Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Was season 3 Whitney Isleib's rookie season?  Still trying to figure out how she got on the team with whatever picture Kelli had found of her.

I'm pretty sure that was her rookie year.  Wasn't that when Kelli found pictures of her wearing caution tape as a Halloween costume?  I wonder if she knew people on the inside, someone like Ika was "the girl last night", but at least she was wearing clothes in her "party-girl" pictures.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, ByTor said:

I'm pretty sure that was her rookie year.  Wasn't that when Kelli found pictures of her wearing caution tape as a Halloween costume?  I wonder if she knew people on the inside, someone like Ika was "the girl last night", but at least she was wearing clothes in her "party-girl" pictures.

Social media wasn't as pervasive then as it is now.  Whitney is also the one who got a lot of bad publicity a few years later when she dressed in blackface for a Halloween costume.  But they still kept her on the team, she was a group leader and I believe she was even point of the triangle.  I don't think the DCC could get away with that today.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, ByTor said:

I'm pretty sure that her rookie year.  Wasn't that when Kelli found pictures of her wearing caution tape as a Halloween costume?  I wonder if she knew people on the inside, someone like Ika was "the girl last night", but at least she was wearing clothes in her "party-girl" pictures.

Yeah I think that's what she was wearing.  I really couldn't get a good look at it.

20 hours ago, Gingi1976 said:

Think you’re talking about Kandi Harris. I believe she was injured, but don’t know the details.

Any idea what her injury was? Was she sidelined the entire season?

Season 12 episode 9 the one with Jenna and Holly.  Every time I watch this confrontation with Jenna bugs me a little ..not sure if its editing ... They tell Jenna she should have come to them to diffuse the Holly situation but dont expect her to tattle ... if she went to them is that not exactly what she would be doing.  I get the feeling with Jenna that they were more upset with the fact Jenna and Holly were partying together at clubs Holly was underage to get in and in turn socializing with football players . I am sure this has been discussed at nauseam but this episode in currently on and I am bored so I am picking it apart LOL!!!

• Love 3

Sorry if this is the wrong thread, but did this site get rid of all of the episode discussion threads? I’m rewatching season 12 and the whole Jenna/Holly drinking debacle and Id like to see everyone’s initial reactions as they aired. Am I missing something or are they gone forever?

6 minutes ago, jtafoya5 said:

Sorry if this is the wrong thread, but did this site get rid of all of the episode discussion threads? I’m rewatching season 12 and the whole Jenna/Holly drinking debacle and Id like to see everyone’s initial reactions as they aired. Am I missing something or are they gone forever?

Go to the topic listing page, very top it says past seasons with the season numbers underneath.  If you click on 12, you should get them all:)

12 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Go to the topic listing page, very top it says past seasons with the season numbers underneath.  If you click on 12, you should get them all:)

Bless you!! This site is difficult for me on mobile haha. Thank you so much!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Season 4.  The episode when they show the veterans apartments.  FAKE NEWS!  So obviously staged.  But Abigail Klein is gorgeous, adorable, goofy, and seemed so sweet.

Edited by KickPretty
👋🏽
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Season 6

Eka’s (or however you spell it) blush is so over the top that it could have its own thread on this site! 😂😂 How did no one ever tell her to tone that down?  She looks like a clown 🤡 

I also think Aussie Angela would not have made it had she not had that Australian accent.  The accent got her into camp.  She wasn’t that great IMO 🤷🏽‍♀️ #isaidwhatisaid 😂🤫 (She also literally said her accent got her thru the first round)

And Taylor, oh Taylor!  Lol She just a funny mess to watch!  She deserved to be cut, but she made great TV!

Edited by KickPretty
👋🏽
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, KickPretty said:

Season 6’s Eka’s (or however you spell it) blush is so over the top that it could have its own thread on this site! 😂😂 How did no one ever tell her to tone that down?  She looks like a clown 🤡 

I also think Aussie Angela would not have made it had she not had that Australian accent.  The accent got her into camp.  She wasn’t that great IMO 🤷🏽‍♀️ #isaidwhatisaid 😂🤫 (She also literally said her accent got her thru the first round)

We must both be watching PlutoTV right now, lol. I agree with you about Ika and Anglea's accent definitely helped her out.

• LOL 1
49 minutes ago, KickPretty said:

Eka’s (or however you spell it) blush is so over the top that it could have its own thread on this site! 😂😂 How did no one ever tell her to tone that down?  She looks like a clown 🤡 

Add to that Kalli Fullerton's eye makeup and Breelan's plum (eggplant) eye shadow:)

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

I'm watching season 8 on Pluto right now (Vivian, volume 1.)

