not years? Was this Sydney with 7? Also who is the most senior vet to get cut? I remember jasmine being cut after her 3rd year.

I believe Vonciel Baker has her beat by a year.....have no idea about the most senior vet to get cut though.  Three-year girls are the ones with the most seniority I know of (most of what I do know is admittedly just through the show, so I'm quite sure there must have been others).

• Love 1
On 4/24/2020 at 3:14 PM, MrsEVH said:

Picture from his site

image.png.5f3246bb8ea638a16df815764b1f3efe.png

Oh that's "classy" (can I insert a Texas sized eye roll here??)...I wish she would just go away.  She annoys me more than Vivian.  😉

12 hours ago, rungirl46 said:

Watching season 2 on Pluto TV now.  It makes me FURIOUS that Kelly & Judy were upset with Melissa Rycroft for not being energetic at practice because she had mono!  

That's the only time I've ever been on MR's side.... the rest of the time....meh.  She annoys the heck out of me. 

14 hours ago, raindancer said:

I believe Vonciel Baker has her beat by a year.....have no idea about the most senior vet to get cut though.  Three-year girls are the ones with the most seniority I know of (most of what I do know is admittedly just through the show, so I'm quite sure there must have been others).

Vonciel was an 8 yr vet and her sister (Vanessa I think is her name)  is a part of the 7 year club.

• Love 3
On 4/25/2020 at 2:06 AM, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Episode 804:  When Tessa went down.  Is/was Vet Kim Tong a Physical Therapist?

I think she was "studying" it or may be was an assistant?  I don't think she was actually a PT though. 

On 4/25/2020 at 12:36 PM, parrotfeathers said:

Brianna did a good job on her interview.  No "like," "basically" or "you knows".

She is a very well spoken young woman...even when they would talk to her in the office, she always came across as put together.  They can't say that about 3/4 of them. 

• Love 4
22 hours ago, Nelliephant said:

Rewatching some old series, general questions: who was there for the not years? Was this Sydney with 7? Also who is the most senior vet to get cut? I remember jasmine being cut after her 3rd year.

She is the most senior vet I can think of that was cut since the show started.

1 hour ago, mizzhyer said:

She is the most senior vet I can think of that was cut since the show started.

Erica was cut during training camp her 4th season. It wasn’t for performance or weight, but technically, I think she is the most senior vet who has been cut. She was also a group leader at the time, but the show edited that out. 

It’s definitely rare for cuts to occur after a cheerleader gets passed auditions following her rookie season... Rayley, Alex H, Jasmine, Selena, Erica, Tara, Chelsea, Hannah, Kaitlin (I think that was her name - Nicole Bulcher’s ftiend), and Caila are the only ones who come to mind. I may be missing some people though, and I think it was the 3rd season where several vets were cut at auditions. I can’t remember if any of them were 2 or 3 year girls, or if all were rookies. 

2 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Erica was cut during training camp her 4th season.

I'm not remembering the details, but Erica did get cut?  I assumed she resigned & then filed the lawsuit. Or did we think it was a retali-suit for her being cut?

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

I'm not remembering the details, but Erica did get cut?  I assumed she resigned & then filed the lawsuit. Or did we think it was a retali-suit for her being cut?

She was cut and insiders here said that after the drama with Jenna and Holly, the show just wanted to move on.  I can’t remember if it was here or Facebook, but someone said that not giving Erica more screen time was also a factor.  And since her cut wasn’t shown, she was able to say she quit cause of her injury thinking no one would know the truth.  Hello social media!!!!

• Useful 2
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

That was what I thought as well.  I just figured she resigned....I'm like you...makes more sense now 🙂

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Love 1

I just re-watched the auditions for Season 3...that was a bloodbath.  And I'm pretty sure it was Carmen who joked about none of the veterans getting cut that day!  She would have been a fourth year, same as Jasmine when she was cut in season 10.

Woooooo, season 12 HOT MESS.  

• Love 1
9 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Marshall has discussed some stuff on Facebook - this morning even.  He is so not a fan of hers😂

I am so wishing I could find whatever that is, for no other reason beyond the fact that I am ridiculously nosy and I also love tea 😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

Jenna should have been point over Jenn Amburn after Holly retired. She also should have gone to pro bowl. 

Also, how in the hell did Stephanie Heyman make the team? Was it because she was Brooke’s friend?

I'm pretty sure that she mainly made it because of Brooke.  I could have sworn she got cut the next year at finals (after Brooke retired) but I don't see her on the list of cut veterans.  Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

Jenna should have been point over Jenn Amburn after Holly retired. She also should have gone to pro bowl. 

Also, how in the hell did Stephanie Heyman make the team? Was it because she was Brooke’s friend?

Yeah, I always thought Stephanie was another one that got the “friend bonus.” I may not be remembering correctly as I always seem to miss that season on Pluto, but didn’t they call a bunch of vets in for weight, and they called her in with the vets? Am I imagining that? 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Yeah, I always thought Stephanie was another one that got the “friend bonus.” I may not be remembering correctly as I always seem to miss that season on Pluto, but didn’t they call a bunch of vets in for weight, and they called her in with the vets? Am I imagining that? 