Solo practice at Kitty's. I think the whole Tin Man dance was a planned play to make sure she was featured in the series. Her actual solo, done just two days later, was categorized as powerful. There's no way Vivian could have a choreographed solo ready in just two days. 

There's also the lack of embarrassment she showed when Kitty told her how screwy and awful it was...

SONG request: 

The makeover episode, where Jenelle almost has to have a short bob....the background song is so catchy, but I can't catch enough of the lyrics to find it anywhere. Is anyone familiar with the song? 

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, MelissaMinion said:

I'm watching season 8 on Pluto right now (Vivian, volume 1.)

Solo practice at Kitty's. I think the whole Tin Man dance was a planned play to make sure she was featured in the series. Her actual solo, done just two days later, was categorized as powerful. There's no way Vivian could have a choreographed solo ready in just two days.  

Kitty choreographed her a new solo and also paid for her (referee) outfit for finals.

https://www.dallasobserver.com/arts/cowboys-cheerleader-trainer-kitty-carter-dishes-out-criticism-for-a-living-and-shes-not-sorry-9272552

• Love 6

Hi! I have watched seasons 4 - 13 of DCC: Making the Team, but can't find seasons 1 - 3 on any of the streaming services. Does anyone know of a way to watch them? Many thanks for any help.

On 4/17/2020 at 8:41 AM, DCCFanMA said:

Hi! I have watched seasons 4 - 13 of DCC: Making the Team, but can't find seasons 1 - 3 on any of the streaming services. Does anyone know of a way to watch them? Many thanks for any help.

You don't mention if you have seen Season 14.  CMT.com currently has that on their website for free.

• Useful 1

I'm watching Season 14 SG auditions...and for the life of me...I just can't figure out what MR brings to that panel and why they have to keep shoving her down our throats.  I know a lot of people really like her....but I'm not one.  If she never judged or mentored again, I would not miss her one bit.

• Love 4

Episode 806:  The beginning of Chelsea Chaney's downfall.  Wonder if TPTB heard what she said in her talking head about being "brought down to a very low level" (I'm paraphrasing) before the office visit?  She should have been cut right then and there if they did.

• Love 1

Watching episode 1008 on Pluto currently...

The way Kelli explains her reasonings for keeping Kat on the team for the final announcement: “She’s made progress, I feel our fans will like her and I like her on this team.” She’s openly admitting she doesn’t take the top 36 most talented dancers each year, but the top 36 she feels would be the best “whole package.” Being on Kelli’s good side is what makes or breaks a lot of girls’ dreams of being a DCC, and that I don’t agree with. Although I do adore Kat, don’t get me wrong!

• Love 4
3 hours ago, jtafoya5 said:

Watching episode 1008 on Pluto currently...

The way Kelli explains her reasonings for keeping Kat on the team for the final announcement: “She’s made progress, I feel our fans will like her and I like her on this team.” She’s openly admitting she doesn’t take the top 36 most talented dancers each year, but the top 36 she feels would be the best “whole package.” Being on Kelli’s good side is what makes or breaks a lot of girls’ dreams of being a DCC, and that I don’t agree with. Although I do adore Kat, don’t get me wrong!

I think she's said that a few times about different girls, I feel like Kelsey Lowrance was another that she said something similar about.  I don't think that's unique to DCC or even to dance teams in general.  A lot of times someone's soft skills will get them picked for a job.

And also, Kat got cut the next year, so *shrug*

• Love 1
3 hours ago, jtafoya5 said:

She’s openly admitting she doesn’t take the top 36 most talented dancers each year, but the top 36 she feels would be the best “whole package.”

8 minutes ago, aeroluv327 said:

I think she's said that a few times about different girls,

What did she say about Breelan - not ready, but they wanted to draw the performer out of her??  Well, that didn't go very well, did it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, aeroluv327 said:

I think she's said that a few times about different girls, I feel like Kelsey Lowrance was another that she said something similar about.  I don't think that's unique to DCC or even to dance teams in general.  A lot of times someone's soft skills will get them picked for a job.

I thought Kelsey needed a boost of confidence by being on the team. I thought she really improved as a veteran. She was never going to be their best dancer but she was a great cheerleader and had experience interacting with a range of people.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, aeroluv327 said:

I think the "Kat" the OP is talking about is current DCC Kat, not former DCC rhythmic gymnast Kat.

On 4/21/2020 at 3:58 PM, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Besides Meredith O, who was easy to pick out, who are the other cheerleaders in this clip?  Is that Michelle Keys (last one on our right)? 

I ‘think’ Brooke, Megan Sharp, and Michelle

Edited by Pksbena1
Amended
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, ByTor said:

I think the "Kat" the OP is talking about is current DCC Kat, not former DCC rhythmic gymnast Kat.

OP said episode 1008 on Pluto, isn't that the season rhythmic gymnast Kat was on?

• Love 2
7 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I thought Kelsey needed a boost of confidence by being on the team. I thought she really improved as a veteran. She was never going to be their best dancer but she was a great cheerleader and had experience interacting with a range of people.

I totally agree!  And it seems like she got along very well with her teammates.  She is a good example of not being the best dancer but brought a lot of really good qualities.  

• Love 1
On 4/21/2020 at 2:43 PM, mizzhyer said:

I'm watching Season 14 SG auditions...and for the life of me...I just can't figure out what MR brings to that panel and why they have to keep shoving her down our throats.  I know a lot of people really like her....but I'm not one.  If she never judged or mentored again, I would not miss her one bit.

I think it's just because she's been on a couple of TV shows.  There have been other alumni who have been just as successful in other ways related to dancing and performing that could mentor.  Plus some of them were there longer than two years.  "Showmanship mentor" just sounds like a bullshit title.  They could get someone else just as qualified.  

• Love 1
11 hours ago, aeroluv327 said:

I totally agree!  And it seems like she got along very well with her teammates.  She is a good example of not being the best dancer but brought a lot of really good qualities.  

Her and Danielle will always be two who fit in this category. I'd add Miranda, Jinelle and Nicole Bulcher into this too.

Whilst I normally gravitate towards the best dancers, they also need good dancers who are excellent ambassadors too!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, DCC-UK said:

Her and Danielle will always be two who fit in this category. I'd add Miranda, Jinelle and Nicole Bulcher into this too.

I think the biggest thing that saved Nicole was that, as Kelli said, she didn't have the power, but she never made a mistake.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, ByTor said:

I think the biggest thing that saved Nicole was that, as Kelli said, she didn't have the power, but she never made a mistake.

I've barely seen her rookie year because they never show it on British TV. Probably why I have such a love for Jinelle and Angela, as they're the only seasons we get to see every so often!

Nicole always seemed to be liked by others which helps, whether that's the public or teammates. 

Edited by DCC-UK
Added to
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, ByTor said:

And she's so, so freaking pretty.  Much beloved by teammates and a solid ambassador too.  I think she went to Pro Bowl and she's still an All Star several years later too.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, DCC-UK said:

Nicole always seemed to be liked by others which helps, whether that's the public or teammates. 

Agreed...as @kalibean points out, she was voted to go to Pro Bowl.  I also think she was taken on that trip to London with show group, which she wasn't even on.

54 minutes ago, kalibean said:

she's still an All Star several years later too.  

Well sure, she can still fit in the uniform, she understands that carbonation causes cellulite 😂

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Agreed...as @kalibean points out, she was voted to go to Pro Bowl.  I also think she was taken on that trip to London with show group, which she wasn't even on.

Well sure, she can still fit in the uniform, she understands that carbonation causes cellulite 😂

Bloody hate that episode with that nutrionist woman. At the end of the day, they're young women. Treats are allowed!

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

Bloody hate that episode with that nutrionist woman. At the end of the day, they're young women. Treats are allowed!

No they're not, pretty girls don't eat treats 🙄

• LOL 6

Anybody follow Reality Steve? His podcast guest this week is Kathryn Dunn.  I haven’t listened yet, so I don’t know if she talks about her time as a TCC, but she does talk about being a Mavs dancer.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Pj3422 said:

Anybody follow Reality Steve? His podcast guest this week is Kathryn Dunn.  I haven’t listened yet, so I don’t know if she talks about her time as a TCC, but she does talk about being a Mavs dancer.

Picture from his site

image.png.5f3246bb8ea638a16df815764b1f3efe.png

2 hours ago, Pj3422 said:

I just listened to it.  Most of it is about Big Brother. You can fast forward to 1:25:16 where she starts talking about the Mavs. At 1:27:45 she mentions she auditioned for the DCC made TC twice and was cut. That's all she said about DCC. Also said the new Mavs dance team will be back next year.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

I just listened to it.  Most of it is about Big Brother. You can fast forward to 1:25:16 where she starts talking about the Mavs. At 1:27:45 she mentions she auditioned for the DCC made TC twice and was cut. That's all she said about DCC. Also said the new Mavs dance team will be back next year.

Thanks for saving me a lot of blather about Big Brother. I did enjoy hearing her talking about the pay structure of the Dallas sports team dancers.

• Love 3