No, you are correct.  That season just ticked me off.  They took Stephanie but cut Liz Reuter, whom I thought was a WAY better dancer than Stephanie.  But she was bestie's with Brooke.

• Love 8

Not sure if this was discussed did Morgan season 8 cut season 9 tryout in season 7?? When they pan the girls in semi-finals looks like that is her in yellow #61 (froze the frame LOL)

12 minutes ago, ByTor said:

What the hell was so great about Brooke that she had so much clout?  I'll never get it.

I'm still trying to figure out how a someone that just finished their rookie season could get a pass and basically sat out her whole second season.  There must be something they like about her

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, ByTor said:

What the hell was so great about Brooke that she had so much clout?  I'll never get it.

Same here!  I never saw anything appealing or great about her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I'm watching season 9, episode 4 is basically a weight related nightmare. It contains the wonderful lines of "thut" and "long American thigh". Also there must have been something else going on that they hated Hannah, she was show group her rookie year, then got cut for weight out of no where second year whereas all the other vets got "my fit foods", she wasn't even the vet who had gained the most weight.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, Nelliephant said:

I'm watching season 9, episode 4 is basically a weight related nightmare. It contains the wonderful lines of "thut" and "long American thigh". Also there must have been something else going on that they hated Hannah, she was show group her rookie year, then got cut for weight out of no where second year whereas all the other vets got "my fit foods", she wasn't even the vet who had gained the most weight.

I've always wondered this. She was such a solid dancer yet didn't get as much chance to change as others. Was it her attitude or something? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

I've always wondered this. She was such a solid dancer yet didn't get as much chance to change as others. Was it her attitude or something? 

Supposedly an ongoing issue that they had dealt with through her rookie year

2 hours ago, ByTor said:

I'm in the same boat as you.  Brooke always looked chunky (by DCC standards), and was not a great dancer.  There is no way she would make it with today's team.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

Kelli said that she had fluctuated throughout the year, but I also don’t think Hannah had the “be all about DCC” attitude enough for their liking. She had other things going on, like school, and she did sound a bit flippant about the weight gain the first time she was called into the office - especially for it to be an ongoing issue. That’s not really a put down per se, but Kelli likes to see people act like maintaining DCC standards is of the utmost importance. Also, it just seemed like Kelli didn’t like her all that much, whereas she really liked Veronica, etc. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, rl27rl said:

No, you are correct.  That season just ticked me off.  They took Stephanie but cut Liz Reuter, whom I thought was a WAY better dancer than Stephanie.  But she was bestie's with Brooke.

I don't think Stephanie needed to make it, but Liz R needed some work too.  I thought she had a mousey personality and lacked sparkle.  She could have been glammed up no problem, but I needed some personality out of that girl.  Stephanie had potential outside of being Brooke's bestie, at least, and her weight gain came across (IMO) as more like Paige's, where it shows as thickness and not necessarily jiggle.  

It's always interesting to me how similar these gals are in looks and build and how different a five pound weight gain can look.  Some are still rock solid but dense, some we see just a tiny bit move on the HD.

6 minutes ago, rungirl46 said:

I'm in the same boat as you.  Brooke always looked chunky (by DCC standards), and was not a great dancer.  There is no way she would make it with today's team.

Brooke made show group her rookie year, though.  Was it just the Miami connection?  I never had any issue with her being kept year two either, since she was injured on the job and had proven herself as a vet at appearances.

• Love 6

How many years did Hannah try out before she made it?  I know at least one, and I wonder if she hadn't made it in the past because of weight.  She finally gets the body on point, makes show group as a rookie, gains weight back straight away, has issues through her rookie year and then has an attitude on top of it.  Justifiably, probably, because no one likes to be hounded about their appearance.  And she was probably frustrated with herself too for not being able to stay on top of everything the way she had hoped, and frustration at ones self can come across poorly when confronted.   Plus she just has the body type that shows weight gain easily...small frame on long limbs.

Plenty of DCC have other important priorities...look at Melissa Wallace, plus teachers like Sasha Agent, nurses like Lauren, etc., so I don't necessarily think TPTB didn't like her because she was focused on her studies.  

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I think Stephanie did only the one year and didn't come back to auditions the next year.  She was rumored to have had a weight problem her entire time on the squad so that, plus it being Brooke's last year on the squad, probably helped her decision to be a one and done.

As for Liz Reuter, she needed to focus on her diet as much as she did her fitness, if not more.  She was exercising, but not focusing on the healthy eating which would have leaned her out to where she needed to be.  If she'd done that over the intervening year between Training Camp and auditions, she would have likely made the squad the next year.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Watching Episode 102 (Finally caught season 1 and I'm so excited!!)

few observations:

1)Kelly is thin, almost too thin, her head looks too big for her and I think she looks amazing now with a little fluff! This really shows how well she's aged, surgically enhanced or not!

2) I remember liking Brooke when the show ran, but she comes off a little ditsy (or maybe just immature?) watching it back now.

3) Can't stand Jay. Or Kallie Fullerton's eye make up. Never saw what they saw in her. Is it just me or does she look older than she likely is?

4) Natalie Woods is a godess. She seems so poised, classy and real. 

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, TennInTexas said:

2) I remember liking Brooke when the show ran, but she comes off a little ditsy (or maybe just immature?) watching it back now.

I think Brooke was the very first fan fave who made the team, and we were all rooting for her.  

41 minutes ago, TennInTexas said:

Never saw what they saw in her. Is it just me or does she look older than she likely is?

Too much makeup.  If you compare her to the other girls in TC, it's a lot!

• Love 5
50 minutes ago, TennInTexas said:

1)Kelly looks amazing now with a little fluff! This really shows how well she's aged, surgically enhanced or not!

3) Can't stand Jay. Or Kallie Fullerton's eye make up. Never saw what they saw in her. Is it just me or does she look older than she likely is?

4) Natalie Woods is a godess. She seems so poised, classy and real. 

It's almost shocking to her and Judy dressed so casually. I'm a fan either way.

I do like that Jay is equal opportunity about his health assessments. He doesn't play favorites and you always know where you stand with him.

I love Natalie's look and attitude, too.  But, I didn't appreciate her making light of the cheerleaders wanting to be paid more.

5 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Too much makeup.  If you compare her to the other girls in TC, it's a lot!

For me, Kalli just resembled some little woodland critter and her face never looked fresh to me. Personality and work ethic-sure. But, I didn't "see" her as a DCC.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, Meleighsa said:

But, I didn't appreciate her making light of the cheerleaders wanting to be paid more.

That's just one issue I have with her.  I wonder if that's why Jay wasn't on the show this past season.  He was on that same podcast when they were discussing the pay raise.  

• Love 2
On 3/11/2020 at 11:39 PM, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Does the first brunette in this video remind anybody else of Dayton & Shelly Bramhall? 

I know this is from forever ago, but this is Brittany Cherry! She was on SYTYCD and then was a troupe pro on DWTS. She also choreographed and danced in Ed Sheeran's "Thinking Out Loud" video! She comes from the same studio as Lindsay Arnold, Witney Carson, and Jenna Johnson, also all SYTYCD alums and current DWTS pros. 

Unrelated, does anyone know how to access S13? It was on CMT with a login, but now since they're offering S14 with no login and the site doesn't remember me being logged in before, I can't figure out how to log in to see if S13 will pop up. 

• Useful 1
41 minutes ago, PepperM said:

I know this is from forever ago, but this is Brittany Cherry! She was on SYTYCD and then was a troupe pro on DWTS. She also choreographed and danced in Ed Sheeran's "Thinking Out Loud" video! She comes from the same studio as Lindsay Arnold, Witney Carson, and Jenna Johnson, also all SYTYCD alums and current DWTS pros. 

Unrelated, does anyone know how to access S13? It was on CMT with a login, but now since they're offering S14 with no login and the site doesn't remember me being logged in before, I can't figure out how to log in to see if S13 will pop up. 

I figured it was Brittany C (I have NO idea who the girl is actually) right after I posted that here.  And as far as the CMT issue I think they run up to at LEAST season 12 on Pluto.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Meleighsa said:

It's almost shocking to her and Judy dressed so casually. I'm a fan either way.

I do like that Jay is equal opportunity about his health assessments. He doesn't play favorites and you always know where you stand with him.

I love Natalie's look and attitude, too.  But, I didn't appreciate her making light of the cheerleaders wanting to be paid more.

For me, Kalli just resembled some little woodland critter and her face never looked fresh to me. Personality and work ethic-sure. But, I didn't "see" her as a DCC.

Regarding Kalli ... it still bugs me this girl only had 2 votes K&J and the other blonde I forget her name (tried out with Natalie in season 2) ... the poor girl had at 6 yes and a few maybe but K&J no so they went with Kalli Fulterton instead ... so much for vote tally 🙄

• Love 6
On 4/28/2020 at 10:55 AM, ByTor said:

I liked her ok when I first watched the show....I didn't think she was the "do all be all" DCC but she was as good as any of the other blenders there.  As I have watched and rewatched (I'm almost ashamed to say how many times I've rewatched episodes lol) she has lost every bit of the initial appeal she had for me.  She certainly wasn't SG material and I truly believe Stephanie H only made the squad because she and Brooke were BFFs.  Just my opinion 🙂 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, H3705 said:

Regarding Kalli ... it still bugs me this girl only had 2 votes K&J and the other blonde I forget her name (tried out with Natalie in season 2) ... the poor girl had at 6 yes and a few maybe but K&J no so they went with Kalli Fulterton instead ... so much for vote tally 🙄

I think you're talking about Miranda and yeah. They chuck the rest of those opinions out the window when one of them likes a girl.

• Love 2